shape
carat
color
clarity

The Official TTC Thread!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay DD!!!!!! Lots of sticky vibes to you and all the other new preggos. It''ll be fun to have a wave of PS babies in the first few months of 2009!

happy in love

Shiny_Rock
DD- you sneaky thing! I loved your announcement photos
2.gif

Congratulations!!
There sure has been some fertile BD going on around these boards lately
31.gif

tiffanytwisted

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats DD
36.gif
36.gif

(and I did notice you were missing, but I thought you said something about visiting someone)
At this rate, we are going to have to recruit some more ladies to the TTC thread!

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Yay! Congrats DD! Welcome back, too! Wow, all these BFPs! So am I the only one still in the TTC phase who isn''t pg?
23.gif

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
I lurk on this thread and just wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS!!!! to DD, Indygal, Erika, and SBDE! Sorry if I missed anyone, this thread moves fast! I am so happy for you all!

tiffanytwisted

Brilliant_Rock
So, I should O sometime around Saturday or Sunday, which is great timing because we will be on vacation so I''ll have something to keep me occupied for the first week anyway!

lisa1.01fvs1

Brilliant_Rock
DD
23.gif
23.gif
36.gif
emteeth.gif
emotion-19.gif
36.gif

I almost fell off the chair when the pic of the test popped up!!!!!

Congratulations!

I know what you mean about the disconnect.

You've been sorta intellectualizing about it for a couple months and NOW it's real!!!!!

But it will still remain abstract throughout the preg. at least for me until the kid actually popped out!

I mean I knew there was a human growing in there but it was just a big belly and strange movement in there.

I feel so left behind........you youngins' move so fast!

Don't worry too much about m/c. Enjoy this time and go day by day.

Oh and pls. post any and all symptoms and twinges and stuff.
emlove.gif

ETA - I thought u might be back but actually doing some work
31.gif

lisa1.01fvs1

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Amber
35.gif

Don''t worry I''m still barren
14.gif
but trying.

And I think BB is going ahead and Tiffany.

I''ve stabbed myself 4 times w/ the GonalF pen - no it doesn''t hurt at all & 0 s/e!

Today is US and praying that there are at least 3-4 follies so that I don''t have to keep up the $120/day drug habit.

Will post later today....

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Hey Lisa, from the looks of your adorable avatar, you're one up on us already.
2.gif
We're the ones playing catch-up!

Sorry about the jabs. I hope it all goes fast and smooth and that you're knocked up before you know it!

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/18/2008 11:41:43 AM
Author: lisa1.01fvs1
Hi Amber
35.gif

Don''t worry I''m still barren
14.gif
but trying.

And I think BB is going ahead and Tiffany.

I''ve stabbed myself 4 times w/ the GonalF pen - no it doesn''t hurt at all & 0 s/e!

Today is US and praying that there are at least 3-4 follies so that I don''t have to keep up the $120/day drug habit.

Will post later today....
Oh yeah, I''ll be right on board in just two weeks!
32.gif
36.gif
Crazy to think! Lisa, hang in there my dear - your BFP is coming for you soon! Lovely is also getting on board the next cycle. Happy in Love too will be joining the TTC ladies! Don''t worry AW!

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Lisa, sorry about the needle jabs! I''m a little confused, FF had me o''ing on day 15th, and I truly, TRULY felt that I o''d on day 13. Like, positively. I had the pos OPK that day and the day before, vast amounts of EWCM that day and the day before, as well as the good ol'' mittlesmertz (why can''t I spell that?). But going by temps, I had two small rises and then a big rise, and they counted me o''ing on day 15, even though I had no signs! Which in turn gave me a 31 day cycle instead of my usual 27 day cycle. UGH. I''m feeling very frustrated today, so sorry if I sound snippish. I had two friends tell me they were accidentally pregnant in the last two days, so I''m feeling a bit overwhelmed. Sorry.
15.gif

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Amber, have you tried the other analyzing tools? The FAM? The research? See if they give you a different answer.

Just means you have to get it on for a couple of extra days is all.
31.gif

I say this, but I''m still ITCHING to know whether it was day 16 or day 20 for me. That may mean the difference between getting to go home at xmas time or not.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Indy, that''s a good idea, I''ll try that now!

lisa1.01fvs1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/18/2008 12:36:16 PM
Author: Independent Gal
Amber, have you tried the other analyzing tools? The FAM? The research? See if they give you a different answer.

Just means you have to get it on for a couple of extra days is all.
31.gif

I say this, but I''m still ITCHING to know whether it was day 16 or day 20 for me. That may mean the difference between getting to go home at xmas time or not.
Hey Indy - only 5% of women deliver on EDD!

I went 5 days post wouldn''t you know!

I had an induction Olivia just didn''t want outta there!

Will u have to get on a plane b/c ur not supposed to travel after a particular # of weeks and definitely not around delivery!

Trust me u won''t want to be going anywhere anyway!

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/18/2008 12:17:27 PM
Author: AmberWaves
Lisa, sorry about the needle jabs! I''m a little confused, FF had me o''ing on day 15th, and I truly, TRULY felt that I o''d on day 13. Like, positively. I had the pos OPK that day and the day before, vast amounts of EWCM that day and the day before, as well as the good ol'' mittlesmertz (why can''t I spell that?). But going by temps, I had two small rises and then a big rise, and they counted me o''ing on day 15, even though I had no signs! Which in turn gave me a 31 day cycle instead of my usual 27 day cycle. UGH. I''m feeling very frustrated today, so sorry if I sound snippish. I had two friends tell me they were accidentally pregnant in the last two days, so I''m feeling a bit overwhelmed. Sorry.
15.gif
Hi AW - I know the feeling. Even though we haven''t started trying, I just feel like things won''t be so easy for me. I got a positive on my OPK test this morning and today is CD 24 for me!
40.gif
39.gif
The past two cycles I o''d on the 21st and I can''t help but think something is truly wrong for me to be o''ing so late. Sometimes I feel like I''m the only one going through this (even though I KNOW I''m not). Anyway, I called my doctor today and am waiting to hear back from her. She wanted me to come in for another progesterone test and told me to call her when I o''d...I''m sure she wasn''t expecting me to tell her that I o''d so late in the game. It''s very frustrating to say the least....

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/18/2008 1:20:30 PM
Author: lisa1.01fvs1
>Hey Indy - only 5% of women deliver on EDD!

I went 5 days post wouldn't you know!

I had an induction Olivia just didn't want outta there!

Will u have to get on a plane b/c ur not supposed to travel after a particular # of weeks and definitely not around delivery!

Trust me u won't want to be going anywhere anyway!

Hiya Lisa! I was calculating when I was going to hit the 32 week 'No Fly Zone'. If you use the EDD from LMP, then that hits on xmas day.
39.gif
So the extra 4-6 days will make just the right difference getting me on that plane back to the USA (I mean, if I actually end up wanting to travel in the first place!).

lisa1.01fvs1

Brilliant_Rock
Indy I shoulda known you''d be steps ahead of me!

Are u sure u haven''t done this before?????
3.gif

vizsla

Brilliant_Rock
congrats to all the mommies to be...from a chronic lurker.. and don''t worry.. there will be more ttc ladies soon enough
27.gif
31.gif
31.gif

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
BB, I hear ya. With all these friends (IRL, not PS) falling into pregnancy that one week after missing a pill (SERIOUSLY?!), I'm really starting to kind of pull inward, ya know? Like I truly can't take it anymore. It's so hard to hear them griping about all the problems with being pregnant and "Oh god, you're SO lucky you get to have coffee, being pregnant sucks", REALLY? You're going to say that to me? I know I haven't been trying for very long, and at some times I'm totally okay with not being pregnant, but sometimes I'm just so sad. And yes, AF is due in the next three days, which probably explains to all of you why I'm being like Veruca Salt here.
20.gif

If you guys think I'm intolerable here, imagine how my poor knocked up friends are feeling having empty-wombed me being the metaphorical troll under their bridges.
1.gif

BB: Thankfully you have a proactive doctor!

cara

Ideal_Rock
Awhh, Amber. People complaining about pregnancy symptoms to you is just plain insensitive. (Assuming they are friends that know you are TTC).

All I can say is that you are completely normal. Normal to not be pregnant yet, normal enough not to really have grounds to worry, normal to worry anyway, and normal to be happy for your pregnant friends and yet very sad for you.

If these pregnant friends do know you are TTC, please gently correct them next time they complain. Please.

And realize that PS is full of completely obsessed people that track everything and are aware enough to promptly figure out they are pregnant, but the world is also full of people that take 6 mo of trying to get pregnant. Maybe a visit to the doctor would help reassure you?

Oh, and I spent have the weekend in tears for unrelated reasons amplified by PMS. That's unfortunately normal too.
8.gif

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Cara, I agree with you. I think one of the problems is that because I''m SO educated in this I''m like, what? What do you mean it didn''t take? Hello booody... I''ve done the tests and stuff, but if there is no baby in the works 12 mos after trying, I can have the fertility stuff looked at, since 12 mos is when they consider you having fertility issues at 28. So that''ll be fun.

I really want to apologize to all the TTCers who are pregnant, I am truly sorry for peeing on your parades.
7.gif
Seriously.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

Thanks for the congrats everyone! It is cool to have this forum to celebrate since I cannot dance in the halls singing, "I''m preggers, I''m preggers" like I want to. Yet, anyways.

I''m gonna do some thread spamming because there are some posts I want to reply to specifically...

Date: 6/18/2008 9:39:54 AM
Author: blushingbride
Thanks DD - you''re right - that is a great chart! What do the X''s mean under BD?

The X''s mean that we DTD not in the morning, and not in the night... a little afternoon delight, I guess! Two X''s means twice. Yes, we were too eager on CD 10. I thought I wasn''t going to get full-on EWCF that month, since I''d never had it my first two months off bcp, and that day there was *somthing* that I *thought* might be EWCF (it wasn''t) so I wanted to be sure to catch the egg! haha... little did I know there would be ample opportunity this cycle.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/18/2008 9:51:14 AM
Author: peonygirl
Congrats to DD! We are also going to TTC our first cycle off BC, so that gives me hope!!

Also, I wanted to ask you ladies if it''s worth getting the upgrade to VIP FF membership after my trial is over. Are the more extensive programs worth it? Also, if I become pregnant while using it, are the pregnancy features any good? Thanks! :)
Peony, my first three cycles off the pill were infertile, I believe, for various reasons. I think one was anovulatory, and my CF took 3 months to return after bcp, and also in my second cycle my progesterone pooped out really early... so don''t worry--like I did
20.gif
--if it takes a few months. I actually wish now that I had not TTC those first months since it was really stressful and probably wasted energy b/c my body wasn''t ready yet.

I got the VIP membership last month. I liked it, there was a "Search for charts like mine" function that was really cool and that I used a lot. It''s like $16 for three months, I feel like I enjoyed it that much.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/18/2008 12:17:27 PM
15.gif
Amber, I recall from your chart last month that there was a similar lag, or diconnect, between your temps and what the OPK was telling you... TCOYF says that some women''s bodies take longer to react to the progesterone increase that ovulation starts, so there can be a lag of a few days between O and the temp rise. This is normal and nothing to be worried about if that is the case with you! All it means is that you need to KEEP DOING THE F-TASTIC until your temps are up for 2 days, which may actually be about 5 days after you O, but then your bases will be covered.

cara

Ideal_Rock
Amber: I don't know if this will be reassuring to you or not, but this might help me: many embryos don't stick or are miscarried super-early because of development or genetic mistakes. Maybe even 50% of conceptions don't make babies in the end. So... No need to blame your body. (And be a feminist - swimmers could be at fault too!) Maybe some months were timing related no-gos and some months were nature's mistakes, taken away before you got too attached to them. Try to be intellectual about it and give it just a little more time... No need to apologize, this is the TTC thread! (which I am not supposed to be on yet, so keep working BC! For a few more months anyway.)

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Cara, I just had to laugh at that memo to your BC. I remember a scare a year ago (before the wedding) and I was like, NOOOO, My dress is tight enough!

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Amber honey, how many months have you been TTC? I''ve read that, if you have charts showing that you enjoyed some F-statistics at every concievable conception opportunity, that you really only have to wait 4 months before seeking medical advice. Or maybe that''s just for old ladies like me? In any case you could always fudge a little if you wanted to get things checked out faster. It''s not like your insurance company can ''check''.

And can I just say that I can imagine EXACTLY how you feel, and Girl, you vent as much as you want. I don''t think any of us will take it as raining on our parade.

If it''s any consolation, I got WICKED (what I thought was) PMS before my BFP.
31.gif
Ya never know!

regalada

Shiny_Rock
Peonygirl, I kept my membership after getting pregnant on my 8th cycle. I really like the pregnancy features, it creates a timeline for you based on your due date so that you can tell on what date you''ll be __ weeks pregnant, it works great for planning work trips, vacations, etc. It also gives you a weekly update on the baby''s development and changes in your body.

The forums are great, they have birth month buddy groups so that you can compare notes with others giving birth around the time you will be. It''s good for asking questions to see if anyone else has experienced that, people are very nice to one another.

tiffanytwisted

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/18/2008 1:49:46 PM
BB, I hear ya. With all these friends (IRL, not PS) falling into pregnancy that one week after missing a pill (SERIOUSLY?!), I''m really starting to kind of pull inward, ya know? Like I truly can''t take it anymore. It''s so hard to hear them griping about all the problems with being pregnant and ''Oh god, you''re SO lucky you get to have coffee, being pregnant sucks'', REALLY? You''re going to say that to me? I know I haven''t been trying for very long, and at some times I''m totally okay with not being pregnant, but sometimes I''m just so sad. And yes, AF is due in the next three days, which probably explains to all of you why I''m being like Veruca Salt here.
20.gif

If you guys think I''m intolerable here, imagine how my poor knocked up friends are feeling having empty-wombed me being the metaphorical troll under their bridges.
1.gif

BB: Thankfully you have a proactive doctor!
I hear you Amber, it seems EVERYONE I know is either pregnant or just had a baby. One girl at work got pregnant the first month trying, and actually said "it''s easy once you know when you ovulate" Umm, no, it''s not. There''s also 2 women that I work with who are due about 2 weeks before when I would have been due in July; believe me I hear you on the pulling inward. BUT, it will happen!!

tiffanytwisted

Brilliant_Rock
Amber, my doctor told me to go in if it''s been 6 months or longer, he said we didn''t have to try for 12.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results