shape
carat
color
clarity

The Outlaws Strike Again

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/15/2008 12:10:41 AM
Author: Miranda
I agree with DFan, too. Put a smile on your pretty face and go. Do it for your hubby.

Just a thought here...Do you ever trade ''services'' for jewelry?
31.gif
Hahaha - No I do not mean that how it sounds! Maybe you could tell DH you will go and you will be happy about it (ok, you will go at least). Though, it would make you happier if you had a little something fun to think of along the way. Say, a new project - other than the spess. It works for us! If I have to go to an event I really don''t want to or DH wants to go someplace (like racing Porsches in Alabama!
32.gif
) a little bit of jewelry always helps to sweeten things up. It certainly improves my mood!

And, for what it''s worth, I totally understand your frustration! I have been in a similar situation with DH''s parents.
No. He hates quid pro quos. Plus, he''s been very generous with my jewellery budget this year already (although he didn''t get me a wedding gift -- long story). That "little something fun" would have been meeting the gem expert. I haven''t made a single peep about not wanting to go! I''m sorry for you too.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/15/2008 12:13:06 AM
Author: diamondfan
Oh well, I would not be able to be romantic under those circumstances. That would have my hubby on the phone to Canyon Ranch in an instant. He would tell his folks, stay where you want, we will see you for meals and sightseeing but we need our privacy.

And bathroom sharing would undo me as my mother in law takes so freaking long it is ridiculous.
2.gif

I don''t want to know what she does in there.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, she looks no better after all that time so I could not tell you!

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/15/2008 12:18:42 AM
Author: Harriet

Date: 9/15/2008 12:10:41 AM
Author: Miranda
I agree with DFan, too. Put a smile on your pretty face and go. Do it for your hubby.

Just a thought here...Do you ever trade ''services'' for jewelry?
31.gif
Hahaha - No I do not mean that how it sounds! Maybe you could tell DH you will go and you will be happy about it (ok, you will go at least). Though, it would make you happier if you had a little something fun to think of along the way. Say, a new project - other than the spess. It works for us! If I have to go to an event I really don''t want to or DH wants to go someplace (like racing Porsches in Alabama!
32.gif
) a little bit of jewelry always helps to sweeten things up. It certainly improves my mood!

And, for what it''s worth, I totally understand your frustration! I have been in a similar situation with DH''s parents.
No. He hates quid pro quos. Plus, he''s been very generous with my jewellery budget this year already (although he didn''t get me a wedding gift -- long story). That ''little something fun'' would have been meeting the gem expert. I haven''t made a single peep about not wanting to go! I''m sorry for you too.
Ah well, I thought it would be worth a shot.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Are there any nice PSers in either area? I could pretend that she''s a long, lost friend.

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Time for xanax
20.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Right now or then?

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Whenever
31.gif

Maybe you want to rethink a weekend with my kids Auntie Harriet...

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Maybe I should.
9.gif

Uh oh. I suspect that the outlaws will want to come to the city after 'our' weekend.

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
As long as I don''t have to spend time with your IL''s. Not a fair trade.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh. I'll pass then.

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, Xanax should take care of it then. Can''t wait to hear how this turns out. Poor Harriet!
19.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
ILs are not good for one's mental health, are they?

Great. The 'getaway' is going to cost about $1,000.

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Not to make you jealous, but my IL''s are lovely. They live in NYC, maybe they''ll adopt you.
1.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Don't rub it in. Please please ask them.

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
I will.
1.gif

BTW. They are in the village, and I was thinking about you b/c I was at The Strand bookstore, and they have great gem and jewelry books. Some rare. Have you ever been? I think you would appreciate it.

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
Actually I think Harriet''s IL''s should adopt me as their DIL for a few months.

After dealing with me they will have a newfound appreciation for Harriet
9.gif
25.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/15/2008 11:40:05 AM
Author: iluvcarats
I will.
1.gif

BTW. They are in the village, and I was thinking about you b/c I was at The Strand bookstore, and they have great gem and jewelry books. Some rare. Have you ever been? I think you would appreciate it.
I have, but I'll go dig. Do let me know if you're ever in town and want to go there.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/15/2008 11:45:33 AM
Author: purrfectpear
Actually I think Harriet''s IL''s should adopt me as their DIL for a few months.

After dealing with me they will have a newfound appreciation for Harriet
9.gif
25.gif
Haha. But didn''t you say you were a good DIL?

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/15/2008 11:53:17 AM
Date: 9/15/2008 11:40:05 AM

Author: iluvcarats

I will.
1.gif

I have, but I''ll go dig. Do let me know if you''re ever in town and want to go there.

I am in and out of NYC a fair bit.
That would be fun. I''ll let you know next time.
35.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Please do!

Eva17

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/14/2008 11:31:41 PM
Author: diamondfan
I would go with the flow here. Maybe you cannot see the gem guy this time. Do it another time, you have some flex in your schedule and I would not tack that on to this as it will only serve to annoy you as the plans are not firm. Just know they are not being considerate but rise above it. Pack a few things, climate is similar enough to pack for either place, and then just go and have a smile on your face. Plan another trip with your hubby later on and do the things you want to do. Remember when I told you not to expect them to be reasonable? Exhibit A. And if you balk and resist it, you are the one who will get frustrated, and fight with your hubby. They could not care less about inconveniencing you. Your hubby should be dealing with them. As he thinks this weekend is not about what you want and is about them, I would just drop it at this point. I also like things planned out, but oh well, if they wait too long and you cannot get a reservation somewhere, guess you cannot go? Risk they have to accept if they cannot be firm.

Harriet, in the scheme of it, you need to let go. You hopefully have a long marriage to this man and they are a part of it. I personally would not want to let them be the cause of fights over such petty stuff. Save your big guns and ammo for the real issues, things to you really have to fight for. This is not one of them. Resign yourself, smile, imagine them in the loony bin, do what you have to, but you will not do well to already letting them cause strife. I did not learn this for a long time. Now I only tell hubby when it is a major thing, and I know he supports me in those times because I am not getting upset over all the other things.

I have to go with DiamondFan on this one. word for word

plus sometimes when we dread something (especailly when every detail isn''t planned) we have a better time than we ever thought we would

after 22 years i also have a few dreadful stops in the history books that we had to go to,( to see the family), and it is something we tell jokes about now. remember when we, OMG, blah blah blah....

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
You did?!

Eva17

Brilliant_Rock
oh yeah. one in particular we always joke about is a stay at this place called the stevensville. don''t even remember where it was... upsate maybe.

the place was grosssssssss. and fillllllthtthththtyyyyyyy....

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
With my luck, that flapping docent will be visiting the same B&B.

Eva17

Brilliant_Rock
if she does show up, at least she will make you laugh!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/15/2008 12:54:25 PM
With my luck, that flapping docent will be visiting the same B&B.

ha ha ha ha ha Harriet, you are making me laugh again. hummmmmmmmmmmmmm $1,000 for a nice get-away weekend. Sheesh. Plus $300.00 to board your adorable doggies. That is $1,300 for a weekend.
gaah.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
The $1,000 includes the boarding.

Hmm, maybe I should borrow Eva''s Posie for the weekend.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh well that is better. Are you leaving on Friday?

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
No. Early Saturday. So all that expense is just for one freaking night.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results