shape
carat
color
clarity

The Outlaws Strike Again

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am sure she deserved it and more. It is good that she is out of your life, one less stress to have to deal with. How dare she not be nice to lovely Linda?

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/15/2008 10:48:47 PM
Author: diamondfan
Harriet, I am only trying to bless you with the wisdom I lacked and the fruits of my suffering back in the day
2.gif
I know and I very much appreciate it.
1.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/15/2008 11:15:40 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
I''m chiming in really late on this thread, but I think the reason some of us have been married 20-30+ years is that we have followed the very good advice given on this thread! We can come here to vent, but it is always best not to vent to the spouse about his family. They may even know the complaints are true, but they don''t want to hear it.

I figure if Caroline has survived her MIL, anyone can!
2.gif
Yeah, where have you been?
9.gif
How true! Thank you.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/15/2008 11:20:22 PM
It makes so much sense to come here to punch the proverbial bag, get out the feelings, and be able to smile and deal.

That said, she sucks and I am always right!!
2.gif
3.gif
What proverbial bag? Maybe I should take kickboxing lessons!
9.gif

Haha! Maybe I should spend a few hours with her to toughen myself up.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Harriet, the bag is a metaphor...it can be feelings or a person, but it means taking out your frustrations in a way that causes no fights and relieves stress for you.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/15/2008 11:32:50 PM
Author: Kaleigh
Find a way to find something in them that you like. Your life will be richer for it, your marriage happier for it.
I try to do that with people I know, and I''m trying here.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/15/2008 11:33:07 PM
How dare she not be nice to lovely Linda?
Right. How dare she!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/16/2008 8:36:56 AM
Harriet, the bag is a metaphor...it can be feelings or a person, but it means taking out your frustrations in a way that causes no fights and relieves stress for you.
I know, but kickboxing is great exercise and a stress reliever too.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wish me luck for the weekend!

I've been good and not uttered a single complaint to DH about spending the weekend with the outlaws. The poor guy is so exhausted from the events of the last few weeks that he won't even make the 3+ hour drive, hence we're taking the train, which is fine. My grouse is that the outlaws, knowing how busy he's been, are not urging him to rest at home (if he had said "no" to their demand, all hell would have broken loose). This week, after a long day at work, they even had him crunch some numbers on their possible purchases!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know it's been a terrible and stressful week for him, glad you guys can relax on the train. Perhaps this will be a nice distraction for him. I know you are dreading this, but the weather looks fabulous, enjoy the scenery. I know your husband will want to be involved in whatever they decide to purchase, it's a big investment, so perhaps it will be a nice distraction for him?

Whether it's this weekend, or the following or the one beyond that, it's going to be a long haul for your husband, and for mine too.
2.gif
Mine went away for a golf weekend, a tournament in Nantucket that he always plays in. I know he's glad to be away right now. He'll have it all to come back to once he gets home, and has been fielding calls left and right.

So go, put on the happy face, and enjoy a nice weekend away. Talk walks alone if you must. I hear it's beautiful there.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Harriet, these are his parents, he may be looking forward to seeing them. I too would put on a happy face for his sake. I would take an ipod or a book so you can relax(it sounds beautiful out there); it is really sweet of him to want to helps his parents out. You will be fine.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/19/2008 9:07:09 PM
Author: Kaleigh
I know it''s been a terrible and stressful week for him, glad you guys can relax on the train. Perhaps this will be a nice distraction for him. I know you are dreading this, but the weather looks fabulous, enjoy the scenery. I know your husband will want to be involved in whatever they decide to purchase, it''s a big investment, so perhaps it will be a nice distraction for him?

Whether it''s this weekend, or the following or the one beyond that, it''s going to be a long haul for your husband, and for mine too.
2.gif
Mine went away for a golf weekend, a tournament in Nantucket that he always plays in. I know he''s glad to be away right now. He''ll have it all to come back to once he gets home, and has been fielding calls left and right.

So go, put on the happy face, and enjoy a nice weekend away. Talk walks alone if you must. I hear it''s beautiful there.
I''m glad your hubby took a break. It''s been crazy. DH''s firm had a conference call at 11 last night. I hope the weekend will be a break for him. I''m not complaining to him at all. He has enough on his plate.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Harriet,

I agree with Lisa, I think the scenery will be beautiful. Maybe DH is really looking forward to seeing them and getting away for the weekend.

I hope the inlaws will be nice to you though.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/19/2008 9:11:29 PM
Author: Skippy123
Harriet, these are his parents, he may be looking forward to seeing them. I too would put on a happy face for his sake. I would take an ipod or a book so you can relax(it sounds beautiful out there); it is really sweet of him to want to helps his parents out. You will be fine.
He''s not, given how they''ve acted recently. But I am trying to be chipper for his sake!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/19/2008 9:19:21 PM
Author: Linda W
Harriet,

I agree with Lisa, I think the scenery will be beautiful. Maybe DH is really looking forward to seeing them and getting away for the weekend.

I hope the inlaws will be nice to you though.
DH is not looking forward to seeing the outlaws, given their recent behaviour. They''ve gotten it into their heads that we don''t want them in our life, even though they are the ones who''ve been living overseas! So, he''s going because he wants to correct thsat misperception.

I hope so too. Then again, they were nice in July and then proceeded to stab us in the back.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Harriet,

I hope everything will be OK this time.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Boy, do I ever.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
I''m sorry they can be insensitive. I hope is is not totally unpleasant. Bring some lovely books to read. And lots of antacids!!!

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Harriet hope it all goes well. Just act neutral and enjoy the rustic country break,
On a side note I can''t believe the outlaws are thinking B &b when it sound like they are clueless on people. One would think you have to A :like people and B :get people and be sensitive
It could be be Basil at Fawlty Towers by the sound of it!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/19/2008 9:51:53 PM
Author: Miranda
I''m sorry they can be insensitive. I hope is is not totally unpleasant. Bring some lovely books to read. And lots of antacids!!!
I forgot to pack my medicine. Thanks for the reminder!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/19/2008 10:21:28 PM
Author: katebar
Harriet hope it all goes well. Just act neutral and enjoy the rustic country break,
On a side note I can''t believe the outlaws are thinking B &b when it sound like they are clueless on people. One would think you have to A :like people and B :get people and be sensitive
It could be be Basil at Fawlty Towers by the sound of it!
The MIL lurves people. Unfortunately, she also lacks a filter. I don''t remember "Fawlty Towers." How about a "Carry on Bed and Breakfast?"

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/19/2008 11:26:12 PM
Author: Harriet

Date: 9/19/2008 9:51:53 PM
Author: Miranda
I forgot to pack my medicine. Thanks for the reminder!
Haha - Just taking care of my twin!
28.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I really need to make that trip to CA.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/19/2008 11:38:51 PM
Author: Harriet
I really need to make that trip to CA.
Yes you do!

Or else I need to get to NY!!!
9.gif

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
You have some opportunities here and some things to be grateful for.

First, grateful for the location. Hey they could want to buy a B&B in the Hudson River Valley, in which case they would practically be your neighbors!

Opportunity: You should get your DH to encourage them to purchase something as far away from NYC as possible. Western Mass is a good start. Further would be better. Start thinking about somewhere that would be great for them but still far away. Don''t say anything to them yourself, let your DH do the talking. What about a B&B in Carmel, California? Very nice! They''d love it. If that''s no good, how about Virginia - Charlottesville, Middleburg? Also very nice.

However dreadful this weekend is, and however difficult they may try and make it, attempt to deal with it very calmly if only for your husband''s sake. I know his profession and no matter what, he will be a tense mass of nerves after this week. Try and keep his blood pressure down, cause the whole game starts again Monday and even if one is rightly positioned in this market it is still very stressful.

Have a good time as best you can.
2.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beacon,
Lol! Yup, we''re buckling up for next week. WaMu?

Richard,
Now, now. Be a good boy. :)

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Harriet, I would merely try to focus on the manifold blessing and riches and positives in your life. You must have some rain, they are like a torrential downpour, but have much to be thankful for. Into each life some annoyance or issue must crop or we would not appreciate all of the wonderful things.

I am sure they suck. However, they are what they are. Why allow them one moment of your time, one iota of your energies, or risk one moment of stress with your hubby who you have already stated is in a bad way and really could use support right now. No matter what they are his mom and dad. Unless and until they cross a line he feels strongly about, they are in your life.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yup.

Survived!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Oh, Harriet...this thread was just too funny!

Glad to hear you made it through the weekend...hope it wasn''t too terribly horrible!

Good for you for trying to stay chipper for your hubby...we all need our own cheering section every once and again!

Have a great week!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results