shape
carat
color
clarity

Your Favorite Piece of 2009

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
After much deliberation, this is my favorite from this year.

STONE: Paraiba Tourmaline
WEIGHT: .39 Cts.
CUT: Round Brilliant
DIMENSIONS: 4.80 mm
ORIGIN: Brazil
COLOR: Slightly Bluish Neon Green
CLARITY: Very Good+ (Eye Clean)

paraiba_032-2.jpg

Not sure what it is about my yellow daylillies but they make almost all of my stones look a little blue but the paraiba went neon blue.

paraiba_039.jpg

I lightened the bottom picture up so a bit so the blue beam of light it was throwing off was more apparent.

paraiba_035.jpg

Everyone has had so many lovely projects this year!
36.gif

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/6/2009 3:24:11 PM
Author: MC
Wow, look at all the goodies you ladies have. . .

Arcadian - do you have a thread about the blue halo stone you have? Although I''m not much of a halo person, I love that one b/c it''s more understated!
1.gif

Yea I believe I do (its old though) its a blue sapphire that tends to colorshift to voilet
1.gif

-A

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/7/2009 9:27:00 AM
Author: cushioncutnut
SCN, Gailey, LTP........... what gorgeous pieces/stones........... What a great thread. Naturally, my 20th Anniversary Sapphire ring is my favorite 2009 piece!
*drools* I LUV your ring!!!!

-A

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 12/7/2009 10:43:22 AM
Author: brandy_z28

paraiba_032-2.jpg

Not sure what it is about my yellow daylillies but they make almost all of my stones look a little blue but the paraiba went neon blue.

paraiba_039.jpg

I lightened the bottom picture up so a bit so the blue beam of light it was throwing off was more apparent.

paraiba_035.jpg

36.gif
I always loved your pendant, but those shots are amazings! Would you mind submitting that glowy one to the Pricescope project?

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/7/2009 11:02:07 AM
Author: Lady_Disdain

Date: 12/7/2009 10:43:22 AM
Author: brandy_z28

paraiba_032-2.jpg

paraiba_039.jpg

paraiba_035.jpg

36.gif
I always loved your pendant, but those shots are amazings! Would you mind submitting that glowy one to the Pricescope project?
Thank you!! Sure, how would I go about doing that Lady_D?

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stepcutnut! That garnet looks divine!! You need to start a photo-heavy thread on that pronto
3.gif

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/5/2009 11:11:35 PM
Author: Burberrygirl
Date: 12/5/2009 4:34:11 PM

Author: glitterata

Date: 12/5/2009 11:37:41 AM

My favorite thing from this year is the emerald ring in my avatar picture. I''ve been really good this year! I only bought a yg bezel set citrine necklace, pair of rb BB amethysts, a silvery-white rb BB topaz, and a oval greenish-blue tourmaline. I''ve been waiting to post pictures until I get them set.

Burberry girl, can you post a bigger photo of that gorgeous emerald?
Thanks Glitterata, there''s another pic.

What fun to see everybody''s beauties! Burberrygirl, I ADORE your emerald. And your mom has pretty hands.

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/7/2009 12:50:51 PM
Author: MakingTheGrade
Stepcutnut! That garnet looks divine!! You need to start a photo-heavy thread on that pronto
3.gif
Thanks MTG! It is really a fabulous stone and so far has been terrible to try and take photos of!!! I will have to wait until my hubby brings the camera home to try for any others. I have also been trying to decide if I would like the stone set in WG or RG(definitely not YG).

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Since I won''t have my tanzanite until January, I guess I can safely say my favorite piece of 2009 is my tsavorite ring
9.gif

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/14/2009 1:21:00 PM
Author: MakingTheGrade
Since I won''t have my tanzanite until January, I guess I can safely say my favorite piece of 2009 is my tsavorite ring
9.gif

LOL! I love your tanzanite!!....but I do love your tsavorite too! You can''t go wrong either way!!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/7/2009 9:27:00 AM
Author: cushioncutnut
SCN, Gailey, LTP........... what gorgeous pieces/stones........... What a great thread. Naturally, my 20th Anniversary Sapphire ring is my favorite 2009 piece!
Mine, too, CCN!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Freakin'' love that ring!
31.gif

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
Love it!!!
36.gif

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Tricky choice for me - and the year is not over yet. But I think this one might turn out to have the edge. Can''t say for sure because technically it isn''t mine yet. I hope it will be tomorrow. It''s a 4.15 ct untreated Nigerian Rubellite. It has been beautifully facetted by Lisa Elser.

[/quote]

I really like the cut.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/5/2009 12:38:26 AM
Author: PrecisionGem
I suppose I could post my favorite project for 2009. Turns out to be my only one. This is a ring that was made by R.W. Wise Goldsmiths, using a sapphire I cut. The stone is around 3 cts, natural untreated sapphire from Umba Tanzania. The ring is 18ct gold and the workmanship on the ring is just fantastic, the gold has nicest polish I have seen. We prefer the more simple designs without diamonds, I think with a nice stone, and creative setting you don''t need a lot of frill around the stone.

The ring was an anniversary gift for my wife.
What a beautiful, absolutely beautiful ring. I agree, sometimes simple elegant setting works better than diamonds. In this case, it is also a good way to show your own wonderful stone. So far I have not worked with Richard Wise because his prices seemed somewhat high, but excellent designers work for him so he has the right to charge a premium for his work. Perhaps I should use his services as soon as I get a "worthy" stone.

This ring has "European" flair. (Hope it doesn''t sound offensive - I mean understated elegance, like a small black dress from Chanel).

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/5/2009 11:11:35 PM

Date: 12/5/2009 4:34:11 PM
Author: glitterata

Date: 12/5/2009 11:37:41 AM
My favorite thing from this year is the emerald ring in my avatar picture. I''ve been really good this year! I only bought a yg bezel set citrine necklace, pair of rb BB amethysts, a silvery-white rb BB topaz, and a oval greenish-blue tourmaline. I''ve been waiting to post pictures until I get them set.

Burberry girl, can you post a bigger photo of that gorgeous emerald?
Thanks Glitterata, there''s another pic.
Un-believably gorgeous Burberrygirl.

If there was a thread enquiring as to your favourite 2009 piece that belongs to someone else, your emerald ring would be in my top 5.

Petraay

Rough_Rock
This is real piece of 2009.

haagen_dazs

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/3/2009 11:42:53 PM
Author: pierreone
Everyone here has such amazing things! This year has been my first foray into colored stones, so I have very few things to pick from (hope to remedy this in 2010
1.gif
) My favorite is my 20th anniversary sapphire replacement e-ring by BGD.

pierreone.
could you share where did you buy your Pailin sapphire from? i dont think you mentioned it in your previous posts.
very beautiful blue.
thanks
=)

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Arcadian, a couple of pages back you have a pic of all the rings you made this year. They are all extremely pretty in their own way, especially since I think I''m going to go completely halo crazy very soon (I can feel it coming on!) The color that caught my eye is the chubby pear shaped ring on your pointer. Is it a Spess or a Citrine? I''d love to buy some Spessartites next year to wear during the Fall months.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Any new entries now that 2010 is only days away?

I know I know, it''s like trying to pick an only child!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gosh, everyone''s pieces are so lovely!! I love them all.
36.gif

MakingtheGrade, I have a last minute entry. I was originally going to go with my sapphire bracelet but I think these win out.........

cmssapphireearrings10.jpg

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/17/2009 4:18:39 PM
Author: gemgirl
Arcadian, a couple of pages back you have a pic of all the rings you made this year. They are all extremely pretty in their own way, especially since I think I''m going to go completely halo crazy very soon (I can feel it coming on!) The color that caught my eye is the chubby pear shaped ring on your pointer. Is it a Spess or a Citrine? I''d love to buy some Spessartites next year to wear during the Fall months.
I want to apologize as I just saw this!!

That pear is my first firegirl spess. These particular color spess are definitely my favorite, though there''s always a chance they can go really brown, so its like walking a fine line.

I think you''ll really like these particular colors since they can cost a little less than their more ideal counterparts.

-A

MAC-W

Brilliant_Rock

My favourite project of 2009 (cos it was my only project

9.gif
) has to be my coloured diamond ring.

I hope to have many more projects next year.

MACW_CD_06.JPG

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Because I can basically guarantee that my last project of 2009 will not arrive before 2009 is over, I hereby dub this as my Favorite Piece of 2009.

1.6ct, 7mm pure gray spinel from Barry Bridgestock
Secondhand 14kt tapered baguette setting
Silver nails courtesy Sephora by OPI, Social Climber

Silver nails and gray ering freke.jpg

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
My new favorite - ACS cushion aqua baguette ring
1.gif

PC210049.jpg

Largosmom

Brilliant_Rock
My favorite is also my first (and most important). My new wedding set, particularly the Engagement Ring, with a locally purchased setting and a color-change sapphire from Jeff White. I also have to say that the people on this site are quite responsible for the stone...I was looking for information online regarding purchasing a nice sapphire so that I had an idea of what was good and what it might cost and stumbled onto Pricescope. The education I received here not only allowed me to reject some local stones, but also to find a stone that makes my heart sing! I would never have known about color-changing sapphires and would never have found Jeff White had it not been for you all here, thanks so much! I also have a new-found hobby of collecting gemstones and the fun of working to design my own jewelry with talented goldsmiths.

Colorchangesapph721a.jpg

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeah, I have a new one - Pinky, my 1.40 ct. spinel.

original.aspx

original.aspx

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Everyone''s pieces are so pretty!

Sagebrush

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Lisa,

Wonderful bracelet, love the elegant clasp.

Best,

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/30/2009 3:41:45 PM
Author: Brown.Eyed.Girl
My new favorite - ACS cushion aqua baguette ring
1.gif

PC210049.jpg
I love this. Who took the pic? It''s stunning-- the ring and the pic.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results