shape
carat
color
clarity

Suddenly, I think I''m in the process of buying my ring!

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Eek, exciting!!

caroleena

Shiny_Rock
Trade
wooohooo!!!! very excited - can''t wait till your bf comes back!!

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
Beezygal, Indylady,Caroleena - I''m totally excited but I promise I''ll be good.

Paperwork is done, but customs is slow, so I should have it by tomorrow.
In the mean time .... another fingerwarmer came
2.gif
9.gif

merilenda

Brilliant_Rock
So exciting! I''m actually looking around at GOG cushions, too! I like the more square shaped ones. Kind of the best of both worlds between princess and round. I''ve looked at SO MANY sites, but I really like the GOG has videos. I''ve decided to inform my BF that he should get in contact with GOG about it.
9.gif

Have you seen this post? It''s a GOG cushion of a similar size (your size is probably about what I''m shooting for as well). Set in a Gabriel & Co setting. I think you said you had a setting chosen, but I couldn''t remember. Such a great price, too. I''m leaning toward something like this!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/gabriel-co-setting-with-gog-cushion.126959/

So excited for you! Definitely post tons of pictures when BF comes back!

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
Merilenda - That''s a gorgeous ring! I have chosen a simple setting without melee, but if you want bling I think that would be a perfect setting for you. Do you prefer modern cushions/ cushion briliants or August Vintage cushions? I have a soft spot for square cushions too.

The box arrived this morning
9.gif
and BF is due home later today, but I ''m not sure when the proposal will happen.

Butterflies + fidgety = me
6.gif
40.gif
5.gif
32.gif
9.gif

454fedexbox1.jpg

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
OOOHHH!!! If I were you, the rest of the day would be going by sooooo SLOWLY! You must have some willpower not to tear that box open! Can't wait to see it!

Oh and I'm working on pictures of my lovely tin foil ring. I have to go to work soon, but I should be able to take some quick ones!

dawnabee

Shiny_Rock
aaaaahhhhhhh!!! i would be going nuts

cant wait to seeeee
36.gif

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
omgomgomg.. i''m having a panic attack for you...

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, I don''t know how to make a collage on a mac so they will be in two separate posts. This is the cushion ring.

tinfoilcushion.JPG

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
This is the round. For some reason, the round faces up smaller. When I figure out the area for both stones (which are almost exactly the same carat weight), the cushion has a larger area. But, I had always thought that AVC''s faced up smaller because of their depths. I don''t know. My measurements are far from exact and the tin foil shank that I made is about 3mm, which is 0.5mm larger than what I would want. Oh and I''m a 6.5 ring size for reference. I still can''t decide and I''m still excited for you!!
36.gif
36.gif

tinfoilround.JPG

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
Mayflowers, Dawnabee, and Beezygal - let''s all just sit down and take a deep breath. maybe have some tea.

Mayflowers: Those are some gorgerous temp rings
9.gif
. I think I like the cushion shape on your hand because it elongates your fingers a bit, but I definately have a cushion bias
3.gif
. An RB will always return more white light, than a cushion and little flashes of fire, but the cushion (if it''s an AVC) will produce more big flashes of fire. Have you tried both stone shapes on in real life? I''ve noticed that even 1mm of bandwidth can make a big difference in how you percieve your center stone.

I''ve gotta chill out and go to work - later ladies!

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Where is BF? The suspense is killing me!

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
CONGRATS.....

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/7/2010 2:28:18 PM
Author: HopeDream
Mayflowers, Dawnabee, and Beezygal - let''s all just sit down and take a deep breath. maybe have some tea.

Mayflowers: Those are some gorgerous temp rings
9.gif
. I think I like the cushion shape on your hand because it elongates your fingers a bit, but I definately have a cushion bias
3.gif
. An RB will always return more white light, than a cushion and little flashes of fire, but the cushion (if it''s an AVC) will produce more big flashes of fire. Have you tried both stone shapes on in real life? I''ve noticed that even 1mm of bandwidth can make a big difference in how you percieve your center stone.

I''ve gotta chill out and go to work - later ladies!

I think I''m really starting to like the cushion shape as well. I haven''t ever tried on a cushion IRL, but I have tried on a round. I think part of me is still drawn to those perfectly formed arrows in a round. But, I do really like the shape of a cushion on my hand. I really like that the AVC would be completely unique and that I know I would never see anyone else with my ring. I like AVC''s a little more rectangular too. The one I pulled dimensions for has a L/W ratio of 1.07, which is the same as ArjunaJane''s AVC. Her AVC is what originally drew me into cushions in the first place! I need to go to Shane Co. soon to get my earrings reset. Maybe while I''m there I can try on some cushions. I know they won''t compare to what an AVC will look like, but I think it will give me an idea of the shape on my hand. I really really really wish I could just stop by New York and go try on one of these beauties. Hmmm...I wonder how much a plane ticket there is and how long it will take me fly there and back in one day? Oooooohhhh. My evil plan is beginning!
11.gif

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
cheerleader1.gif
Do we have to wait until he proposes to see ring shots?

PavePrincess

Shiny_Rock
HOW EXCITING! I would demolish that box if I were you!!
11.gif
I can''t wait to see it on your finger! Can you do 1 pic of it next to your foil ring? That would make my day..
35.gif

merilenda

Brilliant_Rock
I am so excited to see what''s in that box! I really really love AVCs, or at least a chunkier cushion. So I''m very excited to see yours. Is BF home yet? Does that mean that we can see it, or do we have to wait for the proposal? Hah, I love how we''re all waiting for our own proposals and each others on top of it!

caroleena

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Date: 5/8/2010 1:30:26 AM
Author: merilenda
I am so excited to see what''s in that box! I really really love AVCs, or at least a chunkier cushion. So I''m very excited to see yours. Is BF home yet? Does that mean that we can see it, or do we have to wait for the proposal? Hah, I love how we''re all waiting for our own proposals and each others on top of it!

totally agree!! I jumped out of bed, came straight to my computer to check out the forum to see if anything happened. hehe

dawnabee

Shiny_Rock
Meee too ... I can''t wait to seee!!

24.gif
Time for a nap now lol

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
Update: BF is home but nothing yesterday *pouty face*. He''s the type of guy who would make a day of it (I think) so probably nothing for a couple of days yet.
Last night we has sushi went to see the movie Kick *ss which was a little too violent for my taste, but BF had wanted to see it before it left the theater. I''ll keep you posted. He said the ring arrived in it''s box (I was a little worried it might not). I definitely am a Lady in Waiting!

Mary Poppins: Me too! luckily my job requires my full attention, so I don''t think about the ring all day.

Jessie 702 - Thank you !

MayFlowers - Have you seen the square cushion hearts and arrows? Square shape plus arrows! here''s a comparison between an AVC and a square cushin hearts and arrows: AVC vs SCHA. You can have diamonds sent to an appraiser near you for comparision for only a couple of hundred dollars, but a new york trip would be so much fun!

IndyLady - You''ll have to wait for ring shots because I haven''t seen the ring yet.

PavePrincess - Yes I will absolutely take a picture of the ering and the foil ring next to each other
9.gif

Merlenda - Unfortunately we''re all still ladies in waiting. No new developments yet. I think I like waiting for other''s proposals more than I like waiting for my own.

Caroleena - Me too! I''m glad that the forums are more active now - they were fairly slow for a while. I find chatting to people definitely helps.

Dawnabee - A nap sounds good - I don''t think I slept at all last night.

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/8/2010 8:46:12 AM
Author: caroleena

totally agree!! I jumped out of bed, came straight to my computer to check out the forum to see if anything happened. hehe
same here... can your bf just proposal already? I wanna see hand shot!!! HAND SHOT! HAND SHOT! HAND SHOT!
41.gif

luckynumber

Brilliant_Rock
hmmm...i may be off track here...but i think beezy would like a handshot.....

2.gif

caroleena

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Date: 5/9/2010 5:31:53 AM
Author: luckynumber
hmmm...i may be off track here...but i think beezy would like a handshot.....

2.gif

how did you get that impression? you must have some awesome psychic abilities
5.gif

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
HAND SHOT HAND SHOT!!!
lol

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
Well a New York trip is a bit out of budget right now. Too bad, because it would have been loads of fun. But, I''m not a big fan of the square cushions H&A mostly because it is square. I really like rectangular cushions better. I think I will truly be happy with either a RB or an AVC. The thing that I can''t decide is which one I will love forever. It is like you said in your other thread. I just can''t commit to one or the other. It''s so much more difficult to commit to this ring which will be on my hand forever, than it was to commit to BF. I love the rectangular shape, large flashes, and unique-ness of the AVC. I also love the classic-ness, the arrow pattern and the overall brightness of an RB. So, it''s really just a matter of me picking which characteristics are more important to me and then I will be able to commit. But, until then, I will continue to drool over all the gorgeous RB''s and AVC''s that I find!
9.gif

dawnabee

Shiny_Rock
So whats going on here!!!!??? Anything?? I need to live through other people closer to their engagements :)

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
Hi Beezygal, Luckynumber, Caroleena, MayFlowers, Dawnabee, and any other ladies following my saga.

Nothing has happened yet.

I've inquired about it's appearance and workmanship - He said it's beautiful. (with stars in his eyes).

He's been showing it to friends and family who are all very excited.

BF has been slammed with exams in an accelerated course he's taking, so he hasn't had time to plan a proposal yet. He says sorry for disappointing the ladies.

I'm sure it will happen eventualy - I'm a patient woman
9.gif

454tumbleweed1.jpg

redhead02

Shiny_Rock
Congrats, this looks like it will come out nice! I''d totally be specc-ing out and buying my own ring if I could :)

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
Redhead02: I'm glad you like it. I highly recommend speccing one's own ring - it's quite satisfying.

Still nothing...but a mysterious calm-before-the-storm type nothing.

He took my sparkley to his hometown last weekend to show more of his friends and family (I was working and couldn't go). I'm proud that he deems the ring quite show-and-tell worthy (For simplicity's sake we've agreed that he will just tell everyone he bought the ring - I don't want my man to lose face).

I know he has it hidden in his desk area
27.gif
(He gets antsy if I try to help him find anything in his desk shelves "Go away, there is "nothing" here. Nothing to see at all") - I'm a self-disciplined GF, so I won't try to find it
12.gif

Last night aparently he was "tallying" something ("Go away I'm tallying")...???....
33.gif
He did say he would pay me back for the ring, but I don't think he would be financially able to do it until this fall.

He's been keeping my mind off things by taking me to movies and hosting boardgame nights with friends
1.gif
. I try to do my part by just not asking about it as much as possible.

If I feel super antsy I wear my vintage gold play-ring or tinfoil ring around the house (Gotta train the muscles in that left finger so they will be strong enough to support platinum
2.gif
3.gif
).

He finishes his last major exam today, so he will have more free-time in the next few weeks.

The waiting continues
5.gif
- I'm enjoying the anticipation.

luckynumber

Brilliant_Rock
hope it comes soon hopedream!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results