shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you all think? (yes, I''m asking for your thoughts please)

should I purchase a bracelet or not?

• Go for it! You only live once!

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Don''t do it because you will only feel guilty after!

• I could care less either way. I just want to see what everyone else voted...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/22/2009 3:09:42 PM
Author: decodelighted
I agree about the Tiffany''s not making financial or logical sense & the whole spiel on marketing & naivete etc. HOWEVER, I wonder if people around here react differently when there are diamonds involved. I don''t recall anyone ever talking someone into a knockoff of the Cartier Rolling Ring when they wanted the original. Food for thought.
Well, personally, I wouldn''t know. I don''t like rolling rings, so I don''t particularly pay attention to those threads. As far as I know the only person that has gotten a Cartier rolling ring was DiamondFan, and for her it was a completely different financial situation...

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
I think my issue with Tiffanys is that if I had money to burn, it wouldn''t matter, but if I was really seriously considering buying a bracelet, and it would be a big purchase (as this seems to be), I sure as heck would want the best bang for my buck possible. I honestly don''t think the subjective nature of the Tiffs name and appeal can stack up to the very objective best value inherent in the Whiteflash bracelet. Balance smaller carat weight and less number of diamonds + Tiffs name, versus extremely high quality and greater quantity of diamonds at WF....and if you''re a PSer, the WF name is pretty good too (because we all know WF has a reputation for quality). I just don''t get it either - if this was my big purchase and I''m letting go of hard-earned cash, I''d want the best I could get....objectively. NOT the best "name" I could get. And people who look at my bracelet....they''ll be seeing the diamonds, and how many there are, and how they sparkle...not some Tiffany aura floating around it.

But anyway, rant aside, to each her own, and DG has made it VERY clear in the past that the Tiffs name IS worth it for her...and she''s not going to be dissuaded from buying the Tiffs bracelet.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
I don't care if ANYONE knows where I get my bracelet from. If you recall, I didn't even mention where I was looking however I'm sure you all knew anyway. I wanted to avoid this kind of a reaction but it's here anyway. So what else is new? (Wish I could just be appreciated in the community for who I am!) Think what you will because I can't change your minds just like you can't change mine. If you recall me mentioning, I wont even buy from Tiffany without looking at the braclet IN HAND. I'm just not the type to throw my money (especially this much) to an online purchase. Maybe some of you are comfortable with big purchases online but I am one who isn't. Please don't imply that I am naive and stupid for shopping somewhere I personally trust. This is something I've wanted for a long time. So I didn't just choose to spend that kind of money and spend it at Tiffany's. I know what I'm doing so don't worry about it. Thanks for all the help though but I think I've got that part under control.

So anyway...............for those who care and support me, I will keep you informed. Thanks!
2.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/19/2009 4:56:04 PM

Correct me if I''m wrong, Dreamgirl, but aren''t you living with your mom now? I don''t know if these ''6 months - a year'' living expenses rules are aimed toward Dreamgirl''s situation? Can you even be sure what ''living expenses'' would *be* if you''ve never lived on your own? (Not saying that''s your situation Dreamgirl ... but as a general thing for people living at home)
Was this question anwered re: Dreamgirl living on her own or with her mom? I do think that unless you have six months saved up (an amount that would support you if you lived on your own), then it''s best to wait! Unless I was making A LOT of money at age 28, I would be saving every cent!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/22/2009 3:37:54 PM
Author: Dreamgirl
I don''t care if ANYONE knows where I get my bracelet from. If you recall, I didn''t even mention where I was looking however I''m sure you all knew anyway. I wanted to avoid this kind of a reaction but it''s here anyway. So what else is new? (Wish I could just be appreciated in the community for who I am!) Think what you will because I can''t change your minds just like you can''t change mine. If you recall me mentioning, I wont even buy from Tiffany without looking at the braclet IN HAND. I''m just not the type to throw my money (especially this much) to an online purchase. Maybe some of you are comfortable with big purchases online but I am one who isn''t. Please don''t imply that I am naive and stupid for shopping somewhere I personally trust. I know what I''m doing so don''t worry about it. Thanks for all the help though but I think I''ve got that part under control.

So anyway...............for those who care and support me, I will keep you informed. Thanks!
2.gif
DG - If you want the Tiffany bracelet, then go for it. . .as one of your poll options permitted, we would say whether we care or do not care and I''m one who doesn''t truely care what you decide (it''s YOUR life). Personally, I do not think it''s a good economical time to be purchasing a $1K bracelet, and I wasn''t sure about the earlier question about if you live on your own or not, but either way, IF you decide to get the bracelet, purchase what makes you most happy even if you do not live on your own. Though, I do think it''s unwise to be blowing large sums of money before understanding what it''s like to support ones self.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/22/2009 3:55:54 PM
Author: MC

Date: 6/19/2009 4:56:04 PM

Correct me if I''m wrong, Dreamgirl, but aren''t you living with your mom now? I don''t know if these ''6 months - a year'' living expenses rules are aimed toward Dreamgirl''s situation? Can you even be sure what ''living expenses'' would *be* if you''ve never lived on your own? (Not saying that''s your situation Dreamgirl ... but as a general thing for people living at home)
Was this question anwered re: Dreamgirl living on her own or with her mom? I do think that unless you have six months saved up (an amount that would support you if you lived on your own), then it''s best to wait! Unless I was making A LOT of money at age 28, I would be saving every cent!
I am currently with my parents (not sure in my situation how that really factors into this) but they happen to think I should make this purchase for myself. I also have more than 6 months saved up...

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wasn't the tiitle of this thread? What do you all think??? Guessing you don't want to hear what we think??

Get the bracelet and enjoy it...
35.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/22/2009 4:02:50 PM
Author: Kaleigh
Wasn''t the tiitle of this thread? What do you think??? Guessing you don''t want to hear what we think??
lol yes it was Kaleigh. And the answers I got here helped me a lot in this decision!!! But what it wasn''t was "lets tell DG how stupid she is and make her feel bad for blowing money at Tiffany''s thread instead of shopping at White Flash"

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Nevermind. I see MC actually said what I thought.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/22/2009 3:37:54 PM
I don''t care if ANYONE knows where I get my bracelet from. If you recall, I didn''t even mention where I was looking however I''m sure you all knew anyway. I wanted to avoid this kind of a reaction but it''s here anyway. So what else is new? (Wish I could just be appreciated in the community for who I am!) Think what you will because I can''t change your minds just like you can''t change mine. If you recall me mentioning, I wont even buy from Tiffany without looking at the braclet IN HAND. I''m just not the type to throw my money (especially this much) to an online purchase. Maybe some of you are comfortable with big purchases online but I am one who isn''t. Please don''t imply that I am naive and stupid for shopping somewhere I personally trust. This is something I''ve wanted for a long time. So I didn''t just choose to spend that kind of money and spend it at Tiffany''s. I know what I''m doing so don''t worry about it. Thanks for all the help though but I think I''ve got that part under control.

2.gif

DG, I know you have history with some posters, but really, I think you''re being overly sensitive here. No one is out to get you or intent on purposely making you look like a jerk.

I''d just like to point out the title of your post "What do you all think? (yes, I''m asking for your thoughts please)" People have suggested in the past that you be prepared for all sorts of answers when you ask questions clearly looking for opinions on a subject and product line discussed (good and bad) ad nauseum on PS. You know the general consensus, just like you ultimately know the choice you''re going to make, so why even bother asking the question?

I don''t think Whitby or any of the others whose posts you''re offended were really TRYING to sway you one way or the other, they were just giving their opinions and some sage wisdom, the former you asked for specifically in the title.

And for the record, Whiteflash sells online, but they have a "real" store staffed with competent, professional sales associates. I have a friend from college who couldn''t find a job a picked one up at T&Co as a SA with no experience or training to her name. She sure was pretty though!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/22/2009 4:05:01 PM
Date: 6/22/2009 4:02:50 PM

Author: Kaleigh

Wasn''t the tiitle of this thread? What do you think??? Guessing you don''t want to hear what we think??
lol yes it was Kaleigh. And the answers I got here helped me a lot in this decision!!! But what it wasn''t was ''lets tell DG how stupid she is and make her feel bad for blowing money at Tiffany''s thread instead of shopping at White Flash''

So since the outcome was predetermined as we all know, the title really should have been "Which DBTY bracelet from T&Co should DG get?"

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/22/2009 4:07:12 PM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
DG, I know you have history with some posters, but really, I think you''re being overly sensitive here. No one is out to get you or intent on purposely making you look like a jerk.

I''d just like to point out the title of your post ''What do you all think? (yes, I''m asking for your thoughts please)'' People have suggested in the past that you be prepared for all sorts of answers when you ask questions clearly looking for opinions on a subject and product line discussed (good and bad) ad nauseum on PS. You know the general consensus, just like you ultimately know the choice you''re going to make, so why even bother asking the question?

I don''t think Whitby or any of the others whose posts you''re offended were really TRYING to sway you one way or the other, they were just giving their opinions and some sage wisdom, the former you asked for specifically in the title.

And for the record, Whiteflash sells online, but they have a ''real'' store staffed with competent, professional sales associates. I have a friend from college who couldn''t find a job a picked one up at T&Co as a SA with no experience or training to her name. She sure was pretty though!
Thanks Hudson! Guess I''m just that sensitive person as I''ve said before. Of course I''ve loved all the help here as I asked for it. But sometimes I feel like I''m being thrown under a bus so I can''t help but get a little defensive.

I generally post on PS for support and for fun with PS friends but your right, why post it? I guess because I thought it would be helpful to me by seeing how many thought I should buy one of the bracelets Im interested in...I only provided photos and links because it was asked.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
You realize you''re on a forum that is based around people being educated about their diamond purchases and getting the most bang for their buck right?

I don''t think anyone here cares about your brand loyalty specifically. But asking us for our opinion on diamonds, on a diamond website geared towards getting the best diamond for your dollar, and expecting people to be like, "Oh yeah, get the Tiffany, where the cuts aren''t as good, and you''re paying a high premium for the name!" That simply isn''t the point of this forum.

Of COURSE people are going to try to talk you out of it. You asked for our opinions, you got them. I don''t think this has anything to do with YOU personally, just with the fact that Tiffany does NOT give you the best bang for your buck. Again--which is what this forum is about.

If I were you, I would just buy the bracelet, not ask for opinions of diamond experts and aficionados, and be happy with your purchase. After all, this purchase isn''t for US.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/22/2009 4:12:04 PM
Thanks Hudson! Guess I'm just that sensitive person as I've said before. Of course I've loved all the help here as I asked for it. But sometimes I feel like I'm being thrown under a bus so I can't help but get a little defensive.

I generally post on PS for support and for fun with PS friends but your right, why post it? I guess because I thought it would be helpful to me by seeing how many thought I should buy one of the bracelets Im interested in...I only provided photos and links because it was asked.
There was that thread the other day about whether people post for opinions or affirmation for the dicisions they have/plan to make. IMO, it's best NOT to ask a question about deciding on something ***IF*** you've already made a choice because at that point it is much more easy to be offended when some states the choice your made isn't what others agree with. If you truely had no clue about what to do, then you wouldn't have been offended when alternatives were suggested.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/22/2009 4:17:00 PM
There was that thread the other day about whether people post for opinions or affirmation for the dicisions they have/plan to make. IMO, it''s best NOT to ask a question about deciding on something ***IF*** you''ve already made a choice because at that point it is much more easy to be offended when some states the choice your made isn''t what others agree with. If you truely had no clue about what to do, then you wouldn''t have been offended when alternatives were suggested.
I knew what I wanted. What I didn''t know was if I should purchase or not. Which is why I asked for opinions to help me make that decision. Now I''m getting offended because I''m starting to feel sad that suddenly this thread has shifted into what it has and it makes me feel less excited about my choice now
7.gif
lol Now if I purchase, I''m thinking why bother sharing a story with photos because I''ll get certain people coming down on me about it...
14.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock

Date: 6/22/2009 4:12:04 PM
Thanks Hudson! Guess I''m just that sensitive person as I''ve said before. Of course I''ve loved all the help here as I asked for it. But sometimes I feel like I''m being thrown under a bus so I can''t help but get a little defensive.

There was that thread the other day about whether people post for opinions or affirmation for the dicisions they have/plan to make. IMO, it''s best NOT to ask a question about deciding on something ***IF*** you''ve already made a choice because at that point it is much more easy to be offended when some states the choice your made isn''t what others agree with. If you truely had no clue about what to do, then you wouldn''t have been offended when alternatives were suggested.
Or at least word the question more carefully? I mean, this isn''t a "how to speak more precisely" forum, but DG, come on, we''ve been through this all before. If you give PSers an open-ended question asking for advice, like this thread, the inevitable and logical answer is that people will advise you to go with a non-Tiff vendor...because you get more for your money. Like Hudson said, maybe this thread should have been titled "Which Tiff bracelet should I get?" You''re honestly NEVER going to get a "Yeah, Tiffanys would be my first choice!" answer from PSers. And I''m pretty sure after all this time that you don''t need affirmation when it comes to your devotion about Tiffanys. So next time, make it easier on us, and yourself, and just limit the options or at least phrase your question more carefully. Because being nice consumer-friendly PSers that we are, we''ll always advise you to go with the best return for your money, and it''s really never going to be Tiffany. But if you DO ask us, Which Tiffany?, this debate can be avoided, and we will try to give you input limited only to the Tiffs items you''re interested in.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/22/2009 4:21:20 PM

I knew what I wanted. What I didn''t know was if I should purchase or not. Which is why I asked for opinions to help me make that decision. Now I''m getting offended because I''m starting to feel sad that suddenly this thread has shifted into what it has and it makes me feel less excited about my choice now
7.gif
lol Now if I purchase, I''m thinking why bother sharing a story with photos because I''ll get certain people coming down on me about it...
14.gif
Many responders have said you deserve it! Chances are you''ll receive many positive comments when/after you post in the SMTR!!! The others will have forgotten and moved on to other "controversial" topics! It''s not as if you''re the one and only who loves Tiffany here on PS. Feel proud that you have the guts to say so.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock

7.gif
14.gif

I''m sorry, but this is a personal problem that you need to work on IRL on your own time. If validation from a virtual source is what makes or breaks you and how you feel about insignificant (in the greater scope of things) decisions in your life then you should go talk to someone because that''s not healthy behavior for a 28 year old woman.

Buy the bracelet, celebrate your career, love your life. Screw all of us b*tches and just move on!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t see how we can make a decision like this for you. Only you know if you can afford it or not. Now if you had started a thread asking us to look at the bracelet and get excited with you about buying it - that would be different. You would have had lots of smiley happy posts from people who enjoy sharing in other PS''ers purchases.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/22/2009 4:31:25 PM
Author: Maisie
I don''t see how we can make a decision like this for you. Only you know if you can afford it or not. Now if you had started a thread asking us to look at the bracelet and get excited with you about buying it - that would be different. You would have had lots of smiley happy posts from people who enjoy sharing in other PS''ers purchases.
True.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
How many "Show Me The Ring" threads have you seen where someone is showing off their new ring or bracelet or earrings or something turn into a "well you *should* have gotten xxx" fest? None? Yeah ... none. When people HAVE purchased something generally the people showing up to comment are the ones who are offering ooohs & ahhs & congrats.

There's a big difference between "Should I?" and "Lookie What I Got!" I think you're interpreting this whole thing wrongly. It isn't people trying to make you feel stupid. Its people trying to share the benefit of their experiences.

Ten years from now you'll probably have a VERY different perspective on Tiffany's. But 'til then ... enjoy!

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
I see people of all ages shopping at Tiffany. They have lovely items.

Dreamgirl, I hope you get the bracelet you've had your eye on and enjoy wearing it. It'll be a piece you appreciate and in 10 years it'll bring back fond memories of your first job and 28th birthday.

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
hi DG :)

well, i''m not sure if it''s my post which offended you, but if it is, i dont think i can help you. PriceScope is a consumer site, clearly, and i have been a consumer from Tiffany. i''m sharing what i know in an effort to enhance your jewelry shopping experience. take it as you will to the extent that you care to; the decision is ultimately your own and won''t offend me in any way.

i thought for DAYS before i posted a reply as it was clear what you wanted to hear and i knew i couldn''t say the words. i wasn''t going to post, but did in the end because i think what i said has value. you can get more elsewhere than you will at tiffany on this particular item. the DBTY range, in my opinion, is a consumer sucker punch.

obviously i have no personal issue with you as i dont know you at all. but i think the bracelet you''re considering is a poor purchase of a lesser quality item than you can get elsewhere. you can take this from someone who received the elsa peretti open heart earrings as recently as SATURDAY and who is wearing a tiffany platinum and diamond band even as she types. this is not personal - it just is what it is after the stats are compared. i asked you to explain what made it better for you, assuming you had some other incentive than a straight quality comparison, but you didn''t answer. i''m assuming there is some intangible for you which gives this bracelet more value than i can see on paper, but given that i don''t know what that is, i can only give you my opinion as it relates to the items as i see them. i read what you said you wanted, read your further posts, tried to get a full picture, then gave my opinion, as requested. and there it is.

offended or no, i care about someone enjoying their purchase sufficiently to say - again - think this through, DG. consider what IS the ''other thing'' you''re getting out of buying from a brand well known to be inflated in its prices and which has just recently dropped the lower end range of the quality of diamonds they''re prepared to use. if you can''t articulate it, perhaps you should hold off - an opinion which is also directly relevant to your posted question.

and again - i wish you a successful, fulfilling, enjoyable, but informed shopping experience,

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I love branded products. Tiffany has some really lovely offerings. In all honesty, I''d try to find this type of bracelet second hand--fill out the wish list on Signed Pieces and they''ll contact you ASAP when something comes in. You may end up waiting, but eventually it comes (got my T & C .50ctw diamond/plat cross there for a fraction of what I''d pay in the B & M). By that time--you''ll have more $$ saved!

cheers--Sharon

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/22/2009 4:48:54 PM
Author: swingirl
I see people of all ages shopping at Tiffany. They have lovely items.

Dreamgirl, I hope you get the bracelet you''ve had your eye on and enjoy wearing it. It''ll be a piece you appreciate and in 10 years it''ll bring back fond memories of your first job and 28th birthday.
THANK YOU!!!
4.gif
That''s what I like to hear..
3.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
deco- Guess I just wanted to see if other people thought it was a good idea to make a purchase like this given the story I gave. And I think ten years from now my thoughts and opinions wont change. Who knows..

whitby-
No worries. I appreciate it...

canuk-gal- Thanks!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
DG - hope you find what you are looking for

kindred

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I''m normally pretty cautious but if you''re saving 99% of your income and you promised yourself something nice to commemorate a year of working, I''d say this is a no brainer. Get something nice!
1.gif

Magpie09

Shiny_Rock
Just wanted to say if you love the Tiffany''s bracelet and saved up for it then you should go for it because it will be something symbolic for you (a year at your job).

Also if you have your heart set on Tiffany''s then you should buy from Tiffany''s because even if you buy a similar bracelet from somewhere else you may not feel the same way about it and if that''s the case then your better off buying something that you will love for many years to come rather than somehting cheaper that may not make you as happy. Just my 2 cents
1.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
thanks ladies!

Magpie09- I couldn''t agree more. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results