shape
carat
color
clarity

Suddenly, I think I''m in the process of buying my ring!

PrincessNatalie

Shiny_Rock
lol, love it! Cant wait to see the real thing!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
HOORAY!!!

PavePrincess

Shiny_Rock
omg.. I LOVE your temporary ring! hahaha.. too funny! Also, I can''t wait for you to get your real ring in.. Congrats! That center stone is GORGEOUS!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Adorable!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
It will be smashing! I love icy colorless stones.

Ya know, I wonder if we live in the same city or very close to one another...

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
Princessnatalie - I can''t wait to see it either
9.gif

ckrickett - Hey gal, good to see you
35.gif
! I agree, and am doing a little happy dance right now.

Paveprincess - Thanks - all the best jewlers use white glue to mount their tinfoil. I must say the low profile on this one is quite remarkable
2.gif
. I think the real thing will be much sparklier.

Indylady - Thanks. Have you ever made one ? you should try it - it''s fun
10.gif

Dreamer_D - I''m also curious if we live near to each other (assuming you also live in BC). I''m not sure how to go about finding out without reveling our respective locations to the whole internet. I can tell you that the Mariposa lillys bloom in june in my area. If you don''t have those, chances are we don''t live in the same area.

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
If we live in the same city then this early-morning winter scene should be recognizable - this shot faces North East just past the most recognisable mountain. Dreamer_D is your office in AE?

454home1.jpg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
You know what's funny HD? We just moved here so I am not familiar with the various views and I don't know jack about flowers.

But that view does look similar to what I see so I do think we are in a similar location, if not the same city
4.gif
Wait, are those just clouds or water? Now I don't have any idea at all
9.gif
I don't work in EA though.

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
Those are clouds above downtown, although there was a lake there a long time ago. I don't live in wine/orchard country.

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
This is a mariposa lilly.

454calmac2.jpg

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
If you live in my city you will have probably driven across this.

454overpass1.jpg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
haha... we live very far from one another I think. I looked up the mariposa lilly and it said that it like dry deserts and from the photo I can guess where you are. I live in a temperate rainforest so no deserts here!

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
you guys are funny... it''s like a guessing game

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
BC PS gals (and guys) should have a meet-up in Vancouver sometime! There must be at least a handful of us.

Dreamer_D - this was a lot of fun. Too bad we don''t live in the same place. I love temperate rainforests! I was born in the GVRD but moved away when I was little
39.gif
I hope to move out to the Island later this year.

Beezy gal - you''re a BC resident - do you think you live close to either of us?

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
I don't think I live anywhere near you
23.gif
. I think I'm at least 6 hours drive away from you.. if you know wat I mean...
31.gif
(If I guess it right, I think I travelled near your area before..) I've never seen anything like those in the pictures, but it looks like a very nice place
30.gif

I like your idea about meeting up.. lol...

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
Beezygal - I''m thinking you live up in moose country, unless you live southeast of me. Hmmm - one day we''ll all meet up and figure it out
9.gif

Status Update:
I just recieved word that my ring is finished and will ship tomorrow - possibly heading my way in the next 1-2 days
36.gif
depending on how fast Fedex international is. It might even be here before BF gets back from his conference
6.gif
! I don''t know what I''ll do if It''s just sitting around the house here in it''s box
40.gif
(!) Put it in a closet I guess
12.gif
. It''s very important to me that BF gets to see the look on my face when I see it for the first time
9.gif

I wanted to give credit to two PSer who''s rings inspired me: I realy liked the face-up look of Hihowareyou''s ering, especialy because her stone and mine are similarly sized. I also realy liked the profile of Sonomacounty''s ring (but mine will have single claw prongs), and it helped that I knew that GOG made that type of setting.

454Settingcredits1.jpg

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
I think you guess wrong wrong and wrong!!! no moose... nor southeast... but.. my geography sucks.. lol BOOO.. lol

your ring will arrive sooner than mine!!! you must be excited!!!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
You must wait to open it until he is there naughty lady! Is he planning to take it and then propose some other time? I can''t recall.

What type of conference is he at now?

I think there are a few BC people around here somwhere. Maybe a gtg in the summer...

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
Beezygal - Hmm then you must be somewhere in the Lower Mainland or on the coast.

Dreamer_D - Yes I''ll wait patiently for him to get back - he''s at a research conference helping to present a paper. I''m not sure what he''s planning, but I think a fancy dinner will be involved. When we spoke briefly he didn''t seem to need to wait for a special day. I have told him to ask my parents for their blessing first - my parents are pretty easy going, but sometimes my dad is oddly traditional - so better safe than sorry right? It would be a mere formality as both my parents love him so I can''t see them saying anything but yes. He said I should ask his parents too, so I probably will.

He still has some coursework that will be cramping his schedule, and my work shifts are often on weekends, so he might wait until we have a coinciding day off. So I''m not really sure when the proposal will be.

EEK!

merilenda

Brilliant_Rock
I just looked at your diamond, and it is beautiful! It''s going to make a great ring!

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
you''re the next one to get engaged!!!!

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Oh my!! I feel like I''m biting my nails waiting for your proposal! And for you to finally see your ring!!! I hope it happens soon!! Good luck, dear!!!!
21.gif

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Eek, very exciting!!

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
oooo that diamond is fantastic, so sparkley! I loved that video!

and your temp ring is very cute ;-)

lightningbug

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/4/2010 2:51:34 PM
Author: HopeDream

Hey, I''ve been across that! (But I don''t live near it.)

Sorry to butt in, lol ~ I was surprised.

You guys are cute, w/ your guessing games.
1.gif

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/5/2010 4:36:34 PM
Author: lightningbug

Date: 5/4/2010 2:51:34 PM

Hey, I''ve been across that! (But I don''t live near it.)

Sorry to butt in, lol ~ I was surprised.

You guys are cute, w/ your guessing games.
1.gif
that means.. you live in Canada.. or mabe BC TOO??

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
HopeDream, since you made a tin foil ring, I decided to make my own as well yesterday. I made two, one with the measurements of an AVC I''m looking at and the other with the measurements of an RB I am looking at. The measurements aren''t exact, but I''m hoping that by doing this, it will help me decided which shape to go for. I wish I lived closer to NYC so I could just go see them in person, but I''m way too far away to do that. But, GOG just posted some new AVC''s and I''m anxiously awaiting the pictures!

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
Merlinda - Thanks! I''m realy looking forwart to seeing it in person. How''s your ring search going? Had any inspiration or made any firm decisions yet?

Beezygal - Next? but there are so many other ladies waiting too! I think someone else will get engaged before me - at least one more lady. Your turn is coming pretty soon too isn''t it? Are you getting antsy yet/

Luckyeshe - I''m glad you''re enjoying the anticipation as much as I am - thank you for the kind wishes - I hope it''s soon too.

Indylady - Agreed. Eek!
9.gif

Happynewlife - I''m glad you like my pebble! The temp ring was a good way of feeling useful while releasing a little LIW crazy
2.gif

Lightiningbug - Cool that you recognized it ! If you''re in the area maybe you''d join us for a possible Vancouver meet-up this summer?

Mayflowers - Yay tinfoil ring sister! will you post pics
31.gif
? fun isn''t it? I noticed the new batch of AVCs too - just thinking about them makes me drool a little. I can''t wait to see them either (but I love my stone, so I would just visit them "as friends").

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
Shipping update:

According to Fedex the ring is in BC a few hours away. I just had a friendly Fedex lady call: It''s paperwork time! She''ll email me some customs forms to fill out and I''ll have to give my credit card number for the GST and brokerage fee
14.gif
, and then scan and fax the forms back. I hope I can figure it all out! (Will this computer let me fax?).

If all goes well, I could have the box by 5 toninght, but it will probably come tomorrow.

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/6/2010 1:43:16 PM
Shipping update:

According to Fedex the ring is in BC a few hours away. I just had a friendly Fedex lady call: It''s paperwork time! She''ll email me some customs forms to fill out and I''ll have to give my credit card number for the GST and brokerage fee
14.gif
, and then scan and fax the forms back. I hope I can figure it all out! (Will this computer let me fax?).

If all goes well, I could have the box by 5 toninght, but it will probably come tomorrow.
HURRAY!!! but don''t peek!!! be a good girl and give it to your bf in one piece.
31.gif

... now you think mine is coming up pretty soon??? look at you!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results