shape
carat
color
clarity

What''s for dinner?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Last night we ended up having an odd combo:

Home made meatballs
Angel hair pasta tossed with basil, EVOO, & lemon juice
Frozen Pizza
Pokemon mac/cheese

Okay. . .tonight, who knows. Still need to go to the store.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
MC-I love it. The Pokemon mac&cheese puts it over the top:)

Tonight I''m having leftover yaki udon from the Japanese place across the street and DH will have leftover beans and rice...but we''re making homemade banana choc chip frozen yogurt or strawberry lemon sorbet depending on the price on strawberries today:)

Tomorrow I have class so we have to fend for ourselves.

Fri night I have a mtg, but Saturday I am cooking. I think Chicken soup with dumplings and chicken potpie for the freezer for DH (we make me one with tempeh
18.gif
)

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/2/2010 8:35:51 PM
Author: elrohwen
Date: 2/2/2010 8:15:37 PM
Author: Haven
I''m making this tomato sauce for the first time tonight. I''ve seen the recipe pop up on so many food blogs that I decided I had to try it.
Lmao, I was planning to make that on Thursday! Haha. I love Smitten Kitchen. I was going to pair it with some homemade pasta and maybe I''ll make some bread to go with it (though that sounds like a lot of carbs, when I think about it)
Homemade pasta? I''m impressed!

I really liked the sauce, but DH was not a big fan. I rarely cook with butter, and I think DH was hung up on the fact that he was eating butter, and that''s why he didn''t enjoy it. I shouldn''t have told him what was in it.

I probably won''t make it again, unless DH is out of town.

(I did use San Marzano tinned tomatoes, I do agree that they are the best.)

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2010 1:13:05 PM

Homemade pasta? I'm impressed!

I really liked the sauce, but DH was not a big fan. I rarely cook with butter, and I think DH was hung up on the fact that he was eating butter, and that's why he didn't enjoy it. I shouldn't have told him what was in it.

I probably won't make it again, unless DH is out of town.

Haven - have you ever stir fried steak in butter?! hahaha I did this a few times and my DH didn't catch on and was amazed at how yummy it all had been. . .until I admitted adding in my secret ingredient, which resulted in him being a bit displeased!

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock
We''re having Chicken Katsu curry with boiled rice tonight. I love Japanse food and this is so quick and easy to make and very tasty. It was a toss up between that or a chicken dinner - chicken, gravy, roast potatoes, carrots and parsnips with yorkshire pudding. Tomorrow night we''re having teriyaki tuna. The ''fish man'' comes down from up north and sells fish from his wee fish van in the local area, so I ordered some fresh tuna and salmon. We have such amazing fish and seafood in Scotland so we can pick it up fairly easily and its uber fresh.

We tend not to have desert or pudding as we call it, unless its special occasions.

I''m hoping if we can to go to Yo Sushi! again this weekend as we went last weekend and it was brilliant and there''s so many dishes I''ve yet to try.

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Last night we had stuffed Poblano peppers.
First I roasted the peppers for about 10 mins in the oven then they were stuffed with ground turkey, sauteed red onions and chunky tomato sauce, spiced with red chili flakes, garlic, white pepper and cayenne pepper and topped with shredded cheese.
Served with brown rice on the side.
Having the left overs right now for lunch!
1.gif

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2010 12:45:47 PM
Author: Bella_mezzo
MC-I love it. The Pokemon mac&cheese puts it over the top:)

Tonight I''m having leftover yaki udon from the Japanese place across the street and DH will have leftover beans and rice...but we''re making homemade banana choc chip frozen yogurt or strawberry lemon sorbet depending on the price on strawberries today:)

Tomorrow I have class so we have to fend for ourselves.

Fri night I have a mtg, but Saturday I am cooking. I think Chicken soup with dumplings and chicken potpie for the freezer for DH (we make me one with tempeh
18.gif
)

I WANT!!!
39.gif

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm making an Indian beans and potato dish. I'm going to try kneading some dough and making home-made Indian roti (bread) to go with it. And yogurt with spices on the side. Since the husband's out of town, I get to make tons of Indian veggies he normally wouldn't eat.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I bought a chicken and am going to roast in the oven!
1.gif
Now that I think about it, I didn''t buy anything to go along with it.
37.gif
There may be another box of Pokemon mac/cheese in the pantry. lol

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2010 8:42:05 AM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
Date: 2/3/2010 6:37:38 AM

Author: Deelight

I had a piece of the most beautiful yummiest piece of wood fire cooked dill and herb salmon that I bought from the farmers market at lunch today (even better I didn''t have to cook) with a side of potato salad and cherry tomatos - OMG it was soo good the house still smells like smokey herby goodnes
18.gif

ETA desert was gluten free jamacian rum cake I made the night before - it got better with age :)

Dee-sorry if this is too personal, but are you following a gf diet these days? I am and I''d love to have a cooking buddy to bounce recipes off of.

Not to personal at all - I know how hard it can be to find really good GF food so I am happy to share :)

I luckily can eat most glutens just not wheat :)

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I made a chicken milano last night-it was absolutely delicious so will definitely make it again. I served it with salad and garlic bread and I made enough for two nights so that will be dinner tonight as well.

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Last night I made seared Ahi Tuna steaks (sashimi grade) spiced with garlic, ginger, white pepper and a dash of salt, with steamed garlic cauliflower and rice on the side. It was sooooooooo good... I wish good fish wasn''t so expensive
39.gif

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2010 1:13:05 PM
Homemade pasta? I'm impressed!

I really liked the sauce, but DH was not a big fan. I rarely cook with butter, and I think DH was hung up on the fact that he was eating butter, and that's why he didn't enjoy it. I shouldn't have told him what was in it.

I probably won't make it again, unless DH is out of town.

I'm glad to hear you liked it. Now I'm really excited to make it.

Yes, San Marzano is the way to go! I meant to buy some yesterday, but I forgot ... My regular grocery store doesn't have them, so I have to get them at the specialty place and maybe make it on Saturday.

I never tell DH what's in the things I make
2.gif
And I often cook with butter though I tend to always put in less than recommended. I'll have to try it the way it's written the first time, but I'm sure I would cut back in the future to 2-3 Tbsp instead of 5.

You should try making homemade pasta. It's really not that hard and I find it kind of soothing. Not something I would do on a work night, but pretty easy to whip out on a weekend. It takes me about 50 minutes total, but half an hour of that is dough resting time. The only time I used boxed pasta now is if I want a particular shape, like rotini. For any type of long thin pasta I just make it myself.

Aloros

Brilliant_Rock
DH and I have been eating out of our garden. We''ll probably pull up some bok choy tonight, stir fry it, and eat it with rice and fried quail eggs (we keep a hutch of quails - they each lay 1 egg/day!).

I can''t wait until our broccoli is ready.
18.gif

purselover

Ideal_Rock
Last night we had potatoes, peas and cauliflower in an eggplant curry sauce and tonight we''re having veggie burgers.
18.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Its my daughter''s birthday tomorrow so I made her Lemon Pasta and an Orange Chocolate Chunk Cake. It was delicious!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Baked mostaccioli.

Bleed Burnt Orange

Brilliant_Rock
Left over posole and I might as well finish my crab mac and cheese.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Grilled loin lamb chops, roasted new potatoes and steamed asparagus.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/4/2010 4:38:49 PM
Author: Kaleigh
Grilled loin lamb chops, roasted new potatoes and steamed asparagus.
Yum! I want normal food. It''s becoming tiring cooking for little kids and they''re picky demands!

I never made the chicken last night, so I''m roasting it tonight.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Beef tenderloin, mushrooms sauteed in white wine, stuffed peppers and green salad with homemade dressing. And a good amarone.....
9.gif

cheers--Sharon

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/4/2010 2:51:59 PM
Author: Maisie
Its my daughter''s birthday tomorrow so I made her Lemon Pasta and an Orange Chocolate Chunk Cake. It was delicious!

Happy birthday to your daughter, Maisie! Dinner sounds yummy!

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Taco Soup! It is majorly delicious!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
curly fries

IloveAsschers13

Brilliant_Rock
I had homemade breaded chicken breast stuffed with goat cheese, fresh mozzarella, spinach, pine nuts, tomatoes, and onions. Then potatoes au gratin on the side and asparagus baked with bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese. :)

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/4/2010 9:04:29 PM
Author: IloveAsschers13
I had homemade breaded chicken breast stuffed with goat cheese, fresh mozzarella, spinach, pine nuts, tomatoes, and onions. Then potatoes au gratin on the side and asparagus baked with bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese. :)
Yummm!!!
18.gif

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Polenta with marinara sauce and steamed veggies on the side.
Mmmmmmm. I''d eat a heap of steamed veggies every night if DH loved them as much as I.

We had leftover sauce from the other night, and I read that marinara sauce goes well with polenta. I love it, but DH had never had it before, and I don''t think he''s a huge fan.

We''re going out for Chinese food tomorrow night, YUM!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/4/2010 8:38:48 PM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
curly fries

I *BIG PUFFY HEART* curly fries

Dinner tonight - Chinesse takeway YUM

MissMina

Brilliant_Rock
Home made Yaki Gyoza

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/5/2010 12:37:24 AM
Polenta with marinara sauce and steamed veggies on the side.
Mmmmmmm. I''d eat a heap of steamed veggies every night if DH loved them as much as I.

We had leftover sauce from the other night, and I read that marinara sauce goes well with polenta. I love it, but DH had never had it before, and I don''t think he''s a huge fan.

We''re going out for Chinese food tomorrow night, YUM!
I think you''re copying my future menu choices
3.gif
I got some polenta and plan to make it soon. DH hasn''t had it (or doesn''t think he has) and is nervous. Silly DH.

At least he does like steamed veggies as much as me! We go through ridiculous amounts of broccoli and asparagus each week.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results