carat
color
clarity

The LIW Small Talk Thread

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/10/2009 4:09:39 PM
Author: ladypirate
I have a solution for all you tall girls--find a giant. This is Kris and I. Keep in mind I am 5''9''.

KrisandLiz.jpg
I think it''s too late for me, LP. I made plans to marry him in 3 months.
3.gif

But you are one lucky lady to have a guy that tall!

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/10/2009 4:11:16 PM
Author: elledizzy5

3.gif

LOL, Elle--probably too late then. J is adorable, anyhow.
2.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/10/2009 4:12:38 PM

I think it's too late for me, LP. I made plans to marry him in 3 months.
3.gif

2.gif
Sidenote... FI and picked up WoW again, so he could play on a server that a friend of ours is on. We made new characters. On Gnomeregan which is PVE.

All that hard work leveling a 60 and 70 on PVP, and now I'm level 12 on PVE.
20.gif
39.gif

elation

Rough_Rock
Date: 7/10/2009 3:43:55 PM
Author: jcarlylew
i fall on the short side then! only 5''5 3/4 (its an important 3/4). which is why i also seeked out guys who are at least 6 ft tall. its my even ploy to even out the population.

elation - you know we were sample size, right ?
31.gif

I, too, am 5''5" or 6" (as I say it )
3.gif

I didn''t know 6.5 is the sample size! It always seems like the first one gone.

My guy is 6''1" though
1.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock
My ladies...

I just applied for a job that I seriously want--but is ultra competitive--so maybe a little special *dust* my way? My first dust request, but I figured it couldn''t hurt right?

thank you
5.gif

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
UBER DUST

seems like the job dust is strong with the LIW''s

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/10/2009 5:02:43 PM
Author: Bia
My ladies...

I just applied for a job that I seriously want--but is ultra competitive--so maybe a little special *dust* my way? My first dust request, but I figured it couldn''t hurt right?

thank you
5.gif

I bestow upon you the most highly concentrated dust that I currently possess!

TONS AND TONS AND TONS AND TONS AND TONS of dust for you, B!!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/10/2009 2:47:22 PM
Author: princesss
My office cubicles are all half walls. When I walk in heels, I feel like Godzilla storming Tokyo.

This way I could feel like a cute, fashion-forward Godzilla.
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!! Dang, when I wear 4 inch heels, I feel NORMAL.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
My ladies...

thank you
5.gif

Good luck!!

Dang ladies, I''m only 5''1"! And my shoe size is 3.5 for pumps, and I can wear 5s in sneakers. I tend to wear 5s in sandals too - but I had to get my work pumps in Tokyo last summer, at this shop that specializes in tiny clothing and shoes, lol. I felt like a giant in there!

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
Bia - ********dust********* Good luck!!

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Tons of dust your way Bia!!!

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/10/2009 4:16:43 PM

3.gif

2.gif

Sidenote... FI and picked up WoW again, so he could play on a server that a friend of ours is on. We made new characters. On Gnomeregan which is PVE.

All that hard work leveling a 60 and 70 on PVP, and now I''m level 12 on PVE.
20.gif
39.gif

LOL--yay for new characters! I may jump on WoW a bit this week. With the move I haven''t had much time to play.

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
question for ya -
my parents are throwing an engagement party, and are inviting mostly family only (and close friends of my parents since we don''t have family up here). I was thinking of inviting Eric''s good friends who we have been hanging out with lately alot, except...
They got engaged in October (last year) and no one (that i know of) threw them a party. They have already celebrated with us, so.. we dont HAVE to invite them, but i would feel like why do i get to invite my friend that i''ve known forever, and eric doesnt?
ya dig?

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/10/2009 6:32:30 PM
question for ya -

my parents are throwing an engagement party, and are inviting mostly family only (and close friends of my parents since we don't have family up here). I was thinking of inviting Eric's good friends who we have been hanging out with lately alot, except...

They got engaged in October (last year) and no one (that i know of) threw them a party. They have already celebrated with us, so.. we dont HAVE to invite them, but i would feel like why do i get to invite my friend that i've known forever, and eric doesnt?

ya dig?

i dig! i think it'd be really nice to invite them...i'm totally believe in the "more-the merrier" anyway. especially since apparently, no one threw them a party and they're E's good friends.

btw - you, me and elation are shoe size triplets! i'm about 5'1 and BF is 6'4.
23.gif
i guess it's always been easy for me to date a guy taller than me.
3.gif
BF finds it amusing that whoever takes a pic of us has to arrange the camera to "portrait" mode to fit the both of us in. sometimes i make him crouch down in "landscape" pics. hahaha!

Bia - sending major job *DUST* your way!

vcdctrip.JPG

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/10/2009 4:16:43 PM

3.gif

2.gif

All that hard work leveling a 60 and 70 on PVP, and now I''m level 12 on PVE.
20.gif
39.gif
AW snap I understand/
My shammy is still level 70 poor little girl and in her (now worthless) tier 6....
sobsobsob

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
My ladies...

thank you
5.gif
DUUUSSSTTT!!!!!!!!

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
My ladies...

thank you
5.gif

LOTS of *dust*!!

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/10/2009 1:59:19 PM
Author: ckrickett
Aw thanks ladies....
26.gif
1.gif
31.gif

I did I did.

Its part time for now, but a full time position is opening up very soon so that will be even better.

But the part time is enough for me to be excited about since i can finally start making a living again!

i can''t believe i missed this one...YAY ckrickett!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!
36.gif

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Morning mah lovelies!

I''m excited. I get to go to a baby shower today for one of my fathers friends. He got his GF knocked up with TWIN GIRLS!! and if you knew him you would know how amazingly hysterical and ironic and funny the universe can be!!

He will be an uber great father (his gf is pretty young, for him at least). Considering he already raised a fine young gentleman and was like an uncle to me and my sister.

anyway...

CHEERS

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/11/2009 5:09:32 AM
Author: vip0802

Date: 7/10/2009 1:59:19 PM
Author: ckrickett
Aw thanks ladies....
26.gif
1.gif
31.gif

I did I did.

Its part time for now, but a full time position is opening up very soon so that will be even better.

But the part time is enough for me to be excited about since i can finally start making a living again!

i can''t believe i missed this one...YAY ckrickett!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!
36.gif
Aw Thank you VIP, also thank you to all the other ladies that gave dust and support...mucho appreciated!
emrose.gif

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
good morning lovely ladies!
35.gif
i hope you all had a great weekend. i'm suffering from a bit of insomnia right now so i thought i'd get an early start!

so yesterday, 2 of my girlfriends and i went to a local pet adoption fair and while i loved cooing and playing with all the animals, my heart was totally breaking for some of them. some of the pit bulls we saw had been seriously abused and/or were so close to getting euthanized, but these miracle foster parents totally rehabilitated them into the sweetest love bugs! there were so many little kittens too! one foster mom in particular let one of the kittens walk around in a harness and she kept on following me around. every time i would kneel down to pet her, she would rub up on me, purr and roll on her back. the foster mom was like, "she must really like you. i've never seen her do that to anyone else!" aww lady, don't tell me that! i was so tempted but BF would've been livid if i brought home another kitty. even worse was when i finally walked away, the kitten just started mewing so pitifully while looking at me.
39.gif

afterwards, BF and i went to visit my mom at her jewelry shop. growing up, my mom and i would always try on her inventory and she would school me on diamonds. nowadays, it's become our favorite thing to do with each other, so BF didn't even blink an eye when i shoved a gorgeous 1.63 round brilliant in a pave setting in his face. "yes honey, it's very pretty on your hand. would you like me to give my arm, leg or both to your mom for that ring?". haha!
9.gif
i also tried on this STUNNING 1.5 EC ring that was just to die for! i literally had never seen an EC that was so blazingly white and the fire it gave off was amazing...even in fluorescent lighting. it actually made the F colored stone we were comparing it to look yellow-ish! i've never considered an EC for myself since i like cuts with a little more brilliance, but after seeing that ring, it may be a contender. BF even asked my mom to examine it more closely and asked about the price! on the way back home, he started asking questions about the ring like if i had liked that particular style and if i liked the setting.
36.gif
it just makes me giddy to think that a proposal will happen...not anytime soon, but closer than i had originally thought. i can't stop thinking about the ring and now i want to do more ring shopping!

man, i'm going to be tired today...

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Morning everyone! Woke up to another mosquito bite (after already killing one of the buggers last night) at 5 AM. Gah. So far the total damage is 19 bites over the last 7 weeks. My BF, who lives with me, on the other hand, has gotten 0 bites. Jerk.

VIP, that is SO cool that your mom has a jewelry shop. Jealous! What''s your dream ring? I think my future goal (post-law) is to open up my own jewelry store
1.gif
It would make going to work very fun!

So one of the kitten litters I thought I''d be choosing from was born...but with far less kittens than expected. This is pretty unfortunate, because it''s the only brown litter being born in the next however long...and I''m set on having at least one brown rosetted. Plus, the snows (there are two litters due in the next week) are much more expensive, and I can''t afford two (possibly not even one). I''ve started looking at other breeders, and one is promising...just had a litter born with several brown rosetted, and they''re one of THE Bengal breeders...you see their cats in a lot of pedigrees. Plus they''re way more local to me (in S. Illinois). But I''m not sure on pricing yet. Wish me luck - I hope this works out!

ETA: I missed this - CONGRATS Ckrickett!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Morning everyone!
35.gif

vip - Everytime I see a pet adoption FI has to talk me out of getting another one. Their faces overwhelm me! Sounds like you had fun with the rings, too!
31.gif

B.E.G. - That sucks about the mosquito bites! I never get any sort of reaction when mosquitoes bite me. I guess I''m lucky. No itchy bumps! I hope the kitty situation works out!! I can''t wait to see you post pics of your new baby!!
30.gif

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/13/2009 9:06:18 AM
Morning everyone!
35.gif

vip - Everytime I see a pet adoption FI has to talk me out of getting another one. Their faces overwhelm me! Sounds like you had fun with the rings, too!
31.gif

B.E.G. - That sucks about the mosquito bites! I never get any sort of reaction when mosquitoes bite me. I guess I''m lucky. No itchy bumps! I hope the kitty situation works out!! I can''t wait to see you post pics of your new baby!!
30.gif
i might have to defriend you for that comment
7.gif
i woke up to TWO on my back, at hard to reach spots. i am going to look like a tool today trying to reach those bites!

VIP - i hear ya. i almost bought 4 german shepard puppies, until E reminded me how big they will get. aparently we dont have enough room in our apartment for 4 more puppies
20.gif

i work early today, which will be nice. although E is back on nights so i don''t get to talk to him throughout the day
7.gif

oh, and we finally decided on colors. we''re thinking pool/sea blues, bright greens (grass), tan/sand/khaki and pops of yellow.
now if i want a white dress or ivory....

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/13/2009 9:28:06 AM

Date: 7/13/2009 9:06:18 AM
Morning everyone!
35.gif

31.gif

30.gif
i might have to defriend you for that comment
7.gif
i woke up to TWO on my back, at hard to reach spots. i am going to look like a tool today trying to reach those bites!

VIP - i hear ya. i almost bought 4 german shepard puppies, until E reminded me how big they will get. aparently we dont have enough room in our apartment for 4 more puppies
20.gif

i work early today, which will be nice. although E is back on nights so i don''t get to talk to him throughout the day
7.gif

oh, and we finally decided on colors. we''re thinking pool/sea blues, bright greens (grass), tan/sand/khaki and pops of yellow.
now if i want a white dress or ivory....

Hah! You''re not the first person to say that! Everyone hates that I don''t get them.

FOUR german shepards?!??! Oh dear lord.
6.gif

What dresses are you thinking, Jcar??

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Good Morning!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
Goooood morning all.

BEG, we have the same mosquito problem (I have like 47 bites and my husband has none). I heard somewhere that spraying Listerine (the gross original brownish flavor) on the window screens might help. DH read on Snopes that this doesn't work, BUT I haven't gotten any new bites since. It's worth a try?

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Morning, BigT!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bia - Making any progress on wedding planning? Other than the sisterhood of the travelling PS louboutins?
9.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results