shape
carat
color
clarity

Your Favorite Piece of 2009

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
So many beauties!!

Arcadian, what is the ring on the knuckle of your middle finger, the gorgeous orange one?

I see I bought my Edwardian demantoid ring late last December. Does my Infinity I1 S count as a colored stone?

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
I think, at least until the last of my stuff is done, my favorite piece is a tie between my ACS blue spinel ring and my ACS blue tourmaline ring. Top in this pic is the spinel, and in the middle is my blue tourm (both solitaires).

PB300010.jpg

PrecisionGem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I suppose I could post my favorite project for 2009. Turns out to be my only one. This is a ring that was made by R.W. Wise Goldsmiths, using a sapphire I cut. The stone is around 3 cts, natural untreated sapphire from Umba Tanzania. The ring is 18ct gold and the workmanship on the ring is just fantastic, the gold has nicest polish I have seen. We prefer the more simple designs without diamonds, I think with a nice stone, and creative setting you don''t need a lot of frill around the stone.

The ring was an anniversary gift for my wife.

Ring158445.jpg

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
oops i had posted in the wrong thread earlier on! Anyway this is my favourite of 2009. star-sapphire

Photo0664.jpg

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 12/5/2009 12:38:26 AM
Author: PrecisionGem
I suppose I could post my favorite project for 2009. Turns out to be my only one. This is a ring that was made by R.W. Wise Goldsmiths, using a sapphire I cut. The stone is around 3 cts, natural untreated sapphire from Umba Tanzania. The ring is 18ct gold and the workmanship on the ring is just fantastic, the gold has nicest polish I have seen. We prefer the more simple designs without diamonds, I think with a nice stone, and creative setting you don''t need a lot of frill around the stone.

The ring was an anniversary gift for my wife.
Gene - that is beautiful! I love the sapphire and I agree with you on design.

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
My favorite thing from this year is the emerald ring in my avatar picture. I''ve been really good this year! I only bought a yg bezel set citrine necklace, pair of rb BB amethysts, a silvery-white rb BB topaz, and a oval greenish-blue tourmaline. I''ve been waiting to post pictures until I get them set.

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
I love this, Chic Tomato! Is this the ebay one you recently won? Wow, you set it quickly!

ETA: Oops, I forgot to hit the quote button. I was referring to CT's star sapphire.

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/5/2009 6:11:21 AM
Author: chictomato
oops i had posted in the wrong thread earlier on! Anyway this is my favourite of 2009. star-sapphire
I adore that ring!! I love star-sapphire to begin with and middle ring fingers in particular....and the setting is lovely!! It''s going into my inspiration folder.
30.gif

Christiana

Shiny_Rock
This year''s favorite?
20.gif
Ok, I guess that would be my 18ct gold ring with a 3,20ct blue topaz
1.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Either I''ve not be a good coloured stoner or this is the first I''m seeing Gene''s newly set Umba. I know it''s been in the works for many weeks. A lovely ring!

CT,
Wow, that setting really suits your new star sapphire.

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/5/2009 11:37:41 AM
Author: Burberrygirl
My favorite thing from this year is the emerald ring in my avatar picture. I''ve been really good this year! I only bought a yg bezel set citrine necklace, pair of rb BB amethysts, a silvery-white rb BB topaz, and a oval greenish-blue tourmaline. I''ve been waiting to post pictures until I get them set.

Burberry girl, can you post a bigger photo of that gorgeous emerald?

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just two from me this year, and I adore them both! My pink tourmaline cut by Barry and set by my local jeweller, and my brownish-pink cushion tourmaline cut by Dan Stair and set in a LOGR setting. I really really love the ring! That would be my fav out of the two.

Coloured2009 004.jpg

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can never capture the true dusty pink colour of the cushion, it always looks SO brown.

BLECH, really should have cleaned the round tourm before the photo shoot! Sorry
3.gif

And do excuse the finger pudge, it's really hot here today!! Yay for summer!
9.gif
9.gif

Coloured2009 005.jpg

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 12/5/2009 1:54:26 PM
Author: miraclesrule
Date: 12/5/2009 6:11:21 AM

Author: chictomato

I adore that ring!! I love star-sapphire to begin with and middle ring fingers in particular....and the setting is lovely!! It''s going into my inspiration folder.
30.gif

Hi glitterata and miraclesrule tks! Yes I found it on ebay and get it appraise:) ya I didn''t know that I like star-sapphire until I saw this one:)

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the best of 2009 pieces!!

I''m waiting to see Sally''s work with my tanzanite before I make a call, it should be done in the next week or two. It''ll be my final project of 2009 probably unless I can get my tourmaline set while I''m in China.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m such a reject, I just remembered my LOGR was set late 2008. Ah well, just the necklace for this year then!!
9.gif

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 12/5/2009 4:19:27 PM
Author: Chrono
Either I''ve not be a good coloured stoner or this is the first I''m seeing Gene''s newly set Umba. I know it''s been in the works for many weeks. A lovely ring!

CT,

Wow, that setting really suits your new star sapphire.

Hi Chrono tks! Was just looking thru all these beauties when I realized that I had miss you out:) Yap I gotta get it custom-made due to the size and nature of the cab. I really likes it alot:) tks to all PSer and your always helpful advises. If it weren''t for you and Micheal E, I will probably not notice that this star has ''potential'' and therefore get it appraise:)

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/5/2009 4:34:11 PM
Author: glitterata

Thanks Glitterata, there''s another pic.

Myemeralddiamondring2.jpg

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/5/2009 11:11:35 PM

Date: 12/5/2009 4:34:11 PM
Author: glitterata

Thanks Glitterata, there''s another pic.
There''s a hand shot. My mom was nice enough to model my ring, I''m horrible at taking pics of my own hand!

handshot2555555.jpg

IrisAccents

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/3/2009 10:08:32 PM
Author: Arcadian
Hm mmm.. I really don''t know? I like all of them???
9.gif
Arcadian, you crack me up!

Mine is most certainly my purple sapphire engagement ring!

purplehalo1-kp04101A.jpg

mochi

Ideal_Rock
I''m loving all the eye candy!! Beautiful pieces, everyone!!

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, everyone had such great pieces this year.

I only had one project this year and it wasn''t even really mine. This was a project that my DH did for my birthday. Man, he''s good
9.gif
I never even got around to taking my own pictures, so here are Sally''s.

lotus03112.JPG

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
ooh la la! I love your ring Kunzite!

I guess I''m kind of lame b/c I really only got one CS project finished, and that was my star ruby in a lotus from Heart of Water. We were hoping to finish my sapphire wedding set, but, car trouble and a sudden increase in tuition happened and we had to start back at square one
39.gif

I have no good pictures because my apartment hates gemstones and makes them look bad
38.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, look at all the goodies you ladies have. . .

Arcadian - do you have a thread about the blue halo stone you have? Although I''m not much of a halo person, I love that one b/c it''s more understated!
1.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lauren, your collection is extraordinary!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I enjoyed all of your photos.

For liking colored gems more than diamonds it looks like most of my purchases this year were diamonds. My favorite colored stone purchase would have to be my EC garnet bracelet.

ecgarnbrac.gif

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
I love to see everyones favorite pieces-lovely! It is really tough to choose, I really have a couple of choices-but will just post one...

I think this is my favorite piece of 2009, it is a 2.31ct Green Grossular and I am planning on having it set between a pair of step cut trills. I love it because of all the orange flashes that come off it and how bright it is :)

Green Pear Grossular.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Burberry,
That's an awesome emerald! Thanks for the pictures.

Everyone's had a good year. No wonder we are all having a difficult time trying to choose a favourite piece.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
SCN, Gailey, LTP........... what gorgeous pieces/stones........... What a great thread. Naturally, my 20th Anniversary Sapphire ring is my favorite 2009 piece!

2009favorite20th.jpg

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
CCN-thanks, I really need to get some other photos of the stone, it doesn't have the extinction IRL like the photo-just super bright and a medium minty green :)

I love love love your sapphire ring-so gorgeous!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results