color
clarity

The kittens are here!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
B.E.G. said:
Matata said:
It's a girl on the Argent site. She's expensive due to that gorgeous contrast of black & white. I got Taji from Lequoia. Christina is a terrific person and her cats are fabulous. Personality plus. She is totally hands-on with all the kitties and they are very well socialized. If you do cave in (I can tell you're close LOL) let me know. Maybe we can arrange a get together.

I am INSANELY tempted. Unfortunately, I'm at home at my mom's place, and I really can't get another cat, nor should I really be spending the money on another one. But! Christina said I can do a five-month payment plan during which the kitten will stay with her, get all her shots, get spayed, etc. and I wonder and I hope that by then I'll have a job and be out again and able to afford and have another kitten. But the legal economy sucks and it's not been easy finding a job, so I don't know. But I want her!

The kitten from Argent is gorgeous. I just went and looked on the website, and got sucked into watching ADORABLE videos of the kittens on Youtube. I love the videos with the kittens chasing each other in, out and around the box, and the one facing off against the hamster toy. So cute!

If I do get the kitten from Christina, I may end up flying out to Portland (my BFF lives there), and conning her into driving with me to the breeder. I'm way overdue to visit her anyway :razz: If I do, I will definitely let you know - I'd love to meet you!

Temptation, temptation.....

BEG - we have three cats in our 800sqft apt. I have to say, it's very different from only having two - there's that much more litter, that much more food/water (esp. if you have to separate because they compete, or if one has special dietary considerations), that much more in medical bills/insurance, that much more fur everywhere! Petsitting is more expensive than when we had two. Flying with them is impossible unless we have a third person, as airlines have either number or weight restrictions per carrier (and our cats aren't small - and neither are yours I believe :)) ) Also I've found that our three have certain dynamics that just didn't exist when it was only Greta and Garet - then, they were always the best of friends, but now we find that often two will gang up on the third (though which two seems to change every hour, and at the end of the day they all cuddle together and groom each other so it's not lasting, fortunately!) - but we do have to watch out and make sure it doesn't get too rough, especially if it's the bigger two against the smaller, younger one. We're also planning to move in the next year or so, and we've pretty much resigned ourselves to buying a house - it can be hard to find a (decent) apartment that will accept pets, and when we do they seem to always limit it to two animals!

In all seriousness, signing up for a third pet does complicate things more than you might expect :sick:

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Yssie, that's a REALLY good point. Right now it's super easy because they share bowls, share a litterbox, etc. since they're littermates, but I know I'd have to add another box, food, vet expenses, with a third cat. What I'm really afraid of, though, is that the dynamic will change for the worse with the addition of a new cat (especially since K & D are so close, being brothers and all). I don't want to ruin that. I'll have to think about it.

In the meantime, I am crazy cat lady for sure. I was at Petco earlier and bought an issue of Cat Fancy (but only because there was a Savannah on the cover!).

And FINALLY, I thought you guys might like to see the amazing jumping antics of K & D - Lots_of_acrobatics!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They're totally adorable - and goodness they jump!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Yssie said:
They're totally adorable - and goodness they jump!

Thanks Yssie! I need to get a better video camera than the one on my point & shoot camera - I tried going through the frames on iMovie to get a good still of them in the air (which is nearly impossible just taking pics!) and they're blurry IN the video. Good grief! :razz:

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Whimper.

People are NOT helping me restrain myself from getting a third kitten! I e-mailed my breeder the videos and she said it's too bad I'm not looking for a third kitten - she has one needing a home right now. Want!

Not to mention the ADORABLE kittens up for adoption by one of the rescues that I saw at Petco - the most gorgeous gray and white long-hair and his brother, a beautiful black short hair. So friendly - I spent 30 minutes petting them today (of course, I ended up leaving Petco sneezing!).

portia

Brilliant_Rock
B.E.G. said:
Whimper.

People are NOT helping me restrain myself from getting a third kitten! I e-mailed my breeder the videos and she said it's too bad I'm not looking for a third kitten - she has one needing a home right now. Want!

Not to mention the ADORABLE kittens up for adoption by one of the rescues that I saw at Petco - the most gorgeous gray and white long-hair and his brother, a beautiful black short hair. So friendly - I spent 30 minutes petting them today (of course, I ended up leaving Petco sneezing!).

Hi BEG! I'm here to help you with your problem. silver savannahs {cue the evil laugh} :devil: :devil: :devil:

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Oooh Portia that's mean!!! What gorgeous babies.

Kittens, kittens everywhere....!

I'm tempted between three options now -

The Junglemist silver Bengal girl, currently 18 weeks old, who is now $470.

Junglemist.jpg

The Lequoia silver Savannah girl, currently around 8 weeks old, who is $900 (but I can get her on a 5-month payment plan).

Girl1.8wk2_0.jpg

The Hunters Ridge brown Bengal boy - K & D's nephew - who is around 8-9 weeks and the breeder will sell him to me for $500 and hold him until I'm settled somewhere (this is K & D's breeder).

20101001_28.jpg

But I shouldn't be getting ANY third kitten right now, but I want one!!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
SanDiegoLady said:
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!! If you can envision, I am dancing in my seat right now.. I loooove them.. ♥ [/color]

Get one and save me from temptation? :D

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results