shape
carat
color
clarity

Would you attend a wedding at this time?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
One of my best friends invited me to her son’s wedding October 6..I knew about the date a long time ago. At the time I thought it would be okay to go since I’m fully vaccinated. Since that time Delta has been spreading everywhere. I’m now concerned about attending. My last vaccination was on March 11. I will be over the six month period of relative safety. I already responded that I would go…My friends don’t worry as much as I do about getting Covid. They all received their vaccines earlier so will have the booster before the wedding…..I won’t be due for mine until November…Would you attend?

musicloveranthony

Brilliant_Rock
Is it indoor or outdoor? I'd attend if it were outdoor. If it were indoor, I'd be tentative. I'd attend if I was confident everyone there was vaccinated and if masks were worn by all parties. If not, I wouldn't

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would be hesitant, too.
I went to an outdoor, but covered concert about a week ago. I didn't last long, it was too close and DH and moved to the lawn area, where we could be spread out a bit. That may be very hard to do at a wedding.
I don't envy you having to make this decision.
I know this is your dear friend's son, but if you are going to be uncomfortable, would your friend understand your not attending, or maybe just attending the ceremony?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
They won’t be wearing masks..It’s indoors..Supposedly everyone is fully vaccinated.

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I attended a wedding on the East coast last week. There were about 75 people there and all had to be vaccinated. They only invited close friends and family, so they knew vaccination status. It was outdoors. Bridal party had to test negative before traveling and being allowed to stay at the venue. They were super cautious. The day after the wedding, one of the groomsmen got tested because his roommate back home was positive. He tested positive, as did everyone who drove in his car to the wedding.

Testing is only good for that moment in time when you're tested, and you have to have a sufficient viral load at that moment. It's better than nothing, but gives people a false sense of security.

ETA: We tested after coming home. The only people who were positive were the four in his car, and they had mild symptoms, thankfully.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would be wearing a mask if I were to go. It would not matter indoors or out. If they were not OK with a mask, I would not be going.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just went to a memorial last weekend. Everyone was vaccinated, and masks had to be worn when inside (it was indoor for part, and outdoor for part). All doors were open for ventilation. So between the vax requirement and masks inside I was ok with it. But I also sat next to immediate family as close to the open door as possible.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have two weddings this fall too, in NY! Not sure how or if they will be held, but these are important family/friends so I think we have to go… a difficult decision for sure!!
@MamaBee I think we can get the booster 8 mos after our first one, so October, we have the same dates :lol: Maybe you can sneak it in a week prior?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They won’t be wearing masks..It’s indoors..Supposedly everyone is fully vaccinated.

No. I’m sorry Joanne. I wouldn’t go to an indoor wedding right now.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have two weddings this fall too, in NY! Not sure how or if they will be held, but these are important family/friends so I think we have to go… a difficult decision for sure!!
@MamaBee I think we can get the booster 8 mos after our first one, so October, we have the same dates :lol: Maybe you can sneak it in a week prior?

It would be eight months in November..My last one was March 11..:wink2:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

This is a tough one. Doubtful.

Can you send her a pair of diamond studs, in lieu? She might understand. :lol: :saint: JK

cheers--Sharon

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It would be eight months in November..My last one was March 11..:wink2:

I thought it could be timed after the first one? And wait…I went back to my calendar and our texts and we got the second one February 11th. So then, October should be fine for the booster. Check your records to make sure I’m correct.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That would be a no for me.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, I would not go. If someone offered me $1M to go to an outdoor, vaccinated only, masked wedding for a sibling, my answer would still be no.
I'll attend for $100K on your behalf. you can keep the extra $900K.

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
DH and I are supposed to go to a wedding in upstate NY in mid-September. I'm very much on the fence, as I don't know if the festivities will be indoors or out, and I also have no way of knowing if everyone will be vaccinated. I didn't want to go in the first place, but they are family friends of DH.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

Oh dear
Id be happier with masks
If it were me i wouldn't go
As we all know people still catch it and get sick and can transmit it if they are vacinated

Hopefully your freind will understand
but your first priority must be to the health and safety of the people you live with
Id send a card and an appropriate present
Perhaps a little something for your freind too as its a big day for her too

Perhaps at some latter date you can hoast a fancy dinner for your freind and the newlyweds

in nornal times people do miss important gatherings for all sorts of reasons, you have a really good reaaon for not going
Do not in any way allow yourself or anyone else to make yourself feel quilty if you deside to miss this wedding

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I thought it could be timed after the first one? And wait…I went back to my calendar and our texts and we got the second one February 11th. So then, October should be fine for the booster. Check your records to make sure I’m correct.

My second one was March 11.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you so much everyone..I decided not to go because of your feedback. I don’t know how I’m going to do this but I’ll have to call my friend. I may lose a friendship over this..:cry2:

737liz

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am flying from Europe to the states for my friend's wedding mid October. I would prefer not to attend, but for this friend, I would walk through fire naked. She has requested that all attendees be vaccinated, and will probably request masks as well. I used my extra bridesmaid dress fabric for masks, and will be double masking.

So I guess my answer is yes, only if my presence was vitally important to the bride or groom. In your situation, a generous present and an invitation to your friend for a get together 3 weeks after the wedding so she can tell you all about it would be my choice. She will love the chance to relive it by telling you all about it. And to avoid hurt feelings, you can phrase it as a 'I would not want to be responsible for infecting people' instead of 'I don't want to become infected'.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh yes!! 2/11 and 3/11. You could ask if a booster could be had early October but I see you’re going to decline.
I hope your friend is understanding ❤️

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hell no!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you so much everyone..I decided not to go because of your feedback. I don’t know how I’m going to do this but I’ll have to call my friend. I may lose a friendship over this..:cry2:

Good luck

All might just all be ok
if it isnt initially give them time

Better a freindship you can mend in this life rather than, worse case death from covid

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is the wedding local? I'm invited to a indoor wedding next month. I am thinking that if I am back in town, I might go to the ceremony where I can be masked but not stay for the reception.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results