Author: Josefine

Date: 3/9/2009 10:59:58 PM
Author: Imdanny

Date: 3/9/2009 6:07:56 AM
Author: Josefine
not royal

but maybe royal in the future

Kate Middleton
I hope not. I''m sorry but I was having a conversation about this with a friend just today. I suppose we''re going to be told William''s marriage to any social climber is ''the romance of the century.'' I''m not buying it.

It''s a nice picture, though. Thanks.
I do not know much about her.
Do you know if she is well liked bythe papers.
What i Understand she has not had a real job after her education.
How long has they dated?

she looks a bit like prince carl philip ex girlfriend, they seem to have split up just a few weeks ago.

Emma Pernald
Apparently some of the aristocracy do not consider Kate Middleton or her family suitable to marry into royalty. The newspapers have had fun at Kate''s family''s expense on occasion by reporting various social faux pas, and also she has had a difficult time with the photographers. I think the jury is still out on whether he will marry her, personally I don''t think a royal wedding with Kate is on the cards for some time yet, if ever.

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
Gala tonight in Sweden
Silvia wears the Connaught Diamond Tiara

The first Tiara the Queen wore was at the pre wedding gala of hers and the kings wedding 1976 she wore the Connaught Diamond Tiara Princess Margare took the tiara to Sweden twhen she married Crown Prince Gustav Adolf of Sweden in 1905. it was a wedding gift from her paranets Duke and Duchess of Connaughtthe tiara can also be worn as a necklace

9365671.jpg

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
I am not sure what necklace it is.
but here is the tiara up close

silvia200920.jpg

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
Daniel at his first gala and Victoria wore the Napoleonic Cut-Steel Tiara
Napoleonic Cut-Steel Tiara this tiara was brought to Sweden by Queen Josefina Queen Silvias and .Princess Christina has worn this tiara

g9.jpg

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
and the tiara up close

victoria2009.JPG

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
Connaught Diamond Tiara worn by the kings mother Princess Sibylla

205665.jpg

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
There is also a necklace earings and bracelet for the cut steel tiara.

the necklace and earings has only been worntwice by the queen i think

07011801.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
hello all!
i have a beauty here... "DARYA-YE NOUR" - PERSIAN CROWN JEWEL(world''s largest uncut diamond)sister to "KOOH-E NOOR" diamond that was looted by the British in 1747...that''s all i have on it..but i''m off to look for more..i''m getting board with all the typical tiaras and such and i''m trying to find some really unusual neat stuff for us all to look at..no offense to those who enjoy the usual tiaras of course!:)

16718362.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
The New Found is in the above image , might find its place in the Crown Jewel

diamond-find-africa_nEKzI_59.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
Kohinoor Diamond photo

Kohinoor Diamond referred to as the Mountain of light , the world''s largest polished diamond might loose its place to the recently found one in South Africa .

A marvelous gemstone has been found at the Letseng Mine, owned by Gem Diamonds, in Lesotho, southern Africa.This is the 20th largest rough diamond ever found and weighs 478 carats . As per the Gem Diamonds company , the initial examination reveals that that the stone has a flawless clear center and could produce a 150 carat round cut white diamond .

The largest rough diamond found ever was the Cullinan Diamond found in 1905 and weighed 3,106 carats uncut .

koh-i-noordiamond.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
here''s another photo of that diamond..and by the way, here''s what the caption said..''
The Jewels of Iran are by far the largest and most dazzling jewel collection in the world. Not even the British jewels can come enything close to it''s size and magnificence. So valuable is the collection that it backs the Iranian national currency as a reserve.''
ok, wow! i had no idea!

Daryga-ye-noor.JPG

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
how about this one everyone?
the caption read as follows,
Scrabbled from the grime of African mines, we have been hearing about petite precious gems that are girl’s best friend and are expected to last forever. But breaking the monotony, the world of diamonds has turned the tables around by offering the largest diamond.Days back when we told you about Princess Grace Kelly’s gowns and Calvin Kelly’s necklace ruling Sotheby’s auction house, here we have a new entrant identified as the world’s Largest D-color Flawless Diamond. Weighing 84.37 carats, this diamond is estimated to fetch $12,000,000-$16,000,000 during “Magnificent Jewels” auction organized by Sotheby in Geneva on 14 November 2007.

d-color-flawless-diamond.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
now here''s a shot where you can see the true size of this one...

d-color-flawless-diamond-pi.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
now yes, diamonds are a girl''s best friend, by i say sapphires are a woman''s greatest love! i love love love sapphires, and i own more sapphires then any other jewel. and diana had a few sparklers of her very own! this set, the saudi set, i have always loved and although i have seen it before..it somehow brings that certain lust for sapphires out in me every time! YUM

jghvj001935.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
i love this sapphire, who ever said size doesn''t matter? here''s the caption it had..
This sapphire and diamond brooch was a wedding present from Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother. Diana wore it as a brooch on two occasions before having it converted as the centre-piece of a seven-strand pearl choker.

dgssAssocphoto.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
and then as we all know it,The brooch converted as a centre-piece of the seven-strand choker

AADS002164.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
and now for some unusual earrings..diana had class taste beauty and a fabulous collection of real and fake gems...i love that about her..she would wear the real ones and the fake ones and not care if anyone knew..
these ones i think are the real deal, gold with cab stones..wonderful ancient feel...

0000275718-009.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
same earrings different view..

AADS002974.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
an amazing collar and earring diamond set...very ancient egyptian meets super modern look..collar intact and large hoops too!
diana had a great sense of the exotic...

DiamondchokermysteryDscan0023.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
and now a quick jaunt to the royal signet ring...alot of royals wear them, where ever did they originate?
way way back..here''s one from ancient times..caption was...
Bronze Signet Ring Featuring the Royal Cartouche of Tutankhamen
Egypt
1333 BC to 1323 BC
FJ.7152

dsfdsftankhamen.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
and lovely diana with her own signet ring on her pinky...along with her cartier rolling ring

DWF15-364714.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
one we have all seen..signet of prince charles

yigtyigighikh3.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
and prince charles wearing his signet

charlesringR080305_450x450.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
Signet ring made for the Royal Family of Yugoslavia

yugo_ring100.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
and a little about the wonderful signet...
If you had a signet ring-a ring with a carving on it so you could stamp an image onto another surface - in the ancient world, it would be the absolute last thing you would want to part with. It was more important than the cell phone or palm pilot of today! Kings used them to pass down their power. Merchants had the emblems of their trade carved on them and used them to seal contracts. Signet rings were as good as a signature, and stealing one of them was a serious offense. The mark on a signet ring could enhance one''s reputation or condemn one to death, as those who wore rings with the impression of Brutus and Cassius discovered after Julius Caesar''s assassination.

Many signet rings had mottoes cut on them, while royal signet rings were lavishly decorated with precious metal, gems and rich enamel. Signet rings remained popular through the 18th, 19th and early 20th centuries, customarily engraved upon gold and enhanced by carnelians, chalcedonies, lapis lazuli or bloodstones.

Did you know that....

* Women of rank in the Middle Ages wore signet rings as symbols of prestige?
* One of the most famous signet rings belonged to Michelangelo, which boasted a carving of a segment of the Sistine Chapel.
* Lovers had romantic images engraved on their signet rings?
* Some images minted on ancient coins were reproductions of the seals of city magistrates?
* To dream of a signet ring boded well or ill, depending on the nature of the dream?

signjgjetri.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
nor sure, but apparently this was king tut''s signet...

ms2934b.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
Because this ring bears a cartouche of King Khufu of Dynasty IV, known later to the Greeks as Cheops, it was once world famous as the actual signet ring of the builder of the Great Pyramid at Giza. The inscription, however, shows that it really belonged to a man named Neferibre who was a priest in the cults of Isis and the deified Cheops at Giza two thousand years after Cheops died. The ring is unusually heavy and is made of gold more than twenty-one karats pure.

37.734E_reference_SL1.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
Red jasper sealstone ring depicting a chariot race in the Circus Maximus, second or third century AD. (VRoma: British Museum: Barbara McManus)

13.signet_ring_small.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
Rings have been popular since the days of ancient Egypt and Greece, perhaps even longer.

The Greeks said one of their gods used the first ring. It was an iron ring made for Prometheus. Rings through history include those found with Egyptian mummies, with early saints and in 13th-century stories about Marco Polo. They''re always connected to someone of wealth or fame -- usually a man.

There were signet rings, betrothal rings and magical rings that protected the wearer. A gold ring was often a sign of class; slaves and those of the lower class could only wear rings of iron or bronze. Rings were worn on every finger, sometimes several on each. They were often very large and heavy. Signet rings were usually on the index finger so they would be easy to use with sealing wax.

Roman baby-sized rings found today were probably used on the upper part of an adult''s finger. The betrothal ring, like our wedding ring, was placed on the fourth finger because it was thought the vein from the heart ended there. Rings were sometimes suspended from a chain around the neck or wrist or worn over gloves.

Rings gained in popularity in later centuries, and precious stones were added. By the 1600s, rings looked like those preferred today. They were usually made of a precious metal set with precious stones and were small enough to be comfortable.

Collectors and those interested in the latest fashions buy rings from any era: Since the 1920s, rings have been getting larger again. They have more elaborate settings and larger colored stones. Some are made with unusual metals. But high on the list of easy-to-sell antiques are small Victorian rings set with tiny stones or a cameo.

medium_abkove07.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results