carat
color
clarity

The LIW Small Talk Thread

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/13/2009 9:34:38 AM
Author: elledizzy5
Bia - Making any progress on wedding planning? Other than the sisterhood of the travelling PS louboutins?
9.gif
We''re going to see some of the venues this weekend. Once we do that, we should know the where and when. Finally. Other than that...NO.

I have started looking at dress though...just for fun.

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/13/2009 9:38:23 AM
Author: Bia

Bia - Making any progress on wedding planning? Other than the sisterhood of the travelling PS louboutins?
9.gif
We''re going to see some of the venues this weekend. Once we do that, we should know the where and when. Finally. Other than that...NO.

Ooh ooh! Where are you looking?

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/13/2009 9:38:23 AM
Author: Bia

9.gif

So you''ve definitely decided on an NY wedding? No DW?

Have you tried stuff on yet??
31.gif

bobbin

Shiny_Rock
Mosquitoes seem to love me too. They leave SO alone completely. I read somewhere it had something to do with whether you eat bananas because of the potassium. However I now cannot remember whether they like more potassium or less...

You can add me to the tall club! 5''10". Luckily SO is 6''4". I have always had a rule that I would not date anyone shorter than me. I also have a rule that I wouldn''t date anyone significantly skinnier than me as it would make me feel too frumpy. Lucky again that SO is pretty solid.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/13/2009 9:43:22 AM
Author: bobbin

Mosquitoes seem to love me too. They leave SO alone completely. I read somewhere it had something to do with whether you eat bananas because of the potassium. However I now cannot remember whether they like more potassium or less...

You can add me to the tall club! 5''10''. Luckily SO is 6''4''. I have always had a rule that I would not date anyone shorter than me. I also have a rule that I wouldn''t date anyone significantly skinnier than me as it would make me feel too frumpy. Lucky again that SO is pretty solid.
You have NO idea how lucky you are!
3.gif

bobbin

Shiny_Rock
Oh, and congratulations on the job CK!

bobbin

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/13/2009 9:44:24 AM

You can add me to the tall club! 5''10''. Luckily SO is 6''4''. I have always had a rule that I would not date anyone shorter than me. I also have a rule that I wouldn''t date anyone significantly skinnier than me as it would make me feel too frumpy. Lucky again that SO is pretty solid.

3.gif

He calls me short
20.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/13/2009 9:46:46 AM

Date: 7/13/2009 9:44:24 AM

3.gif

He calls me short
20.gif
Hahaha. I would love it if ANYONE in my life could call me short! I''ve never been called short!

sparklyheart

Brilliant_Rock
Good morning ladies! How is everyone doing today?

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/13/2009 9:54:29 AM
Author: sparklyheart
Good morning ladies! How is everyone doing today?
Good morning, Sparkly!

I''m pretty good. How are you?

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
Good morning everyone!
35.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Morning, Lilac!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Good Morning everyone.
How was everyones weekend?

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/13/2009 10:03:43 AM
Author: ckrickett
Good Morning everyone.
Morning, CK! Mine was good...busy! But good.

How was yours?

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
This summer has sucked so far. I hate complaining because the truth is I''m lucky right now because I''m not in school (it ended last week) and not working (by choice, not by being laid off) and I''m going to Hawaii on my honeymoon in a month! But up until last week all I did ALL summer was write papers and study. EVERY single weekend I stayed in my apartment or in the library studying. And I finally thought this past weekend I could go to the beach or do something enjoyable, but then 3 of DH and my grandparents got sick. DH''s grandmother and grandfather both have been in the hospital for a week (his grandmother was getting into a car and the guy started driving away before she was in and she fell and tore up her whole knee and needed tons of stitches and surgery and his grandfather had an angiogram and stents put in and they accidentally cut nicked an artery and then he needed emergency surgery for internal bleeding around his heart). And my grandmother also was in the hospital last week with a bad case of the flu and she just got home Friday.

They''re all doing MUCH better, which is really GREAT. Yesterday I suggested going to visit his grandparents in the hospital (2 different hospitals - one on one side of New York City and the other on the complete opposite side) to see how they are and then going to New Jersey to see how my grandmother was also. So on our "first" weekend of summer together, DH and I spent the whole Sunday running around from hospital to hospital and then to my grandmother and we left at 9 in the morning and didn''t get home till 10 at night.

I usually not such a complainer. And I''m SO grateful that everyone is feeling better and coming home from the hospital and I''m very happy we got to see all of them yesterday. I just feel kinda lonely with DH back at work and I really had wanted to spend some fun time with him yesterday.
8.gif

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/13/2009 10:04:23 AM

Good Morning everyone.

How was yours?
Mine was ok, lazy.
Took Multiple trips to Ikea, that was fun!
also the UFC fight was neat to had a mini party at our house.

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
Ok I just re-read what I wrote and I sound like a horrible person.
39.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/13/2009 10:07:11 AM
Author: Lilac
This summer has sucked so far. I hate complaining because the truth is I''m lucky right now because I''m not in school (it ended last week) and not working (by choice, not by being laid off) and I''m going to Hawaii on my honeymoon in a month! But up until last week all I did ALL summer was write papers and study. EVERY single weekend I stayed in my apartment or in the library studying. And I finally thought this past weekend I could go to the beach or do something enjoyable, but then 3 of DH and my grandparents got sick. DH''s grandmother and grandfather both have been in the hospital for a week (his grandmother was getting into a car and the guy started driving away before she was in and she fell and tore up her whole knee and needed tons of stitches and surgery and his grandfather had an angiogram and stents put in and they accidentally cut nicked an artery and then he needed emergency surgery for internal bleeding around his heart). And my grandmother also was in the hospital last week with a bad case of the flu and she just got home Friday.

They''re all doing MUCH better, which is really GREAT. Yesterday I suggested going to visit his grandparents in the hospital (2 different hospitals - one on one side of New York City and the other on the complete opposite side) to see how they are and then going to New Jersey to see how my grandmother was also. So on our ''first'' weekend of summer together, DH and I spent the whole Sunday running around from hospital to hospital and then to my grandmother and we left at 9 in the morning and didn''t get home till 10 at night.

I usually not such a complainer. And I''m SO grateful that everyone is feeling better and coming home from the hospital and I''m very happy we got to see all of them yesterday. I just feel kinda lonely with DH back at work and I really had wanted to spend some fun time with him yesterday.
8.gif

Ugh Lilac that''s not a fun weekend! I''m glad everyone is doing better!

You definitely need some quality time with your DH! So it''s normal to be upset that you missed out. Hopefully you guys find time together soon.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/13/2009 10:07:42 AM

Date: 7/13/2009 10:04:23 AM

Good Morning everyone.

How was yours?
Mine was ok, lazy.
Took Multiple trips to Ikea, that was fun!
also the UFC fight was neat to had a mini party at our house.
I also went to Ikea. We were getting centerpiece stuff!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh... we bought our wedding bands this weekend.
31.gif
31.gif
31.gif

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/13/2009 10:08:44 AM
Ok I just re-read what I wrote and I sound like a horrible person.
39.gif
Not at all Lilac. It''s really stressful to have loved ones in the hospital. Plus, going cross-town is a pain (especially when you''re just headed to another hospital)! Not to mention traveling to Jersey...
Glad everyone''s starting to feel better!

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for making me feel less bad about myself
1.gif
Hopefully next weekend DH and I can do something fun.

elle - pics of wedding bands...???

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
FI''s wedding band....

weddingbandforFI.jpg

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
MY wedding band.
31.gif

ETA: Sorry bout the right click.
38.gif

myweddingband2938742.JPG

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/13/2009 10:20:01 AM
FI''s wedding band....
ooooooI love that.
I love mens rings I swear Ive spent so much time in the mens eyecandy folder

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Thank you Bobbin!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/13/2009 10:07:11 AM

They''re all doing MUCH better, which is really GREAT. Yesterday I suggested going to visit his grandparents in the hospital (2 different hospitals - one on one side of New York City and the other on the complete opposite side) to see how they are and then going to New Jersey to see how my grandmother was also. So on our ''first'' weekend of summer together, DH and I spent the whole Sunday running around from hospital to hospital and then to my grandmother and we left at 9 in the morning and didn''t get home till 10 at night.

8.gif
AW
39.gif

I''m glad to hear everyone is feeling better and I''m sorry that your summer has been sucking.

Is there anything you can do to suprise your DH like maybe a romantic meal and some "fun at home" something where you can spend time with him but that doesnt involve going anywhere. I know I love meals at home I don;t have to get dolled up I can eata nice romanitc meal in my jamjams.... thats thebest.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/13/2009 10:20:24 AM
MY wedding band.
31.gif

38.gif
Oh Elle... I LOVE that!
its gonna look GORGEOUS with that boulder you have.
30.gif
31.gif
30.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/13/2009 9:06:18 AM
Morning everyone!
35.gif

vip - Everytime I see a pet adoption FI has to talk me out of getting another one. Their faces overwhelm me! Sounds like you had fun with the rings, too!
31.gif

B.E.G. - That sucks about the mosquito bites! I never get any sort of reaction when mosquitoes bite me. I guess I''m lucky. No itchy bumps! I hope the kitty situation works out!! I can''t wait to see you post pics of your new baby!!
30.gif

Aggggh so lucky!!! I''m so jealous! My officemate is apparently like that. He got a dozen mosquito bites a few nights ago in the park, and it doesn''t even faze him. One mosquito bite for me, on the other hand, is enough to drive me bonkers

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/13/2009 10:26:19 AM

Date: 7/13/2009 10:20:24 AM
MY wedding band.
31.gif

38.gif
Oh Elle... I LOVE that!
its gonna look GORGEOUS with that boulder you have.
30.gif
31.gif
30.gif
Thanks! She is quite blingy!
11.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results