shape
carat
color
clarity

The Official TTC Thread!

tiffanytwisted

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, one long day at work and look at what I missed!!
Congrats Indy and Erica!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

lisa1.01fvs1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/16/2008 9:51:13 PM
Author: erica k
Exactly, Lisa, where is DD?

Definitely a happy day!!
Her last post was on the 11th in SMTR........

Not like her not to be on here and actually working
31.gif

Seriously where has she gone?
33.gif

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Hey everyone, I'm pretty sure DD mentioned (a few pages back), a trip to visit a friend! Although I'm sure it's killing her to not be on PS, I think she was looking forward to not having her mind on the 2ww.

I'm just waiting for the 20th to come, and then I can get AF over, and the hot lovin' Hawaii style going!

ETA:

As for me, nice high temp this morning, so ovulation was confirmed for CD-16 (last Saturday). Woo hoo! I am going out west on Thursday for 6 days to visit one of my best friends for a week of "research meetings" . We will discuss research, but we will also just hang out and have fun! She recently went through a divorce (good riddance!) and has a 2 1/2 year old boy who is the sweetest, so the visit will be really good company for her too. I'm looking forward to visiting the city she lives in, too, as there is a rumour that they will have some jobs coming up in the next few years and I'd like to see the city to decide if they are jobs I want and if we could happily live there or not...

This trip will help take my mind off this stupid knitting club! I know it is random and who the heck knows, but I have a good feeling about this month. I had 5 whole days of good quality fertile CF, and we did the f-tastic the 4 days pre-O, O day, and the day after O , so our bases are covered! Here's hoping for a nice strong LP and implantation! The sex-o-meter on FF gives me a score of "high". Cross those fingers for me!

*** Dreamer ***

Delster

Ideal_Rock
Oh my goodness congratulations Erica and Indy!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

And I just thought I''d put this thread out there - but methinks you all have a much more exciting definition of knitting than I do!
2.gif

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/16/2008 6:54:11 PM
Author: Blenheim

Indy -- I did some research on sushi a couple of months ago, and this is the one article that I could still find saved on my computer - NY Times ''Chicken of the Sea''. I know that it barely mentions studies, but I recall that a lot of what I was reading agreed with it. If you''re craving sushi, it might be worth looking into why it''s not recommended during pregnancy and what evidence suggests that it may or may not be harmful to the fetus.

Hiya Blenheim! The reason you''re not supposed to eat raw things (whether sushi or steak tartar or even eating your burger rare) while you''re pregnant is that your immune system, according to my doc, isn''t as strong as usual, and if you caught a food-borne illness, instead of just puking for a few hours, you might lose or damage the fetus and put yourself in serious harm''s way too. Same goes for alfalfa sprouts, as they are a common source of e.coli.

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for your good wishes everyone!

Once there''s a heartbeat, I''m going to start knitting for real. I want to make The Cub (what we''re calling the zygote, till it has a gender), some booties and a hat and maybe a blanket.

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
By the way, when I spoke to the midwife, she was all "Didn''t you two, like, JUST get married?!!?"
4.gif
Who knew it would work so fast?

sbde

Brilliant_Rock
congratulations erica and indy! yay for more babies!

sbde

Brilliant_Rock
...which leads me to spill the long overdue beans....

i am also preggo girls! i found out abt 4 wks ago but wanted to keep it quiet until i had an ultrasound and saw a heartbeat. i still couldn't believe it until then because if you remember - i had been charting but BD'ing on the wrong dates based on my temps. ah well, when it works it works and so i am officially due Jan 23rd (another beantown baby!)

the first few weeks have been tough ladies..i've been constantly nauseous and have had to start taking meds so that i can at least eat something and keep it in my system. i'm definitely looking fwd to this first trimester being over. of course, i'm still happy to have this nausea vs. none!

babydust to all on this thread!

happy in love

Shiny_Rock
congratulations sbde! Sorry to hear you''ve been sick
14.gif
I can''t believe how many BFP''s there''s been around here lately. Lots of winter babies.
36.gif

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
YEY! Congrats sbde! Another 2009 baby!

I''m due Feb 2nd - so we''ll be baking buddies!!
9.gif

Congrats to you and your DH!!! Great news
36.gif

erica k

Brilliant_Rock
congrats sbde!!

I''ve been feeling a little nauseated, but nothing bad so far. My main concern is that it''ll keep me from exercising as much as I usually do.

Thanks for all the well wishes! I''ve been wanting to tell my close friends here, but my husband thinks I should wait a few more weeks. He also wants me to get tested for toxoplasmosis immunity so that I can help clean out the cat litter. Hmph!

sbde

Brilliant_Rock
thanks happy in love and mela lu...wow just a week apart eh. excellent! congrats to you as well!

sbde

Brilliant_Rock
thanks erica...i did decide to wait a bit before telling others. i''ve only told my immediate family and now you guys and am still holding out until the 12 week mark before making any other announcements.

lisa1.01fvs1

Brilliant_Rock
SBDE - Happy News
36.gif
36.gif
(well, except for the vomit issue
14.gif
)

I don't know, I told everyone the day I POAS - that's just me!

I was also at work in the OB/NICU w/ a million eyes staring at the stick
3.gif

I figured that if I m/c I would need all the support I could get b/c I can't really hide things well.

Obviously if you've been following my detailed attempts at Preg. and IF.

Are you taking Zofran? Drink lots of h2o......I know u already know this.

Just would hate for u to get the hyperemesis crap.

Erica - Ginger tea, ginger anything helped a little. Ginger ale too.

Funny how they call it morning/s when it happens whenever!

sbde

Brilliant_Rock
thanks so much lisa!

i am on zofran, and thankfully that helps ease the symptoms. of course i feel bad abt taking the meds and so if i skip a day it''s pretty bad. hopefully it can stay contained with zofran and this doesn''t turn into hyperemesis (which i just looked up after you posted - yikes!). i definitely need to try and drink more water though.

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
We've told our parents, and i'm going to tell my best friend, but other than that, (oh, and you anonymous ladies on here) we're keeping it quiet until there's a heartbeat.

About the nausea, So far I've been OK except for about an hour yesterday morning. We picked up a copy of 'Eating Well When you're expecting', which is part of the 'What to Expect' series, and there are a lot of good tips for managing nausea and smell issues.

I also learned that I'm only supposed to eat an extra 100 calories a day in the first trimester, then gradually up to 300 in the last. So keeping that in mind should keep me from putting on toooo much weight.

Erica, from what I've read, it's usually fine to keep up your exercise routine, if you feel up to it, but you're not supposed to step it up too much from your usual level. I just got back from the gym actually. I want to enjoy my hard-won amazing abs for as long as I caaaaan!
2.gif

cara

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/17/2008 10:24:25 AM
Author: erica k
Thanks for all the well wishes! I've been wanting to tell my close friends here, but my husband thinks I should wait a few more weeks. He also wants me to get tested for toxoplasmosis immunity so that I can help clean out the cat litter. Hmph!

Make that boy clean the cat litter! Its the least he can do while you grow a watermelon in your belly. Seriously, you should not be near the stuff. Even with immunity, what if one little booger got through? My brother had serious retinal damage from toxoplasmosis when he was a kid, and the doctors suspect prenatal infection as no one but my mother bothered to clean the cat litter, though she asked and noted she was pregnant!

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Wow! SBDE (crap, hope I got the letters in the right order!), congrats! It''s just baby flood in here! Sorry I''m a little distracted, just got an email from my brother, my five month old niece is in the hospital with a bad case of croup. My brother sounds scared beyond belief, so I''m trying to call all the family and let them know, since I know he''s a little busy with his baby and his own sickness right now.

Congrats all the mommies! Erica- NO CAT LITTER! (which reminds me, I''m SO going to use that excuse for the dog doodie)

The hubs and I were talking about our one year anniversary. He''s already asked for Halloween off (1 yr is November 3rd), so we can go to Disneyland. Let''s say this next cycle takes, and I''ll be pregnant then, I wonder how many rides I can go on?
31.gif

erica k

Brilliant_Rock
cara--
That''s really scary about your brother. I don''t think my husband has processed the whole pregnancy thing yet. It''s only been a few days, but if I put my foot down, I''m pretty sure he''ll do it. He doesn''t realize how serious some of these things are, but he tells me that he''s starting to look at things online, finally!
28.gif

indy--
I''ve been jogging for a while now, and I think I''ll start a prenatal yoga dvd this weekend. I''ve been doing beginner''s pilates since the beginning of this year, but I''ve never done yoga. I''m going to try and stick to my regular schedule for as long as I can. My massage therapist is also super helpful about all things body-related, so I''m going to talk to her about adjusting my regimen.

lisa--
Thanks for the tip. Lucky for me, I love all things ginger-y!

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations Erica and Indy!!!
emstar.gif
emstar.gif
emstar.gif

I was out of town visiting my dad for father''s day and just saw all of the good news!!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I milked not cleaning the litter forever. Even while nursing!
11.gif
12.gif
9.gif
But hey, it is the least they can do! We grow life. They can scoop some poop.
2.gif

sbde

Brilliant_Rock
thank you so much amberwaves! it's a pretty exciting time, that's for sure.

sry abt the confusing acronym for the screen name. i had to change it from my original one when i shared my intention to TTC because some people IRL knew me on here..the old name was "silly + opposite of groom" so the sbde just stemmed from there.

ETA: i hope your niece feels better soon!

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
somehow i missed sbde''s happy news!! Congratulations!!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
sbde, congrats to you too! Looks like there is another PS baby boom!

sbde

Brilliant_Rock
thank you lovelylulu and tacori!

i''ve slowly been making my way through the preggo thread, and tacori, your list of things i''ll be needing is VERY helpful.

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Congrats SBDE!

So, when I told my mom & step dad, their heads practically exploded they were so happy, and DH''s mom started to cry. But it''s really weird about my dad. He''s been wanting grandkids FOREVER (this will be the first one for all of them) and has been hassling me about it for years. But he was just so underwhelmed. He sounded almost depressed. I dunno, maybe there were other people around or something, and he knows to keep it quiet.

It''s just so weird.
38.gif
Oh well. I''m sure he''ll get excited as time goes on.

msb700

Brilliant_Rock
Indy: After reading ur post on the pregnancy read, had to come here and see if u were pregnant!! congrats =D!!!!

Erica: Congratulations to u as well..and i agree with Indy when she said that kinda getting blind-sided by this is always the best coz it takes away all that stress and guessing and all that...

ETA: sbde- Congrats!!!

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
Oh Indy, sorry to hear about the underwhelming response - but I betcha that the more ''real'' the pregnancy gets, the more excited he''ll be. Men kinda need tangible things. I know my i finally saw a glimmer in my dad''s eye when I told him that my fetus was growing elbows and eyelids this week. tangible.

9.gif

I''m SOOOO excited for you!!!!!!!

sbde

Brilliant_Rock
thank you indy & msb700!
10.gif

late january and early feb are going to be BUSY for PS'ers!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results