shape
carat
color
clarity

Tearing my hair out

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Never mind.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/16/2008 4:11:07 PM
Author: Dancing Fire
Date: 7/16/2008 12:51:49 PM

Author:prettycushion

My dad educated me about diamonds when I was young and I did extra research about six months ago when my fiance started asking me about what kind of diamonds I liked. I told him I loved cushions and thought that 2ct was the perfect size. He knows I really wanted a great ring because I would have it always, but would be happy with a simple setting and a small wedding.

To give you some background, my finace owns his own business and drives a brand new 911 Porsche. He has a known tendency to be cheap with a lot of things and is always saving money. I think for the most part that is great, but an e-ring is not the place to be cheap, right?!
29.gif

From what I can tell there''s about $10,000 difference between a 2ct K-L range stone and a F-H range.

I feel like if 2ct was more than he wanted to spend he should have said so. I would have been happier with an average-good stone at a smaller size. I feel like that would have been more honest. It feels like he cheaped out by getting such poor color.

I feel selfish and petty, but at the same time cheated. I''m afraid that he doesn''t value me much or that this illustrates that we have large fundamental differences in the way we view money. That could be a really big problem in a marriage that will hurt us down the road.

I want a stone that I can look at 50 years later and love.
8.gif

Help me ladies!!!
so many girls are asking for a 2ct these days
20.gif

maybe after buying the Porsche he couldn''t afford a more expensive ring.

you shouldn''t of ask for a 2 ct

selfish...yep!!
I can say this rudely or I can say this nicely, but it still boils down to a sense of entitlement. I see trouble ahead.
7.gif

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/17/2008 6:57:36 AM
Author: Imdanny

Date: 7/16/2008 4:11:07 PM
Author: Dancing Fire

Date: 7/16/2008 12:51:49 PM

Author:prettycushion

My dad educated me about diamonds when I was young and I did extra research about six months ago when my fiance started asking me about what kind of diamonds I liked. I told him I loved cushions and thought that 2ct was the perfect size. He knows I really wanted a great ring because I would have it always, but would be happy with a simple setting and a small wedding.

To give you some background, my finace owns his own business and drives a brand new 911 Porsche. He has a known tendency to be cheap with a lot of things and is always saving money. I think for the most part that is great, but an e-ring is not the place to be cheap, right?!
29.gif

From what I can tell there's about $10,000 difference between a 2ct K-L range stone and a F-H range.

I feel like if 2ct was more than he wanted to spend he should have said so. I would have been happier with an average-good stone at a smaller size. I feel like that would have been more honest. It feels like he cheaped out by getting such poor color.

I feel selfish and petty, but at the same time cheated. I'm afraid that he doesn't value me much or that this illustrates that we have large fundamental differences in the way we view money. That could be a really big problem in a marriage that will hurt us down the road.

I want a stone that I can look at 50 years later and love.
8.gif

Help me ladies!!!
so many girls are asking for a 2ct these days
20.gif

maybe after buying the Porsche he couldn't afford a more expensive ring.

you shouldn't of ask for a 2 ct

selfish...yep!!
I can say this rudely or I can say this nicely, but it still boils down to a sense of entitlement. I see trouble ahead.
7.gif
Reading it, I'm not so sure it is entitlement as opposed to an assumption or an expectation. Her FI spends money on an expensive car and she knows he has $X in savings, so why not assume he may spend $Y on a ring? I'm not saying it's right, but how many women come here saying they think they know the ball park range but aren't 100% sure? My guess is there's nothing here that is selfish or malicious but rather an expectation that wasn't met, whether it was unrealistic or because of a lack of communication.

ETA: To the original poster, please post pictures in SMTR when you can! I'd love to see your gorgeous cushion!

tradergirl

Brilliant_Rock
Dear Ms. Disney Bride:

I have no idea who you have me mixed up with but I suffer from no lack of diamonds and never have. The difference is, I buy them myself (other than my wedding ring) and therefore, appreciate the effort that goes into making the large amounts of money that they cost. You might consider that yoruself sometime when you decide to pass judgment on people you know nothing about.

cbs102

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/17/2008 8:52:22 AM
Author: tradergirl
Dear Ms. Disney Bride:

I have no idea who you have me mixed up with but I suffer from no lack of diamonds and never have. The difference is, I buy them myself (other than my wedding ring) and therefore, appreciate the effort that goes into making the large amounts of money that they cost. You might consider that yoruself sometime when you decide to pass judgment on people you know nothing about.
she also did not READ what RX was saying either.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
OP, I feel so badly about saying what I said that I''ve been trying to post this for two hours. My wire-less AT&T connection kept freezing up on me.
40.gif

This is what I get for not thinking a little bit more before I speak.

So here goes (I hope you understand that at this point I have to summarize what I wanted to say).

I apologize for saying that you seem to have a sense of entitlement. That was not a productive thing to say.

If you are reading this, I want you to know that there were a few things about your original post that might be expected to raise eyebrows.

We don''t really know his finances, we don''t know what you communicated to him, and we have no fair way to judge whether he "cheated" you or was "cheap."

These are pretty shocking things to say in a public forum about one''s finance and I don''t think that a diamond forum is the place where it can be sorted out. This would have to involve him.

You liked the size, the shape, the cut, and the clarity of your diamond. AND you liked the color well enough until someone told you something that didn''t fit with your idea of what it should be. Add the fact that it''s the size you asked for and the fact that we really have no way to know what was in his thought process when he chose it, and we''re pretty much stumped.

I hope that you work things out with him and that you end up being satisfied with your ring.

tradergirl

Brilliant_Rock
No, I suspect the objections voiced by some of these "young professionals" to my viewpoint is that they hold the same expectations as the OP and are not happy being called on it. Whatever. This has just been funny and the market is about to open. Have a good day ya''ll.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/17/2008 9:06:44 AM
Author: tradergirl
No, I suspect the objections voiced by some of these ''young professionals'' to my viewpoint is that they hold the same expectations as the OP and are not happy being called on it. Whatever. This has just been funny and the market is about to open. Have a good day ya''ll.
yeah, go make some
22.gif
looks like a strong open for the market.

Brynn

Rough_Rock
Hi Prettycushion!

Just had to chime in to tell you that I get why you''re upset.

I think Bliss summed it up so well (as she does so frequently!!)...

''And I think that does have big underlying issues. The whole point of love is being able to put the other before yourself. Right?''

I think you''ve gotten a lot of great advice. (And a few really really nasty personal attacks. Seriously. Bad form.)

Here''s what I think, FH heard what you asked for and got it (who knows how color sensitive he is? I bet this was the stone that ''sung'' to him!!). I bet if you had told him that you would have compromised size for color his decision would have matched up more succinctly with yours. I guess I would assume that he made the best decision with the information he had.

If there are other things that make you assume that he''ll put his needs in front of yours throughout your life together, then there''s absolutely a larger issue here. And one that I would spend some time thinking about.

(Just had to let you know too that there''s a K emerald cut on good old gold that would make my D-G loving heart sing!!! Maybe this could be that diamond for you after you get everything else figured out)

You''ll get it figured out doll!

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/16/2008 9:54:35 PM
Author: Skippy123
Prettycushion, count me in the camp of wanting to see pics please and I hope things work out. Is it time for pie?
1.gif

good call, skippy. It''s totally time for pie.

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/17/2008 12:17:51 AM
Author: Your Girl
Loooooong time lurker -- former poster (forgot my old p-word so i reregistered)

You know, I don''t think jealousy has much to do with the negativity on here. There are sooooo so so many wonderful rings on here that it''s crazy to think someone would get jealous over any 1 more than the others. For instance, someone had a 5+ ct on SMTR today and nothing but positive comments were present. The OP there just said something like, ''here''s my ring.'' That''s cool -- nobody is going to take offense to that.

Other threads have other things going on. Here the OP and then other posters make comments that make others feel as though they''re being degraded (i.e. K color is crappy). On another recent thread someone with a large ring drew a lot of criticism and I think it was b/c of the way she handled herself on the thread. Basically coming off like a princess and refusing to admit that there was another side to her story. Then when people called the OP out on it, a bunch of ''net nannies'' jumped to her defense and began starting more trouble than there ever should have been. I think by this point a lot of you know I''m talking about crookedrocks thread a while back. I didn''t care one bit about the ring but it made me sick that she felt the need to pass judgment on everyones'' comments whether they were positive or negative.

Sometimes people just annoy you with the way they conduct themselves. I think that''s the reason for negativity rather than mere jealousy. I will say though that jealousy is evident in a lot of posts within these already negative threads.

Just my 2 cents. The net nanny syndrome on here really perplexes me at times... That''s what drives these threads more than negativity

I think that''s a spot-on observation, your girl.

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Pretty Cushion,

I just wanted to say that I can relate to your situation, and I think that figuring out how to navigate this situation will only make your relationship stronger.

I got married 3.5 years ago with an heirloom diamond for my engagement ring and a plain gold band. Because DH's band was platinum and mine was gold, we spent approximately equivalent amounts on each other (e-ring and band for me, watch and band for him). Anyway, not that I thought it had to be equivalent. I just wanted to get him what he wanted and felt we didn't have the $ to get me a diamond band. So I didn't even ask for one.

Two years ago we went back to France, where we had gotten engaged. We had a little more $ and I thought it would be so sweet for DH to give me a diamond band there. I thought I had made this idea obvious enough that he had gotten it, but not so obviously that he would feel like he wasn't surprising me.

So anyway, we're in Paris, there's no ring, we have a big fight, DH sort of heard my diamond band comments but thought such a gift should only be given on a "big" anniversary and that I was saying that the band we had gotten married with wasn't special. I posted about it on here, and got some responses indicating that DH was a jerk who was obviously refusing to get me a ring so that he could control me.

But that's not the case. We just had different perspectives. As fate would have it, we got bumped from our flight back home, and the cash they gave us was the perfect amount for a ring, so we did go get one. A few weeks later over a nice dinner I explained to DH how thinking of diamond jewelry and researching it and picking it out gives me joy, like he gets from his bikes. A lightbulb went off in his head. He had been thinking, like some people have said about some posters here recently, that I was saying that his gift wasn't good enough, or that diamonds should only be given for special occasions. After that conversation, I know I have carte blanche to ask for or buy pieces I've got my eye on, budget permitting.

I suspect that it's a similar situation with your fiance. Most jewelers don't have a lot of 2 carat stones in various fancy shapes. It could even be that it was the only 2 carat cushion the place had, or the only well cut sparkly one. He probably walked in and asked for a 2 carat cushion. I doubt he thought to say, "Or a 1.5 carat cushion if you only have lower color 2 carats." Even if they did show him a D and a K, I still wouldn't think that his decision indicates an unwillingness to make you happy, just that he couldn't tell the difference and therefore couldn't justify the price difference (or couldn't afford it). A lot of posters here go for J-K stones to maximize the size, knowing that most people can't tell the difference and that a great cut will be what people notice. I'm one of them!

Once you get it appraised or look at the certificate and know for sure what its stats are, then you can ask why he chose the particular stone. If he says, "Well, I asked for a 2 carat cushion and this is what they brought me," then maybe you can broach the subject of exchanging it for a higher color stone. But if you are even color sensitive and you didn't know it was K or L, then I'd say keep it and wear it in health and happiness.

P.S. I know how it can be to read a post that hits a nerve with you, and you find yourself typing a response that reflects your own sensitivities and issues without realizing that perhaps you're projecting a bit. I think I did that recently in another thread. But I'm sorry to see how much, "She [negative adjective!]" "No she's not!" "Well, maybe I said she is, but I also said [x,y,z], thus repeating myself and providing no new information" "But that IS being [negative adjective]" 'Well, maybe, but at least I'm not [a,b,c]" has been going on in this thread. My goodness. Yawn.
20.gif
Don't let a few people repeating themselves ad nauseum scare you away from PS.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/17/2008 9:58:02 AM
Author: tberube

You know, I don't think jealousy has much to do with the negativity on here. There are sooooo so so many wonderful rings on here that it's crazy to think someone would get jealous over any 1 more than the others. For instance, someone had a 5+ ct on SMTR today and nothing but positive comments were present. The OP there just said something like, 'here's my ring.' That's cool -- nobody is going to take offense to that.

Other threads have other things going on. Here the OP and then other posters make comments that make others feel as though they're being degraded (i.e. K color is crappy). On another recent thread someone with a large ring drew a lot of criticism and I think it was b/c of the way she handled herself on the thread. Basically coming off like a princess and refusing to admit that there was another side to her story. Then when people called the OP out on it, a bunch of 'net nannies' jumped to her defense and began starting more trouble than there ever should have been. I think by this point a lot of you know I'm talking about crookedrocks thread a while back. I didn't care one bit about the ring but it made me sick that she felt the need to pass judgment on everyones' comments whether they were positive or negative.

Sometimes people just annoy you with the way they conduct themselves. I think that's the reason for negativity rather than mere jealousy. I will say though that jealousy is evident in a lot of posts within these already negative threads.

Just my 2 cents. The net nanny syndrome on here really perplexes me at times... That's what drives these threads more than negativity

I think that's a spot-on observation, your girl.
Ditto!

I also noticed that a lot of responses are from newish members (I'm a newish member myself) who probably want to add their two cents (I've done this many times in the past). I noticed the more veteran members feel less of a need to "weigh in" on it. I noticed this myself because when I first read the message I thought to myself "get a smaller, whiter stone. Boom, done' and then thought "that's weird, I wasn't judgemental".

I wonder if the longer you are on PS, the more prone you are to just offer a solution and not give an opinion about the situation? Who knows!

girlie-girl

Brilliant_Rock
Perhaps the moderators should just lock this thread as prettycushion hasn''t even responded since PAGE 2, did anyone even notice? I think the discussion has far surpassed the post''s intent. There is NO WAY any of us can say anything else to help her. Deep down she knows what she needs to do and only she can decide to do it.

Just remember these two things:

1. Open and honest communication is essential for a successful relationship.
2. If you don''t have anything nice to say, don''t say anything at all.

12.gif

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/17/2008 10:09:31 AM
Author: NewEnglandLady
Date: 7/17/2008 9:58:02 AM

Author: tberube

You know, I don''t think jealousy has much to do with the negativity on here. There are sooooo so so many wonderful rings on here that it''s crazy to think someone would get jealous over any 1 more than the others. For instance, someone had a 5+ ct on SMTR today and nothing but positive comments were present. The OP there just said something like, ''here''s my ring.'' That''s cool -- nobody is going to take offense to that.

Other threads have other things going on. Here the OP and then other posters make comments that make others feel as though they''re being degraded (i.e. K color is crappy). On another recent thread someone with a large ring drew a lot of criticism and I think it was b/c of the way she handled herself on the thread. Basically coming off like a princess and refusing to admit that there was another side to her story. Then when people called the OP out on it, a bunch of ''net nannies'' jumped to her defense and began starting more trouble than there ever should have been. I think by this point a lot of you know I''m talking about crookedrocks thread a while back. I didn''t care one bit about the ring but it made me sick that she felt the need to pass judgment on everyones'' comments whether they were positive or negative.

Sometimes people just annoy you with the way they conduct themselves. I think that''s the reason for negativity rather than mere jealousy. I will say though that jealousy is evident in a lot of posts within these already negative threads.

Just my 2 cents. The net nanny syndrome on here really perplexes me at times... That''s what drives these threads more than negativity

I think that''s a spot-on observation, your girl.

Ditto!

I also noticed that a lot of responses are from newish members (I''m a newish member myself) who probably want to add their two cents (I''ve done this many times in the past). I noticed the more veteran members feel less of a need to ''weigh in'' on it. I noticed this myself because when I first read the message I thought to myself ''get a smaller, whiter stone. Boom, done'' and then thought ''that''s weird, I wasn''t judgemental''.

I wonder if the longer you are on PS, the more prone you are to just offer a solution and not give an opinion about the situation? Who knows!

funny...I was thinking the same thing. Although I''m not yet quite as generous a poster as you, NEL (I''m a little more "newish" than you are), I also feel my diplomacy is growing more and more as time goes on. Maybe after reading a few of these posts you gain a different perspective on things, and learn not to take EVERYTHING an OP says for face value.

prettycushion

Rough_Rock
Date: 7/16/2008 9:23:38 PM
Author: pauly1

Well, this was a good one! I need to get a napkin and wipe the popcorn butter off my keyboard.

1.gif

Wow! I never expected so many responses! Thanks everyone! I agree with the popcorn comment. I think this touches on a really hot issue that gets people worked up. Which does make it kind of entertaining!

On one side there is the thought that I may have a sense of entitlement, which I think you guys are right to point out, and I need to hear it so I can be sensitive to that. I can''t ask for feedback if I''m afraid of honest criticism, right? I did grow up in a wealthy environment and I know a lot of children of wealthy parents do get this obnoxious sense that the world owes them something. I need to look out for that in myself, because I most definitely don''t want to be that person. (Side note on this issue: I think some people just think that wanting nice things shows a sense of entitlement. I disagree. Everyone can aspire and work towards having nice things, I think that it''s expecting to have them for nothing that is a problem.) I believe in working hard for what you get. (Also, it never crossed my mind that if it''s less than a D/E I''d be upset.)

On the other hand there''s this : "Most dangerously, she should NOT "be happy with what she has" if, in fact, her husband treats her poorly and is selfish. Ideally, she would recognize these flaws in him BEFORE marrying him so that she can take responsibility for her happiness by leaving him!" Right! Isn''t this the time to look for major character flaws that could be a huge problem later?! I think that someone''s actions demonstrate their values and I should think seriously about getting married to someone who is generous with himself, but not me.

As I see it that''s how the main issues boil down.

In response to one more issue that came up: that I''m bashing my FI behind his back. That was certainly not my intent! I was upset for sure, so I thought this would be a good safe place to vent and get honest feedback. If I had gone blabbing to all my friends that would be different. I also may not have gotten as straightforward responses. You don''t know me or him and you guys have given me great food for thought.

So...... would you like the update?

Well, I''m a terrible liar because my face shows all my emotions right away. So my FI could tell that I was upset about something. I really wanted to get my head straight about this issue before I said anything stupid, but he pushed me to tell him what was up. So, in I''m sure was not the classiest way possible, I told him what I learned and that I was concerned about the color of the ring. So he got totally angry with me and called me selfish (so there you go for all the crowd that wanted me to hear that) and that was the end of it till later yesterday.

I had a chance to vent about it and get my head straightened out. I listened to your comments and I really considered that he may have made an honest mistake and didn''t understand my wishes or that my expectations may have been out of line. I also keep looking at my ring and I really think it''s pretty so this is making me nuts!

Later he brought it up again. He wasn''t angry at that point and did say that what I said had been hurtful. (I totally understand). He told me he knew it was important to me and so did his homework and looked at lots of diamonds. He thought that this was really the very best balance of color, size and sparkle for the value. He assured me that it was higher than a K in color.

??

So now I don''t know what to do again. Do I ask to see the cert? Has he been duped? Have I gotten bad info on the color?

hmmm....

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
It''s possible that it is higher than K. First of all no one can accurately color grade a diamond that is mounted (and that is what the jeweler you saw did, he gave an opinion, not a proper grade against a master set).

If it''s important for you to know for sure, then you need to have the diamond unmounted and send it off to GIA (unless there already IS a GIA report, in which case it has been graded regardless of what some other jeweler may "think" it is). You could have it unmounted and appraised but I would have less confidence in their opinion vs. a GIA report.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for checking back in--in my opinion, if you can recognize criticism and respond in a respectful way, it shows maturity. Moving on to the topic...

Your fiance is hurt because he chose something he thought you''d love and now he knows you''re not happy with the color, which is understandable. So now it''s up to you...do you push for a different stone or do you love what was given to you?

There is another issue here, however, and that is whether the jeweler was honest with him about the stone. Did he say if the stone was certified? If not, an independent appraisal might be in order.

girlie-girl

Brilliant_Rock
I'm really happy to see a post from you after all this thread has been through. I'm also very pleased that you have been able to pick out the advice that was given with good intentions and take a good look at the situation both from your perspective and how it appears from others'. Kudos to you for being honest with your guy even though his original reaction wasn't the best. I never said so, but I too thought he probably picked out what he thought was the best for what you wanted. It sounds like that was exactly the case so I'm not too surprised with his reaction.

As far as him thinking he got a diamond graded higher than K and you feeling the jeweler's comment about its color is valid, I'd suggest sending the ring to an independant appraiser to make sure. I don't suggest that because I feel the ring is lower than what he thought he was getting, but more because I want you both to be paying for the color you've received and the only way to know that for sure is to have it appraised (does it have a GIA cert to match it to?).

Hang in there, it sounds like with some more open discussions things will be okay. Keep us posted and thanks for not disappearing on us.

31.gif
Now, with regard to pics of this ring that has caused so much discussion. Do you feel comfortable sharing pics with us? I'd love to see it!

Have a great day!
9.gif

2Artists

Brilliant_Rock
This make me think of Web MD. You type in a symptom say a headache or whatever and it gives you an idea of what could be wrong. Could be a sign of something serious or it it could just be a plain old freaking headache. Maybe from noise,stress or reading this whole thread in one sitting-kidding. Still something to pay attention to.

Anyhow-one can come here type in their diamond dilemma (AKA symptom) and get a diamond diagnosis from a myriad of different angles. It can be useful/confusing.

Depending on the lens with which people view things (the one forged by their own life experiences) people are given many a prognosis ranging from "it's terminal" to "just take a Tylenol/get an icepack on that head".

It's just plain interesting.

Mrs.2Artists

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
If he KNOWS it is not a K, I would check the paperwork, as someone in a store with a mounted stone is not likely to be as accurate, but he should make sure he got what he paid for initially.

I am glad that you did get to say it, I am sorry it hurt him, but at least now it is out in the open and you can address it. I would tend to doubt he is uncaring towards your feelings, or does not consider you, so I am certain that is not what motivated him. He did seem to want to make you happy...

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
If seeing the certificate is going to set your mind at ease, then I would ask for it. But understand that if you do, he *may* misconstrue that as you telling him you don’t trust him so you need to be sensitive when asking for it.

prettycushion

Rough_Rock
Date: 7/17/2008 1:00:40 PM
Author: fieryred33143
If seeing the certificate is going to set your mind at ease, then I would ask for it. But understand that if you do, he *may* misconstrue that as you telling him you don’t trust him so you need to be sensitive when asking for it.

My thoughts exactly.

My mind is not at ease with this, but I don''t want to to be more insensitive either.
33.gif

prettycushion

Rough_Rock
And I absolutely PROMISE to post pics as soon as I have this figured out a little better. ok?

2Artists

Brilliant_Rock
Hi again prettycushion! While I was typing my previous post yours came up-didn''t see it till now. I just wanted to say you are a brave woman to reply to all of this. Whether people agree/disagree with you-props for your moxy!
1.gif

Mrs.2Artists

prettycushion

Rough_Rock
Date: 7/17/2008 12:58:53 PM
Author: girlie-girl
I''m really happy to see a post from you after all this thread has been through. I''m also very pleased that you have been able to pick out the advice that was given with good intentions and take a good look at the situation both from your perspective and how it appears from others''. Kudos to you for being honest with your guy even though his original reaction wasn''t the best. I never said so, but I too thought he probably picked out what he thought was the best for what you wanted. It sounds like that was exactly the case so I''m not too surprised with his reaction.

As far as him thinking he got a diamond graded higher than K and you feeling the jeweler''s comment about its color is valid, I''d suggest sending the ring to an independant appraiser to make sure. I don''t suggest that because I feel the ring is lower than what he thought he was getting, but more because I want you both to be paying for the color you''ve received and the only way to know that for sure is to have it appraised (does it have a GIA cert to match it to?).

Hang in there, it sounds like with some more open discussions things will be okay. Keep us posted and thanks for not disappearing on us.

31.gif
Now, with regard to pics of this ring that has caused so much discussion. Do you feel comfortable sharing pics with us? I''d love to see it!

Have a great day!
9.gif

And yes to this too.

He does consistently show an effort to make me happy and talk with me with I really appreciate.
19.gif

I am also a little concerned that he may have been given misinformation. An independent appraisal sounds like it might not be a bad idea.

prettycushion

Rough_Rock
Date: 7/17/2008 1:12:25 PM
Author: prettycushion
Thanks
28.gif

Ugh. I am still new here and getting used to this format.

That was a quick thanks to Mrs 2Artists for your last post

cara

Ideal_Rock
Ask to see the cert at some point. If it is uncerted, get an independent appraisal. Maybe for putting together an insurance policy? But also think carefully about what your reaction will be when you see the cert. If it is a J, will you be hurt? Are you starting to feel better about your stone, or do you think that you will still want to trade in for a higher color?

Kudos to you for talking with him about it. Even if hurtful, there is a danger to just swallowing certain things in a relationship.

rcrosier

Shiny_Rock
I''m glad that it worked out for you. It sounds like the debate over whether or not he cares is over, which is the most important part! Plus, he actually went through the trouble of learning about diamonds and trying to find the best combo of the 4Cs for the money! That effort says a lot more about him that if he just walked into a store and bought the first G colored diamond that the bum layed in front of him! Sounds like you got a pretty good guy to me. Finally, I would guess that the diamond is proably an I, and the noob that appraised/evaluated it for you the first time doesn''t know WTH he''s doing.

Good luck and regards,

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results