shape
carat
color
clarity

William and Kate and Diana's Ring

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
Here are some of the copies that will be appearing of this ring now that Kate is wearing it! The first is a modern copy, the second is avon copy made in about 1981....and the last is from Diana's time of marriage as well...

imnnages.jpg

lady_diana_ring_icon.jpg

70299_widenative-408x264.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
Very cute photo on the engagement day which began this story!

princess-diana-ring.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
Some variations on the Diana's style ring from Edward's time.....:) the one with an opal is very unique

1239820971_Antique_Opal_and_Diamond_Ring_Main_View30-1-445.jpg

antique-ring-sapphire-pearl.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
These two Georgian or Edwardian engagement rings are so cute! I think an antique e ring is very cool

3666004213_799b813fd1_o.jpg

georgian-ring.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
Alright, so, I suppose this one will always remain a mystery...but the question remains for some, with kate wearing Diana's ring, if Diana were still here, would she be wearing this one? No one can really say....we may never know.

jugjh.jpg

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Harriet|1290482631|2776130 said:
Danny, maybe the mystery is part of the romance?

Harriet, maybe so. :))

The truth is most people probably believe what they read, "18 cts" and "sapphire" and don't think any more about it.

We at PS, though, want to know everything because, well, this is what we love. :saint:

Best,

Danny

RissaLou

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
First of all to Sithathoriunet, I LOVE this thread, thank you so much for all of the wonderful informative history, and AMAZING photos, I didn't even know there was that special on Diana's jewels I loved watching the whole special on YouTube, among EVERYTHING else you have posted. Now that I have finally completed reading this whole thread, does anybody else feel like debating what sapphires are best and who is correct about this topic or that topic, is a bit like debating about politics or religion?? I feel as though maybe there is more than one answer to a question and sometimes we have to agree to disagree about some topics. That thought just crossed my mind and I felt like sharing. Know though, that I am definetly NOT an expert on anything, except maybe where to find a good deal on jewelry :wink2: So I may not be one to share an opinion. I just think that we all here have the common intrest/love for gems and maybe we all get a bit too passionate about them occationally :cheeky:
Again much love to Sithathoriunet for this thread and for sharing her love for Diana as so many of us do, and congrats for the happy couple :appl:

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi RissaLou,
It is precisely because I love gems that I addressed the factual errors that were made about gemmological theory.

RissaLou

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Harriet|1290908041|2780672 said:
Hi RissaLou,
It is precisely because I love gems that I addressed the factual errors that were made about gemmological theory.

Dear Harriet, Your actions in making sure the facts are presented clearly and accurately is very admirable, and to my understanding the foundation of Pricescope in general. I was not speaking to any one person in particular, and I apologize if I upset or offended you with what I said. I have a peace keeping personality and confrontation makes me uncomfortable, it just seemed as though there was a good deal of disagreeing going on and I was just trying to neutralize the situation and move forward.
As a side note I apologize for hijacking this thread momentarily, my only real intention was sharing my joy in such a wonderful thread. I'm so excited for this royal engagement. :))

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi RissaLou,
No worries. :)

RissaLou

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
RissaLou|1290885010|2780456 said:
First of all to Sithathoriunet, I LOVE this thread, thank you so much for all of the wonderful informative history, and AMAZING photos, I didn't even know there was that special on Diana's jewels I loved watching the whole special on YouTube, among EVERYTHING else you have posted. Now that I have finally completed reading this whole thread, does anybody else feel like debating what sapphires are best and who is correct about this topic or that topic, is a bit like debating about politics or religion?? I feel as though maybe there is more than one answer to a question and sometimes we have to agree to disagree about some topics. That thought just crossed my mind and I felt like sharing. Know though, that I am definetly NOT an expert on anything, except maybe where to find a good deal on jewelry :wink2: So I may not be one to share an opinion. I just think that we all here have the common intrest/love for gems and maybe we all get a bit too passionate about them occationally :cheeky:
Again much love to Sithathoriunet for this thread and for sharing her love for Diana as so many of us do, and congrats for the happy couple :appl:
Hi RissaLou!
and thank you! You are of course very welcome! I am enjoying making this thread and it makes me very happy to see that there are people who are enjoying it as well!:) I will of course continue to post as many photos as i can find for us all! And yes, that special on Diana's jewels was very good! I loved it myself! They did a great job! Feel free to discuss anything you like about sapphires, they are one of my favorite gems! This was why hubby and I went with a sapphire for my e ring.:) I suppose that it may in fact be kind of like discussing politics or what have you as sometimes you may post info that is well documented and accepted commonplace knowledge only to find that some people disagree..and that is fine....Of course they may feel they are correct, and there may and often are more then one answer and a lot of the time, it has to do with personal taste and preference. So, weather you are an expert or just a lover of gems, please feel welcome to share! I would love to have everyone feel they can voice their thoughts and views without feeling uncomfortable.
You know with gems, and pricing and such, it really has a lot to do with locality in the world...a good example is with emeralds, a study found that Canadians prefer lighter, yellowish green stones over the blue-green gems considered more desirable in other parts of the world.:) So, really, taste is a factor.:)I myself Love Diana's ring, and when given the choice I would almost surly pick that colour sapphire over any other... But hey, that's just me!
What colour sapphires do you like best?
:)

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
Ok everyone! I found a whole bunch of copies of Diana's ring.....I even saw one made with an emerald! I put them all in a collage have alook and see if you like any of them!

d.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
In the pics, Kelly Fisher, a model that dated Dodi before and some say, during his relationship with Diana wears a ring Dodi gave to her, she says it was an engagement ring. It is also very Diana-like in it's style, and also a sapphire.

svFISHER_narrowweb__300x459,0.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
And some more copies.....

08305-3223.p00.jpg

b2c3c4d4-9b86-42b6-ad8d-b38b4bfbd63e.JPG

blue-sapphire-diana-diamonds-rings_1710_detail.jpg

Diana-ring-Replica.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
And more...

Dianas-ring.jpg

images.jpg

imasges.jpg

lady_diana_ring_icon.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
And a few more!!!! :lol:

princess-diana-ring.jpg

Ritani@2551_M_R3-HIOSRPSP_M.jpg

story098bcaba244b759a097cc58b6b139f2a.jpg

tumblr_lbzi16HZ9S1qbch75o1_500.jpg

RissaLou

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Sithathoriunet|1290993783|2781334 said:
And more...

The first pic. in this line up is my very own copy! :) I'll post pics. when I get home as I am at work right now. How funny you found this one! It is of course not genuine stones so I have never posted a picture before because of Pricescope's policies, which I totaly agree with. One day I hope to own my exact version of Diana's ring but with genuine stones and preferably in Platinum instead of silver. I really liked this one because the halo is made up of oval stones instead of round and the way it's set reminds me more of a flower shape, which I love. So maybe this answers your questions on which hue of sapphire I prefer, this shade of course :tongue:

Also, I am happy as well that others are enjoying your thread too so that you keep it coming! :appl:

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
RissaLou|1290995565|2781352 said:
Sithathoriunet|1290993783|2781334 said:
And more...

The first pic. in this line up is my very own copy! :) I'll post pics. when I get home as I am at work right now. How funny you found this one! It is of course not genuine stones so I have never posted a picture before because of Pricescope's policies, which I totaly agree with. One day I hope to own my exact version of Diana's ring but with genuine stones and preferably in Platinum instead of silver. I really liked this one because the halo is made up of oval stones instead of round and the way it's set reminds me more of a flower shape, which I love. So maybe this answers your questions on which hue of sapphire I prefer, this shade of course :tongue:

Also, I am happy as well that others are enjoying your thread too so that you keep it coming! :appl:
AHHHH! Yes! I know that ring very well, I had one as well!I dismanteled it to use the setting for another stone...wish i hadn't...but it was years ago LOL...do post your pics! If it is the one I had, then it is a special copy tribute to Diana's ring made by Avon, classic! And with a ceylon coloured center stone....:) I was in love with it when my Grandmother gave it to me when i was a little girl...I had always wished for a real one too! How wonderful to find kindred spirits here!!!!!! :appl: :wavey:

RissaLou

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
**Edited by moderator. Please remember that synthetics and lab created stones are not allowed on PS**

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
The gorgeous ring on our beautiful Diana on the day of the announcement of her wedding to Charles.

101117-diana-ring-vlrg-9a.grid-6x2.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
RissaLou|1291000851|2781441 said:
Here she is!... Just a reminder, this is a LAB CREATED blue sapphire surrounded by cz's, set in sterling silver. If anybody wants to make donations for me to create the real thing, I will not turn it down ;))
I purchased it two years ago before the renewed craze in buying replicas so I have already bonded with this ring sentimentally and love it very much so please only positive comments. Thank you =)
OH!!! This one!!! I do not have this one! Very pretty ring! how long have you had it?

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
And of course, Kate with Wills, may they both be very very happy!

imahge.png

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
Im loving this ring..a Diana tribute in style..but it's very unique as well..and my favorite colour of sapphire...:) yummy :D

462784122_ead7490fd3.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
A few more Diana like rings....

390550340_c35cf0c773.jpg

04464416000-1.jpg

alg_princess_ring.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
This little Diana like ring joins the group! The popularity now spotlighting this ring thanks to the engagement of William and Kate will surly generate more copies and give us plenty to choose from! Ladies pick your ring!!!!LOL :love:

Natural_Sapphire_Jewelry_Ring_Oval_Blue_J2461_4.jpg

Natural_Sapphire_Jewelry_Ring_Oval_Blue_J2461_2.jpg

RissaLou

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
LOVE IT!! So many variations, all so beautiful :love: So inspirational :praise:

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
RissaLou|1291000851|2781441 said:
Here she is!... Just a reminder, this is a LAB CREATED blue sapphire surrounded by cz's, set in sterling silver. If anybody wants to make donations for me to create the real thing, I will not turn it down ;))
I purchased it two years ago before the renewed craze in buying replicas so I have already bonded with this ring sentimentally and love it very much so please only positive comments. Thank you =)
This ring looks great on you! You are officially a sapphire girl! :naughty: maybe we should have a sapphire girl club....those who have a sapphire ring to show us, maybe your own Diana ring or your story of why you love sapphires, post it here and we can have a sapphire club! lol..everyone welcome! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
The first setting of my sapphire....

jhyu78s8.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
Which of course, now looks like this.... :wacko:

P1020352.JPG

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results