Brilliant_Rock
And an almost Diana style ring..:)

r2500i.jpg

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Sithathoriunet|1291171703|2783685 said:
RissaLou|1291162871|2783503 said:
Pandora|1291120973|2782599 said:
Looking at the photos of her with her kids it makes me so angry that as a woman who obviously adored her children instead of being with them and trying to provide some kind of normal life for them, she was running around with ghastly people like Dodi. Her sons really paid for that and I feel so bad for them.

I definitely think everybody is entitled to their own feelings. Me personally, I look at photos like that and it shows me how much she truly adored her children and she did seem to spend great deal of time with her boys. To my understanding most couples have date nights and sadly enough on one of those nights she was in a tragic car accident. Especially for a single mom to judged for dating is especially difficult. People look at you poorly for doing things for your own emotional well being. I'm sure her boys just wanted her to be happy, and thank goodness they were not all out together. But who are any of us to judge unless we spent time in her shoes, really to judge anybody without knowing them personally seems a little harsh. Again these are just my feelings, everybody is welcome to their own opinions.
RissaLou,
Yes, I'm with you. Dodi made Diana happy. Her boys still adore her, she obviously did something right! For, her sons to adore her, and to keep her in their lives to this day, it proves that she not only spent time with them, but she made them feel loved, and important and special to her. For such a woman to be more openly normal and loving with her boys was a break in royal tradition, as the queen's upbringing of her children was more traditional and emotions were not shown. Diana even got in trouble on countless occasions for breaking with her schedule to take time with her boys, or her friends. She was determined to have time to take the boys to school functions, to participate in them herself, to vacation with them, and to just hang out with them, and her staff faught her on that many many times, they wanted her to act more like the princess, and stick to her royal duties and schedule. But Diana would fight back, and change her schedule to make time for her boys. When William was beaned and had to go to the hospital for stitches and a concussion, Diana stayed with him in hospital, while Charles came by for a short visit en route somewhere else. Diana would not leave Wills' side. This was typical, as Diana was all for her boys, they were her 'only joy in life' as were her own words. And then there was Dodi.
Dodi was wonderful for her, and her boys, he brought her joy, something she desperately needed in her life. He was with her when she needed him. And that is wonderful.
The thing about Diana is that she hung out with people weather others approved or not, "ghastly people" like those with aids or leprocy, or gay people, all people who are just people like you and I, and were shunned for stupid reasons. Diana brought love to them, for she was a light that shone all around this world. And to call Dodi "ghastly" for whatever reason, is insulting, to Diana, and so to her sons. After all, one could easily throw that insult at someone else, currently married to Diana's ex husband. Diana's choice to love those others would not, and to touch others who many would not. She judged no one on race, religion nor status, she had a light she shared with everyone. God love her. Diana was Queen of Hearts. :saint: :saint: :saint: :saint: :saint: :saint: :saint: :saint: :saint: :saint: :saint: :saint: :saint: :saint:

Oh please, you talk like you knew her in person when all you have is what was in the gossip magazines.

Diana cared very little for Dodi (who was certainly no gentleman) and was just messing about while on the rebound from a relationship she cared very much about. And that information came from someone who was a close personal friend.

At what point did I ever describe people with illnesses or people who were shunned for physical, mental, racial, sexual reasons as ghastly? I use the term in reference to a man who was known as a complete playboy. Had Diana stayed with him (which she had no intention of doing) and god forbid married the man I can assure you that the British public would not be quite so adoring of her.

My opinion of Diana's choice of bed partner is not an insult to her sons, how totally ridiculous. Many people do call Camilla ghastly - that's up to them.

If you want to pray at the altar of Saint Diana that's fine but don't expect everyone else to worship...

RissaLou

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Pandora|1291204979|2783957 said:
Looking at the photos of her with her kids it makes me so angry that as a woman who obviously adored her children instead of being with them and trying to provide some kind of normal life for them, she was running around with ghastly people like Dodi. Her sons really paid for that and I feel so bad for them.

I definitely think everybody is entitled to their own feelings. Me personally, I look at photos like that and it shows me how much she truly adored her children and she did seem to spend great deal of time with her boys. To my understanding most couples have date nights and sadly enough on one of those nights she was in a tragic car accident. Especially for a single mom to judged for dating is especially difficult. People look at you poorly for doing things for your own emotional well being. I'm sure her boys just wanted her to be happy, and thank goodness they were not all out together. But who are any of us to judge unless we spent time in her shoes, really to judge anybody without knowing them personally seems a little harsh. Again these are just my feelings, everybody is welcome to their own opinions.
RissaLou,
Yes, I'm with you. Dodi made Diana happy. Her boys still adore her, she obviously did something right! For, her sons to adore her, and to keep her in their lives to this day, it proves that she not only spent time with them, but she made them feel loved, and important and special to her. For such a woman to be more openly normal and loving with her boys was a break in royal tradition, as the queen's upbringing of her children was more traditional and emotions were not shown. Diana even got in trouble on countless occasions for breaking with her schedule to take time with her boys, or her friends. She was determined to have time to take the boys to school functions, to participate in them herself, to vacation with them, and to just hang out with them, and her staff faught her on that many many times, they wanted her to act more like the princess, and stick to her royal duties and schedule. But Diana would fight back, and change her schedule to make time for her boys. When William was beaned and had to go to the hospital for stitches and a concussion, Diana stayed with him in hospital, while Charles came by for a short visit en route somewhere else. Diana would not leave Wills' side. This was typical, as Diana was all for her boys, they were her 'only joy in life' as were her own words. And then there was Dodi.
Dodi was wonderful for her, and her boys, he brought her joy, something she desperately needed in her life. He was with her when she needed him. And that is wonderful.
The thing about Diana is that she hung out with people weather others approved or not, "ghastly people" like those with aids or leprocy, or gay people, all people who are just people like you and I, and were shunned for stupid reasons. Diana brought love to them, for she was a light that shone all around this world. And to call Dodi "ghastly" for whatever reason, is insulting, to Diana, and so to her sons. After all, one could easily throw that insult at someone else, currently married to Diana's ex husband. Diana's choice to love those others would not, and to touch others who many would not. She judged no one on race, religion nor status, she had a light she shared with everyone. God love her. Diana was Queen of Hearts. :saint: :saint: :saint: :saint: :saint: :saint: :saint: :saint: :saint: :saint: :saint: :saint: :saint: :saint:

Oh please, you talk like you knew her in person when all you have is what was in the gossip magazines.

Diana cared very little for Dodi (who was certainly no gentleman) and was just messing about while on the rebound from a relationship she cared very much about. And that information came from someone who was a close personal friend.

At what point did I ever describe people with illnesses or people who were shunned for physical, mental, racial, sexual reasons as ghastly? I use the term in reference to a man who was known as a complete playboy. Had Diana stayed with him (which she had no intention of doing) and god forbid married the man I can assure you that the British public would not be quite so adoring of her.

My opinion of Diana's choice of bed partner is not an insult to her sons, how totally ridiculous. Many people do call Camilla ghastly - that's up to them.

If you want to pray at the altar of Saint Diana that's fine but don't expect everyone else to worship...

Dear Pandora, I did not by any means try to claim that I knew Diana or what kind of life she lead. I don't, and to be honest I'm too young to have read any tabloids from back then. I do respect your opinion and I'm sorry you seem to have to much anger towards her as a person and that's OK. The only reason I felt like saying anything at all to your post was because in my interpretation of what you said, came across as though you blame her for her own death and leaving this world and her children behind just because she went on a date. I know not everybody adores her and that's OK too, but are you meaning to say that you despise her so much as to say that she deserved to die because she didn't hold up to your expectations as a royal and a mother? I just didn't understand what you were trying to say if that's not what you meant. I just like learning about new things and I didn't really know anything about the royal life, but when I heard about Diana I just admired her charity work, whether or not she had to do it. I also appreciated her as a single mother who seemed to try to give her sons a normal life. She may have spent time with Dodi and he may have been a piece of **** but to me that doesn't amount to enough to hate any person so strongly. I never once called her a saint, that's a title I have only ever given to my own mother, I am not trying to argue and if what I am saying is upsetting you or anyone else, I'll just stop posting because that's not what I'm trying to do. I'm just honestly a bit shocked at how much anybody could dislike Diana so much as to read through a thread intended to be pro-Diana and post only negative things about her.

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
RissaLou, I don't mean to speak for Pandora, but I don't think she was really responding to you...

RissaLou

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
sillyberry|1291235861|2784372 said:
RissaLou, I don't mean to speak for Pandora, but I don't think she was really responding to you...

Oh, oops, sorry about getting so emotional then. I'm just going to stop posting in this particular thread, it's too stressful :(

To Kate and William, I hope they have a loving happy marriage and life together, without too many prying eyes, influences, or judgements. All the best!! :)

And as a side note: may all of us leave this world with our loved ones remembering the best about us instead of our faults, HAPPY HOLLIDAYS :)

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
Pandora|1291204979|2783957 said:

RissaLou,

Ok, Pandora,
Im going to be perfectly to the point here. What I have been trying to get across has obviously been misunderstood. From the beginning I have been posting this thread because I loved Diana, No I did not know her personally, there are many who did not, but shared a love of her for whatever reason. They should not have to justify that, nor should I have found myself in such a position as having to defend myself for that. I would like to ask that you refrain from posting negative feelings against Diana, Dodi, and anyone else on this thread. I created it for people to enjoy. And since you were of course invited to post here, I would ask that if you do decide to do so, that it be positive for William's mother. If you dislike her so much, that is your perogative. And just fine, but there are better places to post that sort of thing. I dont know where your negativity towards her or Dodi came from, but just as you so pointed out that I of course did not know her personally, and I assure you I do not nor have ever read tabloids, I doubt that you knew her either...and so, therefore why harbor such negativity towards her?
Please be positive, if you feel that you have negative things you must post about Diana, or Dodi, please begin a thread for just that. This is a thread for William, Kate and Diana, and those who love them....For those who don't, that is fine, but please don't leave negative comments here.
Thankyou :bigsmile:

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
RissaLou|1291247426|2784567 said:
sillyberry|1291235861|2784372 said:

Oh, oops, sorry about getting so emotional then. I'm just going to stop posting in this particular thread, it's too stressful :(

To Kate and William, I hope they have a loving happy marriage and life together, without too many prying eyes, influences, or judgements. All the best!! :)

And as a side note: may all of us leave this world with our loved ones remembering the best about us instead of our faults, HAPPY HOLLIDAYS :)
That's too bad RissaLou,
you will be missed....I began this thread to post about Wills, Kate and Diana and the love that is shared for them around the world. It is too bad that for those of us who do share an admiration for them, that we find ourselves having to defend that....I do not know why some feel it is a place to post negatively about Diana, or Dodi, or anyone...for whatever reason. and so, I understand fully that you wish not to post here for that reason. You will be missed....I will not be chased away, not from a thread I am trying to create for people who love Wills, Kate and yes, Diana.
Thankyou for your posts, you have been so much fun to talk to! =) 8)

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sithathoriunet,

PS is a public forum. Creating a thread does not entail ownership of it. I think that Pandora has every right to post her feelings about Diana et. al. here.

Incidentally, gemmological theory is not a matter of opinion, as you claim.

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
Harriet|1291310930|2785210 said:
Sithathoriunet,

PS is a public forum. Creating a thread does not entail ownership of it. I think that Pandora has every right to post her feelings about Diana et. al. here.

Gee thanks so much Harriet. I am so glad you posted your opinion.

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
Here are some photos that were put together by others that are fueling of course the comparrison between Kate and Diana's style...It does of course illustrate why so many people are in fact making the comparrison...:)

002-Princess-Diana-and-Kate.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
And another...

2010-11-24-12-04-36-4-this-dress-kate-wore-looked-like-the-one-of-late-p.jpeg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
Here someone has put together a collage...:)

101118princess-diana-kate-middleton06.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
And another...

20060911-750-1365b105d.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
Some more....

20060911-750-1375b55d.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
This one makes me think that yes, Kate does make the attempt to be like Diana.....

alg_middleton.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
and this one as well

img-mg---princess-diana-kate-middleton-3_142419970075.jpg

Kate & Diana Beautiful hats.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
of course this day to remember

kate_diana_engagements_16e6avv-16e6b00.jpg

kate-william-princess-diana-charles.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
again, i didnt put any of these together...just found these and thought they were very interesting..

kate_diana_hats_16e6aka-16e6akc.jpg

Middleton-Diana.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
How could one miss the similarities.... :twirl:

kkk.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
The two beauties!

princess-diana-mario-testino.jpg

kate-middleton-pic-pa-image-1-665160537.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
Ok! well, i am sure there will be more interesting photographic comparrisons done between Diana and Kate.....Kate seems be flattered to win such a comparrison... 8) .:)

princess-diana-2.jpg

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sithathoriunet|1291339089|2785659 said:
Sithathoriunet,

If you are referring to my 'opinion' on the basic distinctions between hue, tone and saturation, it is rooted in fact. See, e.g. Schumann's "Gemstones of the World," not snippets from various unacknowledged websites. I am neutral towards Diana et. al., but cannot bear to see people disseminating falsehoods about gems and misleading others.

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
Harriet|1291340124|2785686 said:
Sithathoriunet|1291339089|2785659 said:
Sithathoriunet,

If you are referring to my 'opinion' on the basic distinctions between hue, tone and saturation, it is rooted in fact. See, e.g. Schumann's "Gemstones of the World," not snippets from various unacknowledged websites. I am neutral towards Diana et. al., but cannot bear to see people disseminating falsehoods about gems and misleading others.
No Harriet,
I was of course referring to your last post which was quoted above.... in which you said that 'Pandora had every right to post her feelings about Diana'. When I had been saying how this thread was created to be positive and was in honor of Diana, Wills and Kate....I had asked that she not post negative insulting things about her or others. I have asked that several times, why do you think that posting insults is a good thing? I mentioned perhaps if anyone wishes to do that sort of thing, perhaps they should begin a new thread, one that is against Diana, if they so wish, but to please refrain from that sort of negativity here. As for gemology, perhaps if you feel you have much to share, you should begin a thread as well. It seems that issue is still pressing for you. This thread was not intended to linger on that topic, but there are others im sure who would like a thread that is dedicated to that.

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
OK! Please lets back on topic!
Wills and Kate and Diana's ring is of course a tribute! Tribute to Wills Kate and Diana! And as such, I would like to say, there is nothing wrong to either like or dislike any of them, if you like them, this thread is for you! If you do not, then you may not want to watch this thread, because I created it to pay tribute and congratulate them, this means I will in fact be posting much news, pictures, and yes, positive comments about them....That is why Im here...So, let's on with it!

Lady-Diana-diana-2C-princess-of-wales-147366_433_513.jpg

Kate-Middleton2.jpg

article-1161275-03D80711000005DC-457_235x310.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
Some more photos to see

300_kate_diana,0.jpg

kate_diana_polo_16e684i-16e684k.jpg

kate_diana_red_outfit_16e6846-16e684a.jpg

kate_diana_shopping_16e69ju-16e69k0.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock