shape
carat
color
clarity

Unique... (acquired taste) confessions.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay, so give it up. What thing to do you secretly like (doesn''t have to be jewelry) that you KNOW that people would give (or have given) you "that look" (you know the one that says your crazy and have no taste) for?

You know what I mean... the giant paved octapus ring with the glowing pink eyes?

That velour jumpsuit in red cheetah print?

Those neon orange (jailhouse jumpsuit) victorian lace up patent boots that cost 500 and match nothing, but you had to have?

Come folks, you know you''ve got em... or want them.

Share (with pics) if possible.

I have an attraction for cotton lawn granny nightgowns. I will post pics, I promise.
31.gif

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, I''ll bite
2.gif

I have a mad obsession with anything that has a cat on it. If I could get away with it, I would wear kitty cat outfits, cat shoes, cat mittens. DH and I are crazy cat people with our three moggies, we already get strange stares when we tell people how many we have. I think wearing a cat jumper to work would just push things over the edge
4.gif

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Really.... ugly..... flannel shirts! /hides head in shame.
My poor poor SO I try not to wear them alot but everytime I wear them it looks like I ripped his heartout.

but I love them, and I have SO MANY.
I blame my youth. I listened to all that grundge music.... it''s ruined me!

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
anything flowers!!!!!
I have those whole wooden shoes that are hand painted with flowers and I wear them at least 5 times a year especially when its really cold outside, and when I do, my husband cringes!!! They are totally humongeous on my feet but man oh man, they are soooooo warm!!!!

He still loves me, he''s a keeper.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/5/2009 3:49:06 AM
Author:Gypsy
I have an attraction for cotton lawn granny nightgowns. I will post pics, I promise.
31.gif

LOL. I totally love these too! When i was pregnant I let myself wear one of these every night. It was heaven. I told my DH that nothing else fit.
11.gif

Let''s see-otherwise I don''t have anything really clothing or jewelry wise. I think I have pretty good and normal taste in that stuff.

But I irrationally love almost every reality TV show on MTV (except the really bad dating ones-even I have a line!) I know my friends roll their eyes at me for watching those things. But I love em!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have been known to wear white socks with loafers.....
28.gif

My pink stiletto heeled knee high boots....
23.gif

Victorian Little House on the Prairie boots
32.gif
( as mentioned by Gyppers, I actually have 2 pairs, one in black and one in purple).

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ummmm...........I can''t believe I''m saying this.........................Christmas sweaters. I can''t help it. I love Christmas and everything to do with Christmas. I like to think my sweaters aren''t too terribly tacky but I''m sure I''m just deluding myself.
25.gif
9.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/5/2009 10:38:51 AM
Author: Catmom
Ummmm...........I can't believe I'm saying this.........................Christmas sweaters. I can't help it. I love Christmas and everything to do with Christmas. I like to think my sweaters aren't too terribly tacky but I'm sure I'm just deluding myself.
25.gif
9.gif
Michelle, do your Christmas sweaters look anything like this beauty?
28.gif

lovelyholidaysweater.jpg

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Marmite.

18.gif

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I dig Roosters and Chickens. We''d hoped when we got married to be able to afford an acreage (didn''t work) and we were going to have those chickens that have the crazy fluffy/spiky feathers on top. They were to be George, Viven, Phyllis and Diller. Instead..I decorated my kitchen with rooster/chicken stuff. Wallpaper, pictures, wall hangings..I got those wallies and put them on the ceiling fan, rooster/chicken fan pulls, had someone on ebay make outlet covers w/chicken fabric. I found a border I liked and cut it apart, and then put a big chicken on each of my cupboard doors. Dad and JD made me a cabinet w/glass doors and I put rooster/chicken figurines and stuffed animals in it. And I have Rooster stick ons in my kitchen sink..I forget what they''re called..ohh Idea Stix I think.

It''s been toned down now, but there''s still quite a bit. Oh, and I named my dog Chicken.

And I have frogs in the bathroom..shower curtain and hooks, 3 frogs I hung on doors, and various figurines on shelves..and frog Idea Stix..on the sink, on the little trash can, around the bowl of the toilet, and along the front of the tub.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Holiday themed socks. I can wear a different pair of Christmas socks every day of December. I have everything from trees, snowflakes, penguins, bells, Mickey Mouse, the Grinch, and on and on. I also have half a dozen pairs of Valentine''s socks and another few of Easter, just a couple of patriotic socks though because I usually wear sandals in the hot weather so I don''t get much use of them. Oh, and I do have some random Spring and Fall socks too.

Don''t judge me.

1.gif

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/5/2009 10:16:02 AM
Author: Lorelei
28.gif

23.gif

32.gif
( as mentioned by Gyppers, I actually have 2 pairs, one in black and one in purple).
6.gif
9.gif
36.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/5/2009 1:06:58 PM
Author: risingsun

Date: 7/5/2009 10:16:02 AM
28.gif

23.gif

32.gif
6.gif
9.gif
36.gif
bat%20eyes3.gif

Efe

Brilliant_Rock
I love pink flamingos and I am obsessed with miniature oil paintings.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG! What a hilarious thread.

Wolftress, I have a bunch of stuff to re-gift to you. People always assume that because I have cats, I love cat stuff as well. And they buy adorable things for me, but except for some cat tree ornaments for Christmas I don't really decorate with cat stuff, lovely as it is.

Ckricket... I had one I wore into the ground. It was purple and... so soft. Hmm... now that I think about it, what happended to that thing, it was so comfy!

Amethyste, I love flowers and just realized I need some flower painted shoes!

Neatfreak. Aren't they the best? Oh I love them! I don't watch much reality TV, but occassionally flipping channels I come accross some of the MV shows and have to admit I wonder whose watching. Now I know!!! LOL

Lorelei... ROFLMAO. You KNOW we need pics right? Please?

Michelle (confesses) I've been thinking that one little tasteful Christmas sweater wouldn't hurt to own myself!

Steel... God bless you. I can't do it. Have tried, but just can't!

Packrat, I really want to see your house now. But really the fact that you named your dog Chicken had me howling.

No judging Shiny, I hate socks period, but do own one pair of mickey mouse ones with hearts on them which are the only ones I'll wear. Especially at the gym.
9.gif

Bizou... come on now.... how does this flamingo fascination manifest itself??? Do you have yard ornaments? Pink flamingo wall paper in your bathroom??? Inquiring minds, you know.

And since I promised pics:

Summer ( I have an assortment of ones just like this): http://www.serenecomfort.com/Eileen-West-Sleeveless-Ballet-Cotton-Nightgown---White-with-Pink-Eyelet-Trim-P2001C0.aspx

And winter... I have a few that are like this (and some of them even have purple and blue flower patterns
emembarrassed.gif
) http://www.serenecomfort.com/Hanro-Mercerized-Egyptian-Cotton-Lace-Long-Nightgown---in-White-Size-XL-Only-P1889C89.aspx

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I still use my Beanie Baby Mastercard, and yes, it does get that look.
20.gif

April20

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/5/2009 11:54:08 AM
Author: packrat
I dig Roosters and Chickens. We''d hoped when we got married to be able to afford an acreage (didn''t work) and we were going to have those chickens that have the crazy fluffy/spiky feathers on top. They were to be George, Viven, Phyllis and Diller. Instead..I decorated my kitchen with rooster/chicken stuff. Wallpaper, pictures, wall hangings..I got those wallies and put them on the ceiling fan, rooster/chicken fan pulls, had someone on ebay make outlet covers w/chicken fabric. I found a border I liked and cut it apart, and then put a big chicken on each of my cupboard doors. Dad and JD made me a cabinet w/glass doors and I put rooster/chicken figurines and stuffed animals in it. And I have Rooster stick ons in my kitchen sink..I forget what they''re called..ohh Idea Stix I think.

It''s been toned down now, but there''s still quite a bit. Oh, and I named my dog Chicken.

And I have frogs in the bathroom..shower curtain and hooks, 3 frogs I hung on doors, and various figurines on shelves..and frog Idea Stix..on the sink, on the little trash can, around the bowl of the toilet, and along the front of the tub.
My sister has a cat named chicken.
1.gif

I have a rooster in my living room that''s made from scrap metal. He stands about 2'' tall. His name is Hank. Love him. He''s the only rooster thing I have though.

Efe

Brilliant_Rock
Bizou... come on now.... how does this flamingo fascination manifest itself??? Do you have yard ornaments? Pink flamingo wall paper in your bathroom??? Inquiring minds, you know.
Alas, I am now down to my pink flamingo coffee cups and napkin rings. Oh, and my socks.

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
I love Winnie-the-Pooh! My husband just gave me a Winnie-the-Pooh place mat to eat dinner on and 2 Winnie-the-Pooh mugs. At my wedding as a joke one of my friends brought a Winnie-the-Pooh big necklace and put it around my neck for a little while during the dancing.

I used to have around 15 different Pooh bear stuffed animals when I was younger - you would think I would grow out of it, but I guess not because I still love Winnie-the-Pooh stuff! I just think he''s soo cute...
3.gif
4.gif

(and as long as I''m admitting this, I guess I might as well go a step further... I watched a Winnie-the-Pooh cartoon the other day. Yes, I actually watched a CARTOON of a bear and very much enjoyed it.
37.gif
)

Scorpioanne

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/5/2009 6:25:51 AM
Author: wolftress
Ok, I''ll bite
2.gif

I have a mad obsession with anything that has a cat on it. If I could get away with it, I would wear kitty cat outfits, cat shoes, cat mittens. DH and I are crazy cat people with our three moggies, we already get strange stares when we tell people how many we have. I think wearing a cat jumper to work would just push things over the edge
4.gif
Me too, me too (though I only have one cat and a grandcat).

Scorpioanne

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/5/2009 1:46:36 PM
Author: BizouMom
I love pink flamingos and I am obsessed with miniature oil paintings.
One day about 7 years ago I saw a flamingo at a home improvement store and figured my pal Cate would like it. I drove by her house and stuck it in her flowerbed, a drive by famingoing as it were. Since then I have gotten her all kinds of flamingo things for all kinds of occasions. If she doesn''t like them she has been too polite to say
11.gif

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Well none of that has made my eyes roll. And yes I dig the granny nightie and I eat marmite!

But fessup if your eyes roll when I tell you I keep worms in my house (front hall - on full display!)

Want to see a pic?

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/5/2009 10:42:40 AM

Date: 7/5/2009 10:38:51 AM
Author: Catmom
Ummmm...........I can't believe I'm saying this.........................Christmas sweaters. I can't help it. I love Christmas and everything to do with Christmas. I like to think my sweaters aren't too terribly tacky but I'm sure I'm just deluding myself.
25.gif
9.gif
Michelle, do your Christmas sweaters look anything like this beauty?
28.gif

lovelyholidaysweater.jpg
SNORT.............NO!
6.gif

More like this.........

cmsxmas2008.jpg

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/5/2009 12:07:24 PM
Author: somethingshiny
Holiday themed socks. I can wear a different pair of Christmas socks every day of December. I have everything from trees, snowflakes, penguins, bells, Mickey Mouse, the Grinch, and on and on. I also have half a dozen pairs of Valentine''s socks and another few of Easter, just a couple of patriotic socks though because I usually wear sandals in the hot weather so I don''t get much use of them. Oh, and I do have some random Spring and Fall socks too.

Don''t judge me.

1.gif
Umm.......I have at least 30 pairs of xmas socks...............
6.gif

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/5/2009 5:07:21 PM
Author: Lilac
I love Winnie-the-Pooh! My husband just gave me a Winnie-the-Pooh place mat to eat dinner on and 2 Winnie-the-Pooh mugs. At my wedding as a joke one of my friends brought a Winnie-the-Pooh big necklace and put it around my neck for a little while during the dancing.

I used to have around 15 different Pooh bear stuffed animals when I was younger - you would think I would grow out of it, but I guess not because I still love Winnie-the-Pooh stuff! I just think he''s soo cute...
3.gif
4.gif

(and as long as I''m admitting this, I guess I might as well go a step further... I watched a Winnie-the-Pooh cartoon the other day. Yes, I actually watched a CARTOON of a bear and very much enjoyed it.
37.gif
)

I''m a Tigger girl, myself! I have a few stuffed Tiggers and various other things of the Tigger nature..and a Tigger tattoo even. Mom bought me footie jammies that have Tigger and Pooh on them...and I''ve seen the Tigger Movie about 5 times!

You''re right-they are very cute! Hard to resist, even as an adult!

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/5/2009 2:40:59 PM
Author: Gypsy
OMG! What a hilarious thread.

And since I promised pics:

Summer ( I have an assortment of ones just like this): http://www.serenecomfort.com/Eileen-West-Sleeveless-Ballet-Cotton-Nightgown---White-with-Pink-Eyelet-Trim-P2001C0.aspx

And winter... I have a few that are like this (and some of them even have purple and blue flower patterns
emembarrassed.gif
) http://www.serenecomfort.com/Hanro-Mercerized-Egyptian-Cotton-Lace-Long-Nightgown---in-White-Size-XL-Only-P1889C89.aspx
I love your nighties!! I''m always so cold at night. I think I''ll order a few of "your" style, in white, and be comfy
2.gif

SparklyLibra

Brilliant_Rock
I love to eat seaweed.
41.gif

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
I''m always freezing cold... so my parents bought me an adult sized baby-gro (sleepsuit in the US?) in navy blue fleece.

I still haven''t let DH see me in it - it is anything but sexy but it''s sooooo cozy!
30.gif

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Catmom~ I believe you have several Christmas trees, too, right? We''ll just say it''s our passion for Christmas, okay??!!

My friend and I have a standing joke about pink flamingos, we randomly stick them in each other''s yards. It''s best to do it on the first day of a vacation, that way the flamingo is in the other''s yard for several days........

I''ve never seen those nighties before. I had no idea what "granny lawn gowns" were.

GAILEY~ I NEED to see the worms.

cellososweet

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/5/2009 11:50:13 AM
Author: Steel
Marmite.

18.gif

YES!!!!!!!! With cheese too? On toast?

Oh man, I'm so off to have a marmite and cheese sandwich now.

You aren't a kiwi are you steel?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results