shape
carat
color
clarity

Somebody's Gotta Buy This Stone!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
lilmosun- I think you made great choices! Both will be stunning additions to your collection. Well done! :appl:

theredspinel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It did occur to me that maybe I was being too greedy and so did mention to Caysie that if she only wanted to sell me one, I preferred the mahenge...but she said since I was first to ask about both it was okay and fair.

I didn't know how long they were up so was surprised to be so lucky. My dog, Jersey, wanted company (he'll be 16 later this year). So I decided to sit with him a bit and had just started surfing on my phone when I saw the listings and immediately responded from my phone. She didn't get back to me right away and as I anxiously waited , I saw the LT listings get marked RESERVED and my heart dropped. I was sure I was too late but minutes later got the email from Caysie saying that I was first for both so they were on reserve FOR ME! Anyway, I have to admit I haven't been this anxious over a listing for a long long time. Usually, I can shrug off my misses as not being meant to be. But I've wanted a nice set of cabachon rings for quite awhile...and nice size gemmy cabs seem so hard to find. I've kissed a lot of frogs in my search...now I just need a blue one to complete the set....lol.

Anyway - thanks everyone for sharing in my excitement. I can't wait!

Anyway, I owe the timing to this guy :)

2017_07_01 jersey.jpg

Lilmosun not greedy at all, I was just jesting :razz:

Congrats and absolutely first come first served, soo jealous but I couldn't have afforded either right now anyway! So with that fact in mind, my happiness for you outweighs the jealousy hahaha!

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Laughing...to be honest, I didn't think about budget so much as the color and size being what I wanted.
I haven't had an impulse like that for awhile...followed by questioning what I had done while I waited until I saw katharath post's recommending the mahenge which morphed my wait into a different "did I get it" anxiety. They weren't inexpensive as far as cabs go but for the quality/type in today's market, I am happy. It means a lot that folks here who have a better eye at evaluating stones on-line seem to like these. Thanks for all the nice comments. It helps the "what have I done" anxiety that follows any larger purchase. Caysie said that she was surprised at the number of inquiries...didn't think there were so many cab lovers out there. I will post pics for sure but it will be awhile as I asked Caysie to hold them as I will be out of town (and would rather spare dh having to go to the post office for me).

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Laughing...to be honest, I didn't think about budget so much as the color and size being what I wanted.
I haven't had an impulse like that for awhile...followed by questioning what I had done while I waited until I saw katharath post's recommending the mahenge which morphed my wait into a different "did I get it" anxiety. They weren't inexpensive as far as cabs go but for the quality/type in today's market, I am happy. It means a lot that folks here who have a better eye at evaluating stones on-line seem to like these. Thanks for all the nice comments. It helps the "what have I done" anxiety that follows any larger purchase. Caysie said that she was surprised at the number of inquiries...didn't think there were so many cab lovers out there. I will post pics for sure but it will be awhile as I asked Caysie to hold them as I will be out of town (and would rather spare dh having to go to the post office for me).
They are lovely, Lilmosun. I think you did well to get them both with the intention of wearing them in
a collection of cabs. I think cabochons can be so elegant and beautiful. Hopefully that buyer's anxiety is now gone and you just enjoy them! Congratulations!

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I saw that sapphire too. Very pretty! You have an eye for color, Elle!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
View attachment 502866
This rather attractive and large color-change sapphire has been reduced to $3900 on Gemrite. Would be curious to know what others think of it. View attachment 502866
http://gemrite.com/home/208-violet-blue-sapphire-300-cts.html

There is something going on at the lower left hand corner of the gem and the general lower area in the picture you have posted. I can't make out if it is an inclusion or a fracture. I also remember there was a question in this forum on the vendor's description of inclusions- veil vs. fracture. I would email the vendor for more details.

qubitasaurus

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I would also recommend reading this thread about that particular stone.

To be fair to the vendor, there are two different stones being discussed here. The 3 ct boerumbiddy posted, and a 4.8 ct linked by Bex (which appears to have recently suffered some damage during shipping).

I believe there are pictures of both stones in the thread I linked -- sorry if this caused any confusion.

Last edited:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Gemobsesssed, welcome! Please always add the details and a photo. The idea of this thread is, among other things, to create a record of info over time, so that stone types can be tracked for price, etc. Once the link is dismantled, your post won't have much value I'm afraid. :( So we ask that you include as much detail in one sentence (price, carat weight, dimensions, info on cut, origin, treatments) as you can find from the vendor, a photo of the stone, and any other info you think relevant - say why you think the stone is a good deal. :) That way, people down the road, say in a year or two, can see and enjoy it as well. Thanks for understanding!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gemobsesssed, welcome! Please always add the details and a photo. The idea of this thread is, among other things, to create a record of info over time, so that stone types can be tracked for price, etc. Once the link is dismantled, your post won't have much value I'm afraid. :( So we ask that you include as much detail in one sentence (price, carat weight, dimensions, info on cut, origin, treatments) as you can find from the vendor, a photo of the stone, and any other info you think relevant - say why you think the stone is a good deal. :) That way, people down the road, say in a year or two, can see and enjoy it as well. Thanks for understanding!
Great reply from Minous. I also love the insight from posters on their thought processes when buying or coveting a certain stone that I will not likely purchase due to price constraints. I feel like I am looking over their shoulder while they view the stone.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great reply from Minous. I also love the insight from posters on their thought processes when buying or coveting a certain stone that I will not likely purchase due to price constraints. I feel like I am looking over their shoulder while they view the stone.

Great way to put it!

Gemobsessed

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi again!

Totally understand what you mean. It can be frustrating when the links are dismantled. Here is the picture of the gemstone with all details. I bought a similar peridot of 8.6mm from Jeff so attaching photos of that as well. It's very lime green and though I would prefer something a bit more dark green like a Burmese peridot, this Pakistani one is quite striking. It looks like a Mali garnet in the day and at night looks greener so attaching both the photos! I must say it changes colour a lot!!

Hope you enjoy :)

IMG_2611.PNG IMG_2691.JPG IMG_2639.JPG IMG_2744.JPG

Last edited:

Gemobsessed

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
IMG_2746.PNG
Ooh he has dropped his price now . It's 175 dollars! Damn I got it forty dollars too expensive

Hi again!

Totally understand what you mean. It can be frustrating when the links are dismantled. Here is the picture of the gemstone with all details. I bought a similar peridot of 8.6mm from Jeff so attaching photos of that as well. It's very lime green and though I would prefer something a bit more dark green like a Burmese peridot, this Pakistani one is quite striking. It looks like a Mali garnet in the day and at night looks greener so attaching both the photos! I must say it changes colour a lot!!

Hope you enjoy :)

IMG_2611.PNG IMG_2691.JPG IMG_2639.JPG IMG_2744.JPG

boerumbiddy

Brilliant_Rock
I know that specific image are preferred but I am in internet limbo right now..

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This Mauve/Grey spinel is a steal at this price IMHO ($160). I have one like it ( a little larger, not cut as well, that I plan to pair with yellow spessies for a 3 stone "Welcome Spring" ring). This stone is just under 3 carats- and I believe it is cut by Jerry Newman. It will appear pinkish purple in some lights and take on a bluish color in others.
https://loupetroop.com/listings/loose-stones/2-dot-92ct-mauve-slash-gray-spinrl

Last edited:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree! There have been a bunch lately popping up on LT that are very well priced. I know, I know, I should be posting them, I just got lazy...

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree! There have been a bunch lately popping up on LT that are very well priced. I know, I know, I should be posting them, I just got lazy...

Ugh. How dare you! Don't you know we need our eye candy?! :lol:

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results