shape
carat
color
clarity

Unique... (acquired taste) confessions.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
I own all three High School Musicals.

And I often watch the really stupid kid movies on Disney channel that are similar. My husband always laughs at me about it, and tries to take my remote, but I love them! They require no brain power at all, they are truly relaxing to watch lol.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
I
30.gif
anything beachy. I will buy anything beachy-blue. And seahorses are my weakness.

ETA:

I cannot believe I forgot my love of antiques.

I don't buy "furniture" but little pieces...and the more beat, the better. I restore them.

I've done a beautiful old cabinet, which is now my medicine cabinet in my bathroom. A linen ladder. A pine box, which now hold my accent bedroom pillows at night. And a trunk. The trunk was actually an amazing find. It's from the early 1800's and looks like an old treasure chest. It was left outside 2 years in the Chicago winter, and was coated in wall paper, contact paper, cloth and mold. It took weeks to strip, sand, seal and paint. Now it is crackle panted, has a padded bottom and is lined with bamboo. It holds my guest linens in my guest room!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Barbie and Hello Kitty cotton pj''s and granny undies purchased at Winners (like TJ Max''s)!

cheers--Sharon

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/5/2009 12:07:24 PM
Author: somethingshiny
Holiday themed socks. I can wear a different pair of Christmas socks every day of December. I have everything from trees, snowflakes, penguins, bells, Mickey Mouse, the Grinch, and on and on. I also have half a dozen pairs of Valentine''s socks and another few of Easter, just a couple of patriotic socks though because I usually wear sandals in the hot weather so I don''t get much use of them. Oh, and I do have some random Spring and Fall socks too.

Don''t judge me.
1.gif

Jeez - me too - except I wear the themed sock year round independent of the season! LOL!

And I do have a US flag enamel ring with little diamond eternity bands [that I forgot to take with me on the 4th - my bad] and a US flag bikini! And I''m wearing one of my US flag long sleeved tee shirts as I type.
9.gif

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like to give pets awesome names..drove my dad bonkers when I lived at home. ("Is there a REASON why you can''t pick a name like Snowflake or Blackie?") Last night JD and I were talking about possible names for the puppy we''re getting this fall, and I was telling him some of the names we''ve had for cats while growing up. (we became the "last resort" for a lot of cats, rather than have their owners leave them someplace or put them to sleep, we''d just take them. They were all outside cats, but had a chance at a longer life with us) JD started laughing and put his head in his hands and said "You know honey, someone couldn''t just ask you what you named your cat or dog. There''d always be a huge story behind it and they''d get more of an answer than they want" I can''t help it. Naming pets is serious business people!

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/5/2009 2:40:59 PM
Author: Gypsy
OMG! What a hilarious thread.

Wolftress, I have a bunch of stuff to re-gift to you. People always assume that because I have cats, I love cat stuff as well. And they buy adorable things for me, but except for some cat tree ornaments for Christmas I don''t really decorate with cat stuff, lovely as it is.

Ckricket... I had one I wore into the ground. It was purple and... so soft. Hmm... now that I think about it, what happended to that thing, it was so comfy!

Amethyste, I love flowers and just realized I need some flower painted shoes!

Neatfreak. Aren''t they the best? Oh I love them! I don''t watch much reality TV, but occassionally flipping channels I come accross some of the MV shows and have to admit I wonder whose watching. Now I know!!! LOL

Lorelei... ROFLMAO. You KNOW we need pics right? Please?

Michelle (confesses) I''ve been thinking that one little tasteful Christmas sweater wouldn''t hurt to own myself!

Steel... God bless you. I can''t do it. Have tried, but just can''t!

Packrat, I really want to see your house now. But really the fact that you named your dog Chicken had me howling.

No judging Shiny, I hate socks period, but do own one pair of mickey mouse ones with hearts on them which are the only ones I''ll wear. Especially at the gym.
9.gif

Bizou... come on now.... how does this flamingo fascination manifest itself??? Do you have yard ornaments? Pink flamingo wall paper in your bathroom??? Inquiring minds, you know.

And since I promised pics:

Summer ( I have an assortment of ones just like this): http://www.serenecomfort.com/Eileen-West-Sleeveless-Ballet-Cotton-Nightgown---White-with-Pink-Eyelet-Trim-P2001C0.aspx

And winter... I have a few that are like this (and some of them even have purple and blue flower patterns
emembarrassed.gif
) http://www.serenecomfort.com/Hanro-Mercerized-Egyptian-Cotton-Lace-Long-Nightgown---in-White-Size-XL-Only-P1889C89.aspx
Gypsy, no one ever gives me cat stuff! It''s like they''re trying to ignore my cat madness. What I really want for Christmas this year are these!

il_430xN_78539094.jpg

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/5/2009 5:07:21 PM
Author: Lilac
I love Winnie-the-Pooh! My husband just gave me a Winnie-the-Pooh place mat to eat dinner on and 2 Winnie-the-Pooh mugs. At my wedding as a joke one of my friends brought a Winnie-the-Pooh big necklace and put it around my neck for a little while during the dancing.

I used to have around 15 different Pooh bear stuffed animals when I was younger - you would think I would grow out of it, but I guess not because I still love Winnie-the-Pooh stuff! I just think he''s soo cute...
3.gif
4.gif

(and as long as I''m admitting this, I guess I might as well go a step further... I watched a Winnie-the-Pooh cartoon the other day. Yes, I actually watched a CARTOON of a bear and very much enjoyed it.
37.gif
)
Lilac, I love Winnie the Pooh too!!!! I was so happy when the publishing company I work for won the rights to produce Pooh novelty products. Everyone at work thinks I''m mad because I want to work on Winnie the Pooh everything!

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
If it were up to me, I would start decorating after Halloween. Maybe as soon as fall starts! I always get the silliest looks from my friends when I start scoping out ornaments in September.

I can''t help it, I just love Christmas!!

Trees, ornaments, cars, presents, hot chocolate, and most importantly the Christmas spirit, being kind and thankful.
4.gif

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/5/2009 10:38:51 AM
Author: Catmom
Ummmm...........I can''t believe I''m saying this.........................Christmas sweaters. I can''t help it. I love Christmas and everything to do with Christmas. I like to think my sweaters aren''t too terribly tacky but I''m sure I''m just deluding myself.
25.gif
9.gif

I like Christmas sweaters too!!!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
My underwear has to match the clothes I am wearing. Yep, I am weird. Ha ha.
9.gif

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/5/2009 10:43:28 PM
Author: Linda W
9.gif
nothing wrong with that!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love watching Charlie and Lola (cartoon on Disney) with my daughter. Lola kinda reminds me of London, and it''s just the cutest cartoon. And I like the songs they sing on The Backyardigans..and I have a crush on Murray Wiggle.

disney777

Rough_Rock
Crocs. I can''t get enough of them. I have about 50 pairs. Did you know they make heels also? They are so comfy I can''t wear anything else.
Also, Eeyore. He goes on every trip with me. I have a small one for carry-on luggage, and a bigger one for suitcase trips. For overnight roadtrips to Disneyland, I have a large sleepy time Eeyore. He has a night shirt and night cap!

I want to see the worms, also!

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock
ok. my weird thing is that when I find an article of clothing that I like, and it''s available in more than one color, I tend to buy several of them!

It started when I was in middle school. I found a tank top that I loved at Limited Too (wow!) and bought it in both colors.

Now, I''m kinda obsessed.

Like this bra from vicky''s secret:
http://www2.victoriassecret.com/commerce/onlineProductDisplay.vs?namespace=productDisplay&origin=onlineProductDisplay.jsp&event=display&prnbr=CU-200863&page=1&cgname=OSBRPSXYZZZ&rfnbr=5714
I have it in at least 7 colors.. I bought them over the course of 3 years. Every time I walked into the store and saw they had a new color in, all I had to do was rummage through the drawers until I found my 36C and walk straight up to the counter. I giggle to myself when the sales ladies ask me if I want to try it on.
3.gif

I actually did this today... I went to Kohl''s and bought a shirt in blue that I had bought in black last week.. and I also picked up the same pair of shorts in two different colors.

I''m especially bad when it comes to camis. I have four different "sets" of camis in three to eight different colors.

It''s pretty ridiculous. and bf teases me about it. but when I find something I like and that I look good in, I can''t help but buy it in lots of colors!
4.gif

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
single origin espresso.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love to drink milk while eating things like pizza, steak, pickles, etc. It really grosses out DH, but I can''t help it--I love it!

And I love green shoes. My students always make fun of me when I wear my green cowboy boots.

AdiS

Brilliant_Rock
Socks… pink socks, to be more specific. Let me just say that I HATE pink, I hate it with passion. Unless it’s pink socks. I have hundreds of them, with flowers, animals of all kinds and what not. DH thinks it’s hysterical and he feeds the monster by buying me more and more each time he goes out shopping.

I love junk food, Big Mac, fries and all. I can eat it 7 days a week. I know, I know. Bad AdiS.

Also, I… ahem… I like sequin. *blushes* On dresses, shoes, purses, anything really. I usually don’t buy them and I most certainly would never wear them, but I can at least watch and enjoy, right? Hey, don’t judge, it sparkles!!!
3.gif

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/5/2009 10:43:28 PM
Author: Linda W
9.gif
I totally do this too and I match my bra to my outfits!
1.gif

I guess the only other thing I can think of is that I''m a total neatfreak. I LOVE
30.gif
organization and if I don''t use something for 6 or more months, it''s typically donated.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/5/2009 8:16:31 PM
Author: canuk-gal
HI:

Barbie and Hello Kitty cotton pj''s and granny undies purchased at Winners (like TJ Max''s)!

cheers--Sharon

Eeee, I am all about Hello Kitty! I am DYING for one of the HK pendants, but I also have a little stuffed HK dressed like Little Red Riding Hood on my desk at work - and my husband bought it for me
30.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/6/2009 8:58:48 AM
I guess the only other thing I can think of is that I''m a total neatfreak. I LOVE
30.gif
organization and if I don''t use something for 6 or more months, it''s typically donated.

We must be long lost twins. I just brought a huge bag of stuff to Goodwill yesterday and I made a trip only a few months ago! I LOVE to purge my house!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/6/2009 9:38:23 AM
Author: neatfreak

Date: 7/6/2009 8:58:48 AM
30.gif

We must be long lost twins. I just brought a huge bag of stuff to Goodwill yesterday and I made a trip only a few months ago! I LOVE to purge my house!
I''m a total neat nut too when it comes to my clothes and personal things. If you open any drawer in my dresser, everything is ironed and folded and looks like a store shelf, but I''ve never thought of this as an obesssion or an aquired taste because I''ve been like this my whole life. Even as a kid. I was sort of the Alex P. Keaton type.

And Linda, I do like my unmentionables to coordinate with my clothing too! Victoria''s Secret loves me.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I have a secret obsession with the show Degrassi. Sometimes I''ll go on binges and watch a ton of episodes, but then I''ll lay off for a while when everything is a repeat.

Like SDL, I love naming my pets people names. My bunny''s name is Otto and people always seem to ask if there''s a reason he''s named that ... uh, it''s a cool name? I don''t have any other reason.

While we''re on the subject of weird underwear preferences, I can only wear thong style underwear {{blushes}}. My girlfriends in high schoo made me try them, and I''ve never gone back. The other kinds feel really uncomfortable to me now.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/5/2009 10:42:40 AM
Author: Lorelei

Date: 7/5/2009 10:38:51 AM
Author: Catmom
Ummmm...........I can''t believe I''m saying this.........................Christmas sweaters. I can''t help it. I love Christmas and everything to do with Christmas. I like to think my sweaters aren''t too terribly tacky but I''m sure I''m just deluding myself.
25.gif
9.gif
Michelle, do your Christmas sweaters look anything like this beauty?
28.gif

lovelyholidaysweater.jpg
That is what we would term a ''No Dad'' sweater.

''No Dad! Please don''t make me wear this sweater!!''

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I love and collect pigs. Pig figurines, paintings, door stops, paper weights, you name it. I have a blue murano glass pig vase.....

toe socks

The next one is mainly a gender issue more than anything. I love baseball caps. I have tons, football, camoflage, john deer, you name it. TONS

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ahhh, Christmas sweaters and holiday themed socks! Not for me, really, but one of my aunts loves to wear them. She also wears holiday themed earrings.

I don''t have anything really unusual that I own or wear, but I love bundling up in fleece or sweat pants/shirts at home if I''m cold (and I''m always cold). I have a feeling that I may break that habit now that we''ve moved to a warmer climate but we''ll see.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Italia~ I get junk and refinish it too! It''s my favorite hobby. I started building stuff with my dad when I was little, by the time I was 9 I was making Barbie furniture by myself and when I was 19 I restored my first antique, a lovely old buffet. Since then I''ve restored tables and chairs, cabinets and chests, hutches and buffets, and created a few things out of other broken items like plant stands and benches.

okay, I didn''t realize the following (which I do also) were a "uniqueness"

-matching bras and underwear that also must match outfit
-I collect turtles....everything turtles....
-I put out my first snowman decorations when the first snow comes.....sometimes it''s October
-I do like Charlie and Lola, the backyardigans, and Joe from Blue''s Clues...
6.gif

-I also like sequins and I DO wear them. My favorite dress shoes are purpley sequin kitten heels. I also have a sequin belt but have yet to wear it.

Gosh, I must be a complete nut!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/6/2009 12:59:11 AM
Author: jaylex
ok. my weird thing is that when I find an article of clothing that I like, and it''s available in more than one color, I tend to buy several of them!
I do this too! I must have 8 million and 4 different colored V necks. And dress shirts. And... yeah.

The thing I was really thinking of is that despite the fact that I look fairly normal... I''m a Gamer. As in, own my own massive gaming rig, Co-Guild Master of a Guild on Warhammer Online, spent the whole weekend raiding... yeah...

aeterna.JPG

Prana

Brilliant_Rock
Although I''m not afraid to admit it, and people think that I''m a wack when they find out, but Roseanne, the TV show is my vice. I will watch the marathons, I own every episode on DVD plus all the holiday compilations. I also love the Golden Girls. I find both shows very relaxing. When I was in nursing school, the only thing I could tolerate to watch or as background noise was Roseanne. lol.

I also have a thing for leopard print, there is very little of it in my house, but if I lived alone, my whole house would be leopard print. I forced myself to stop wearing it a few years back....

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/6/2009 1:42:46 PM
Author: girlface
Although I''m not afraid to admit it, and people think that I''m a wack when they find out, but Roseanne, the TV show is my vice. I will watch the marathons, I own every episode on DVD plus all the holiday compilations. I also love the Golden Girls. I find both shows very relaxing. When I was in nursing school, the only thing I could tolerate to watch or as background noise was Roseanne. lol.

I also have a thing for leopard print, there is very little of it in my house, but if I lived alone, my whole house would be leopard print. I forced myself to stop wearing it a few years back....

We are HUGE fans of Roseanne and the Golden Girls here too! The earlier seasons of Roseanne were my favorites..once they won the lottery I didn''t care for it as much. I love weekends and holidays when they do marathons! We''re collecting Frasier on dvd right now, and once we''re done, I think we''ll start on these shows!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/6/2009 12:59:11 AM
Author: jaylex

It started when I was in middle school. I found a tank top that I loved at Limited Too (wow!) and bought it in both colors.

Now, I''m kinda obsessed.

Like this bra from vicky''s secret:

http://www2.victoriassecret.com/commerce/onlineProductDisplay.vs?namespace=productDisplay&origin=onlineProductDisplay.jsp&event=display&prnbr=CU-200863&page=1&cgname=OSBRPSXYZZZ&rfnbr=5714

I have it in at least 7 colors.. I bought them over the course of 3 years. Every time I walked into the store and saw they had a new color in, all I had to do was rummage through the drawers until I found my 36C and walk straight up to the counter. I giggle to myself when the sales ladies ask me if I want to try it on.
3.gif

I actually did this today... I went to Kohl''s and bought a shirt in blue that I had bought in black last week.. and I also picked up the same pair of shorts in two different colors.

I''m especially bad when it comes to camis. I have four different ''sets'' of camis in three to eight different colors.

It''s pretty ridiculous. and bf teases me about it. but when I find something I like and that I look good in, I can''t help but buy it in lots of colors!
4.gif

ACK!!!! I do that too, but not from Victorias Secret.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results