shape
carat
color
clarity

Unique... (acquired taste) confessions.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Prana

Brilliant_Rock
packrat- I like the earlier seasons as well, not so much the post-lottery seasons.

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
I love little Mermaid... I have an Ariel hairbrush, toothbrush, sleeping bag, and I''m sure there is more.

My BF keeps discovering little Ariel things that I have and he''s always amazed.

Keepingthefaith21

Brilliant_Rock
Music. I collect it in droves - I need 2 iPods just to keep it all together. We have two external hard drives so I can store all of it and back up the already backed up music. It''s a little scary - I almost always have music playing. When people sift through what is on my iPod I am frequently terribly embarassed as I have some very bad music choices on there.

But my weirdest confession has to be my obsession with Yankee Candle candles. I have jars of them all over the house yet I very rarely burn them. I have the jars stashed all over the house too - FI finds them in the strangest places. I must have at least 20 or 30 jars all over the house and only 2 of them have ever been burned. I guess I am convinced there will be some emergency need for wonderful smelling candles some day...

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oooh, I should have called this "your secret thrill" thread. LOL.

SO many confessions of things people do, say or have.

One of my nightgown straps tore off last night. Repaired it, but now I need another one as this is the third in 3 months I''ve managed to injure. I''ve had all of them for 5 plus years though... so add 5 years of washing with bleach and it''s time for new night gowns. Can''t wait.

AdiS

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/6/2009 12:23:41 PM
Author: somethingshiny
Italia~ I get junk and refinish it too! It''s my favorite hobby. I started building stuff with my dad when I was little, by the time I was 9 I was making Barbie furniture by myself and when I was 19 I restored my first antique, a lovely old buffet. Since then I''ve restored tables and chairs, cabinets and chests, hutches and buffets, and created a few things out of other broken items like plant stands and benches.

okay, I didn''t realize the following (which I do also) were a ''uniqueness''

-matching bras and underwear that also must match outfit
-I collect turtles....everything turtles....
-I put out my first snowman decorations when the first snow comes.....sometimes it''s October
-I do like Charlie and Lola, the backyardigans, and Joe from Blue''s Clues...
6.gif

-I also like sequins and I DO wear them. My favorite dress shoes are purpley sequin kitten heels. I also have a sequin belt but have yet to wear it.

Gosh, I must be a complete nut!
Oh, you do, really?! Well, now that you''ve mentioned it, I *might* have something like that Max Azria top in black that I wear from time to time...
17.gif
lol

img-maxazria.jpg

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/5/2009 10:36:44 PM
Author: szh07
If it were up to me, I would start decorating after Halloween. Maybe as soon as fall starts! I always get the silliest looks from my friends when I start scoping out ornaments in September.

I can''t help it, I just love Christmas!!

Trees, ornaments, cars, presents, hot chocolate, and most importantly the Christmas spirit, being kind and thankful.
4.gif
Me, too.....I''m ready after the 4th of July!
9.gif

Lori

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
DH and I collect Beanie Babies and have hundreds of them. Our computer room, the middle bedroom, has them stacked up on shelves that we had built just for them.

I wear muumuus almost all of the time. My favorite one is green and I sleep in it. My red one is for going out. I have other colors, but these are my favorites. The red one matches my lupus butterfly rash. They are cut low enough in the back to show off my tattoos....I get lots of stares.

I LOVE sparkly things and have lots of Urban Decay eye shadow, even though I can''t wear makeup any longer....I just like to look at it. Also, I have tons of loose rhinestones in little bags that I collect and stare at. I have bags and bags of sequins and like to stare at them, too.

As for undergarments, I must have black bras and black or pink panties.

I used to collect Barbies and had hundreds of them. Most are gone now....we needed a bigger house to contain all of my stuff. Now, I collect handmade artisan Barbie jewelry.

Still have all of my hundreds of angel figurines, though.
12.gif

Lori

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/7/2009 3:10:47 AM
Author: AdiS

Date: 7/6/2009 12:23:41 PM
Author: somethingshiny
Italia~ I get junk and refinish it too! It's my favorite hobby. I started building stuff with my dad when I was little, by the time I was 9 I was making Barbie furniture by myself and when I was 19 I restored my first antique, a lovely old buffet. Since then I've restored tables and chairs, cabinets and chests, hutches and buffets, and created a few things out of other broken items like plant stands and benches.

okay, I didn't realize the following (which I do also) were a 'uniqueness'

-matching bras and underwear that also must match outfit
-I collect turtles....everything turtles....
-I put out my first snowman decorations when the first snow comes.....sometimes it's October
-I do like Charlie and Lola, the backyardigans, and Joe from Blue's Clues...
6.gif

-I also like sequins and I DO wear them. My favorite dress shoes are purpley sequin kitten heels. I also have a sequin belt but have yet to wear it.

Gosh, I must be a complete nut!
Oh, you do, really?! Well, now that you've mentioned it, I *might* have something like that Max Azria top in black that I wear from time to time...
17.gif
lol
thats ONE SAUCY top mama!!!yowza must put a smile on a certain someones face!
31.gif

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
I like to sleep in /hides head.....little boy underoos

They are so comfy tho.... and I don''t know why.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/7/2009 9:40:23 AM
Author: ckrickett
I like to sleep in /hides head.....little boy underoos

They are so comfy tho.... and I don''t know why.
LOL! Love it!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Adi~ LOVE the top!

little boy undies??? I don''t see how those could be even in the realm of comfortable. What do you do with all the extra seaming and pocket??

Black Jade

Brilliant_Rock
Anything with Betty Boop on it.

April20

Ideal_Rock
I like those shows that come on Discovery Health or TLC about weird medical conditions. Really, really short people; really, really tall people; mermaid girl; tree man; you name it, I''ll watch it. My youngest sister loves these type shows too, so we blame it on genetics. DH just shakes his head and does not understand at all why I would choose to watch them.

I also LOVE The Price is Right. Though I don''t love it as much since Bob Barker left. I loved me some Bob.

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock
Oooh. I have another weird confession. I have alot.. I mean ALOT of band "wear". I say "wear" cuz it''s not just tshirts or even just clothing. I have tanks, pj bottoms, hoodies, bookbag(s) (from my high school days), buttons, earrings and even a pair of led zep undies :)

As far as actual band tshirts go, I could wear a different one every day for almost 2 months.. It''s pretty sad. I have EVERYTHING from AC/DC (probably 5 of these) to Zeppelin and everything in between. in high school I would pretty much wear a different one every day..

But for the past two years after getting a real job, I had to pack most of my rock gear away and dedicate my closet to dress clothes.
Who wants to have their interior designed by someone with a shirt that says "for those about to rock" or "nothing but a good time"? lol.

I love dressing up but it is VERY nice to get to wear my tshirts to concerts every once in awhile.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have a unicorn collection to rival the girliest 12 year old . . . pewter, crystal, wood, silver, porcelain . . . I have them all. Packed away. In, like, 3 different bins.

I think I let people''s opinions of the collection affect me, and I never unpacked them when we moved into the new house. If I have a daughter, I''m buying a tall glass case and putting them all int here!

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/7/2009 2:22:58 PM
Author: April20
I like those shows that come on Discovery Health or TLC about weird medical conditions. Really, really short people; really, really tall people; mermaid girl; tree man; you name it, I''ll watch it. My youngest sister loves these type shows too, so we blame it on genetics. DH just shakes his head and does not understand at all why I would choose to watch them.

Oh my gosh.. me too. Those shows boggle my mind!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/7/2009 11:26:55 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier
I have a unicorn collection to rival the girliest 12 year old . . . pewter, crystal, wood, silver, porcelain . . . I have them all. Packed away. In, like, 3 different bins.

I think I let people''s opinions of the collection affect me, and I never unpacked them when we moved into the new house. If I have a daughter, I''m buying a tall glass case and putting them all int here!
Aw... that stuff can be really neat!!

You better have a daughter....
19.gif

AdiS

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/7/2009 9:38:25 AM
Author: ckrickett

Date: 7/7/2009 3:10:47 AM
Author: AdiS

Oh, you do, really?! Well, now that you''ve mentioned it, I *might* have something like that Max Azria top in black that I wear from time to time...
17.gif
lol
thats ONE SAUCY top mama!!!yowza must put a smile on a certain someones face!
31.gif
Hahaha, ckrickett, yes, indeed!
9.gif
See, I told you-sequins make people happy!
3.gif
lol

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/5/2009 7:45:21 PM
Author: cellososweet
Date: 7/5/2009 11:50:13 AM

Author: Steel

Marmite.

18.gif

YES!!!!!!!! With cheese too? On toast?

Oh man, I''m so off to have a marmite and cheese sandwich now.

You aren''t a kiwi are you steel?

6.gif
vegimite is sooooo much better

I own a hello kitty toaster that toasts hello kitty onto your toast, reserved for when we put in a new kitchen and matching bed sheets that FI refuses to let me use because he doesn''t want to sleep under them, I am waiting to find the perfect fitted sheet for it then he can go sleep on the couch :razz:

I also have an unhealthly obbsession with BONDS boy leg underwear and hoodies, actually just binds in general I love their stuff
30.gif

Hera

Ideal_Rock

I''m very particular over my bed linens and I only prefer white, crispy sheets preferably in a polyester-cotton blend because they seem to be crispier that way.

I love movie cartoons and will go and see them myself if no one will go with me. Recently, I loved "Up" and "Ice Age" was cute.

I am an adventure gamer and I feel odd sometimes going into game stores because there''s usually only males and mothers buying their kids games.

I love petting zoos.

gummibear

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/5/2009 10:43:28 PM
Author: Linda W
My underwear has to match the clothes I am wearing. Yep, I am weird. Ha ha.
9.gif
I do this too!!

But most of the time I do it completely by accident and realize later in the day that, yes, I did it again! I think I get in color "moods" where I''m attracted to a specific color each day.

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/5/2009 11:54:08 AM
Author: packrat
I dig Roosters and Chickens. We'd hoped when we got married to be able to afford an acreage (didn't work) and we were going to have those chickens that have the crazy fluffy/spiky feathers on top. They were to be George, Viven, Phyllis and Diller. Instead..I decorated my kitchen with rooster/chicken stuff. Wallpaper, pictures, wall hangings..I got those wallies and put them on the ceiling fan, rooster/chicken fan pulls, had someone on ebay make outlet covers w/chicken fabric. I found a border I liked and cut it apart, and then put a big chicken on each of my cupboard doors. Dad and JD made me a cabinet w/glass doors and I put rooster/chicken figurines and stuffed animals in it. And I have Rooster stick ons in my kitchen sink..I forget what they're called..ohh Idea Stix I think.

It's been toned down now, but there's still quite a bit. Oh, and I named my dog Chicken.

And I have frogs in the bathroom..shower curtain and hooks, 3 frogs I hung on doors, and various figurines on shelves..and frog Idea Stix..on the sink, on the little trash can, around the bowl of the toilet, and along the front of the tub.

I'm a chicken collector as well. Seriously--I have so much random chicken stuff. Most of it stays in my craft room though.

Also, FI and I are both HUGE kitchen gadget collectors. I should just work at Sur La Table for the employee discount. Our latest acquisition is a cherry pitter. It is SO AWESOME. Seriously. We had friends over for the 4th of July and that was a huge hit. It inspired a friend with a cherry tree to invite us over this weekend to make cherry pie. Nom nom nom.

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
I love my down outerwear, and I pile tons of it on in the winter. Cold snowy day? I bust out my North Face puffy down jacket + North Face puffy down vest (yes, together) + down bucket hat + down mittens. I even have ridiculous-looking down booties I wear around the house with my flannel pajamas and big hooded fleece robe. Oh, and I also have a Snuggie that DH bought me as a joke, but I actually use it all the time [hangs head in shame]. I definitely love to bundle! When it comes to cold weather, function always wins over form for me.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bad disaster movies (I like the good ones, too
3.gif
).

I made my friends go to see 10,000 BC with me, and they all walked out trashing it. I had to say in a little squeaky voice "well, I kinda liked it..."
37.gif
oh, the looks they gave me!

Bad disaster movies, good disaster movies, decent disaster movies... especially anything apocalyptic in nature, I'll take it! LOVE that stuff!!!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/8/2009 5:43:23 PM
Author: musey
Bad disaster movies (I like the good ones, too
3.gif
).

I made my friends go to see 10,000 BC with me, and they all walked out trashing it. I had to say in a little squeaky voice ''well, I kinda liked it...''
37.gif
oh, the looks they gave me!

Bad disaster movies, good disaster movies, decent disaster movies... especially anything apocalyptic in nature, I''ll take it! LOVE that stuff!!!
Me, too Musey! I''m way into seeing them, but W hates that sort of thing so I have to rent them on the sly when I have some alone time with the DVR.
3.gif

lala2332

Brilliant_Rock
I love Bravo reality tv.
I wear two really bright colors together all the time...like a bright yellow sweater, jeans, and hot pink flats. Its my "thing" but I get wierd looks all the time.

I wear jeans all the time, to the fanciest restaurants...I don't care!

I like cheesy romance books, but only the ones set in Victorian england.

I love ABC Family tv movies. and the bad movies they show on TNT/TBS! (national treasure!!)

harry potter, twilight, anne rice, anita blake....give me witches/wizards and vampires!

and well...I would read all day almost everyday if I could....my sister is the only one who gets how much I love to read!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/8/2009 9:14:20 PM
Author: lala2332
I love Bravo reality tv.
I wear two really bright colors together all the time...like a bright yellow sweater, jeans, and hot pink flats. Its my ''thing'' but I get wierd looks all the time.

I wear jeans all the time, to the fanciest restaurants...I don''t care!

I like cheesy romance books, but only the ones set in Victorian england.

I love ABC Family tv movies. and the bad movies they show on TNT/TBS! (national treasure!!)

harry potter, twilight, anne rice, anita blake....give me witches/wizards and vampires!

and well...I would read all day almost everyday if I could....my sister is the only one who gets how much I love to read!
hahahaah YES!!!!

lala2332

Brilliant_Rock
ckrickette---we will need to recommend books for each other!

bebe

Ideal_Rock
I am always attracted to jackets. I have one side of my closet filled with them. But living in Houston doesn''t afford me many
opportunities to wear them.

I also have an affection for art glass. I have a collection of paperweights that I love. Anything glass I walk right up to.
Just today I ordered 2 glass perfume bottles from Pottery Barn''s clearance sale.

And I love dishes!! My breakfast table is always set. I''m constantly buying new chargers, placemats, etc...
We never eat there - instead eat at the island in our kitchen or in the family room in front of the TV.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is a funny thread I missed while away on vacation. Guess I''m dying to confess my weirdnesses anyhoo.

* have two gnome figurines in my yard that I try to pretend are "ironic"
* am inexplicably drawn to items bearing retro 50''s era female faces (sometimes whole ladies are okay too)
* like green cars even though I''ve become convinced they are unlucky (dark green at least)
* can''t get enough of quirky graphic lettering and/or metal signage.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results