shape
carat
color
clarity

Updates, anyone?

SMC

Ideal_Rock
cygnet|1363755200|3409298 said:
OH MACCERS!!! CONGRATULATIONS! It's beautiful :love: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Aside from that, no updates for me. The great ring debacle has really kind of ruined my engagement. Maybe my feelings about it will improve after this whole thing is sorted out, but I'm just no longer excited. It has become a chore. It's too bad. I was so looking forward to it all too. :nono: That's also why I haven't been posting lately. My heart just hasn't been in it. Sigh.

I followed your whole ring saga and I can totally understand being tired of the whole thing. I went through 2 engagement rings and settings and am now on my third. Granted, I worked with friendly vendors, but at some point I just want the whole thing to be over. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel though!

I know you're in Seattle, there are plenty of pretty nice jewelers around here too so you can be more involved in the process.

Ms_Lovely

Rough_Rock
Maccers-- Honey, that ring is Gah-geous!!! :love:

Sortmon-- :wavey: I'm so glad you joined!!! If it weren't for you we'd still be searching for my rock! I know some PSers would sooner die than be caught with a .77 I1 stone for an ER but I swear the pics of that little diamond make me smile on the inside. I feel like she's perfect for me. She's not the ideal and she's had a few bumps along the way but somehow she manages to shine ;)) Now, I'm more excited about that beat up little diamond than I am about the setting. My honey can choose whatever setting he likes--it'll be perfect as long as my girl (I feel like my diamond needs a name; any suggestions? I keep thinking Greta but it doesn't feel right) is in the middle :appl:

wsucheerleader

Rough_Rock
So my boyfriend keeps the ring in his apartment. I occassionally look at the ring just because I love to see the sparkle. The box is there but the ring is not... either he figured out I look at it and moved the ring itself because he loves to torture me or something is going on in the very near future.

SMC

Ideal_Rock
Ms_Lovely|1363763400|3409391 said:
Maccers-- Honey, that ring is Gah-geous!!! :love:

Sortmon-- :wavey: I'm so glad you joined!!! If it weren't for you we'd still be searching for my rock! I know some PSers would sooner die than be caught with a .77 I1 stone for an ER but I swear the pics of that little diamond make me smile on the inside. I feel like she's perfect for me. She's not the ideal and she's had a few bumps along the way but somehow she manages to shine ;)) Now, I'm more excited about that beat up little diamond than I am about the setting. My honey can choose whatever setting he likes--it'll be perfect as long as my girl (I feel like my diamond needs a name; any suggestions? I keep thinking Greta but it doesn't feel right) is in the middle :appl:

I'm happy that you got the diamond! I think that you got a lot for the money. Who cares if it's an I1 as long as you can't see the inclusions (most of the time)? Have you been able to see it?

SMC

Ideal_Rock
vintagelover229|1363793916|3409566 said:
maple2012: not sure if you bought a stone but I found this one in preloved for 6500.00 leaving a good amount for a nice setting and it's just over 2 carats :)

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/forum/preloved-ps-jewels/2-06-round-brilliant-t187037.html']https://www.pricescope.com/forum/preloved-ps-jewels/2-06-round-brilliant-t187037.html[/URL]

I've been eyeing that stone too (not to buy)! I think that it looks lovely and there's discussion going on that it could be an old cut that was classified as a RB (hence the superior pictures but inferior grading).

mandasand

Brilliant_Rock
pandabee|1363736737|3409061 said:
Oops, I mean ends in 5...can't forget about sortmon!

I pick 35 then. That was easy!

Crossing my fingers that this is the one he picks:
http://jewelsbyericagrace.smugmug.com/Jewelry/Rings-Antique-Vintage/Vintage-Wedding-Set/27727123_tdsKvm#!i=2336824534&k=9KdKTnF

I have looked at so many different diamonds and settings (AVCs, AVRs, Gabriel, LJN), I think I made us both a little crazy. Then, we got the Sneak Peek and I found a couple of e-rings I like, but this one is my favorite! No, it's not the biggest and it's under budget, but it's so ME!

SMC

Ideal_Rock
mandasand|1363818519|3409880 said:

http://jewelsbyericagrace.smugmug.com/Jewelry/Rings-Antique-Vintage/Vintage-Wedding-Set/27727123_tdsKvm#!i=2336824534&k=9KdKTnF

I have looked at so many different diamonds and settings (AVCs, AVRs, Gabriel, LJN), I think I made us both a little crazy. Then, we got the Sneak Peek and I found a couple of e-rings I like, but this one is my favorite! No, it's not the biggest and it's under budget, but it's so ME!

Wow! How is that diamond only half a carat?!?! It looks HUGE! (And it's lovely.)

mandasand

Brilliant_Rock
sortmon|1363818661|3409882 said:
mandasand|1363818519|3409880 said:

Wow! How is that diamond only half a carat?!?! It looks HUGE! (And it's lovely.)

I doubt it looks that huge in person...it's a macro shot. The diamond looks like it has a small table and it measures 5.23mm. I thought I wanted a 6mm, but I think that the setting is what makes the stone look larger. I just LOVE the filligree...I get all excited every time I see it. I have it on my phone, computer...totally obsessed.

SMC

Ideal_Rock
mandasand|1363818924|3409887 said:
I doubt it looks that huge in person...it's a macro shot. The diamond looks like it has a small table and it measures 5.23mm. I thought I wanted a 6mm, but I think that the setting is what makes the stone look larger. I just LOVE the filligree...I get all excited every time I see it. I have it on my phone, computer...totally obsessed.

It's amazing what a setting can do! I only think it looks huge because of the finger coverage it provides. Good choice!

lin_ny

Brilliant_Rock

maple2012

Shiny_Rock
lin_ny|1363908266|3410678 said:
vintagelover229|1363793916|3409566 said:
maple2012: not sure if you bought a stone but I found this one in preloved for 6500.00 leaving a good amount for a nice setting and it's just over 2 carats :)

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/forum/preloved-ps-jewels/2-06-round-brilliant-t187037.html']https://www.pricescope.com/forum/preloved-ps-jewels/2-06-round-brilliant-t187037.html[/URL]
That diamond looks like a sexy tranny! And what a DEAL!!! :naughty: :lickout: :love:

Hi Ladies! Sorry for the delay in reply to that pre-loved recommendation - I've been awfully sick all week and away from pricescope. :(( I missed the post! Wow. That's beautiful! Well, from what I can tell from that one photo... to bad it's sealed and there's no more pics included. I will show it to the SO in the morning when he gets home from work!

I asked GOG to put us wait list for a J or K SI1 or SI2 August Vintage earlier today. :saint: They don't have an AVC in stock now that hits the price point and size I want. I'm hoping something will come through in the next 2 months.

wsucheerleader

Rough_Rock
So my boyfriend and I are die hard Wichita State bball fans as I was an undergrad cheerleader. Yesterday during the game jokingly said if we make the elite 8 he will propose to me. It bothers me that he makes jokes about it when he knows I'm anxiously awaiting this moment. Does anybody else's SO do this?

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
wsucheerleader|1363961739|3411023 said:
So my boyfriend and I are die hard Wichita State bball fans as I was an undergrad cheerleader. Yesterday during the game jokingly said if we make the elite 8 he will propose to me. It bothers me that he makes jokes about it when he knows I'm anxiously awaiting this moment. Does anybody else's SO do this?

Stupid acronyms, I thought you were from Washington State.
:lol:

and no, my bf never jokes about proposing if x happens. He's right not to. If x happened, and he hadn't proposed, I'd be super pissed at him and he'd have to deal with an uber pissed off, probably in an anxiety attack, girlfriend.

SMC

Ideal_Rock

Haha, I live in Seattle so I also thought you were talking about Washington State University! What was your response to his "joke"? Do you think he is half-serious?

BriBee

Brilliant_Rock
Maple: Just checked in here and I'm so excited for you! I think YES YES YES to checking out a warmer AVC. I probably sound like a broken record but you just HAVE to see the stone in person to know about the color, my L is so fantastic, I wouldn't change it for anything!

Cygnet: My heart breaks for you...I was following that thread and then when I found out it was you and your amazing Octavia I wanted to cry ;( Big hugs to you and please don't let this ruin your engagement experience! I understand the need to take a little break, but you will find the perfect home for your beautiful stone and then all of this will be a distant memory. I second some of the opinions you got about putting it in a simple solitaire, enjoying your ring and engagment, and then taking time to decide what's next. I REAAALLLLYYY thought my dream setting was going to be a 3-5 stone ring, but I'm SO happy I went solitaire to start because it lets my stone be the star and for now I don't imagine I will change it for a long time (if ever)

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
Oh wow! I would be really mad about the joke. I can see how he thinks it’s funny but it’s sort of mean. I am curious how you responded….

Mandasand- I LOVE that ring! The diamond looks huge! I actually really love the wedding band too. :lickout:

I have a right hand ring that is similar but a much smaller diamond. I actually debated for a while plopping my grandmothers stone into it and using it as an engagement ring.

I should find pictures…

I forget that you ladies like jewelry. My friends are like, oh that sparkly thing is pretty…
Pictures to come!

wsucheerleader

Rough_Rock
sortmon|1363974572|3411163 said:
Haha, I live in Seattle so I also thought you were talking about Washington State University! What was your response to his "joke"? Do you think he is half-serious?

I'm sorry for the confusion. A lot of people don't know about Wichita State. I laughed it off but when we were alone I said please don't bring it up unless you intend to do it, especially when he gets upset with me for nagging about when it will happen. It wouldn't suprise me though if it was a sincere thought as he knows how much cheerleading and basketball has played in my life but I would rather have that moment be shared with friends and family than 10,000 + strangers.

SMC

Ideal_Rock
My boyfriend picked up the ring from Sholdt today! Now it's just a waiting game. I am still not convinced he's entirely ready to get engaged so I could be on this list for awhile longer. At least I'm in good company.

lin_ny

Brilliant_Rock
madelise|1363973409|3411137 said:

and no, my bf never jokes about proposing if x happens. He's right not to. If x happened, and he hadn't proposed, I'd be super pissed at him and he'd have to deal with an uber pissed off, probably in an anxiety attack, girlfriend.
My boyfriend sometimes says if I give him more BJs, he'll propose.

And I told him if we get married, he'll get more BJs. :lol: Its a vicious cycle... :nono:

maple2012

Shiny_Rock

My boyfriend does things like this too. You're not alone! It makes me so upset when he does it.

Also... whenever we get into disagrements about small stuff like dinner... and whether to go with my suggestion or his... if I don't agree with him he'll say, "well that's just dropped you by .05 carats...!". He says it cause he knows how fiesty and upset I get when he does it! :angryfire:

lktx

Shiny_Rock
Got to play with my diamond last weekend. Hope SO will set it sometime soon...

photo_130.jpg

wakingdreams53

Brilliant_Rock
llktx, that stone is gorgeous!!!!!

Been updating myself on your updates. Much dust to all the ladies!!!
My SO is a little weird about proposing.... I don't think he sees it as a big deal at all. The other night I mentioned it in passing and he literally said "Well I could just do it now." .... I kinda see if as a question of lifelong commitment, something you probably/hopefully only do once in a lifetime... and he's like "whatever" ... I'd be upset if I weren't confused lol. Anyway, I don't think I'm ready anyway... even though we already have the stone... technically there's no rush... For the most part I just felt like posting since I haven't in a while. :)) MAS DUST TO ALL!!!

lin_ny

Brilliant_Rock
lktx|1364005769|3411547 said:

photo_130.jpg
Droooool :lickout:

So pretty!!! So huge!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
sortmon|1363991752|3411376 said:
My boyfriend picked up the ring from Sholdt today! Now it's just a waiting game. I am still not convinced he's entirely ready to get engaged so I could be on this list for awhile longer. At least I'm in good company.

Got my fingers crossed for you, Sortmon!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
lin_ny|1363998801|3411468 said:
madelise|1363973409|3411137 said:

My boyfriend sometimes says if I give him more BJs, he'll propose.

And I told him if we get married, he'll get more BJs. :lol: Its a vicious cycle... :nono:

Careful, he might hold you to that promise! :lol:

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
maple2012|1364004327|3411534 said:

My boyfriend does things like this too. You're not alone! It makes me so upset when he does it.

Also... whenever we get into disagrements about small stuff like dinner... and whether to go with my suggestion or his... if I don't agree with him he'll say, "well that's just dropped you by .05 carats...!". He says it cause he knows how fiesty and upset I get when he does it! :angryfire:

Tell him that he's not getting laid for 0.05 of a year (that's 18.25 days) if he jokes about shit like that. LOL. See how he likes THAT!!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
lktx|1364005769|3411547 said:

photo_130.jpg

Jesus, you either have teeny fingers or a ginormo diamond. I hope you get it set soon. Leaving it loose like that = no insurance = big risk, IMO!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
wakingdreams53|1364080220|3411980 said:
llktx, that stone is gorgeous!!!!!

Been updating myself on your updates. Much dust to all the ladies!!!
My SO is a little weird about proposing.... I don't think he sees it as a big deal at all. The other night I mentioned it in passing and he literally said "Well I could just do it now." .... I kinda see if as a question of lifelong commitment, something you probably/hopefully only do once in a lifetime... and he's like "whatever" ... I'd be upset if I weren't confused lol. Anyway, I don't think I'm ready anyway... even though we already have the stone... technically there's no rush... For the most part I just felt like posting since I haven't in a while. :)) MAS DUST TO ALL!!!

He says he can do it now because truly, a proposal ISN'T a big deal. What you say, that lifelong commitment, THAT'S what's a big deal! Him buying you a diamond is already showing you that he's committed. Why wait?

lktx

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the kind words everyone!

Madelise, he got it appraised the other day (day 58 in James Allen's 60 day return window...so much procrastination) and the appraiser said "I trust you will not leave it like this for long!" I've been really worried about it getting lost or stolen, but I just have to let it go because he moves at his own pace, which is pretty slow. It used to hurt my feelings, but he's like this about everything in life. If it can be done later, why do it today? :roll: I get things done sooner rather than later, so I've had to step back and kind of disconnect from this situation a bit to keep from freaking out or worrying myself to death.

He did tell me last night that he's been thinking about getting it set, so that's a start...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results