shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you all think? (yes, I''m asking for your thoughts please)

should I purchase a bracelet or not?

• Go for it! You only live once!

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Don''t do it because you will only feel guilty after!

• I could care less either way. I just want to see what everyone else voted...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LilyKat

Brilliant_Rock
I wonder if a picture/link of said item might help some of us make up our minds...

11.gif
(or maybe I''m just nosy)

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/19/2009 3:07:26 PM
Author: LilyKat
I wonder if a picture/link of said item might help some of us make up our minds...

11.gif
(or maybe I''m just nosy)
coming...
11.gif
11.gif
27.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Number 1...link

saidb01.jpg

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Number 2...link

saidb02.jpg

purselover

Ideal_Rock
definitely #2......but I would get it in silver not platinum for half the price .....or you could even get one in silver with 5 stones and it would still be less than the platinum 3 stones

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/19/2009 3:13:21 PM
Author: purselover
definitly #2......but I would get it in silver not platinum for half the price .....or you could even get one in silver with 5 stones and it would still be less than the platinum 3 stones
True. I've considered that as the silver ones are new. But I've always wanted platinum. I have nothing in platinum and I have tons of silver already. Plus I'd worry the silver would lose the diamonds...

ETA- The diamonds are smaller on the silver pieces as well. And for 3 diamonds in silver (.09ctw) its $425 so the way I see it is for one larger diamond .08ct and platinum its only $125 more. So I guess that's my justification on the silver ones vs. platinum ones.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
I said Go For It! When you have kids, you will feel too guilty to spend that on yourself, so get it now girl!!!!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/19/2009 3:21:58 PM
Author: steph72276
I said Go For It! When you have kids, you will feel too guilty to spend that on yourself, so get it now girl!!!!
ditto!
and I love #2

purselover

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/19/2009 3:14:26 PM
Author: Dreamgirl

Date: 6/19/2009 3:13:21 PM
Author: purselover
definitly #2......but I would get it in silver not platinum for half the price .....or you could even get one in silver with 5 stones and it would still be less than the platinum 3 stones
True. I''ve considered that as the silver ones are new. But I''ve always wanted platinum. I have nothing in platinum and I have tons of silver already. Plus I''d worry the silver would lose the diamonds...

ETA- The diamonds are smaller on the silver pieces as well. And for 3 diamonds in silver (.09ctw) its $425 so the way I see it is for one larger diamond .08ct and platinum its only $125 more. So I guess that''s my justification on the silver ones vs. platinum ones.
okay you twisted my arm, go for the platinum, if you''re going to make a big purchase like this you should go all the way!

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
The number 2 is a winner. I know it''s a lot of money, but you had been saving and you deserve it.
9.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
The sterling silver one has five diamonds & is only $625 ... the three diamond one is $425.

I dunno ... $900 seems a lot for a delicate chain bracelet like that. I think I'd want something more substantial if I was spending almost 1K.

But I vote to get yourself *something*. I waited 'til 30 & got one of the Tiffany Stainless tank bracelet watches I'd had my eye on for years. Still cherish it almost 12 yrs. later. Choose wisely!

ETA: I mean in the 1K range you could get a shared prong diamond bangle with a TON more bling. Check out Mara's on here somewhere (though hers might be more carat weight).

ksluice

Brilliant_Rock
I say #2 in platinum.

Oh, and Dream Girl, ask about a Tiffany''s "accommodation". They''ve been giving them lately. Were it me, I would go into the store and start by looking at the silver, and then ask to look at platinum and then drop the, "you know I would get the platinum, but its just a bit over my budget. is there any sort of an accommodation you could make so that i could get other?" Maybe they won''t do if for >1k items, but in this economy many stores have been authorized to give 10% to close a deal. Oh and if you get them to go more than 10% do tell!!
36.gif
36.gif

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I said yes as long as you have 6+ months of living expenses in savings (I think that is the standard these days).

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/19/2009 4:47:30 PM
Author: tyty333
I said yes as long as you have 6+ months of living expenses in savings (I think that is the standard these days).

Correct me if I''m wrong, Dreamgirl, but aren''t you living with your mom now? I don''t know if these "6 months - a year" living expenses rules are aimed toward Dreamgirl''s situation? Can you even be sure what "living expenses" would *be* if you''ve never lived on your own? (Not saying that''s your situation Dreamgirl ... but as a general thing for people living at home)

I think *personally* I''d be hesitant to make luxury purchases while still enjoying the benefits of living at home. If you''re doing so to save money for a house etc ... Cross purposes with goal etc. But on the otherhand I guess you only live once. Gah. Torn.

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
Assuming that you''ve been honest with yourself that the money is there, you''ve got enough in savings for the unexpected, your on top of all your bills...than your BF opinion shouldn''t play a part in it. It isn''t his money, you don''t have shared expenses that will get stiffed by the purchase etc...

Just because the overall economy isn''t doing so hot, if you are fine, you are fine.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/19/2009 4:37:30 PM
Author: TopoDazzle
I say #2 in platinum.

Oh, and Dream Girl, ask about a Tiffany''s ''accommodation''. They''ve been giving them lately. Were it me, I would go into the store and start by looking at the silver, and then ask to look at platinum and then drop the, ''you know I would get the platinum, but its just a bit over my budget. is there any sort of an accommodation you could make so that i could get other?'' Maybe they won''t do if for >1k items, but in this economy many stores have been authorized to give 10% to close a deal. Oh and if you get them to go more than 10% do tell!!
36.gif
36.gif
REALLY?!?!?
6.gif
I didn''t know ANYTHING about this. I''m such a terrible liar though.
20.gif
How do you know about this? Have you done it?

Hmmm....I guess I can look at the silver and say all that. But then I go from looking at silver costing much less to saying I want that $900 piece instead? Do you think that would work? They know me in the store so it''s not like I''m just some weirdo asking for a discount or anything. I had emailed my SA about it but she will be out of town and not there. Hmmmm.....assist me more with this!
31.gif
I''m very intrigued.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
DG, I know you looooooove Tiffany''s
2.gif
but you should really look at the value here! The DBTY from Whiteflash is the same price as the 3 stone from Tiff''s, but you get .5 carats of ACA delight!
30.gif
I''d sell an organ for it. Seriously.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for your other suggestions ladies but I''m stuck on this particular item. I''ve had my eye on the DBTY collection for years now. (a part of me knew by showing what it is I''ve got my eye on, I''d get other suggestions!) and I really do appreciate those suggestions but I''m sold *if I purchase that is* ha!
23.gif

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
The WF is DBTY. You just get about $500 worth of diamonds more.
2.gif
Since spending the money is your concern, I''d go for the most I could get!

LilyKat

Brilliant_Rock
Ooh, number 2 is beautiful
1.gif

I get the Tiffany thing so I won''t even try to suggest anywhere else! But I''d definitely try on the silver version, just in case.

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/19/2009 5:30:57 PM
Thanks for your other suggestions ladies but I''m stuck on this particular item. I''ve had my eye on the DBTY collection for years now. (a part of me knew by showing what it is I''ve got my eye on, I''d get other suggestions!) and I really do appreciate those suggestions but I''m sold *if I purchase that is* ha!
23.gif

So...you weren''t actually asking for our thoughts at all? If you were, the WF one gaby posted is gorgeous and substantial, plus decently priced for platinum. The Tiff one looks to me like a high school graduation present.

LilyKat

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/19/2009 5:52:08 PM
Author: swimmer

23.gif

So...you weren''t actually asking for our thoughts at all? If you were, the WF one gaby posted is gorgeous and substantial, plus decently priced for platinum. The Tiff one looks to me like a high school graduation present.

I think she was asking for thoughts on whether or not to buy it at all, rather than what to buy. I might have threadjacked by asking to see it. Sorry Dreamgirl!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok if you are stuck on this then why ask us??
33.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

23.gif

Erm, I think it was more of an "enable me" thread...and she''s gotta have that blue box.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/19/2009 5:28:23 PM
Author: sunnyd
DG, I know you looooooove Tiffany''s
2.gif
but you should really look at the value here! The DBTY from Whiteflash is the same price as the 3 stone from Tiff''s, but you get .5 carats of ACA delight!
30.gif
I''d sell an organ for it. Seriously.

*drool*

Anybody need a spleen?

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/19/2009 6:00:51 PM
Author: monarch64

23.gif

Erm, I think it was more of an ''enable me'' thread...and she''s gotta have that blue box.

Ah, OK. I didn''t realize that folks on here bought into that. That is what I get for hanging with the colored stone ladies.

Well, Good Luck with your bracelet dreamgirl!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Yeah so anyway..........I really do thank you all for your help. It was originally should I buy or not and then it turned into if I buy then which one. Still unsure what I will do but I do appreciate all the help! I thank you all again!

ETA- Knowing me, I'll end up not purchasing and wishing I had. Years pass by and then I wont be able to afford it and I'll regret not purchasing. That's usually me. lol Who knows!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Swimmer, DG is the resident Tiffany fanatic, if you couldn''t tell by her font color and avatar...
2.gif
I''m with you on the WF bracelet vs. the Tiff, but she ain''t havin'' it.

DG, China Glaze makes a Tiffany blue nail polish.
31.gif
If *scratch that* WHEN you buy the bracelet, we are going to need you to post pics with your fingernails manicured in Tiffany blue splendor. K? That would be pretty sweet.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results