shape
carat
color
clarity

Should I halo my Oval?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DrJuju

Rough_Rock
Date: 10/23/2009 8:40:32 PM
Author: chiquitapet
Nooooo!!! Your ring is amazing as is!! But if you really wanted a change, I`d go with a solitaire setting! Your stone is absolutely fabulous, and it doesn''t ''need'' a halo or any other distraction.
OOH! Where can I find a pic of the 5+ carat halo?????

DrJuju

Rough_Rock
Date: 10/23/2009 12:54:48 PM
Author: 2CarrotPrincess
No-it sure stands on its own!I agree with everyone that said a thinner band maybe.
Another nice idea...hadn''t thought about going east/west...

DrJuju

Rough_Rock
Date: 10/23/2009 9:40:40 AM
Author: AdiS
Date: 10/23/2009 9:30:25 AM

Author: luv2sparkle

I vote no as well. It''s a great size, it might take away from the stone.
+1

Beautiful stone, btw!

THIS RING IS FABULOUS!!!!!!!!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
It''s a beautiful diamond on its own. IMHO, I would not halo it, but if you''re a halo girl at heart, you may not be happy unless you do. If you do halo that baby, maybe bezel set it with the diamonds just peeking out from underneath?

Camille

Shiny_Rock
Hi DrJuju, if you like halos I'd say go for it
9.gif
my oval is much smaller than yours {2.12} BUT if it's going to be your primary/every day ring...I'd think about it a bit longer, I wear mine as RHR because l'm not a fan of 4-5mm gap between the halo and reg bands
8.gif

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
I''m with those that say don''t halo it but perhaps change the setting to something more delicate. I think the diamond shines on its own (and it''s huge so it has a lot of presence).

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I said "No" origianlly to haloing your stone but I do have to say that I really like metromoms. Also, here is an E/W halo but its only a 2 carat
so smaller than yours. It also looks lovely.

bla%20ring.JPG

mariel

Shiny_Rock
I say yes, my mom has an haloed oval diamond with split shank and it''s gorgeous!!!

gls

Shiny_Rock
I thought I might point out the few oval threads lurking, there are all different types, halos, solitares, micropave, E-W and beyond!
I''ve added a link to my tiney-tiny oval as a reference of a thin band and also another that I really like which has half-moon side stones.
Enjoy!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Ovals
More Ovals
even more ovals!
another oval thread
last one

My own oval''s thread 0.56 Oval

hope the links work!

kov112.jpg

DrJuju

Rough_Rock
Date: 10/25/2009 3:55:50 PM
Author: mariel
I say yes, my mom has an haloed oval diamond with split shank and it''s gorgeous!!!
Split shank is absolutely the way I was thinking of going....I''m so scared to commit though, LOL!
30.gif

DrJuju

Rough_Rock
Date: 10/25/2009 3:26:44 PM
Author: tyty333
I said ''No'' origianlly to haloing your stone but I do have to say that I really like metromoms. Also, here is an E/W halo but its only a 2 carat

bla%20ring.JPG
Metromom''s if FAB!!!! This EW is gorgeous too!!! Now I''m really confused... Lol. Decisions, decisions.
31.gif

DrJuju

Rough_Rock
Date: 10/25/2009 3:08:04 PM
Author: Camille
Hi DrJuju, if you like halos I''d say go for it
9.gif
my oval is much smaller than yours {2.12} BUT if it''s going to be your primary/every day ring...I''d think about it a bit longer, I wear mine as RHR because l''m not a fan of 4-5mm gap between the halo and reg bands
8.gif
Hi Camille...I would LOVE to see pics of your oval if you get a chance.

blingmyring

Shiny_Rock
I say go for the halo (but then again my user name is blingmyring
2.gif
. Have you seen Cushion Divine’s thread of her 4ct cushion with halo – G
30.gif
RGE
30.gif
US ! Here’s the link:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-10yr-cushion-upgrade-from-erd.124340/

Just because your rock is big doesn’t mean it can’t be haloed; you just have to pick the right halo – that’s the hard part!

I should mention that I’m the owner of a JA 2.42ct oval which is currently set east / west in a solitaire setting. I love the east / west setting; it’s classic with a twist. I won’t be resetting my oval until next year so I haven’t figured out which halo style to go with; Jasmine’s east / west marquise has been a source of east / west inspiration for me, take a look: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-ring-will-soon-be-on-its-way.37170/ (it might be a bit too blingy for your 3ct but Madrock''s 10ct pulled it off quite nicely - really depends on your lifestyle - there is a picture of Madrock''s ring in one of the threads that gls posted).

I look forward to seeing what you decide. Good Luck !

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
It''s gorgeous! I don''t think I''d halo a 3 ct stone, but that''s just me. I''m sure it would be stunning either way!

Camille

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/26/2009 12:40:38 AM
Author: DrJuju

Hi Camille...I would LOVE to see pics of your oval if you get a chance.
I''ll try to take some tomorrow {fingers are still PS shy}
Tyty O*m*g! your ring is gorgeous
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/25/2009 3:26:44 PM
Author: tyty333
I said ''No'' origianlly to haloing your stone but I do have to say that I really like metromoms. Also, here is an E/W halo but its only a 2 carat

bla%20ring.JPG
I totally DIG this one too!!
30.gif

BeGatch!

Shiny_Rock
Your oval is gorgy DrJuju! I will be one to vote on the halo but I am biased hehe, here is mine for reference: 3ct oval with .50 on halo

my oval1.jpg

dani13

Ideal_Rock
BeGatch, I love your set!!! Not to hijack, but can you tell us more about your eternity band? Its gorgeous!!!
30.gif

Camille

Shiny_Rock
As promised, not the best pic/rainy day
4.gif

Plat-oval.JPG

BeGatch!

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Dani! My wedding band is 3.03ctw uternity band, I''ll take some pic''s and start a new thread because I don''t think I have...

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/28/2009 12:03:49 AM
Author: BeGatch!
Thanks Dani! My wedding band is 3.03ctw uternity band, I''ll take some pic''s and start a new thread because I don''t think I have...

Oh yes, please!!!! I love it!!!
36.gif
36.gif

CarrotNut

Rough_Rock
A nice thin delicate halo would look gorgeous. I would be very careful about picking the right jewler to do the halo. Leon makes really nice halos. I saw a really gorgeous pear halo on this site...i think it was Phoenix ring and by Leon. The halo was absolutely beautiful, you might want to check it out.

LisaLondon

Rough_Rock
I would halo; I love the other posters pictures. If I were you, the decision would be East West, or North South, but not whether to halo or not!

2.gif

Kiley

Rough_Rock
HALO! Just look at Begatch!''s stunning ring! That 3 carat oval set N-S in the dainty halo is incredible.
30.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am going to have to agree with those who said no halo. Your stone is beautiful all on her own...but I do love the oval with half moons that gls posted
30.gif
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results