shape
carat
color
clarity

What''s for dinner?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rierie26

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/1/2010 9:53:51 PM
Author: Elmorton
We just had ''homemade'' chicken pot pie. I made some comment about pot pie which landed us at the grocery store, and DH didn''t realize that they don''t make it ''family style'' in the frozen section...so I made one (semi homemade) for the first time, completely guessing on how to do it...and it turned out perfectly!! This is definitely a dish that will stay in the rotation.

Oooh! What''s the recipe? I love pot pies.

Dinner = salad from Whole Foods salad bar (proud of myself for actually picking salad stuff and not putting macaroni and cheese in the box and calling it a "salad"...hey if it''s in the same section...
27.gif

upgrade

Brilliant_Rock
We just had ''homemade'' chicken pot pie. I made some comment about pot pie which landed us at the grocery store, and DH didn''t realize that they don''t make it ''family style'' in the frozen section...so I made one (semi homemade) for the first time, completely guessing on how to do it...and it turned out perfectly!! This is definitely a dish that will stay in the rotation.
I love chicken pot pie! It''s one of my husband''s all time favourites. When I roast chicken I usually roast 2 (it''s the same amount of work so why not?). We eat roast chicken for dinner the first night, then I pick both the chickens and make enough pot pit filling for 2 pies. We eat one the next night with a tossed salad and the other goes (uncooked) into the freezer for a night when I''m feeling lazy. Yum!

onvacation

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/1/2010 9:24:03 PM
Author: Brown.Eyed.Girl
Date: 2/1/2010 6:31:56 PM

Author: onvacation

I was craving Chipotle like no other after the Chipotle thread, but soup sounds good too! I suppose it might do good to stay home and avoid the tacos. Wild mushroom pasta with chicken chipotle soup it is.

Oh that Chipotle thread! ::shakes fist:: Thanks to it, we went and had Chipotle yesterday too
3.gif

Tonight...ordering out. Thai food - spicy yellow curry, rice, and a LOT of Thai iced coffee!

Mmmm, Thai iced coffee! Love the taste, not so much what it does for the waistline! In most cases, can''t resist though...

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
We''re either having steak fajitas or something from whole foods.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s tacos and black beans for us tonight.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Spaghetti, wine, and...

LOST!

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
It''s a rare event- I''m home early enough to cook! We''re having marinated chicken stuffed with feta, seasoned/cheesey broccoli, and sweet potatoes. yum.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/2/2010 5:40:19 PM
Author: fiery
Spaghetti, wine, and...

LOST!

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
AHHHH LOST. I cannot wait! It''s even marked on my calendar.

Tonight we''re having popcorn for dinner.
3.gif

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
MC popcorn is one of my all time favorite meals, don''t knock it!
3.gif

Fajitas won the vote!

Keepingthefaith21

Brilliant_Rock
Cream of broccoli soup and a big giant salad.

I know what you are all thinking...calm down over there KTF - that''s much too exciting for a weeknight meal
3.gif

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Subway
9.gif

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ordering in tonight. Thai eggplant and tofu with rice and a green mango salad! Hubby''s out of the country for work and I have a bad sinus infection. Don''t feel like going out to get groceries in the cold tonight.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/2/2010 7:23:33 PM
Author: kama_s
Ordering in tonight. Thai eggplant and tofu with rice and a green mango salad! Hubby''s out of the country for work and I have a bad sinus infection. Don''t feel like going out to get groceries in the cold tonight.

Feel better soon Kama! Dinner sounds yummy!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m making this tomato sauce for the first time tonight. I''ve seen the recipe pop up on so many food blogs that I decided I had to try it.

I''m serving it on gemelli pasta, with a loaf of thick crusty bread on the side. I''m also serving some edamame before dinner for protein. I know it doesn''t really "go" with the pasta, but I''m out of ideas for a good protein side.

The sauce is soooo simple, so if it''s good I''m sure I''ll be making it a lot. My current tomato sauce recipe calls for far more ingredients.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
Haven I keep meaning to make that, let me know how it turns out for you...

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
baked chicken and brussel sprout casserole.

-A

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m taking the cheater''s way out because I don''t want to miss the THREE hours of Lost tonight. Chinese take-out for us!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/2/2010 12:51:00 AM
Author: upgrade

I love chicken pot pie! It''s one of my husband''s all time favourites. When I roast chicken I usually roast 2 (it''s the same amount of work so why not?). We eat roast chicken for dinner the first night, then I pick both the chickens and make enough pot pit filling for 2 pies. We eat one the next night with a tossed salad and the other goes (uncooked) into the freezer for a night when I''m feeling lazy. Yum!
That''s a fantastic idea! I''m so borrowing it!

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I made baked chicken (with a parmesan and bbq flavored panko crust), a Goya rice side thing (I think it was rice with red beans), and broccoli.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/2/2010 8:15:37 PM
Author: Haven
I'm making this tomato sauce for the first time tonight. I've seen the recipe pop up on so many food blogs that I decided I had to try it.
Lmao, I was planning to make that on Thursday! Haha. I love Smitten Kitchen. I was going to pair it with some homemade pasta and maybe I'll make some bread to go with it (though that sounds like a lot of carbs, when I think about it)

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/2/2010 7:49:32 PM
Author: ZoeBartlett

Date: 2/2/2010 7:23:33 PM
Author: kama_s

Feel better soon Kama! Dinner sounds yummy!
Thanks, Zoe!

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Tonight was ground turkey tacos with whole wheat shells, romaine lettuce, and salsa.

We love taco night!
18.gif

Callisto

Brilliant_Rock
Ooo bad day for this thread... we were super lazy and made a frozen pizza.

But yesterday when this thread was actually created, we made nachos which were awesome! I accentuate them with beans, corn, ground beef with taco seasoning, and this stuff called Rotel which is just canned diced tomatoes and green chilis. Yummmm...

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hmmm on wednesdays we usually go to the cafe downstairs (along with everyone else) and have a buffet but they rotate the buffets and tonight is german and I''m just not sure that they''ll do it any good here in China. I''m a little scared. German food in germany is scary enough!! They do mexican food really well here though, I must admit. It''s the ONLY place in this city that has it, but the owner of this compound is from texas and she brings over everything they need in her own suitcase a few times a year lol German though? Eeek!

I''ve been making jiaozi (dumplings/potstickers) at home the last few days and they''ve been really good! I never made them before I came to China but they''re so popular here!!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
I had a piece of the most beautiful yummiest piece of wood fire cooked dill and herb salmon that I bought from the farmers market at lunch today (even better I didn't have to cook) with a side of potato salad and cherry tomatos - OMG it was soo good the house still smells like smokey herby goodnes
18.gif

ETA desert was gluten free jamacian rum cake I made the night before - it got better with age :)

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2010 6:37:38 AM
Author: Deelight
I had a piece of the most beautiful yummiest piece of wood fire cooked dill and herb salmon that I bought from the farmers market at lunch today (even better I didn''t have to cook) with a side of potato salad and cherry tomatos - OMG it was soo good the house still smells like smokey herby goodnes
18.gif

ETA desert was gluten free jamacian rum cake I made the night before - it got better with age :)

Dee-sorry if this is too personal, but are you following a gf diet these days? I am and I''d love to have a cooking buddy to bounce recipes off of.

rhbgirl24

Ideal_Rock
Tonight we''re having pork chops and stuffing with a creamy mushroom sauce. Its yummy!

yesterday was a honey glazed curry chicken and spiced rice with raisins. Can''t say the chicken was the best ever, but it was a new crock pot recipe I wanted to try. Wasn''t bad, just meh.

Erin

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/2/2010 8:19:38 PM
Author: Arcadian
baked chicken and brussel sprout casserole.

-A
Now THAT sounds good. Mind sharing?

I''ve been on an eat every two hours regime for the last four weeks so I guess you could say 100 calorie popcorn and a babybel.
When I get together with BF on the weekends I like to make ''real'' dinners and chicken with brussel sprouts (me favorite!) sounds great!

April20

Ideal_Rock
I made a great dinner on Monday night and then completely bombed on Tuesday, eating a Lean Pocket for dinner. I have no idea what DH ate. I have to eat out with work people tonight, but I got to pick the palace. Rustic italian pizza place. It''s new and I''ve been really wanting to go. I''m traveling tomorrow afternoon and Friday, but the up side is I''m going to the city where my youngest sister is in college and we get to meet up for dinner. I love that kid, so I cannot wait to see her!

April20

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2010 4:19:51 AM
Author: Cehrabehra
Hmmm on wednesdays we usually go to the cafe downstairs (along with everyone else) and have a buffet but they rotate the buffets and tonight is german and I''m just not sure that they''ll do it any good here in China. I''m a little scared. German food in germany is scary enough!! They do mexican food really well here though, I must admit. It''s the ONLY place in this city that has it, but the owner of this compound is from texas and she brings over everything they need in her own suitcase a few times a year lol German though? Eeek!

I''ve been making jiaozi (dumplings/potstickers) at home the last few days and they''ve been really good! I never made them before I came to China but they''re so popular here!!
This totally isn''t the really the same as we buy them from Trader Joe''s by the bag. We eat them for snacks/dinner all the time! They are so, so good.

How do you make them at home though? I''m probably too lazy to do it, but hey, ya never know!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results