shape
carat
color
clarity

Updates, anyone?

BriBee

Brilliant_Rock
Update....

SO and I leave tomorrow for a 5 day trip to Lake Tahoe to snowboard, visit my mom, and celebrate my 30th birthday. I'm kind of hoping *something* happens, but not wanting to get too excited in case it doesn't. BUT, SO has said some things in the past few days/week that make me think it could be coming. First, he let it slip that he's seen the ring, so it's done. I don't know where it is, but I'm 99% sure it's ready to go. He also got upset about something last weekend and I didn't understand what was going on, and he mentioned something about his plans getting messed up. I think he's upset because my brother and FI are joining us on the trip, and then my mom invited brother's FI's parents...and SO mentioned that this is supposed to be about my birthday (not their wedding) and he wanted us to have more alone time etc etc. I hope his plans aren't actually "messed up," he's known about all these people coming for a while. Maybe he's trying to throw me off?

We have also been so busy at work and home getting ready to leave and the other day he looked at my hands and noticed that I had basically demolished my manicure (I'm horrible at picking my nails when I'm bored/stressed/anxious) and he says "WHAT have you done to your nails?" I laughed and told him that I was going to try and get them done before we left and he said "I think that's a really good idea." So maybe he's wanting me to have nice nails to match a nice sparkly... :bigsmile: ? I've been joking with him ever since we got the stone that I'll have to be really good about keeping my nails nice.

As a girl I know I may tend to over analyze these things, but we have to be able to hope, haha. The only thing that makes me think it might not happen is that we are going to be around family and friends a lot, and he has said that when it happens it will be just the two of us. I am also a little aprehensive because with my brother and his FI and her parents joining us, there will probably be a lot of wedding talk (they get married June 29) and I don't want to steal their thunder. And I could also see SO not wanting to propose because then maybe our big news would get lost in the shuffle or something. I know it shouldn't really matter, especially because the main purpose of the trip is supposed to be for my bday, but who knows?
We do have a couple nights at a hotel for Sunday, Monday, when we will have time alone so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

lktx

Shiny_Rock
^^That sounds promising! So excited for you!!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Everyone has such wonderful updates :appl: :appl: :appl:

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
H YAYYYYYY!!! Getting so close!!! Remind us again which ring from WF? Could he not find a similar one at another vendor, or are you trying to get a WF stone and want to get it all in one place? :confused:

BeeCushion sounds very promising!!! I love the little hint that he gave you about your nails...better take him up on that!!!

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry, I meant to reply earlier but this stupid little thing called WORK got in the way. :lol:

The stone is 0.625 ct I VS2 A CUT ABOVE® Super Ideal Princess Cut Diamond (but I'm willing to be flexible) and the ring is 18k White Gold "Infinity" Diamond Engagement Ring. It's roughly about $3,200, give or take... but as I previously mentioned, now he's been saying how he wants me to have at least a carat. Which, I agree, but..... it's not in his budget.

So, to get the ring mentioned above with WF, if he qualified for the flex pay, he'd have to pay $640ish up front (easily do-able), but three equal payments would equal about $853 and some change. DEFINITELY not in his budget.

I'd like to get the WF stone and ring all in one place, it'd be so much more convenient for him.

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
MBKRH|1362620985|3398538 said:
Sorry, I meant to reply earlier but this stupid little thing called WORK got in the way. :lol:

The stone is 0.625 ct I VS2 A CUT ABOVE® Super Ideal Princess Cut Diamond (but I'm willing to be flexible) and the ring is 18k White Gold "Infinity" Diamond Engagement Ring. It's roughly about $3,200, give or take... but as I previously mentioned, now he's been saying how he wants me to have at least a carat. Which, I agree, but..... it's not in his budget.

So, to get the ring mentioned above with WF, if he qualified for the flex pay, he'd have to pay $640ish up front (easily do-able), but three equal payments would equal about $853 and some change. DEFINITELY not in his budget.

I'd like to get the WF stone and ring all in one place, it'd be so much more convenient for him.

ahh I remember now! Yes, I figured that was the case, that is such a beautiful setting!! I hope he can work it all out...how frequent does he have to do the subsequent payments?

lktx

Shiny_Rock
MBKRH, would you and your SO be open to the idea of you chipping in a little so you can get exactly what you want? (Sorry if you have addressed this in a previous post! I don't stay as up to date as I should...)

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
lktx , no problem. I wouldn't mind, however, he makes more money than me. I'm working on over $40K in debt between credit cards and student loans. So........ I live paycheck to paycheck as it is. It's very rare that I have extra money these days.

pandabee , thanks. From what I read on WF, after making the 20% down payment, you then have to make 3 equal payments every 30 days. So it needs to be paid in full by 90 days. M's income isn't steady, as I've mentioned before (commission based job). So we can't count on that. I wish they'd be a bit more flexible with their pay plans... but I understand why they aren't. It's just frustrating, that's all.

It doesn't help last night he said "I'm so torn between putting my (possible) tax refund either towards a new mattress (which we desperately need), or your ring." I was quiet for a minute.... and then all I managed to sputter was "Uhhhhhhhhhh" a la Butthead from Beavis & Butthead. :lol: So smooth, I know.

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
madelise|1362607955|3398340 said:

How are things with you, mad? You've been quiet. How's life in general?

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
MBKRH - Its a shame you aren't able to go with a cheaper 'temp' set as a kind of placeholder! SO's brother and his wife picked out a $600 USD ering ring (on sale) because they were/are students low on cash. She LOVES it, and even wears it sans wedding band to 'let it shine' - aww x 10! I'm sure you'd be able to find something really sweet, and the LIW's eBay skills know no bounds!

Also - I just bought the most bomb-ass bed second hand, virtually brand new, custom made, $350. What up! It was a splurge - it cost $230 more than the last bed I bought. :naughty: I believe that might qualify me to out-cheap you, madelise! :tongue:

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chewbacca|1362628662|3398653 said:
MBKRH - Its a shame you aren't able to go with a cheaper 'temp' set as a kind of placeholder! SO's brother and his wife picked out a $600 USD ering ring (on sale) because they were/are students low on cash. She LOVES it, and even wears it sans wedding band to 'let it shine' - aww x 10! I'm sure you'd be able to find something really sweet, and the LIW's eBay skills know no bounds!

Also - I just bought the most bomb-ass bed second hand, virtually brand new, custom made, $350. What up! It was a splurge - it cost $230 more than the last bed I bought. :naughty: I believe that might qualify me to out-cheap you, madelise! :tongue:

Well, my lovely twin Chewy, maybe, maybe not! For the last 24 years I have slept on a free bed. Yes, free. So I owned a twin bed since I was 6. I slept on that forever. I still remember it was my birthday present when I got to 1st grade, and couldn't sleep between my grandparents anymore. I was getting big, and I was kicking them! :lol: My ex and I, and then SO and I, we'd squeeze on a twin bed. Yes, squeeze. I am a very large girl. I wear size 14 pants. I take up the whole size of a twin bed by myself! But we didn't want to spend money on a bed :blackeye: so we held on to my twin size bed for the first year. And then we moved out to our own apartment, so we decided not to take the bed with us. We went to a portion of Pasadena I like to call "Mattress Row". They feature many many mattress stores! The cheapest queen bed they had was $300 and HORRIBLE. Squeaky. I looked on Craigslist, but it creeped me out thinking that weirdo **** stars (I do live in LA after all) could have used them. *Shudder* :errrr: And of course, the retail prices, even after discounts and haggling, on new better quality queen beds were $$$$! So SO went to his family's house, and took one of the beds that they had bought when they first came to the US! That was 20 years ago! It was a Sealy, so it was good quality, though. Well, decent quality. Considering it had about 20 years of wear! YIKES! We didn't even have a bed frame or box set to put it on, so we got the cheapest possible ones for <$100. It's the metal mattress frames that fold together when you store it? And it has wheels, and you have to pull it out and stuff to change the measurement? Yeah, those. I think we got it for like $30. It has wheels. Yes. Wheels. It rolls away when we, um, get busy. HAHAHA. Seriously, we can move FEET! Multiple feet!!! And our pillows will fall down between the bed and the wall :oops: Oh, fun fun!

Half a year later, I quit my more stable consistent job to go back to school full-time, and he had work stuff, so we both moved back in with our families. I took that bed back home with me since we threw away my old twin bed, and SO moved into his parent's new house, which they purchased from a divorcing family. That family sold ALL their furniture in the whole house to them for a few thousand bucks, so they didn't have to worry about moving it or arguing in the divorce about what belongs to whom.. They just split the profit from the sale. SO's bed was one of the beds included in that sale.

SO THERE! I beat you. I'm a cheap@$$! :lol: :lol: :lol:

But here's where you beat me:
I have had back problems for the last 5-6 years or so. Stupid weight gain = less muscles in my back + bigger bubbies that weigh my back down more. Add on that I'm in a chair all day in school/work, sitting, with little to no back support… I'm a mess! When I was working, I could afford going to the chiropractor once a month, and getting massages every once in a while. I haven't done that in 2 years! So my back is WHACK! So for my last Christmas and anniversary combined present, SO bought me a Tempurpedic mattress. :bigsmile: SPLURGE $$PLURGE!!!!!! Except.. :lol: :lol: My bed is still sitting on that free box set and $30 adjustable metal frame on wheels. HAH! :roll: :rolleyes: :roll: :rolleyes: I'm too cheap to buy one for myself, and SO says I don't need one. SOOOOOO.. 24 years of free beds, and 3 months of heaven…. on wheels :lol:

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
MBKRH|1362625665|3398606 said:

Hey! :wavey: I'm slightly more active in The Hangout than LIW, since this place usually collects dust. For a while, all I heard was my own echo! I swore I was just talking to myself :lol: :lol: :lol:

I posted in the Hangout that I need all the dust in the world; I'm currently awaiting graduate school admission/rejection notices. I am $h!tting bricks while I'm waiting. It's also the end of my quarter, so :errrr: I've just been busier. Which is great. I need all the busy I can get! I'm also flying out to Florida at the end of the month to meet my father, whom I haven't seen since I was 3. I am nervous but excited. :praise: SO will be joining me, and we are also going to visit Disney World on my birthday. :appl: That part I'm super excited for! :sun:

I'm very happy to read your updates, MBKRH! You seriously have one catch of a man. Him putting your car situation first, before other things, is an enviable situation. Does your SO not want any credit cards? There was a thread recently on which financing plans are the best. A few people have said that if you MUST finance, you can do it through a new credit card, where they usually sign you on with a 0% interest rate for 12 months. I know I had that deal with a few different credit card companies. I also am curious at your answer for Chewy's Q: why don't you guys get a temp cheapy ring as a placeholder? Also, does it have to be an ACA princess? Can you buy a second hand, non-super-ideal cut off of eBay? Just throwing out options, girlfriend ::) How about splitting his tax refund half/half, a portion to savings for your ring, and a portion to savings for the mattress? :))

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
Alright I need to head to work, but I'll try to make this quick:

Chewbacca, yes I wish we could do a placeholder type ring, but that's not really M's thing. So, I don't mind waiting..... sometimes. :lol:

madelise, I've always owned a free bed, too. My current one is my aunt's old one... god knows how long she's had it. It's absolutely dreadful- it hurts when we wake up in the morning.
It has wheels. Yes. Wheels. It rolls away when we, um, get busy.
I just died laughing!!! My bed has wheels too, but thank god we have carpet in the bedroom. But in my parent's house, we had wood floors, and I certainly know what it's like to "roll away." :lol:

Oooooh, loads of dust for you! Grad school, how exciting!!! I'm sure everything will work out for you! :appl: And I forgot you're going to FL- I hope you have a wonderful time! Enjoy Disney, I was only there once, and I was 11. I'd like to go now as adult.

M WANTS credit cards, but....... well, long story short. He had judgments entered on him quite a few years back. Wages were garnished, blah blah blah.... and now we are working on getting the releases for the judgments so they will clear off his credit report. We've gotten one, but the second one is a bit more trying, as they want to charge him $50 for a duplicate release, because they claim they already mailed him one. Well, obviously he never got it. So, I've been pullin' some strings with one of the attorneys at work and he's been trying to contact that law firm to get it. So, we'll see. So yeah it's not that he doesn't WANT them, he just can't get one until his credit score is in a good range.

As far as his refund goes, if he DOES get it (and he hasn't done his taxes yet, so he's just guesstimating) it is only going to be about $600. I don't know what he wants to do. I guess we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

Sorry I can't elaborate more, I just saw the time. Gotta go make that chedda! Have a good day ladies!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
madelise|1362656364|3398860 said:
MBKRH|1362625665|3398606 said:

Hey! :wavey: I'm slightly more active in The Hangout than LIW, since this place usually collects dust. For a while, all I heard was my own echo! I swore I was just talking to myself :lol: :lol: :lol:

I posted in the Hangout that I need all the dust in the world; I'm currently awaiting graduate school admission/rejection notices. I am $h!tting bricks while I'm waiting. It's also the end of my quarter, so :errrr: I've just been busier. Which is great. I need all the busy I can get! I'm also flying out to Florida at the end of the month to meet my father, whom I haven't seen since I was 3. I am nervous but excited. :praise: SO will be joining me, and we are also going to visit Disney World on my birthday. :appl: That part I'm super excited for! :sun:

I'm very happy to read your updates, MBKRH! You seriously have one catch of a man. Him putting your car situation first, before other things, is an enviable situation. Does your SO not want any credit cards? There was a thread recently on which financing plans are the best. A few people have said that if you MUST finance, you can do it through a new credit card, where they usually sign you on with a 0% interest rate for 12 months. I know I had that deal with a few different credit card companies. I also am curious at your answer for Chewy's Q: why don't you guys get a temp cheapy ring as a placeholder? Also, does it have to be an ACA princess? Can you buy a second hand, non-super-ideal cut off of eBay? Just throwing out options, girlfriend ::) How about splitting his tax refund half/half, a portion to savings for your ring, and a portion to savings for the mattress? :))

Right there with you on the grad school apps - first one is submitted and I might not hear until JULY. For a September start. In another country. Yeah...I'm freaking out a little. Looking at other programs this weekend and we'll see what happens. I know at least one rec is in, the other should be soon. And then I wait. It's making me a little cranky.

lktx

Shiny_Rock
As far as mattresses go, I've had *really* good luck buying the cheapest mattress in the store (I think I got mine for $250, including the frame), and then going to Target and getting a foam pad and a padded mattress cover. I spend a lot on the foam pad (~$70). I think the total cost was a little under $400, and my bed is super comfy. I stole this trick from my mom's friend who has apparently been doing this for years.

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock
first off, madelise...IM SO HAPPY YOU ARE HAVING SUCH GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR TEMPURPEDIC!!!!

We hated ours. It look us longer to get rid of it than we actually had it. Tempurpedic kept giving us the run around that we needed to jump on the bed to "soften" it and all this crap...We fought with them daily to pick it up...they give a pickup window of 21 days! YUP 21!!! they really want you to keep the bed i guess. So we had a tempurpedic bed and frame in the corner of our room while we had to go out and buy a new one! SUCKED. The tempurpedic was 4500??? we have a king sized bed, and it was a cloud luxe.

Anywho. We ended up with a beautyrest black label. It was almost the same price, but SERIOUSLY the best bed i have ever slept on! :love: I am kind of a mattress snob. when i was 20ish, my parents bought me an entire nice bedroom set to take with me one day when i moved. I ended up with a 2400 dollar mattress even though my budget for the mattress was only 900 hehe. Whoops. The bedroom set was beautiful. I had both nightstands, the male dresser, the female vanity with mirror etc. The whole sheeeebang. I ended up moving in with SO and we only had one bedroom, so i actually left the bedroom set with my parents. My older brother ended up moving home with them after a divorce to get back on his feet and took my bedroom set to HIS new place...so my bedroom set has gotten around! :naughty:

As for the financing, i brought it up with SO after i had read that article. We are going to T&Co, so they do the 12 month payment plan with 20-30% down. So i casually mentioned how he was planning on doing it. He plans on putting ~50% down then doing the tiff payment plan. I mentioned the 12 mo credit card 0% and the smartass he is says " Well why would i do that? I'm doing 12 months at T&Co then if i NEED more time to pay it off, THEN i will open the credit card and get ANOTHER 12 months, but i don't plan on taking that long to pay it off..." So smart.

K now just gimme the ring. i found the receipt on his watch and he paid 8100... :nono: Thats almost my e ring budget. RAWR. i know my ring is next but i want it NOW. LOL

BriBee

Brilliant_Rock
You guys are probably sick of my updates, hahaha, but I HAD to share this since I JUST got this....

I have alerts set up on our CC's and bank accounts etc for when a transaction exceeds a certain amount. WELL....I just got an alert that a transaction has gone through at our jeweler :-o

I'm kind of annoyed at myself for ruining the surprise....but this means SO picked the ring up yesterday or today and paid for the work on the setting.....eeeeek!

OK, that's all for now, we leave in a few hours :bigsmile:

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
madelise - I SUPPOSE your FREE bed with el-cheapo sexy time wheels trumps my $20 decidedly used second hand bed from the 80's. :lol:

MBKRH - Well I guess there goes that idea! How attached is he to the 1ct thing? SO felt/feels the same way, but once he learnt more was more open-ish other ideas! You might be able to find a similar/same setting to the one you love for a deal on eBay?

LoveLikeCrazy - I forget, when is Ring Time happening again?

BeeCushion - I'M SO EXCITED FOR YOU! :appl:

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL!!
I'm so glad I gave ya'll a laugh this morning. My friends CANNOT figure me out. *I* can't figure me out! HAHA.

MBKRH|1362661721|3398888 said:

Chewbacca, yes I wish we could do a placeholder type ring, but that's not really M's thing. So, I don't mind waiting..... sometimes. :lol:

madelise, I've always owned a free bed, too. My current one is my aunt's old one... god knows how long she's had it. It's absolutely dreadful- it hurts when we wake up in the morning.
I just died laughing!!! My bed has wheels too, but thank god we have carpet in the bedroom. But in my parent's house, we had wood floors, and I certainly know what it's like to "roll away." :lol:

Oooooh, loads of dust for you! Grad school, how exciting!!! I'm sure everything will work out for you! :appl: And I forgot you're going to FL- I hope you have a wonderful time! Enjoy Disney, I was only there once, and I was 11. I'd like to go now as adult.

M WANTS credit cards, but....... well, long story short. He had judgments entered on him quite a few years back. Wages were garnished, blah blah blah.... and now we are working on getting the releases for the judgments so they will clear off his credit report. We've gotten one, but the second one is a bit more trying, as they want to charge him $50 for a duplicate release, because they claim they already mailed him one. Well, obviously he never got it. So, I've been pullin' some strings with one of the attorneys at work and he's been trying to contact that law firm to get it. So, we'll see. So yeah it's not that he doesn't WANT them, he just can't get one until his credit score is in a good range.

As far as his refund goes, if he DOES get it (and he hasn't done his taxes yet, so he's just guesstimating) it is only going to be about $600. I don't know what he wants to do. I guess we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

Sorry I can't elaborate more, I just saw the time. Gotta go make that chedda! Have a good day ladies!

HAHAHA! Doesn't a set of squeaky wheels TOTALLY set the romantic mood? :lol: :lol: Sometimes, afterwards, I compare how far we've drifted away from the wall to the previous time. It's almost a competition now. Our apartment had carpet so it wasn't as bad, but now my room is hardwood floor! It's like a roller coaster :bigsmile: :naughty: :lol:

As for the credit card thing, can you get it under *your* name instead of his? I'd wait for him to pay off the car first, still, though, but at least you wouldn't have to wait super duper long for him to first save up all of the $$ for the ring? What about non-ACA stones?

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
princesss|1362668368|3398992 said:
Right there with you on the grad school apps - first one is submitted and I might not hear until JULY. For a September start. In another country. Yeah...I'm freaking out a little. Looking at other programs this weekend and we'll see what happens. I know at least one rec is in, the other should be soon. And then I wait. It's making me a little cranky.

Yikes! I'm shocked at how late yours are due, and how late you hear responses for a SEPTEMBER START! How are you supposed to make changes to your life in just 2 short months? Ours were due Dec-Feb, and we get our results by April for a late August start date/September start date. I thought THAT was rough! I am just so anxious not knowing where I will have to move! :errrr: :errrr: I'm cranky, too. This wait is putting a huge toll on me, my family, and my SO :nono:

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
lktx|1362673260|3399081 said:
As far as mattresses go, I've had *really* good luck buying the cheapest mattress in the store (I think I got mine for $250, including the frame), and then going to Target and getting a foam pad and a padded mattress cover. I spend a lot on the foam pad (~$70). I think the total cost was a little under $400, and my bed is super comfy. I stole this trick from my mom's friend who has apparently been doing this for years.

Oh, that's a good idea!! I'm sad I didn't think of it :wacko:

LoveLikeCrazy said:
first off, madelise...IM SO HAPPY YOU ARE HAVING SUCH GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR TEMPURPEDIC!!!!

We hated ours. It look us longer to get rid of it than we actually had it. Tempurpedic kept giving us the run around that we needed to jump on the bed to "soften" it and all this crap...We fought with them daily to pick it up...they give a pickup window of 21 days! YUP 21!!! they really want you to keep the bed i guess. So we had a tempurpedic bed and frame in the corner of our room while we had to go out and buy a new one! SUCKED. The tempurpedic was 4500??? we have a king sized bed, and it was a cloud luxe.

Anywho. We ended up with a beautyrest black label. It was almost the same price, but SERIOUSLY the best bed i have ever slept on! :love: I am kind of a mattress snob. when i was 20ish, my parents bought me an entire nice bedroom set to take with me one day when i moved. I ended up with a 2400 dollar mattress even though my budget for the mattress was only 900 hehe. Whoops. The bedroom set was beautiful. I had both nightstands, the male dresser, the female vanity with mirror etc. The whole sheeeebang. I ended up moving in with SO and we only had one bedroom, so i actually left the bedroom set with my parents. My older brother ended up moving home with them after a divorce to get back on his feet and took my bedroom set to HIS new place...so my bedroom set has gotten around! :naughty:

As for the financing, i brought it up with SO after i had read that article. We are going to T&Co, so they do the 12 month payment plan with 20-30% down. So i casually mentioned how he was planning on doing it. He plans on putting ~50% down then doing the tiff payment plan. I mentioned the 12 mo credit card 0% and the smartass he is says " Well why would i do that? I'm doing 12 months at T&Co then if i NEED more time to pay it off, THEN i will open the credit card and get ANOTHER 12 months, but i don't plan on taking that long to pay it off..." So smart.

K now just gimme the ring. i found the receipt on his watch and he paid 8100... :nono: Thats almost my e ring budget. RAWR. i know my ring is next but i want it NOW. LOL

I actually like my beds to be hard, so I love that about this Tempurpedic. I don't know which one it is, but it's also the one that has the least heat retention? But I put on a mattress protector thats waterproof and allergen free, so it's a moot point. The protector is HOT. :nono: Luckily, I'm always freezing at night.. but I anticipate being very annoyed in the summer :blackeye: I didn't buy my mattress directly from Tempurpedic, I went to Sit & Sleep, where they said they would take care of it if we had any issues. We laid on the bed for like 20 minutes to get a feel of it, and we went there about 3 times just to make sure. Then I brought my grandma, too! :sun: I don't drop that kind of money easily on anything that doesn't sparkle… so I really had to make sure :wacko: That budget would've gotten me something NICE and sparkly!! lol!!! Who needs beds when you can have diamonds? Is there such thing as Pricescope-itis?

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
BeeCushion|1362689639|3399331 said:
You guys are probably sick of my updates, hahaha, but I HAD to share this since I JUST got this....

I have alerts set up on our CC's and bank accounts etc for when a transaction exceeds a certain amount. WELL....I just got an alert that a transaction has gone through at our jeweler :-o

I'm kind of annoyed at myself for ruining the surprise....but this means SO picked the ring up yesterday or today and paid for the work on the setting.....eeeeek!

EEK!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

lin_ny

Brilliant_Rock
BeeCushion|1362689639|3399331 said:

OMFG!@!! This is a huge deal! :appl: :appl: :appl:

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
madelise|1362693094|3399385 said:
LOL!!
I'm so glad I gave ya'll a laugh this morning. My friends CANNOT figure me out. *I* can't figure me out! HAHA.

MBKRH|1362661721|3398888 said:

HAHAHA! Doesn't a set of squeaky wheels TOTALLY set the romantic mood? :lol: :lol: Sometimes, afterwards, I compare how far we've drifted away from the wall to the previous time. It's almost a competition now. Our apartment had carpet so it wasn't as bad, but now my room is hardwood floor! It's like a roller coaster :bigsmile: :naughty: :lol:

As for the credit card thing, can you get it under *your* name instead of his? I'd wait for him to pay off the car first, still, though, but at least you wouldn't have to wait super duper long for him to first save up all of the $$ for the ring? What about non-ACA stones?

Oh, definitely! And we used to compare how far we rolled away, too! :lol: :lol:
No can do getting a card under my name, because my cards are all pretty near maxed out. I won't be able to get another card for a long time. I could probably be flexible with a non-ACA stone. Guess I'll have to start researching again.

Bee, that is SUPER exciting news!!!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
EEEEE Bee that is so excitin!!!! Do you think he will hold onto it for a while or will he try to propose at a special time??

omg madelise and H I am *dying* at your mattress stories!!! Too funny. My bed the last few years at my apartment was on wheels, and my floor was hardwood...unfortunately I think there are enough noises being made during :naughty: that it was just too distracting (lived with 2 other girls lol...thus we were over at his apartment like 99% of the time)! I bought a memory foam pillow and it is glorious. I can't wait for the day when I can get a whole memory foam bed!!! Or at the very least, a topper.

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
Chewbacca|1362691300|3399352 said:
MBKRH - Well I guess there goes that idea! How attached is he to the 1ct thing? SO felt/feels the same way, but once he learnt more was more open-ish other ideas! You might be able to find a similar/same setting to the one you love for a deal on eBay?

I honestly don't know. He's just mentioned how he wants me to have at least a carat. He doesn't know much about diamonds, and isn't eager to learn (I can't blame him).

As I mentioned a few posts up, I think it's time to do more research.

lktx

Shiny_Rock
SO is coming to see me this weekend SQUEEEEE! Haven't seen him in a while!

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock
Chewbacca|1362691300|3399352 said:
LoveLikeCrazy - I forget, when is Ring Time happening again?

2013....and it better be the first half...lol!!! He *finally* bought his Rolex which was the watch he was saving for shortly after we started dating. He sold one of his other expensive watches to pay for roughly 50% of the new one...

Now gimme the bling!!!!

We already have a month, year, destination, wedding bands, pretty much everything decided on...but can't do anything without the bling!!! :love:

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
MBKRH - good luck! I'm looking forward to seeing the fruits of your research. ::)

lktx - I hope you had/are having a lovely weekend!

LLC - Alright, I'm SO ON BOARD! :appl:

maple2012

Shiny_Rock
Hi Ladies!!! SO finally did his taxes today and we finally found out how much he's getting back. Due to refinancing the house earlier this year, the refund was much lower than the past year. So together with his savings he now has 8k saved for my ring... but it's still about 5k from the price of the carat size/color/clarity I want. Drats ;( Looks like this is going to take longer than I had hoped. I'm not sure if he'd consider financing the rest via a no interest 12 month plan... we'll see. We might talk about it more tomorrow when he has the day off from work and we actually have time to discuss everything.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results