shape
carat
color
clarity

Your Favorite Piece of 2009

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Now that the year is almost over, what''s your favorite new colored-stone acquisition this past year(piece of jewelery or loose gem)?

Only get to pick one! So think hard
3.gif
And pictures are welcome as always!

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Probably my Julia piece:

jstar-6659.jpg

jstar-6655.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
This has been an awesome year for getting some gorgeous colored gemstone jewelry. My Richard Homer amethyst briolette pendant/earring set designed by T Lee, and my Barry Bridgestock star rose quartz ring set by etsy artist JanishJewels are definitely in the running. But, honestly, more often than not, I reach for my MastercutGems Morganite pear pendant set in a Stuller setting by my local jeweler. The stone has a pleasant and flattering color that goes great with my skin and clothing, the shape is elegant and pleasing, the cut reflects back at the world in a way that generates many compliments, and the pendant is a simple, everyday style that I can wear for just about any occasion. This was a home run piece for me during 2009.

MorganitePendant7888a.JPG

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/3/2009 10:02:27 PM
Author: Fly Girl
This has been an awesome year for getting some gorgeous colored gemstone jewelry. My Richard Homer amethyst briolette pendant/earring set designed by T Lee, and my Barry Bridgestock star rose quartz ring set by etsy artist JanishJewels are definitely in the running. But, honestly, more often than not, I reach for my MastercutGems Morganite pear pendant set in a Stuller setting by my local jeweler. The stone has a pleasant and flattering color that goes great with my skin and clothing, the shape is elegant and pleasing, the cut reflects back at the world in a way that generates many compliments, and the pendant is a simple, everyday style that I can wear for just about any occasion. This was a home run piece for me during 2009.
Here''s a neck shot.

MorganiteNeck7805.JPG

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hm mmm.. I really don''t know? I like all of them???
9.gif

P1000877120309.jpg

Ok seriously, the one that has me the most jazzed isn''t even set (its in my avi) That particular stone is absolutely the most gorgeous one I own, but yet its the hardest to photograph
38.gif

-A

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/3/2009 10:06:20 PM

Here''s a neck shot.
Thats a great pendant. I told myself that next year I need to concentrate on those and earrings.

-A

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
The Puppy Mill Silent Auction Spinel I won from Gene in honor of my late Mom. This is a very special gemstone and I will do something amazing with it next year.
12.gif

Lori

GENEMAHENGESPINELMOM.jpg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can''t wait to see what you do with that spinel Lori!!!

I''m still trying to pick my favorite...lol.

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
I know what you mean!!!! There were lots to choose from, but this one was the ONE!

Lori

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I had a busy year this year, but I think this was my favourite of this year. My Scapolite.

I still have a JKT setting coming for my Grossular Asscher, and I have 2 settings on the way for stones I already own, but until that grossular gets here, I think this is the one that I treasure the most.
30.gif

original.aspx

original.aspx

lelser

Shiny_Rock
Trade
It sometimes stinks to be me. I''ve got all these stones around the house, but short of crazy-gluing them to my person, no way to wear them. This year I finally had some jewellery made for me!

This is the bracelet I had made from 2 of my stones. Kristen Jones in Vancouver designed and made the bracelet, and it''s just wonderful. BIG, but not too heavy and I feel like Wonder Woman when I wear it.

The stones are an Afghani Tourmaline and a Tanzanian Spinel both cut by me.

Tour-J-Bracelet-0002-Kristen_thumb.jpg

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/3/2009 11:07:28 PM
Author: lelser
It sometimes stinks to be me. I''ve got all these stones around the house, but short of crazy-gluing them to my person, no way to wear them. This year I finally had some jewellery made for me!

This is the bracelet I had made from 2 of my stones. Kristen Jones in Vancouver designed and made the bracelet, and it''s just wonderful. BIG, but not too heavy and I feel like Wonder Woman when I wear it.

The stones are an Afghani Tourmaline and a Tanzanian Spinel both cut by me.
Oh wow
30.gif
Thats awesome!!

-A

pierreone

Shiny_Rock
Everyone here has such amazing things! This year has been my first foray into colored stones, so I have very few things to pick from (hope to remedy this in 2010
1.gif
) My favorite is my 20th anniversary sapphire replacement e-ring by BGD.

p1_sapph_hand_hibiscus.jpg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love that sapphire Pierreone! And look forward to seeing more of you in the Colored Stone forums!

LTP, are you expecting to get your jkt piece back soon?

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/3/2009 10:19:11 PM
Author: loriken214
The Puppy Mill Silent Auction Spinel I won from Gene in honor of my late Mom. This is a very special gemstone and I will do something amazing with it next year.
12.gif

Lori
I''m so glad you got that stone Lori.

Tricky choice for me - and the year is not over yet. But I think this one might turn out to have the edge. Can''t say for sure because technically it isn''t mine yet. I hope it will be tomorrow. It''s a 4.15 ct untreated Nigerian Rubellite. It has been beautifully facetted by Lisa Elser.

Lisa Elser Rubellite.jpg

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow Gailey! Thats some stone!!
23.gif

-A

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gailey, that''s a gorgeous stone. I hope you take pics of it.

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/4/2009 12:02:29 AM
Author: Gailey

Date: 12/3/2009 10:19:11 PM
Author: loriken214
12.gif

Lori
I''m so glad you got that stone Lori.

Tricky choice for me - and the year is not over yet. But I think this one might turn out to have the edge. Can''t say for sure because technically it isn''t mine yet. I hope it will be tomorrow. It''s a 4.15 ct untreated Nigerian Rubellite. It has been beautifully facetted by Lisa Elser.

Gailey, that stone is gorgeous!! I love how rich the color is and the facets are lovely! Please do take alot of pictures...

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Thank you ladies.

Mochi, if Lisa was in the US, I''d have had her send the stone to you first. Your photos are way better than mine. Been scouring through your all of your pictures tonight to find shots for the PS book.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
I like all of my loose stones so I won't choose between them.
9.gif

Here's my favourite ring, set with a 8.5mm Malaya garnet cut by Barry Bridgestock, 11 transitional cut diamonds and ring design and made by Pmgart (Etsy seller).

il_430xN_98965602.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Up for debate. I''ll have to chime in at a later date...

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Great thread, and a difficult question. I''ll have to think about it.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awesome rubellite, Gailey.

It’s going to be a difficult choice for me because I’ve been unusually busy with gemstones this year: 1 tsavorite, 2 cobalts, set my JW spessartite and the new Mahenge that WF is setting.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Hrm, the year isn''t over yet and I still have 2 projects in the works but so far the front runner is my diamond/sapphire eternity band.

kiz-diamyogoring2.jpg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mmmm.. that is such a lovely band Kismet! I can see why it''s the front runner!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/3/2009 10:06:20 PM

Here''s a neck shot.
Fly Girl, that pendant catches my eye everytime I see it. Everything you said is true - it''s elegant and looks terrific with your skintone. Just beautiful!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
2009 isn''t over yet, and I have about 5 more things in the works that''ll be done by the New Year, so I''ll be back later!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/4/2009 7:26:35 PM
Author: Brown.Eyed.Girl
2009 isn''t over yet, and I have about 5 more things in the works that''ll be done by the New Year, so I''ll be back later!
6.gif
- wow, can''t wait to see them all!

Liane

Brilliant_Rock
I thought about this question for a while and I can''t pick an answer, so instead I''ll just admire all the other lovely things posted in this thread.
2.gif

...but I guess if you held my feet to the fire, I''d pick the emerald that I helped my dad buy for my mom, just because it''s so different from any colored stone I own. All my other stones are sparklers; the emerald has that subdued, ethereal glow. It''s prodded me into getting emerald sidestones for my e-ring reset project, even though I know how much trouble I''m courting by putting emeralds in a ring. But I can''t help it! Once I saw a really fine emerald vs. the maul-store ones that look like spit-out mouthwash, bam! that was it for me.
14.gif

(and yes, I know how lame it is that I don''t have pics. Best I can say is I''ll post pics of my own when I get them.)

klewis

Brilliant_Rock
Gailey that stone that looks amazing

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results