shape
carat
color
clarity

Siamese kitties!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/11/2007 4:56:40 PM
Author: DiamanteBlu
What a sweetie. He must be with my Koko and all the others.
17.gif
17.gif
17.gif
Wonder what stories they are telling eachother about us?
9.gif
He was, he was the sweetest cat ever! He snuggled like it was his profession, and when he wanted to cuddle up to me in bed and I wasn't laying on my side (so he could curl up inside my arm), he would gently tap my cheek with his paw until I woke up and moved so he could snuggle with me. And the nuzzles! I still miss the nuzzles.
7.gif

Do you have any photos of your Koko? Any good stories to share about your babies? I love hearing about others' kitties and seeing their photos.
9.gif

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/11/2007 3:27:33 PM
Author: Lorelei
She is gorgeous and has enormous eyes!!! What a precious baby!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Thanks. She is a sweetie! And she has quite a history. Here''s the short version. DH got her in 1993 [before I had met him]. She disappeared a couple of months later. Signs posted all over the neighborhood - nothing. A couple of years later she shows up at DH''s front door wanting to come in [declawed
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif
and spayed]. She must have finally escaped from her captors. Of course, at this point a stray cat [Oily is human, of course] - heaven forbid - has been taken in [I''ll post pics in another thread and she has her own disappearing/returning story]!!! Oily gets out and disappears again. In 1999 [after the stray had disappeared] she reappears at DH''s front door again. DH calls me from his house and asks if we have room for a siamese [he had been living here for a few months and we had 3 cats at the time - I posted a pic of them on the ragdoll thread - Koko has since left us but the other two are going strong]]. I said "of course" and he brought her over and she has been here ever since. The stray came back after a couple of months, thin, cold and weary and is here too! LOL! Yes, I know . . . soap opera! LOL!

I have to say that the first time I saw her she took my breath away!. I had never seen such a gorgeous cat [or any cat that looked even remotely similar to her - and I am a cat persom!]. All cream color [same as the carpet, LOL!] with very faint markings.

parrot tulips

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve always liked animals, but I''ve never had a deep love of them the way many people do (blasphemous, I know!). But then I met Asia (in my avatar...don''t have any more pictures on my work computer), and it was all over. She''s been the love of my life for the past 11 years. She''s my fat, fluffy, non-standard Siamese. The vet and I are convinced that she must have some Himalayan in her, but her papers say she''s a purebred.

All of your babies are just beautiful!

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/11/2007 5:06:43 PM
Author: gwendolyn
Date: 12/11/2007 4:56:40 PM

What a sweetie. He must be with my Koko and all the others.
17.gif
17.gif
17.gif
Wonder what stories they are telling eachother about us?
9.gif

He was, he was the sweetest cat ever! He snuggled like it was his profession, and when he wanted to cuddle up to me in bed and I wasn''t laying on my side (so he could curl up inside my arm), he would gently tap my cheek with his paw until I woke up and moved so he could snuggle with me. And the nuzzles! I still miss the nuzzles.
7.gif

Do you have any photos of your Koko? Any good stories to share about your babies? I love hearing about others'' kitties and seeing their photos.
9.gif

Your others are such dolls too! Here is little Koko. She died two years ago almost to the day at about 17.

koko close up 1.jpg

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
parrot tulips -
Your baby is gorgeous!

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
Now Gamey [the stray and clearly not a siamese!] has taken over my monitor! LOL! [cell phone pic - sorry!]

gamey on monitor 1.jpg

kizmet

Rough_Rock
I just wanted to say that everyone''s babies make me so jealous! We too are having animal babies, instead of human ones.
2.gif
I would love another cat, especially Simese b''c I have heard so much about them! When I was a child I wanted every kitty from the Disney movie "The Aristocats." I have one white baby, and one orange monster and I just wish there was room for more. But since the addition of the my little pup Goldie I''m afraid my cats would go on strike! The kitties posted here are so beautiful and I think they all know it, he he.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Awwwww, yay, Siamese kittahs!!!!!

I have a Siamese mix who I named Takumi (reference from an anime series called Initial D) who showed up on doorstep when he was about 9 months old. He''s a lilac point mix, but he''s so incredibly cross-eyed! I love this cat to death, and can''t wait to get him a Tonkinese little brother!

TakumiCrossEyed.jpg

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Takumi loves his bed right under the fireplace.

TakumiFireplace.jpg

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
And his scratch pad . . .

TakumiScratcher.jpg

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
So tired!

TakumiArm.jpg

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/11/2007 5:26:24 PM
Author: Nimrata
I just wanted to say that everyone''s babies make me so jealous! We too are having animal babies, instead of human ones.
2.gif
I would love another cat, especially Simese b''c I have heard so much about them! When I was a child I wanted every kitty from the Disney movie ''The Aristocats.'' I have one white baby, and one orange monster and I just wish there was room for more. But since the addition of the my little pup Goldie I''m afraid my cats would go on strike! The kitties posted here are so beautiful and I think they all know it, he he.

My mother tells me that we had a siamese when I was born and it would keep chewing holes in my hand knit wool clothes [many years ago in Italy}. I had never had another siamese until DH brought Oily home [he named her that because she sounded like she was squeaking and needed oil when she was a kitten]. Now I think I can''t live without one [or two!]. I tell you - I have conversations with that cat - oops, I mean person! LOL!

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
OMG Lauren! What a DOLL you have!!!

kizmet

Rough_Rock
DiamanteBlu, I know what you mean about talking to your cats. I love my pup pup, but in my opinion cats are just so much more special! They give you that look, I don''t know what it is.

Lauren, I noticed the glass near your kitty... does Takumi only drink out of random glasses? That''s what mine do! They won''t drink out of the water bowl, but they will out of the measuring cup!

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
I love ALL your kitties! I''ll have to find some pics of my parent''s current terror, er, Siamese. His name is Phantom, though he''s anything BUT ethereal. My childhood bedroom, where I still stay when visiting them, has a loft. Phantom loves to wait until I''m sound asleep to leap the seven feet from the loft to the bed, usually managing to land squarely on some sensitive body part. He''s slowing down A LITTLE, now that he''s over 10, but he still has a nightly spazz attack, tearing around the house and leaping from windowsills to the tops of doors that are left ajar, then scrambling UP my dad''s leg and back to his shoulder. He''s NUTS and kind of dumb, too. But pretty. Our females were much more sedate.

My tortie Sam has a Siamese-like personality, and I have conversations with her, too, Blu! I can''t help it!
9.gif

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
GREAT idea for a thread -- and OF COURSE I don''t mind! The more kitty threads, the merrier, I say!

All these photos are awesome! Thank you! I LOVE Siamese kitties. In fact, my very first cat as an adult was a purebred applehead Siamese (from a back yard breeder, before I knew any better
23.gif
) we named Suki. She was the light of our lives! We still laugh about how *vocal* she was... she''d carry on a "conversation" with anyone -- or no one!
1.gif

Now we have a Ragdoll, Boo, who is VERY vocal, too (which is a bit unusual for a Raggie), and sometimes when he''s really goin'' to town, my husband will laugh and say, "There''s a Siamese hidden somewhere in his woodpile!"
9.gif

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/11/2007 5:59:03 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier
So tired!
Oh Lauren, your baby is so beautiful but I especially love this pic! I''ve taken a similar one of my parents'' cat Pippin:

DSC003180802983-1.jpg

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/11/2007 6:15:11 PM
Author: Nimrata
DiamanteBlu, I know what you mean about talking to your cats. I love my pup pup, but in my opinion cats are just so much more special! They give you that look, I don''t know what it is.

Lauren, I noticed the glass near your kitty... does Takumi only drink out of random glasses? That''s what mine do! They won''t drink out of the water bowl, but they will out of the measuring cup!

Yes, OMG, he''s such a baby about it, too! He''ll stick a paw onto the edge, only tipping it enough to make a very loud clang on the way back down, thus forcing us to refill his water glasses.

He also stands in the bathtub and waits for us to turn on the faucet. It''s totally our fault though - in one of the past houses we rented, the master bathroom had a gold carved swan head as a faucet (Yes, I''m totally serious) and we thought it was incredibly novel to have Takumi drinking from the Swan''s head!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/11/2007 6:28:19 PM
Author: gwendolyn

So tired!
Oh Lauren, your baby is so beautiful but I especially love this pic! I''ve taken a similar one of my parents'' cat Pippin:
Oh, Gwendolyn! That picture of Pippin is ADORABLE! Looks like such a sweetie, and soooooo cuddly.

Is Pippin pretty vocal? Tak will talk with us allllllll of the time - especially when he''s ready for a meal.

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/11/2007 7:22:24 PM
Oh, Gwendolyn! That picture of Pippin is ADORABLE! Looks like such a sweetie, and soooooo cuddly.

Is Pippin pretty vocal? Tak will talk with us allllllll of the time - especially when he's ready for a meal.
Oh my goodness, YES! Sometimes he won't shut up! He is hysterical--he sometimes has a normal Siamese meow, but when he's tired or if someone's moved him off the lap he was sleeping in or something, he lets out the whiniest, most complain-y, surly meow I've ever heard. Sounds like a grumpy old man! It's one of the things I love most about Siamese--how they talk to you all the time (and yes, definitely if they think it is meal time)! They are just too funny.
1.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Gwen - your Artie was such a sweetie!! What a handsome guy, I LOVE LOVE LOVE that picture of him snuggling with the little blue point of your parents'' - so cute when they snuggle!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Diamante - that is QUITE a story that your kitties have. That''s so wonderful that you guys have provided such a loving home (more than once, when necessary) to so many kitties - it really is the best feeling in the world, isn''t it? I''m so sorry that someone evil declawed your beautiful baby - doesn''t that just make you furious that people do such a brutal and inhumane thing to an innocent animal?
29.gif
29.gif
Your orange tabby is so funny perched on top of the monitor - what a diva kitty! (aren''t they all...)

Parrot tulips - we must have more pics of that beauty!!
30.gif
30.gif
She looks a little bit like my Ollie (in the Ragdoll thread). She is just lovely, what a sweetie pie!
36.gif
36.gif

Lauren - Takumi is STUNNING. Look at those markings! What a beautiful boy, and he certainly sounds like quite a character!!
31.gif
31.gif
I love the picture of him in his bed in front of the fireplace - yeah...not spoiled or anything hehe
30.gif

Thank you thank you for starting this thread and to everyone for sharing the pictures of their beautiful babies and stories about their personalities - what a treat
9.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

BigDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
What beautiful kitties!
30.gif
I have never been much of a cat person, but PS has totally converted me.
6.gif
26.gif

tberube, we are the same way the kids/pets. We are FINALLY ready to commit to a cat. There are no kiddies in the cards for us. We get to pick up our first joint pet, a little ragdoll kitten, just before New Years. We''re going to have a family-only New Years party for the three of us. Someday when we have a house with a yard, maybe kitty will get a puppy pal. I have a vision of a rescued Golden Retriever girl named Bailee (not to be incredibly specific or anything.
2.gif
)

chicagohills

Rough_Rock
All your cats are absolutely beautiful. Truly. I have always been more of a dog lover. I did have one stray cat that I rescued when he was just a tiny kitten. He acted more like my dogs than a cat ever should. He went potty outside with the dogs, ate dog food, went for walks with us, and slept in the dog kennel with our dog(his best friend)every night. I can''t talk about him too much or I get very upset. There will never be another Toulouse. It''s been 4 years.

My daughter is trying desperately to wear us down about getting a cat. She''ll have to settle for a virtual cat this year. Anybody ever hear of webkinz? It''s saving my life this Christmas. lol

Oh boy, if you keep showing all these sweet, fuzzy faces you may end up making a certain little girl very happy this year. Not so sure about her mama.
19.gif

Ok, one more story about Toulouse.... When my daughter was very young, she would dress him up and push him around in a little plastic grocery cart. He never, never scratched her and was always gentle, but when he would go out in the field across the way, he would bring back these little "trophies" for me and leave them on our welcome mat. The "trophies" were severed rat heads. ew, I know. I just marveled at what he was capable of, but allowed my daughter to stuff him in a basket.

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/11/2007 2:49:14 PM
We have a lynx point siamese. She used to be cream colored with vivid blue eyes and very light tabby markings. She is almost 15 now and has darkened considerably [her belly is still the color the rest of her used to be] and her eyes are still blue but not as vivid. She is quite the character! We always say that we have 3 cats and a siamese when asked how many we have.

I need to shrink the poics I do have. ITMT, here''s one with her face in the background to hold you over:

Diamante - Ozzie has gotten quite dark over just the past year, as well! Apparently it''s the colder body temperature that turns the fur darker in spots, and it''s cold here in MA. I always say by the time he''s three years old he''s going to be a black cat!!
2.gif

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
aww, gwendolyn, what a beautiful little guy. So sorry to hear of his passing on into kitty heaven. What a beaut, though.

What beautiful kitties! More pics please! I know there''s more of you who have siamese babes (maybe diamond lovers = exotic cat lovers, eh?), let''s see some pics!!

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
So tired!

Oh. Lauren...what a handsome little man!!! I just want to reach out and give him scritchies!!

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/12/2007 1:51:56 AM
Author: chicagohills

All your cats are absolutely beautiful. Truly. I have always been more of a dog lover. I did have one stray cat that I rescued when he was just a tiny kitten. He acted more like my dogs than a cat ever should. He went potty outside with the dogs, ate dog food, went for walks with us, and slept in the dog kennel with our dog(his best friend)every night. I can't talk about him too much or I get very upset. There will never be another Toulouse. It's been 4 years.

My daughter is trying desperately to wear us down about getting a cat. She'll have to settle for a virtual cat this year. Anybody ever hear of webkinz? It's saving my life this Christmas. lol

Oh boy, if you keep showing all these sweet, fuzzy faces you may end up making a certain little girl very happy this year. Not so sure about her mama.
19.gif

chicago - I gotta say, I too have always considered myself more of a dog person than a cat person. But once we got this little guy, my mind has changed. Dogs are wonderful, mostly predictable and love everyone. Cats, though - when they are loving, you know it's because you're special to them. They really make you feel like the most important person in the world.

Siamese are a bit like dogs in that they are innately smart, play fetch and are very friendly and loyal, but they're still cats, and my Oz has truly converted me.

Keepingthefaith21

Brilliant_Rock
So we both know Miyagi isn't a full Siamese guy but I'm such a proud new Mama I have to share his cute face one more time...

I didn't think you would mind
2.gif

ETA: Poop it isn't showing!

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/12/2007 10:04:48 AM
Author: tberube
Diamante - Ozzie has gotten quite dark over just the past year, as well! Apparently it''s the colder body temperature that turns the fur darker in spots, and it''s cold here in MA. I always say by the time he''s three years old he''s going to be a black cat!!
2.gif

LOL! I say the same thing about mine! Maybe her belly is still beige because she sits on the warm monitor all the time!
9.gif

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/11/2007 3:15:59 PM
Here she is ''helping'' again.
Ha! The butt shot! That''s a long tail!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results