shape
carat
color
clarity

Sweetie, can I get an opal pendant?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
So, it''s not quite back to the drawing board, but...I think stone #2 is too big. By the time I set it and add the accent stones, the pendant is going to be too large for me. It also has a large chunk of what they call sand, on the end. It would be covered by the bezel but that still makes the stone much more fragile (and that explains why it was cheaper than I expected).

I contacted the vendor of stone #1, that I LOVE but is too small. She''s found me another stone that is 18mm x 13mm x 4mm, part of the same parcel as #1.

Here''s a pic. Bear in mind that the pics don''t do the opal justice. I am still amazed at the fire of the ilttle pear shaped one. IF they are a good match, I might even incorporate the smaller pear into the larger oval...

LS

Foo328.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
That opal is really lovely, too, LS! I''m a sucker for red flashes.

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/8/2010 10:22:08 PM
Author: Fly Girl
That opal is really lovely, too, LS! I''m a sucker for red flashes.
Thank you for all of your help. I think I''ll order the Oval #3, and maybe return the original pear shaped one - might be too much going on with 2 opal stones + RB''s.

LS

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results