carat
color
clarity

Trump brags, "I 'inspected' nude Miss Universe contestants"

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Trump brags, "I 'inspected' nude Miss Universe contestan

Well I am going to go further to call out the readily available sexual culture we have accepted as the norm as a major contributor to people feeling free to say and do these disgusting things. Things I see on television during the day is absolutely hideous and does nothing to make me think we have progressed as a society. The fact that teen girls (and boys) text and post pictures of their private body parts to the internet is disgusting. Sexual predators have been around for eons, long before the Romans. But society has allowed for this normalization of sex everywhere to a level far beyond decency. This does not make any of this issue at hand right but if you think that they don't go hand in hand you are kidding yourself. The fact that there is an acronym MILF and that I know what it means is a case in point. There are many others. If you are over 40 years old can you imagine your grandmother or mother for that matter using that term? We are going down the proverbial toilet with regard to self respect and decency.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium

redwood66|1476467482|4087079 said:
Well I am going to go further to call out the readily available sexual culture we have accepted as the norm as a major contributor to people feeling free to say and do these disgusting things. Things I see on television during the day is absolutely hideous and does nothing to make me think we have progressed as a society. The fact that teen girls (and boys) text and post pictures of their private body parts to the internet is disgusting. Sexual predators have been around for eons, long before the Romans. But society has allowed for this normalization of sex everywhere to a level far beyond decency. This does not make any of this issue at hand right but if you think that they don't go hand in hand you are kidding yourself. The fact that there is an acronym MILF and that I know what it means is a case in point. There are many others. If you are over 40 years old can you imagine your grandmother or mother for that matter using that term? We are going down the proverbial toilet with regard to self respect and decency.

I agree with much of this Red. I almost fell over years ago the first time I heard MILF.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Calliecake|1476468476|4087091 said:

I agree with much of this Red. I almost fell over years ago the first time I heard MILF.

I know right?! The only reason I know these things is to keep up on what my kids might hear. Thank goodness I have raised decent human beings who will be respectful to their wives and others.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yup. And if we would evolve as a society and get past this ridiculous abstinence-only mentality and actually FULLY EDUCATE our children about biology and how things work and drop the old forbidden fruit bullsh*t, we wouldn't have giggling over MILF or even a term that describes something so disrespectful. The root of the issue is mired in archaic stories told by men and revered as the absolute truth. Sure, a virgin had a baby. And Cain and Abel must have used the term MILF or at least thought it...ETA: oh never mind, they had a sister. Even better. SILF!

Also, can you please define "decency?" I think the Duggar ladies were probably all pretty decent, and that didn't stop their own brother from assaulting them repeatedly. And joining Ashley Madison. I doubt the term MILF was acceptable in that household.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock

The fact that there is an acronym MILF and that I know what it means is a case in point. There are many others. If you are over 40 years old can you imagine your grandmother or mother for that matter using that term? We are going down the proverbial toilet with regard to self respect and decency.

I am well over 40 and have no clue what those letters mean. And I do not want to know.

And to those who think times are changing for the good, please.

The world is going to h*ll. Today's generation is crude, rude, and selfish, imo.

Decency and self respect is circling the bowl.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium

This is also an interesting topic.
Decency and Respect to some people mean covering up, stay hidden. How is that respect? Why should I hide my body? Why is covering up what is natural somehow decent?

I've had a few conversations with other women about feminism - Kim Kardashian style (own your body, you can't tell me what I can and cannot do with my breasts, etc) and old school style (we should be recognized for more than our body, brains are sexy too, etc).
A topic for another thread, but to automatically say that society now lacks respect because people are comfortable posting photos of themselves is not looking at the whole picture.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock

I am from a different generation.

And I know that what I want to post is going to cause some on here to jump all over it.

All I will say that if you do not respect yourself, then no one is going to respect you.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

telephone89|1476469989|4087102 said:
Decency and Respect to some people mean covering up, stay hidden. How is that respect? Why should I hide my body? Why is covering up what is natural somehow decent?

I've had a few conversations with other women about feminism - Kim Kardashian style (own your body, you can't tell me what I can and cannot do with my breasts, etc) and old school style (we should be recognized for more than our body, brains are sexy too, etc).
A topic for another thread, but to automatically say that society now lacks respect because people are comfortable posting photos of themselves is not looking at the whole picture.

There's that pesky bigger picture thing again! Look, there is an entire population of people who just want to bluster about the world going to hell in a handbasket. Good news: they're gradually being replaced by those who actually have the strength and spunk to stand up and do something about it in a way that does not oppress others.

(For the record, I blame Madonna and Prince for all of this. Ha! Sorry, Tipper Gore, your plan didn't exactly work out. Best marketing tool ever, implemented by our very own government? Parental advisory labels. Let's keep telling humans they aren't allowed to do something. It's worked out so well for the past 6k years.)

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium

monarch64|1476469290|4087099 said:

Yup. And if we would evolve as a society and get past this ridiculous abstinence-only mentality and actually FULLY EDUCATE our children about biology and how things work and drop the old forbidden fruit bullsh*t, we wouldn't have giggling over MILF or even a term that describes something so disrespectful. The root of the issue is mired in archaic stories told by men and revered as the absolute truth. Sure, a virgin had a baby. And Cain and Abel must have used the term MILF or at least thought it...ETA: oh never mind, they had a sister. Even better. SILF!

Also, can you please define "decency?" I think the Duggar ladies were probably all pretty decent, and that didn't stop their own brother from assaulting them repeatedly. And joining Ashley Madison. I doubt the term MILF was acceptable in that household.

I am not bringing religion into this discussion and I certainly did not practice abstinence in my younger years. I am talking about what is polite and I guess everyone's idea of decent is subjective. Obviously you think MILF is disrespectful so we can at least agree on that. So Cain and Abel make the disgusting bullshit that is out there every day ok? The things I hear teenagers talk about when I am out in public is horrifying and if they have the disrespect to talk like that within earshot of me I say something. To which they cuss me out. Nice upstanding citizens for sure.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock

There's that pesky bigger picture thing again! Look, there is an entire population of people who just want to bluster about the world going to hell in a handbasket. Good news: they're gradually being replaced by those who actually have the strength and spunk to stand up and do something about it in a way that does not oppress others.

Replaced by what?

Males who do not have the decency to get off their butts and give up their seat to a pregnant woman.

People yapping loudly on their phones who would not think of holding the door open to the elderly woman with a cane standing behind them.

Drivers on the road who are only concerned with themselves and think nothing of cutting in front of you so they will get to their destination a minute earlier.

Girls walking around with everything hanging out and a mouth to match. Young boys not having a clue what it means to be a man.
And the music, ever listen to the words. Trump is not the only one with sex and abusing women on his mind. Just listen to rap music.

And if you mean by standing up and rioting before all the facts are in? Tell that to the mom and pop stores who lost their businesses because of it. Or the innocent bystanders attacked in their cars.

No one wants to work anymore. They want it all handed to them. That is why we have scoreless games and safe rooms because someone's delicate psyche might be compromised.

I could go on and on. But only someone from my generation who has lived both in ours and yours would understand.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium

monarch64|1476470464|4087107 said:
telephone89|1476469989|4087102 said:

(For the record, I blame Madonna and Prince for all of this. Ha! Sorry, Tipper Gore, your plan didn't exactly work out. Best marketing tool ever, implemented by our very own government? Parental advisory labels. Let's keep telling humans they aren't allowed to do something. It's worked out so well for the past 6k years.)

And to think that lewd comments by men does not arise out of this is sticking your head in the sand. If you want all of this in the open then be prepared for the human nature reaction. My point was it is all related. You can't have one without the other so don't get indignant about disgusting comments made by men (or women) expecting them to act better.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium

But redwood - you are blaming the woman for enticing the man to say something.
A woman SHOULD be able to wear whatever she wants, and not have men make disgusting comments about her. Why is it the womans responsibility to police a mans brain? Why don't we instead teach our men to be respectful and not make comments about women - whether theyre wearing a burka, a bikini or nothing at all?

ruby59

Ideal_Rock

Why don't we instead teach our men to be respectful and not make comments about women - whether theyre wearing a burka, a bikini or nothing at all?

Would you walk down a crime ridden street at night wearing expensive jewelry. You should be able to, so why wouldn't you.

A man or woman for that matter is not a perfect human being. He is wired in such a way that if a woman puts it all out there, he is going to respond.

Right or wrong, it just is. Same as we take precautions with our safety and lock our doors. You do not invite trouble.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium

telephone89|1476472571|4087118 said:
A woman SHOULD be able to wear whatever she wants, and not have men make disgusting comments about her. Why is it the womans responsibility to police a mans brain? Why don't we instead teach our men to be respectful and not make comments about women - whether theyre wearing a burka, a bikini or nothing at all?

I am not blaming anyone. I understand human nature and if you want to wear a bikini or be nude go ahead. Humans have worn clothing/skins since the cavemen. Was it out of modesty or necessity, I don't know the answer to that. But to think that your epiphany about how society should be is going to change anything then you are mistaken. Besides going nude in New York in January might be a statement but it is not very practical.

I did teach my sons to be respectful but many don't. But they also would not marry a woman who acts like Kim Kardashian either.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium

ruby59|1476473169|4087122 said:
Why don't we instead teach our men to be respectful and not make comments about women - whether theyre wearing a burka, a bikini or nothing at all?

Would you walk down a crime ridden street at night wearing expensive jewelry. You should be able to, so why wouldn't you.

A man or woman for that matter is not a perfect human being. He is wired in such a way that if a woman puts it all out there, he is going to respond.

Right or wrong, it just is. Same as we take precautions with our safety and lock our doors. You do not invite trouble.
WRONG
He is trained to respond that way, because others do it, and no one says anything about it!!

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium

redwood66|1476473457|4087125 said:
I am not blaming anyone. I understand human nature and if you want to wear a bikini or be nude go ahead. Humans have worn clothing/skins since the cavemen. Was it out of modesty or necessity, I don't know the answer to that. But to think that your epiphany about how society should be is going to change anything then you are mistaken. Besides going nude in New York in January might be a statement but it is not very practical.

I did teach my sons to be respectful but many don't. But they also would not marry a woman who acts like Kim Kardashian either.
The cave men you speak of were likely in colder climates. Wearing skins was to protect against the cold.

A lot of island and African nations (that weren't run over with colonialism) are still nude or mostly nude. Its hot and humid, and they are totally comfortable being nude in their society.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium

telephone89|1476474021|4087132 said:

The cave men you speak of were likely in colder climates. Wearing skins was to protect against the cold.

A lot of island and African nations (that weren't run over with colonialism) are still nude or mostly nude. Its hot and humid, and they are totally comfortable being nude in their society.

And there are African nations who cover themselves completely and that has nothing to do with colonialism.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium

redwood66|1476474209|4087134 said:

And there are African nations who cover themselves completely that has nothing to do with colonialism.
I don't think that's what were talking about? You said that as far back as time went people wore clothing - this is not true.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock

WRONG
He is trained to respond that way, because others do it, and no one says anything about it!!

All the training in the world is not going to control the male sex organ in every man when a woman takes it too far.

Even the best intentioned man will fail on occasion. Simple biology.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium

telephone89|1476474305|4087135 said:
redwood66|1476474209|4087134 said:

And there are African nations who cover themselves completely that has nothing to do with colonialism.
I don't think that's what were talking about? You said that as far back as time went people wore clothing - this is not true.

You and I don't see eye to eye on much. That is fine. You think human nature should be different and I am realistic about society.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium

ruby59|1476474454|4087136 said:
WRONG

All the training in the world is not going to control the male sex organ in every man when a woman takes it too far.

This is the exact mentality we are talking about. "boys will be boys LOL!" "Whoops I couldn't help but rape her, she had her boobies out! LOL"
Sorry, not acceptable. I hold people accountable for their actions.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium

they are totally comfortable being nude in their society.

We are not in an African tribe here in the US. Is this what you are suggesting we become comfortable with? Are you suggesting that rape or lewd discussions about female bodies among tribal men do not exist?

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium

redwood66|1476474541|4087137 said:
You and I don't see eye to eye on much. That is fine. You think human nature should be different and I am realistic about society.
You don't much like being proven wrong do you?

I'm not even talking about in general - but you made a comment, and I showed you otherwise. You try to deflect, and then change the topic.

I do think SOCIETY should be different. Human nature and society are not the same. I am also fighting to change society, rather than sitting idly by and 'ho humming' about shit going south.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock

This is the exact mentality we are talking about. "boys will be boys LOL!" "Whoops I couldn't help but rape her, she had her boobies out! LOL"

You are putting your words in my mouth.

I am not talking about mentality, but biology.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium

telephone89|1476474938|4087145 said:
redwood66|1476474541|4087137 said:
You don't much like being proven wrong do you?

I'm not even talking about in general - but you made a comment, and I showed you otherwise. You try to deflect, and then change the topic.

I do think SOCIETY should be different. Human nature and society are not the same. I am also fighting to change society, rather than sitting idly by and 'ho humming' about shit going south.

You have not proven anything.

I change it by raising respectful young men.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

telephone89|1476472571|4087118 said:

Because we have yet to raise a few generations of youth who have not been brainwashed into sexualizing women and reducing them to their parts. Kim Kardashian and Amber Rose, who are allegedly trying to lead a movement against "slut shaming", are not catering to hetero women who want to be respected. They are peddling their sexuality to hetero men because they realize that sex sells. Think of how many advertisements have beautiful young women with gorgeous bodies in them. These women are making money off their sex appeal. So when women begin boycotting their role as sexual objects to sell water, cars, toothpaste, whatever, and when we do a better job raising boys to see women as more than sexual objects, then we'll have accomplished something good. Until then, women and men share the blame. Women can't be willing participants in sexual objectification and abdicate total responsibility for their plight.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium

redwood66|1476474868|4087143 said:
they are totally comfortable being nude in their society.

We are not in an African tribe here in the US. Is this what you are suggesting we become comfortable with? Are you suggesting that rape or lewd discussions about female bodies among tribal men do not exist?
I am not going to say it doesn't exist, however what I will say is that nude/natural societies don't see the human body the same. Skin is an organ, breasts are for breastfeeding, etc. We ARE very sexualized over here - a totally different animal I agree! Ads for VS splashed over a 50' building, but breastfeeding in public is so taboo because 'no one wants to see those'. Even just looking at Europe - they have nude/topless beaches. There are way less sexual assaults over there. Men and women are both more comfortable (note, I said more) seeing the human body than over here.

A side note, if you think of most rapes, they are generally a power move. What my issue is, is that people think it's OK to talk or treat women a certain way, because no one will say otherwise. That's power.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium

ruby59|1476475130|4087147 said:

You are putting your words in my mouth.

I am not talking about mentality, but biology.
Can you please find a scientific text that says a man will rape because biology tells him to?

I'm quite sure you can't, because it doesn't exist.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Matata|1476475277|4087150 said:
Because we have yet to raise a few generations of youth who have not been brainwashed into sexualizing women and reducing them to their parts. Kim Kardashian and Amber Rose, who are allegedly trying to lead a movement against "slut shaming", are not catering to hetero women who want to be respected. They are peddling their sexuality to hetero men because they realize that sex sells. Think of how many advertisements have beautiful young women with gorgeous bodies in them. These women are making money off their sex appeal. So when women begin boycotting their role as sexual objects to sell water, cars, toothpaste, whatever, and when we do a better job raising boys to see women as more than sexual objects, then we'll have accomplished something good. Until then, women and men share the blame. Women can't be willing participants in sexual objectification and abdicate total responsibility for their plight.
I brought it up earlier (same page I think), about the 2 sides of feminism. I think I might start a separate thread on it, because I do think its an interesting topic :)

sstephensid

Shiny_Rock

ruby59|1476474454|4087136 said:
WRONG

When a woman takes it too far? Are you serious? So a woman is dressed provocatively, a man can't help himself? Are you out of your mind? If this is not what you meant, by all means explain yourself.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results