shape
carat
color
clarity

What are your "special indulgences" besides fine jewelry?

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:shock: :lol:
20201214_190649[1].jpg

Yeah Ignore that shelf. I put this up in my closet JUST for perfume....lol and I put it in backwards. One day I'll change it out.

Bags, scarves and maybe shoes, in that order? Definitely bags and scarves, I don’t really buy a lot of footwear but I like NICE footwear.

Also kitchen equipment in general (my next splurge will be a sous vide machine)! But I really enjoy cooking so it makes sense.

Lastly; and this is a bit out of left field, I recently got into handloom traditional ethnic wear and I want to put together a small but really spectacular collection. Small because I don’t live back home and I have few chances to wear them, but at least there’s wedding season :D

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
D26434D2-A0C6-4FA9-9702-A749E9543AD0.jpeg
I *might* have a little vintage glassware thing going...

This isn’t even a tenth of the collection. Oy.

Oh. And rugs. If I pulled my rugs out of storage I could pave every inch of my current unit twice over.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lots of S***********e************X!

Bluemuse

Shiny_Rock
My special indulgences besides jewelry are:
-Art and Antiques

-Exercise-
I’ve belonged to various gyms consistently since my 20’s and more recently have a home exercise program that’s working great. I probably won’t go back to the gym since this is more convenient and as effective.
Plus I think I tended to overdo it at the gym which resulted in a knee injury last year. Not worth it at this stage of life.
Walking with my husband every morning rain or shine and some evenings too.
It all keeps me sane.

-Good food. I’m picky about what I eat and appreciate high quality foods.
Including good chocolate.

-cashmere sweaters, though I usually get them second hand. I have a collection. They are a true luxury to wear.

-scarves , lots of scarves

-good skin care products

-nice quality purses, not super high end, but nice ie Coach. I usually get a new one each year or so this time of year. I have a couple other brands like a Vintage Fendi purse. Above all they have to be comfortable to wear. Cross body all the way. I like to be hands free.

I think that’s it!

GreenPapaya

Brilliant_Rock
-Chocolates - love Leonidas hazelnut mix and neuhaus
-Love gadgets and electronics - i don't always buy the latest but have spent many hours reading and looking
-reading - I read several books a week and am usually reading a few at once
-I started jogging in late July/ early August and have amassed many outfits for Spring, Summer, Winter and Fall, rain, snow, etc. With matching sneakers, jackets...I don't like to jog but maybe soon I'll get better and enjoy it and it'll be my "thing" :roll2: (hoping anyway)
I also have a plant collection but there's only so much I can do in a small apartment...

It used to be kids clothes and stuff, but my kids are old enough to have opinions. They're no longer in activities or want anything much besides a new ipad every few years.

Oh my husband likes to buy me Swarovski figurines. I don't know why since I've never expressed an interest. I don't have a lot but maybe a dozen or so that are still in their boxes...

secretagentlaura

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I'm not really into designer anything besides jewelry, so I'm going to say that really nice travel is my special indulgence ( that I share with my husband and kids)! Haven't left my city since March of this year, of course, but I'm hoping that our private safari next August happens.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Where do you get your china? Is it all matching? I love hosting dinners and party’s but I didn’t register for China when I got married. I’ve been thinking about starting a little collection!

Generation boomer and their parents are all downsizing
You can get beautiful china at great prices on ebay, garage sales, through word of mouth
Even from antique, 2nd hand and charity shops

also put the word out to your family, friends, co workers etc
someone might have a set they don't use

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'll start. I confess I have a thing for both Avon and Tupperware.

Same! I keep all our gems and jewelry in a Tupperware tub. I can't wait 'til it's so full that it doesn't make any noise when I shake it!

No I don't. Is vintage Tupperware really your indulgence? I didn't know that was a thing. OK Le Creuset I kinda get. :cool2:

Actually: Little bit of wine. Good meals and ingredients. Good tires. Icebreaker.

Edit: ooh cameras -- but only ~ every five years or so.

Edit #2: oh and amazing dark chocolate

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Perfume :wavey:@arcadian , scented candles, nice tea, clothes, shoes, handbags ...skin care & make-up (much less since since I've found my true HG produclts)... chocolate ...
It looks like I have no impulse control:lol:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Perfume :wavey:@arcadian , scented candles, nice tea, clothes, shoes, handbags ...skin care & make-up (much less since since I've found my true HG produclts)... chocolate ...
It looks like I have no impulse control:lol:

Impulse control (IMO) is overrated. Enjoy! You deserve it. XO.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is insanely, ridiculously cool!

Thank you @mrs-b! When you visit we shall go for a spin :)

Great photos and amazing bikes!! Thanks for sharing. So nice you two share a hobby you can do together!

Thanks @siamese3. It is something we love doing together and it does bring us closer. Almost all our free time during nice (and sometimes not so nice) weather is spent cycling. Last year we reached 9300 miles cycling and I was hoping we could reach 9K by the end of this month but it isn't looking likely due to weather and also some health issues. But no complaints. 8800 plus miles isn't bad considering we didn't start cycling til mid/late May this year. Being in the NE doesn't allow us to cycle 12 months of the year unfortunately. I dream about how much we could cycle if we lived somewhere more mild all year round. But I digress.
I am glad you enjoy cycling too. It really is the closest thing to flying and still being on the ground.
:sun:

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Same! I keep all our gems and jewelry in a Tupperware tub. I can't wait 'til it's so full that it doesn't make any noise when I shake it!

No I don't. Is vintage Tupperware really your indulgence? I didn't know that was a thing. OK Le Creuset I kinda get. :cool2:

Actually: Little bit of wine. Good meals and ingredients. Good tires. Icebreaker.

Edit: ooh cameras -- but only ~ every five years or so.

Edit #2: oh and amazing dark chocolate

No, all of my listed preferences are items bought new to use.

But there probably are a lot of collectors of any brand that was very popular at one time, also more for nostalgic reasons than monetary value.

Did you mean you collect old tires?

Last edited:

Made in London

Brilliant_Rock
It would be easier to list what I don't indulge in!:bigsmile: But here are just a few of my passions, Antiques, crystal, silverware, silk scarves, clothes, makeup, perfume, jewels, collection of cashmere sweaters from Pure Collection, bags, shoes & all related stuff for the horses=)2

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
My indulgences vary, depending on who-knows-what! In random order:
- sparklies
- pearls
- shoes
- jackets/coats
- skincare
- hair product

And then there's bikes...

I've been mountain biking for a gazillion years and last year, hubs decided to surprise me with an e-bike (Specialized Levo). And this is my new Love. I adore that bike! I also have a Specialized Stumpjumper FSR that's been set up exactly like the Levo that I ride when I'm out with people who don't have e-bikes.

The Levo is my all-around fave and particularly great for when I'm out with the guys (only have one gal buddy who is just learning to ride trails). It's super-easy to keep up on the grunty uphills, and my fitness level has also increased.

And then, for winter ops, I have a Trek Farley 7 (fatbike), also set up like the other two. Ooooh, what a fab stable of bikes!!!

My DH is an amazing bike tech, by avocation. I never have to do anything, just get on an ride! Love, love, love it!

How wonderful! N+1.. we should make that a jewelry thing.. hehehehe..I love to mountain bike but don't do it enough. My bike shop said I would love a Levo! I have a specialized sworks epic (mtb.. but you probably knew that!) which is , a carbon fatboy, a diverge (gravel bike) and I have another road bike, a Ruby which is basically tricked out like my tarmac! I am addicted to electronic shifting, and have that on my gravel bike, as well as my tarmac. My hubs is finance only, only.. lol..) but I am an amazing bike shop, thankfully. I always wish I could ride out my door and get to some trails.. so lazy.. I choose my Tarmac most days because I can ride from home and since I don't work, I ride during the day and it's challenging to find someone to mtb with. I recently met a women who is my age who is an awesome rider and climber and am hoping we will get to ride together next year.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I love watches, jewelry, graphic arts, decorating the home, painting & drawing

And then the nerd me: building websites & programming

GreenPapaya

Brilliant_Rock
That's not weird! I used to collect flashlights, pocket knives and pocket tools when I was in the army. I think I owned almost every single leatherman out there...
When I go to the field I'll have so many knives and tools and stuff on me that it was such a pain to change clothes.

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
D26434D2-A0C6-4FA9-9702-A749E9543AD0.jpeg
I *might* have a little vintage glassware thing going...

This isn’t even a tenth of the collection. Oy.

Oh. And rugs. If I pulled my rugs out of storage I could pave every inch of my current unit twice over.

These are so pretty! Do you use them?

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
  • Skincare (kiels, dr haushka)
  • Food. I'm a food & beverage snob. Ooh especially Japanese whiskey
  • Eyeglasses - I get tension headaches from glasses, so I found the lightest, comfiest glasses brand - naturally I want 5+ pairs to mix it up! I am lusting after these at the moment in Lilac...
1608055639242.png
  • My biggest love, is lace up boots & leather goods. Especially American made boots. I got into men's shoes because I am so tall, I couldn't find women's shoes my size. These are my regulars - my Red Wings and my Wolverines. My bespoke Wescos aren't picured

IMG-4760.jpg

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
19th century paintings, China (I'm a dishaholic), antique pottery, Christmas, boots, coffee, and this guy.

20201212_184649.jpg

Gussie, he's gorgeous! love the eyes.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results