carat
color
clarity

The kittens are here!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/22/2009 8:34:32 AM
Author: princessplease
BAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The little babies, OMG, I just want to hug them and rub their little spotted bellies!!!!

They are absoultely adorable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hehe they''re tummies are so adorable. Thanks!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/22/2009 9:07:16 AM
Author: geckodani
They are so precious! Can I just snuggle my face into some spotted belly pleeeease!
5.gif

Hahaha the bellies are getting so plump now too! They''re little eating machines
3.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/22/2009 10:39:47 AM
Author: radiantquest
They are so adorable. I love how they will sleep on their backs. I wish mine would.

I love it when they do! Esp. when they''re flat on their backs with their legs limp so they look like little dolls!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/22/2009 10:42:40 AM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
Date: 10/21/2009 11:28:55 PM

Author: Brown.Eyed.Girl

Date: 10/21/2009 11:25:44 PM

Author: kas baby

oh my goodness they are sooooo gorgeous! this makes me so sad that I can''t get kitties for another year and a half at least!
39.gif
but I don''t want to be moving two kitties cross-country, so I''m waiting and living through the pictures of others
2.gif

thanks for posting more! your boys are beautiful- even if they are little stinkers lol
41.gif

Aww well, there''s a possibility I''ll be taking the boys (both of them) with me overseas in a year, so hopefully it''s possible! Thank you! I hope you get your second kitten soon! (And post lots of pics!)

BEG I would like to volunteer to be a foster mommy if you can''t take these little ones with you. Soooo cute!!

Hehe you got it!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/22/2009 2:36:58 PM
Author: loriken214
Date: 10/21/2009 10:29:38 PM

In their new cat tree

HOW AWESOME IS THIS.....PRECIOUS BABIES!!!!!
30.gif

Lori

Thanks Lori!!

Cat tree is from Cozy Cat Furniture. Here is the one I got: Cat Tree - I got the faux fur version. It''s really nice and sturdy, and not that hard to put together, which is great, since neither BF nor I are mechanically adept
3.gif
Oh and the picture doesn''t show it, but there''s also a little mouse toy dangling from the second highest perch, and the kittens are just crazy about that

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/22/2009 2:54:20 PM
Author: MagsyMay
I love these two cuties! Love the pic of one hiding in the entertainment cabinet!

LOL I have no idea how he wedged himself in there. Esp since that was Kipling, the bigger one - he was just squished in there between the DVD and the cubby wall and seemed perfectly happy
1.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Here are a few more I hadn''t posted. These were taken with my iphone so not the greatest quality but I couldn''t get up, the phone was within reach and the camera wasn''t
3.gif

Kipling ("my computer!")

IMG_0424.jpg

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
All stretched out

BEGSleepingKittens.jpg

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Dante''s turn ("my computer!")

BEGSleepingKittens2.jpg

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Sleeping on my lap

BEGSleepingKittens3a.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
awwww, so adorable!
9.gif
30.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/22/2009 5:02:45 PM
Author: Skippy123
awwww, so adorable!
9.gif
30.gif

Thanks Skippy!
1.gif

portia

Brilliant_Rock
BEG,

I don''t know how I missed this thread... your boys are so adorable! They are the cutest!!!!! Love the pink and blue nails! They are just precious... you must be having so much fun with them. I remember how frustrating your search was, but this seems so worth the wait. You must be soooooo happy to finally have your babies! :)

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/22/2009 9:53:17 PM
Author: portia
BEG,

I don''t know how I missed this thread... your boys are so adorable! They are the cutest!!!!! Love the pink and blue nails! They are just precious... you must be having so much fun with them. I remember how frustrating your search was, but this seems so worth the wait. You must be soooooo happy to finally have your babies! :)

Thanks Portia! I love your av - it looks like our kitties could be siblings!
1.gif
The search was definitely frustrating - I was rereading my thread about it, and the number of breeders that fell through for one reason or another....but it was SO worth it. And I''m so glad the other breeders didn''t work out because I got my precious little babies as a result! I''m definitely happy!

lvnut

Shiny_Rock
BEG - I''m so glad you''ve posted new pictures! I''ve been checking almost every day waiting for updates! Ironically, as I was about to start this post, I heard what sounded like a kitchen chair being knocked over by the boys. Unfortunately, it was a very large ceramic pot that looked lovely in our great room. Not amused right now as they broke the matching taller vase two weeks ago! After that incident (which happened at 1 a.m. in the morning and set off our house alarm!) I found out about something sticky you can put on the bottom of things so they don''t move. Unfortunately, I hadn''t found it yet and I really didn''t think the pot was high enough to be a "tip over" hazard. Ah the joy of kittens...

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/22/2009 2:56:38 PM
Date: 10/21/2009 11:55:44 PM

oh my goodness they are sooooo gorgeous! this makes me so sad that I can''t get kitties for another year and a half at least!
39.gif
but I don''t want to be moving two kitties cross-country, so I''m waiting and living through the pictures of others
2.gif

thanks for posting more! your boys are beautiful- even if they are little stinkers lol
41.gif

Aww well, there''s a possibility I''ll be taking the boys (both of them) with me overseas in a year, so hopefully it''s possible! Thank you! I hope you get your second kitten soon! (And post lots of pics!)

Good luck if you go overseas with them! FI and I are putting off getting ours until after the wedding and we make our move from MI to where ever I get accepted for grad school. As soon as we get settled in we''ll be getting two ragdolls
30.gif
I really miss having cats... my apartment is so lonely without any furbabies running around. and I''m sure I''ll have caught the ''I can''t stop taking pictures of my kitties'' syndrome
9.gif

Aww I love Raggies. If not for my allergies, they would''ve been at the top of my list of breeds! I hope you''ll catch the ''can''t stop taking pictures of my kitties'' syndrome and post them here!

FI and I just adore them. We went to a cat show a few weeks ago and fell even more in love. We were pretty sure that''s the breed we wanted, but when we were asking one of the breeders a question and she plopped her not-so-little-guy in my arms to hold- I turned into mush! soooooo soft, and very sweet.
I will certainly post tons of pics. I have to return the favor right? I just love seeing the pictures of your boys
30.gif
too handsome!

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Oh my goodness, BEG, they are too cute!!! I love sleeping kitties.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/23/2009 9:36:06 AM
Author: lvnut
BEG - I''m so glad you''ve posted new pictures! I''ve been checking almost every day waiting for updates! Ironically, as I was about to start this post, I heard what sounded like a kitchen chair being knocked over by the boys. Unfortunately, it was a very large ceramic pot that looked lovely in our great room. Not amused right now as they broke the matching taller vase two weeks ago! After that incident (which happened at 1 a.m. in the morning and set off our house alarm!) I found out about something sticky you can put on the bottom of things so they don''t move. Unfortunately, I hadn''t found it yet and I really didn''t think the pot was high enough to be a ''tip over'' hazard. Ah the joy of kittens...

Awww sorry to hear about that! That''s the good thing about being poor students I guess - not so many breakables! Though after the first few days, I moved all our trinkets to the bedroom. Actually the bedroom is becoming the repository for things we don''t want the kittens to scratch or bite - like my new leather boots and purse, BF''s sneakers, trinkets, etc.
3.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/23/2009 11:49:38 AM
Date: 10/22/2009 2:56:38 PM

Date: 10/21/2009 11:55:44 PM

39.gif
2.gif

41.gif

Good luck if you go overseas with them! FI and I are putting off getting ours until after the wedding and we make our move from MI to where ever I get accepted for grad school. As soon as we get settled in we''ll be getting two ragdolls
30.gif
I really miss having cats... my apartment is so lonely without any furbabies running around. and I''m sure I''ll have caught the ''I can''t stop taking pictures of my kitties'' syndrome
9.gif

Aww I love Raggies. If not for my allergies, they would''ve been at the top of my list of breeds! I hope you''ll catch the ''can''t stop taking pictures of my kitties'' syndrome and post them here!

FI and I just adore them. We went to a cat show a few weeks ago and fell even more in love. We were pretty sure that''s the breed we wanted, but when we were asking one of the breeders a question and she plopped her not-so-little-guy in my arms to hold- I turned into mush! soooooo soft, and very sweet.

I will certainly post tons of pics. I have to return the favor right? I just love seeing the pictures of your boys
30.gif
too handsome!

Awww that''s so sweet! Do Raggies get really big? I hear they go limp when you pick them up - I think that''s so cute! Kipling does too - he just hangs there, and he''s so cuddly and pudgy
3.gif

Do you think you''ll get a boy and girl, or two boys/two girls? And yes, you have to return the favor and post pics! I''m excited to see them - get cute kittens now!
2.gif

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
I just have to say that your kittens are so adorable! They are the cutest pair of "double trouble" that I have seen in a while!
30.gif

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
BEG, I''ve heard ragdolls get really big, 15-20 pounds and lots of floofy fur- which is incredibly soft!!
30.gif

and you''re right about them going limp, at least from my limited experience with them.

We''ll probably get litter mates or two who are very close in age- we''d like for them to bond easily and keep each other company. We don''t really have a preference on boys vs girls, we just want love bugs. We''re hoping to get a seal (mitted or colorpoint) and a blue bicolor. FI really likes the lighter colors though, so depending on where we end up, we might get a cream if there is a breeder who does that color. Color though, in my opinion, is second to purrsonality
41.gif

I wish I could get two little furbabies now! but apartment is no pets and FI would be jealous, because he lives on the other side of the state right now

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/23/2009 11:52:30 AM
Author: ladypirate
Oh my goodness, BEG, they are too cute!!! I love sleeping kitties.

Aww thanks LP! Me too!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/23/2009 7:03:12 PM
Author: omieluv
I just have to say that your kittens are so adorable! They are the cutest pair of ''double trouble'' that I have seen in a while!
30.gif

Thanks Omieluv! Double trouble is right!
3.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/23/2009 7:50:57 PM
BEG, I've heard ragdolls get really big, 15-20 pounds and lots of floofy fur- which is incredibly soft!!
30.gif

and you're right about them going limp, at least from my limited experience with them.

We'll probably get litter mates or two who are very close in age- we'd like for them to bond easily and keep each other company. We don't really have a preference on boys vs girls, we just want love bugs. We're hoping to get a seal (mitted or colorpoint) and a blue bicolor. FI really likes the lighter colors though, so depending on where we end up, we might get a cream if there is a breeder who does that color. Color though, in my opinion, is second to purrsonality
41.gif

I wish I could get two little furbabies now! but apartment is no pets and FI would be jealous, because he lives on the other side of the state right now

Aww yeah I totally understand. And you'll want them to bond with you both! Those are going to be big kitties! I was originally looking at Siberians (bc they're supposedly hypoallergenic) and they seem to be about the same, with some massive males being as being as 20-25 lbs! The ones I saw were about 15 lbs. Though at the rate that Kipling is growing, he's going to be a big boy too.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/23/2009 11:28:11 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady
Date: 10/22/2009 2:57:26 PM

Date: 10/22/2009 1:23:10 AM

Author: SanDiegoLady

THEY ARE SO GORGEOUS!

Thanks SDLady! I give you credit for starting all of this! I wouldn''t have known about Bengals if not for your Brutus thread months ago - so THANK YOU!
1.gif

Aw!! You''re welcome!!

Brutus is a very happy boy with his new family.. he is happily chipped and loves to catch birds
6.gif
he has in fact, become quite an efficient hunter. lol He now showers with his boys. lol He used to just sit on the ledge of the tub and watch. I miss him every day.. he is still my desktop on my computer.. I haven''t had the heart to visit him or I''m afraid my heart will break all over again.

I''m so glad. I know I checked your thread about Brutus every day to see what happened. SO glad he''s found a great home (and away from those horrible former owners of his). I wish my boys would shower with us! They only stick their heads in, and a couple times have gotten into the tub, but as soon as the spray hits them, out they go like a shot! I think you did a wonderful thing for Brutus - I''m sure he''ll want to say thanks if you decide to go see him! Any progress on finding a forever home, so you can get a couple Bengal babies yourself?
1.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the new pics BEG! They''re so adorable!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/24/2009 9:30:00 PM
Author: ZoeBartlett
I love the new pics BEG! They''re so adorable!

Thanks Zoe! I took a bunch last night (with them awake) so hopefully I''ll have more soon
1.gif

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
BEG, they are so very, very cute! They''re getting pretty big, too!

You mentioned you have cat allergies? Do your babies not bother you? Are Bengals hypoallergenic? I have cat allergies, but I love kitties, and I''d love to know if I could consider a Bengal!

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Amazing pics!! Your little babies are so gorgeous!!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/24/2009 10:00:22 PM
Author: kittybean
BEG, they are so very, very cute! They''re getting pretty big, too!

You mentioned you have cat allergies? Do your babies not bother you? Are Bengals hypoallergenic? I have cat allergies, but I love kitties, and I''d love to know if I could consider a Bengal!

Thanks Kittybean! We took them to the vet today - Kipling is 3 lbs 14 ounces and Dante is 2 lbs 12 ounces. Though Kipling feels heavier!

I do have cat allergies - pretty bad ones actually. I was totally fine with cats until a couple years ago, and I got exposed to my friend''s allergy-monster of a cat (he makes almost everyone sneeze) and since then I''ve reacted to almost every cat I come across.

We initially looked at Siberians because they''re supposed to produce less of the Fel d 1 allergen in their saliva (which gets spread everywhere through dander) and went to a local cattery to do an allergy test. Let''s just say I used up about a couple dozen tissues in an hour, constant sniffling, sneezing, itchiness, runny and red eyes, etc.

We decided to get Bengals since I was just going to deal with it by getting shots (plus Siberians are long-haired and Bengals aren''t) and we got the kittens, and amazingly I''ve had no problem at all. Every once in a while my eyes get a little itchy, but 99% of the time, totally fine (even when I hold them, or rub my face in their fur, lol). I think it''s definitely worth it to visit a show or cattery and test them out!

I''ve heard some Bengal fans say that their fur is a little different (the undercoat especially) so not as much dander may be spread. I have no idea if that''s the reason though!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results