shape
carat
color
clarity

Updates, anyone?

SMC

Ideal_Rock
lin_ny|1365440182|3422642 said:
I'm so jealous! If the ring was in my house 1) I wouldn't know it, and 2) He wouldn't let me near it even if I did know it! :knockout:

I noticed that you're getting your pretty OEC set in a rose gold bezel! Has he gotten the ball rolling on that yet? I love RG but my bf hates it. I still love to drool over other people's RG rings though, so I can't wait until you get engaged and we can all see!

wakingdreams53

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats on getting into grad school Madelise!!!! I'm so happy for you!

So this isn't particularly an update, just hilarity. Finally I let go of the situation, waiting shmaiting, I'm super young, an undergrad, and in zero rush at all. I have an amazing guy who adores me and that's more than enough.
So then I turn on the TV, Boy Meets World is on-- Cory and Topanga get married.
I change the channel to Friends-- Chandler and Monica get engaged...

Thanks universe. :lol: Just wanted to share haha

lin_ny

Brilliant_Rock
sortmon|1365445026|3422677 said:
lin_ny|1365440182|3422642 said:
I'm so jealous! If the ring was in my house 1) I wouldn't know it, and 2) He wouldn't let me near it even if I did know it! :knockout:

I noticed that you're getting your pretty OEC set in a rose gold bezel! Has he gotten the ball rolling on that yet? I love RG but my bf hates it. I still love to drool over other people's RG rings though, so I can't wait until you get engaged and we can all see!
Good question. :blackeye:

I literally know nothing. hahaha. It sucks being in the dark.

And yes, RG. I am quite obsessed with the 18k RG ERD used in my inspiration ring... so it had to be that. Also I wasn't sure how WG or platinum would look with my old stone. I think the RG kinda goes with the antique-y-ness of it all! :bigsmile: Plus, you never see RG for e-rings (at least amongst my circle of friends/acquaintances), which is kinda cool too.

lin_ny

Brilliant_Rock
wakingdreams53|1365455209|3422784 said:
Congrats on getting into grad school Madelise!!!! I'm so happy for you!

So this isn't particularly an update, just hilarity. Finally I let go of the situation, waiting shmaiting, I'm super young, an undergrad, and in zero rush at all. I have an amazing guy who adores me and that's more than enough.
So then I turn on the TV, Boy Meets World is on-- Cory and Topanga get married.
I change the channel to Friends-- Chandler and Monica get engaged...

Thanks universe. :lol: Just wanted to share haha
Universe is against us all apparently.

It's been so quiet around here...

So ronery. :blackeye:

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
lin_ny - I am in a similar boat! I haven't spoken about engagement/married anything in what feels like an age (it all tailed off after SO's brother was married two weeks ago!). I was thinking about how absurd it is, both SO and I know whats going on, but neither of us have said a word about it to each other!

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
I am so late to the party but... CONGRATULATIONS MADELISE! :appl: That is so exciting! I have been keeping up, just havent had a chance to update or reply...

Well things just got interesting in the antiquesparkler household. Last Monday I went and bought my grandparents some groceries and when I went there to drop them off, my grandpa (ex-detective/ police officer) started ‘interrogating’ me about when SO and I were getting married because he wanted to be there… blah blah blah… and then offered to pay for our wedding if we go to Vegas and get married. :shock: They love Vegas and we are due for a family trip there anyway… I sort of laughed about it and brushed it off because SO isn’t the type to want to do this and I am afraid him parents would be mad if they financially couldn’t come…

But then I told SO about it and he WANTS to do that and then have a BBQ a few weeks later to celebrate…. WHAT?!

This boy has never been to Vegas in his life but thinks it would be fun? :-o

I told him that I would not plan anything else until I have the ring but I am thinking that this could be a really fun idea plus it would save some money and my grandparents are so sweet to offer.

Have any of you ever contemplated Vegas?

SMC

Ideal_Rock
antiquesparkler|1365627510|3424261 said:
I am so late to the party but... CONGRATULATIONS MADELISE! :appl: That is so exciting! I have been keeping up, just havent had a chance to update or reply...

Well things just got interesting in the antiquesparkler household. Last Monday I went and bought my grandparents some groceries and when I went there to drop them off, my grandpa (ex-detective/ police officer) started ‘interrogating’ me about when SO and I were getting married because he wanted to be there… blah blah blah… and then offered to pay for our wedding if we go to Vegas and get married. :shock: They love Vegas and we are due for a family trip there anyway… I sort of laughed about it and brushed it off because SO isn’t the type to want to do this and I am afraid him parents would be mad if they financially couldn’t come…

But then I told SO about it and he WANTS to do that and then have a BBQ a few weeks later to celebrate…. WHAT?!

This boy has never been to Vegas in his life but thinks it would be fun? :-o

I told him that I would not plan anything else until I have the ring but I am thinking that this could be a really fun idea plus it would save some money and my grandparents are so sweet to offer.

Have any of you ever contemplated Vegas?

My boyfriend and I talk about it all the time! The only reason we're not doing it is because I really don't think my parents would want to attend a Vegas wedding (they are the old fashioned conservative type). I think that we will have a wedding with just family though. It's not going to be a fancy thing though.

Frankly, the event planning aspect of a wedding stresses me out. I have no desire to deal with cake or flowers or finding a white dress. Then there's the dieting thing. And hair. And makeup. And finding the perfect venue. And photographer. And invitations.

I've always joked about having a poolside BBQ wedding too! I think as relaxing as possible would be awesome.

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
I have not contemplated a Vegas wedding, but SO keeps telling me that he wants a courthouse wedding. I would be happy with a small wedding (not big on planning and all that, despite my many pins on my pinterest board and daydreaming) but there are definitely some aspects that I feel are just engrained into me as "I want this at my wedding" and many that I can do without. There are just so many things involved that I don't know where I would find the time for figuring out all the details with all the different vendors! I want it to be a relaxing day, just about us. But at the same time, I want it to be a beautiful day and be able to look back on it (with photos) so just need to find the happy medium.

Updates for me: still on the job search...hoping to get a good word with the district manager from my mentor this month. Trying to line up another interview with another company that would entail a lot of traveling, but hopefully it could lead to me eventually having a permanent location back in SO's hometown. Counting down the days til graduation and I am both anxious/stressed and anxious/excited! This month my rotation is mostly nights and longer hours during the day, and since I have larger blocks I am on rotation, I also have larger blocks I am not at rotation but I end up scheduled to work so that pretty much takes up all of my free time! There is not enough coffee in the world for me.

Also, sad note but one of my favorite coffee shops is closing a bunch of their stores, including the one my bffs and I used to frequent in high school to study/hang out!!! http://edition.cnn.com/2013/04/08/business/caribou-coffee-closings/index.html

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
I know, I was so sad to hear that Caribou was closing a bunch of stores! That is one of my fav places too. :(sad

princesss

Ideal_Rock
I GOT INTO GRAD SCHOOL.

Still haven't heard from my dream program, but I not only got into a school, I got a small scholarship AND it's in the same city as my BF.

Now the question is how the heck do I get any more work done today?

SMC

Ideal_Rock
princesss|1365699133|3424781 said:
I GOT INTO GRAD SCHOOL.

Still haven't heard from my dream program, but I not only got into a school, I got a small scholarship AND it's in the same city as my BF.

Yay, congratulations! That is awesome news! What are you going to grad school for?

princesss

Ideal_Rock
sortmon|1365701977|3424810 said:
I GOT INTO GRAD SCHOOL.

Yay, congratulations! That is awesome news! What are you going to grad school for?

I'm going for my masters in creative writing. (I get to say that now. "I'm going." Not, "I want to go," or "Hopefully." SO EXCITING)

SMC

Ideal_Rock
princesss|1365702683|3424820 said:
sortmon|1365701977|3424810 said:
I GOT INTO GRAD SCHOOL.

I'm going for my masters in creative writing. (I get to say that now. "I'm going." Not, "I want to go," or "Hopefully." SO EXCITING)

Argh, that's awesome. Do you want to be a writer? (I know this question sounds silly, but I imagine there are other jobs you can get from getting a masters in creative writing.)

wsucheerleader

Rough_Rock
I GOT INTO GRAD SCHOOL.

Congrats! it will be one of the best and hardest times in your life. grad school is a lifestyle embrace it!

maple2012

Shiny_Rock
Ladies..... he bought the ring. :bigsmile:

lin_ny

Brilliant_Rock
maple2012|1365729573|3425148 said:
ummm..... excuuuuuse me?!?! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Go on! Tell us everything!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
YAY CONGRATS PRINCESSS!!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: I'm so happy for you!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
lin_ny|1365731001|3425167 said:
maple2012|1365729573|3425148 said:
ummm..... excuuuuuse me?!?! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Go on! Tell us everything!

Agreed! We need details!

And thank you all! I'm so excited. (And yes, I really, desperately want to be a writer. But I also just want to be involved with the book creation process whether as an editor, an agent...whatever. I just want to bring really good books into the world.)

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations princesss!!! I am so happy for you, and I have my fingers crossed for your top choice too!

maple - need more!

maple2012

Shiny_Rock
Hi Ladies!

So last Saturday while relaxing and going through my ritual of ogling for diamonds on BGD, GOG, James Allen, etc.'s websites... I stumbled upon one on James Allen that really caught my interest and was under SO's proposed budget. I quickly made him aware of it, not expecting much as we were not going to buy until Summer. To my surprise, he liked it too and said it was okay if I put it on hold. On Thursday he wired transfered the money over to them and my ring ships next Wednesday!!!

I really wanted to keep the purchase as budget-friendly as possible knowing that he was purchasing it earlier than expected, so I gave up on the Vatche U113 setting and went with a James Allen knife edge setting. The total cost ended up being 2k under SO's budget for ring and setting.

The diamond is an eye clean SI2 where the flaws are very hard to spot according to the gemologist (based on their location and the type). It's cut grading is also AGS 0 Ideal which was very important for me.

Here's the Diamond: http://www.jamesallen.com/#!/loose-diamonds/round-cut/1.71-carat-i-color-si2-clarity-ideal-cut-sku-204279
Here's the Setting: http://www.jamesallen.com/#!/engagement-rings/solitaire/14k-white-gold-2.5mm-knife-edge-solitaire-engagement-ring-item-7214

This week DRAGGED. And it's going to DRAG even worse knowing it doesn't get shipped until Wednesday!!! I'm so very happy right now and hope I love it as much as I think I will, when I see it!

lin_ny

Brilliant_Rock
maple2012|1365817385|3425928 said:
Hi Ladies!

So last Saturday while relaxing and going through my ritual of ogling for diamonds on BGD, GOG, James Allen, etc.'s websites... I stumbled upon one on James Allen that really caught my interest and was under SO's proposed budget. I quickly made him aware of it, not expecting much as we were not going to buy until Summer. To my surprise, he liked it too and said it was okay if I put it on hold. On Thursday he wired transfered the money over to them and my ring ships next Wednesday!!!

I really wanted to keep the purchase as budget-friendly as possible knowing that he was purchasing it earlier than expected, so I gave up on the Vatche U113 setting and went with a James Allen knife edge setting. The total cost ended up being 2k under SO's budget for ring and setting.

The diamond is an eye clean SI2 where the flaws are very hard to spot according to the gemologist (based on their location and the type). It's cut grading is also AGS 0 Ideal which was very important for me.

Here's the Diamond: http://www.jamesallen.com/#!/loose-diamonds/round-cut/1.71-carat-i-color-si2-clarity-ideal-cut-sku-204279
Here's the Setting: http://www.jamesallen.com/#!/engagement-rings/solitaire/14k-white-gold-2.5mm-knife-edge-solitaire-engagement-ring-item-7214

This week DRAGGED. And it's going to DRAG even worse knowing it doesn't get shipped until Wednesday!!! I'm so very happy right now and hope I love it as much as I think I will, when I see it!
:appl:

What a stunner that's gonna be. Just classic and beautiful. You'll NEVER get tired of a knife edge. Love it.

Will he keep it from you until he proposes? It's pure torture let me tell you! :angryfire:

maple2012

Shiny_Rock
lin_ny|1365824716|3425999 said:
What a stunner that's gonna be. Just classic and beautiful. You'll NEVER get tired of a knife edge. Love it.

Will he keep it from you until he proposes? It's pure torture let me tell you! :angryfire:

YES! HE'S KEEPING IT IN HIS SAFE UNTIL HE PROPOSES!! And he said he's not going to let me take a peak until then. Ahhh!! ;(

SMC

Ideal_Rock
maple2012|1365827884|3426031 said:
lin_ny|1365824716|3425999 said:

YES! HE'S KEEPING IT IN HIS SAFE UNTIL HE PROPOSES!! And he said he's not going to let me take a peak until then. Ahhh!! ;(

I hope it won't be long! This is so exciting!

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
I've been lurking lately......... lots to update, in some ways. NO FLAMES, PLEASE!!! I'll try to tone it down.

- M bought a new car. Pre-owned, but new to us. I knew he needed one badly. He's happy, he loves it, and has been looking up crap to modify it. (He just recently got the windows tinted).

- My sister is having a baby. Due sometime late October, it's her first. Thank god, now I don't have to hear about "when are you going to have a baby" from people. (Even relatives/close friends, who KNOW I do not WANT kids, EVER).

I've been having thoughts about leaving the list. There's no point. M said "what if we just get a cheap ring for now, and upgrade later." Find and dandy, but #1 I can't wear cheap jewelry; I have a metal allergy (which is why I don't wear much jewelry to begin with), and #2..... define cheap. I've gone from his 6K budget, to 3K, and now that's still too much. I don't belong on PS. I'll prolly end up browsing friggin' B&M websites.

He won't go shopping with me; he has no interest in the e-ring; it's all on me. I always thought I'd have my guy with me, giving his opinion. M however, his one big fault I've discovered, is discussing e-rings is akin to talking about an STD. I love him and he loves me; he just stated that "I can't see spending x amount of dollars on a ring. I just don't have it."I get that, but isn't that the whole point of saving money? Even if it's only $5 a week..........

Deep down, I probably shouldn't have re-joined the list. I'm just torn right now.

Sorry for the negative post. Everyone else has such wonderful updates. My fingers are crossed for you all. <3

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think $3K is a healthy budget, and if used wisely, can get a ring better than average. My .7 pear in halo was only $1.6K, and I get compliments alllllllll the time.

But if you guys are struggling financially (what about that mattress, too? And car payments?) why is he getting mods and tints for his car?

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock
madelise|1365884829|3426351 said:

Great alternatives Madelise!!! :appl: :appl:

Congrats to Princesss for getting into grad school! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: Looks like we have a lot of smarties in here!!!

Another congrats to maple for getting a killer stone and coming in under budget! Thats mostly unheard of round here!! Can't wait to see it!

As for me, nothing much new. My pup is doing reasonably well for being terminally ill, i go to my parents to see her almost every day. My semester is ending soon and i'm super super busy so i will be lurking till then. I will have more time to be active after finals!!!

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
madelise|1365883579|3426340 said:
I think $3K is a healthy budget, and if used wisely, can get a ring better than average. My .7 pear in halo was only $1.6K, and I get compliments alllllllll the time.

But if you guys are struggling financially (what about that mattress, too? And car payments?) why is he getting mods and tints for his car?

Yeah, we still need a mattress. The car payments are actually $50 less per month than what he was paying on my car, which is nice.
As far as the tints.... my uncle owns his own business doin' stuff like that, so he only charged him $100. I don't really think he plans on doing anything else, but if he does, well, I'll probably snap.

Thank you for the alternatives, both are beautiful. :love:

cygnet

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
SORTMON

:wavey:

Hi! Are you free next Sunday???! On 4/21, YT, TooPatient and I will be having a mini-GTG in Bellevue. We're going out to dinner. Want to come?

SMC

Ideal_Rock
cygnet|1366060776|3427522 said:
SORTMON

:wavey:

Hi! Are you free next Sunday???! On 4/21, YT, TooPatient and I will be having a mini-GTG in Bellevue. We're going out to dinner. Want to come?

I might be free. Thanks for inviting me! Is this a girls-only thing or are you bringing your SOs?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results