shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you all think? (yes, I''m asking for your thoughts please)

should I purchase a bracelet or not?

• Go for it! You only live once!

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Don''t do it because you will only feel guilty after!

• I could care less either way. I just want to see what everyone else voted...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/19/2009 6:14:34 PM
Author: monarch64
Swimmer, DG is the resident Tiffany fanatic, if you couldn't tell by her font color and avatar...
2.gif
I'm with you on the WF bracelet vs. the Tiff, but she ain't havin' it.

DG, China Glaze makes a Tiffany blue nail polish.
31.gif
If *scratch that* WHEN you buy the bracelet, we are going to need you to post pics with your fingernails manicured in Tiffany blue splendor. K? That would be pretty sweet.
Admitted and guilty as charged.

You are going to CRACK UP when I tell you this. But my boyfriend bought me 3 bottles of that pretty polish last year. I've got it on the toes right this very moment!
6.gif
9.gif
Hilarious I know. But that's fine...
2.gif
Actually, a co-worker just noticed in the hallway and LOVED the color on them. Not sure I'd put it on the fingernails though. That might be a little too wild...
3.gif

Yeah....that's how I roll......

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/19/2009 6:17:40 PM
Author: Dreamgirl

Swimmer, DG is the resident Tiffany fanatic, if you couldn''t tell by her font color and avatar...
2.gif
I''m with you on the WF bracelet vs. the Tiff, but she ain''t havin'' it.

31.gif
If *scratch that* WHEN you buy the bracelet, we are going to need you to post pics with your fingernails manicured in Tiffany blue splendor. K? That would be pretty sweet.

You are going to CRACK UP when I tell you this. But my boyfriend bought me 3 bottles of that pretty polish last year. I''ve got it on the toes right this very moment!
6.gif
9.gif
Hilarious I know. But that''s fine...
2.gif
Actually, a co-worker just noticed in the hallway and LOVED the color on them. Not sure I''d put it on the fingernails though. That might be a little too wild...
3.gif

Yeah....that''s how I roll......
Oh my. Well, I''m sure Tiffany''s is pleased with all the advertising you''re doing for them! Wonder if you could add some white to the polish and lighten the color enough to make it not so shocking on your fingernails? Just a thought.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/19/2009 6:01:27 PM
Author: princesss

Date: 6/19/2009 5:28:23 PM
Author: sunnyd
DG, I know you looooooove Tiffany''s
2.gif
but you should really look at the value here! The DBTY from Whiteflash is the same price as the 3 stone from Tiff''s, but you get .5 carats of ACA delight!
30.gif
I''d sell an organ for it. Seriously.

*drool*

Anybody need a spleen?
I got a spare kidney!
31.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/19/2009 6:31:21 PM
Oh my. Well, I''m sure Tiffany''s is pleased with all the advertising you''re doing for them! Wonder if you could add some white to the polish and lighten the color enough to make it not so shocking on your fingernails? Just a thought.
haha! I usually keep my fingernail polish natural colors other than the toenails. It actually really does look pretty good on the toes for the summer though...

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/19/2009 6:34:20 PM

haha! I usually keep my fingernail polish natural colors other than the toenails. It actually really does look pretty good on the toes for the summer though...
Yeah, I''ve worn it before. I''m starting to think about giving myself a pedi. Ha!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/19/2009 6:32:14 PM

Date: 6/19/2009 6:01:27 PM
Author: princesss

Date: 6/19/2009 5:28:23 PM
DG, I know you looooooove Tiffany''s
2.gif
but you should really look at the value here! The DBTY from Whiteflash is the same price as the 3 stone from Tiff''s, but you get .5 carats of ACA delight!
30.gif
I''d sell an organ for it. Seriously.

*drool*

Anybody need a spleen?
I got a spare kidney!
31.gif
I have a spare arm...I mean, I really don''t need them both, just one to wear the bracelet on. Hee.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Don't know if you have made your decision yet or not OR if the blue box is a requirement, BUT you ought to contact Whiteflash, give them your budget and see what they could make up for you based on their Diamonds by the Yard bracelet. My guess is you'll get more for your money from them without the blue box. Theirs has 8 ACAs but they could make it with less to fit your budget.

Diamonds by the Yard bracelet from Whiteflash

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
You only live once-just get it. It''s less than one paycheck-that''s nothing in the scheme of things. And get the one with 3 diamonds if that''s what you really want. Spending $500 on something that''s not exactly what you want is a waste of $500.

ksluice

Brilliant_Rock

edit

31.gif

edit.

Yes, the BF got one on the ering. If your SA looks at you like
7.gif
when you use the word "accommodation", you can always say your friend was offered one in both the detroit and chicago stores...

And in this marvelous picture, I would like a little white stripe down the center of the robin''s egg blue. Just a fine little one on every nail
4.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/19/2009 7:41:35 PM
Author: TopoDazzle

edit

31.gif

edit.

Yes, the BF got one on the ering. If your SA looks at you like
7.gif
when you use the word ''accommodation'', you can always say your friend was offered one in both the detroit and chicago stores...

And in this marvelous picture, I would like a little white stripe down the center of the robin''s egg blue. Just a fine little one on every nail
4.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
*jumps up and down* YESYESYESYESYES!
9.gif
11.gif
9.gif

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
i said buy. i buy every chance i get!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
That WF DBTY is to die for. Man, if I weren''t trying to convince BF to get me a small cushion, I would totally be all over that!

DG, sorry, I''m in the enable camp. If you want it and can pay cash for it, I say get it.

3Rocks

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/19/2009 1:47:19 PM
Good point. But as I stated, I save most of my money that I make. It''s going towards the *get a nice house once married and travel places* fund. And to ME, this is a lot of money. Between $550-$900 plus tax. I don''t know if everyone considers that a lot or not but I do. lol It''s LESS than one paycheck right now. If I lose this job and get another one, it might not be affordable any longer. You know?
Do you mean that this bracelet is going to cost you $900 plus tax? Go for it then! Consider this: you''re only 28 once with good job and nice savings. What are you waiting for, girl?

Whatever your BF think is irrelevant. Do only what makes you happy!!!

3Rocks

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/19/2009 2:11:13 PM
3.gif

I would feel guilty for a while only because I normally don''t spend ANYTHING like that amount on myself. I just save it. So it would be hard to think I spent a larger amount of money than usual. But then I''d get over it because that money would just come right back in after the next paycheck and it would be like it were never missing. Well....Kinda.
I have the same problem also. It''s called buyers remorse. Don''t think too much of it. It will still be there but doesn''t mean you can''t have what you want.

3Rocks

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/19/2009 2:26:31 PM
Author: dreamer_dachsie

Date: 6/19/2009 2:13:52 PM
Author: purrfectpear
You talk a lot about savings but we don''t really have any idea how much you have saved (not really our business either
2.gif
).

I would only buy it if I knew I had an entire years worth of living expenses in the bank, period.
Wow, that is a very stringent rule!
Thats too much. It''s not like she has to buy diapers or milk. Those moments will come but now it is her moment. For crying out loud, she is going to be 28. Go on and celebrate your life!!!! Soon you''ll have more responsibility than your hands can take but now it is only you and you alone so splurge and enjoy your life!!!!!

Like someone very famous used to say, "you will regret more the things you didn''t do than the things you did do!"

3Rocks

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/19/2009 2:33:21 PM
Author: Dancing Fire
go for it!!
36.gif
money is made for spending.
2.gif
Ditto!

Question: Why do you save?
Answer: to spend later.

9.gif

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
He''s you''re boyfriend, not your husband or fiance (and you don''t live together, correct?). He has no say in how you spend your money. If you''ve got the money for it now, go for it. Every woman deserves to buy themselves a nice piece of jewelry and I guess your one year job anniversary is as good an occasion as any.

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
IMHO...

I would not spend the extra to get that bracelet in platinum when the silver one looks almost exactly the same. If you're stuck on that look, I'd get the silver one and keep saving up for a more sophisticated-looking one sometime in the future, maybe for a significant birthday (I think the Metro Bangle is gorgeous if you're set on Tiffany, and the 3-prong Diamond Tennis Bracelet is even better -- and much cheaper -- if you were willing to go with a different brand). Just my two cents, though.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
I turn 28 in July too! I say go for it, as long as it''s your money and you and your bf aren''t struggling to save up for anything specific. Why not?

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/19/2009 9:27:32 PM
Author: 3Rocks

Date: 6/19/2009 2:33:21 PM
Author: Dancing Fire
go for it!!
36.gif
money is made for spending.
2.gif
Ditto!

Question: Why do you save?
Answer: to spend later.

9.gif
This is a valid point. I saved a lot through my 20s. Even went without a car for a few years and got rides from other people or rode my bike. Because I was a saver in my 20''s (and still am for the most part), I got to do some really nice things in my 30''s for milestones that were actually milestones for me (i.e. having a child.) Plus I had money saved to help import my husband, lol.

I''m all for a splurge here and there and agree, you really are only single, stable and selfish (meaning don''t have to answer to anyone really) for such a short time in your life. If it makes you happy, get it. But trust me, there are many "occasions" that will come up to buy things. If you are rewarding yourself for turning 28 and for being at your job one year, I imagine you''ll find other opportunity to justify rewarding yourself.
2.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Thanks again everyone for your suggestions and help! This thread actually helped me out quite a bit in making a decision. So.....I''ve got good news and bad news:

Good news:
I went to Tiff''s yesterday
31.gif
had a blast and I HAVE decided that I will be purchasing one of the bracelets.

Bad news:
They only had one of each in stock (which I knew) and sold the one with 3 diamonds just a couple of hours before I got there that day!!!
32.gif
Oh man that made me so sad because my SA and I have been emailing back and fourth all last week and she was going on vacation Thursday and wont be back until July 13. She told me there were only one of each in the store and she could hold them for me and a manager could get them out for me when I got to the store. But because I was unsure if I would purchase I told her that was nice of her to offer but I''d just check them out when I got in. (They were under stock)

So...I tried on the single diamond bracelet and I loved it!!!
9.gif
I could purchase the 3 diamonds bracelet now and they can have one shipped to me but I didn''t want to do that without seeing it first. So I will be in contact with them when they get more in. This way I can compare the two in the store and then make a final decision!!! FF went with me and he actually really liked it too!!!
27.gif
I have a feeling I will like the 3 stone better but we will have to wait and see. I''ll also need it resized smaller because it''s too big right now.

Oh and I almost forgot, I looked at one of these in silver just for the heck of it and I don''t like the silver ones because the diamonds are much too small to even notice there is a diamond on the bracelet!

Anyway, thanks for all the help and I''ll keep you informed if/when I purchase one!!! Cause I''ll have tons of photos of course
2.gif

joelly

Ideal_Rock
31.gif

Date: 6/21/2009 3:36:15 PM
Thanks again everyone for your suggestions and help! This thread actually helped me out quite a bit in making a decision. So.....I''ve got good news and bad news:

Good news:
I went to Tiff''s yesterday had a blast and I HAVE decided that I will be purchasing one of the bracelets.

Bad news:
They only had one of each in stock (which I knew) and sold the one with 3 diamonds just a couple of hours before I got there that day!!!
32.gif
Oh man that made me so sad because my SA and I have been emailing back and fourth all last week and she was going on vacation Thursday and wont be back until July 13. She told me there were only one of each in the store and she could hold them for me and a manager could get them out for me when I got to the store. But because I was unsure if I would purchase I told her that was nice of her to offer but I''d just check them out when I got in. (They were under stock)

So...I tried on the single diamond bracelet and I loved it!!!
9.gif
I could purchase the 3 diamonds bracelet now and they can have one shipped to me but I didn''t want to do that without seeing it first. So I will be in contact with them when they get more in. This way I can compare the two in the store and then make a final decision!!! FF went with me and he actually really liked it too!!!
27.gif
I have a feeling I will like the 3 stone better but we will have to wait and see. I''ll also need it resized smaller because it''s too big right now.

Oh and I almost forgot, I looked at one of these in silver just for the heck of it and I don''t like the silver ones because the diamonds are much too small to even notice there is a diamond on the bracelet!

Anyway, thanks for all the help and I''ll keep you informed if/when I purchase one!!! Cause I''ll have tons of photos of course
2.gif
I am glad your FF is in it too, finally!!! IMO, this is the least he can do. The most he can do is chip in!
31.gif

tigian

Ideal_Rock
If you have an emergency fund that can cover 3-6 months of expenses and can buy the bracelet with cash, go for it! I was in the exact same dilemma in March wondering if I should buy diamond hoops. I was torn thinking how much I wanted to buy the hoops because I could afford to or putting the money away in savings.
I bought the hoops and wear them everyday! Now a few months later, I don''t regret it at all.
Let us know what you decide.

sparklyheart

Brilliant_Rock
DG, I don''t know how I missed this thread, but I''m glad you''re not giving up on your bracelet! I know you''re a Tiff''s girl and I don''t think you would be happy with anything less than the 3 stone in platinum. You''ve been waiting and saving for this, so just do it! I think you will cherish this forever especially since it will have so much meaning to you. Yeah you could go to WF as others have pointed out and get something more..substantial.. but it really doesn''t matter if it''s not what you want!! Plus, I''d get it now before the BF has a legitimate financial excuse to put his foot down.
31.gif
I''m a firm believer that birthdays are the greatest day of the year, so you need to celebrate it however you see fit.. For example, with a 3-stone platinum bracelet from Tiff''s
30.gif
Don''t forget to come back with pictures!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Thanks ladies! I hope they get some more in soon. Cause I told FF I'd be a little sad if I didn't get it for my birthday. If it were after, then it's "after the fact" you know what I mean? We will have to wait and see I guess....
5.gif
I'll call them later this week.

sparklyheart- Your right, I'm a Tiff's girl through and through. While I appreciate the sparklies from WF, it's just not the same (for me)
2.gif
Gotta have my Tiffany...

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/22/2009 11:04:06 AM
Thanks ladies! I hope they get some more in soon. Cause I told FF I''d be a little sad if I didn''t get it for my birthday. If it were after, then it''s ''after the fact'' you know what I mean? We will have to wait and see I guess....
5.gif
I''ll call them later this week.

sparklyheart- Your right, I''m a Tiff''s girl through and through. While I appreciate the sparklies from WF, it''s just not the same (for me)
2.gif
Gotta have my Tiffany...

Why?

hi DG. i''ve been following this thread and i''ve been a bit baffled as to what the appeal is. i became more baffled when you said you''d probably go for the three stone bracelet and - even more than that - that you weren''t fond of the silver bracelets, as it then became strikingly clear that you want a bracelet with more diamond in it. and that, of course, makes sense. so. if you want more diamond, and you want a bracelet which is more expensive looking because it HAS more diamonds, then, given that the WF one looks EXACTLY THE SAME, why do you not go with the bracelet with more diamonds, better quality, and over-all identical design? what EXACTLY does the word, Tiffany'', do for you? it adds nothing to the design, it decreases the CTW, it gives you lower quality stones, so where is the appeal?

i''m just baffled and i dont get it. i dont deny you the right to spend your money however you want - heck, if you want to go out the back and burn a thousand dollars, more power to you! but since you obviously want the blingiest bracelet you can get for your money, and you want a specific design, why not go for the bracelet in that design which IS the blingiest (and by a LONG shot, i might add.)

i just don''t get it. what''s the appeal?

and DG, with all due respect, and in the gentlest tone possible, i have to tell you that ''being a tiffany girl'' is kind of akin to being a bit of a consumer sucker. everybody who''s done their homework knows that tiffany is a triumph in good marketing and an exercise in price mark-ups. the people here who are trying to talk you into a higher quality, more substantial bracelet are trying to save you from making a big rookie error. tiffany is BUILT on the naive purchaser, the young lady who has bought into the advertising shtick and who hasn''t got her own tastes clearly defined sufficiently in her own head that she can resist an ad campaign which aggressively tries to sell her an inferior product at a higher price. granted, some of their designs are lovely. but when the design is interchangeable, as it is in this case....there''s no gain whatsoever.

some of the ladies here, including myself, have large jewelry collections, put together over decades. we''ve made every mistake in the book - including innocently buying into the hype which has nothing to do with jewelry, and everything to do with slick ad execs sitting behind closed doors and rubbing their hands. and we learnt from our mistakes, and learnt to come to a place like PriceScope so as to exchange information and not fall into the same holes again and again. and there''s probably some of us here, including myself, who wish we''d been as smart as some of the younger, savvy, consumer informed gals on PS who DID their homework and will NEVER crash into these pitfalls!

DG, i''d encourage you to emulate these smart young women, and ask yourself - ''why?'' because Tiffany is just a word; it''s not a doorway to class and happiness, not even a gateway to a superior product.

when all is said and done, those mark ups are based on smoke and mirrors. and it''s not your smoke and it''s not your mirrors. just your wallet.

wishing you well in making a smart, informed, educated, savvy decision,

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ditto every single word of Whitby''s post. In this particular instance, Tiffany''s does not make financial (or logical) sense.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree about the Tiffany''s not making financial or logical sense & the whole spiel on marketing & naivete etc. HOWEVER, I wonder if people around here react differently when there are diamonds involved. I don''t recall anyone ever talking someone into a knockoff of the Cartier Rolling Ring when they wanted the original. Food for thought.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/22/2009 2:56:22 PM
Author: FrekeChild
Ditto every single word of Whitby''s post. In this particular instance, Tiffany''s does not make financial (or logical) sense.
Ditto this.

Whitby, I completely agree with you, but I think all the reason in the world about Tiff''s isn''t going to work. Check out DreamGirl''s Who is Who thread. She wears Tiff''s perfume, her dream wedding theme is Tiffany''s blue, her dream ring is Tiff''s....

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/22/2009 3:09:42 PM
Author: decodelighted
I agree about the Tiffany''s not making financial or logical sense & the whole spiel on marketing & naivete etc. HOWEVER, I wonder if people around here react differently when there are diamonds involved. I don''t recall anyone ever talking someone into a knockoff of the Cartier Rolling Ring when they wanted the original. Food for thought.
I would try...just because I''ve researched the rolling ring, and am excited about it. I think for a plain rolling ring, any ring will do. But Cartier makes the best pave rolling rings I''ve seen.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results