shape
carat
color
clarity

Royal Jewels

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
prince.of.preslav thank you for the info....

i found a few different tiaras of hers but i would like to have some help with the rest of them

qe2.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Hi again, Josefine and everyone else!

In your pevious post you showed some of the mentioned tiaras. Now I''ll post the rest that have been worn by HM.

Her is The Fringe tiara worn by QE2 at the wedding(L) and by her late mother(R):

queens_fringe.JPG

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
The Nazim of Hyderabad - a jewel that doesn''t exist anymore. It was broken in order to create The Buruse ruby tiara. There were 3 rose clusters that were kept and are now worn occasionally by HM.

QE529.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
The sapphire tiara - In y opinion unlike the necklace and the earrings the tiara doesn''t look good.
Is it just me or HM looks like a vampire on this picture?

QÅ_sapphires.JPG

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
The picture doesn''t show on my PC, so I''ll upload it again.

QÅsapphires.JPG

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Here is the Lover''s knot - originally created for Queen Mary, later worn by Queen Elizabeth II and Princess Diana.

CLK_QE2.JPG

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
And at last the Vladimir tiara with emeralds. This IMO the best picture of HM ever taken:

C_emeralds_tiara.JPG

shadowed_rain

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/4/2009 11:13:46 AM
Author: Josefine

i found a few different tiaras of hers but i would like to have some help with the rest of them

Hi Josefine--to be precise, QE2 has several tiaras that 1.) haven''t seen the light of day in decades (and perhaps even centuries!), and 2.) she has never worn. Field can count around 15-20 that she owns, but she usually wears the same ones over and over again (i.e. the Girls of Great Britain/Ireland tiara, the kokoshnik tiara, Vladimir tiara, etc.). Occasionally she''ll bust out with a tiara of the Queen Mothers'', or an older tiara that belonged to Queen Mary or Queen Alexandra, but only on rare occasions.

I would strongly recommend checking out Leslie Field''s book, "The Queen''s Jewels," or Gregory Munn''s "Tiaras: A History of Splendour." Field''s book is widely regarded to the the "bible" of the English jewels, and Munn''s book is apparently a plethora of information and dazzling tiaras
1.gif
I''ve been trying to save up for Munn''s book, myself! And many of us on this thread know what QE2''s tiaras are and their histories or where to find the information, so you have but to ask!

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
OK the previous photo may not be the best, but at least it shows great jewels:)
It''s really hard to find good pics of the Nazim tiara. It was broken long ago and was not worn often. Here it is used for a portrait along with the V-shaped ruby necklace:

Nizam of Hyderabad tiara.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/4/2009 5:18:22 PM
Author: shadowed_rain

Hi Josefine--to be precise, QE2 has several tiaras that 1.) haven''t seen the light of day in decades (and perhaps even centuries!), and 2.) she has never worn. Field can count around 15-20 that she owns, but she usually wears the same ones over and over again (i.e. the Girls of Great Britain/Ireland tiara, the kokoshnik tiara, Vladimir tiara, etc.). Occasionally she''ll bust out with a tiara of the Queen Mothers'', or an older tiara that belonged to Queen Mary or Queen Alexandra, but only on rare occasions.

I would strongly recommend checking out Leslie Field''s book, ''The Queen''s Jewels,'' or Gregory Munn''s ''Tiaras: A History of Splendour.'' Field''s book is widely regarded to the the ''bible'' of the English jewels, and Munn''s book is apparently a plethora of information and dazzling tiaras

1.gif
I''ve been trying to save up for Munn''s book, myself! And many of us on this thread know what QE2''s tiaras are and their histories or where to find the information, so you have but to ask!

Hi, Shadowed rain!
Are you talking about a red book with a photo of Queen Mary''s emerald necklace? I want that book too! Unforunately I think that I won''t be able to find it here in Bulgaria. Probably my only chance is to go to USA and try to find it there or simply order it from Amazon or eBay.

shadowed_rain

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/4/2009 6:04:27 PM
Author: prince.of.preslav
Date: 3/4/2009 5:18:22 PM

Author: shadowed_rain

I would strongly recommend checking out Leslie Field''s book, ''The Queen''s Jewels,'' or Gregory Munn''s ''Tiaras: A History of Splendour.'' Field''s book is widely regarded to the the ''bible'' of the English jewels, and Munn''s book is apparently a plethora of information and dazzling tiaras

1.gif

Hi, Shadowed rain!

Are you talking about a red book with a photo of Queen Mary''s emerald necklace? I want that book too! Unforunately I think that I won''t be able to find it here in Bulgaria. Probably my only chance is to go to USA and try to find it there or simply order it from Amazon or eBay.

Hi Prince~

Why yes, that''s the book I''m talking about. I got it for Christmas this year (I checked it out from the library all the time), and I''m so pleased with it. I was told that the book was purchased for me on Amazon, so it''s probably a similar predicament in Bulgaria! The contents are invaluable, and I feel more authoritative because HM had direct input on the book. I really want Munn''s book, too...I''m told I''ll be drooling for days.

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock

Thank you for all the help.

A few of you seems to have a good idée of value of jewellery
Many royal jewellery is difficult to put a value on because of the history.
If one look at the tiara of Madeleine
There is a stone aquamarine I guess.
What is the value of such stone if one compares it to other stones?
How big do you think it is.
How do one look at the quality?
Do you think the frame has diamonds on it and if so how big are they and how many…

elena_446.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
WHOLLY SMOKES EVERYONE! read this! at the link, there is a watch...apparently it was Queen Maud''s watch! and it is currently for SALE!
link is here
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=190290057695
it is gorgeous, here''s what they have to say about it...
''This is a watch that was given by King Haakon VII of Norway to his wife Queen Maud in 1925 as a birthday gift.

Some info on this great couple can be found online but I will give a short detail on it here.

King Haakon was Prince Carl of Denmark and Iceland, born Christian Frederik Carl Georg Valdemar Axel and he married Princess Maud of Wales, youngest daughter of the future King Edward VII of the United Kingdom and his wife, Princess Alexandra of Denmark, daughter of King Christian IX of Denmark and Princess Louise of Hesse-Kassel (or Hesse-Cassel). Their son, Prince Alexander, the future Crown Prince Olav and finally king Olav V of Norway, was born on 2 July 1903. Attached is a photo of the royal couple after coronation.

This watch is now up for sale here. The watch was bequeathed to Countess Mary Reid Harman of Norway. I have a couple pieces from her estate on ebay and hope to be adding more later.

ABOUT THE WATCH:

The watch is a 1916 Elgin wristwatch in very good working order. It is however missing the minute hand but can easily be replaced. The serial number of the movement is 28794525. The black string type band with clasp has a broken part of the string, very minor repair. The face and numerals are in great condition, there is a scroll of flowers in the center of the dial, very detailed. It has a lovely second hand at the 6 o''clock position and the hands that are there look to be a gun metal blue in color. Everything appears to be entirely original about the watch and case.

The case is 14K white gold filled and made by the Star Case Company. It has exquisite scrollwork of what appears to be a wheat pattern on the back and all sides with a scrolling pattern with some flowers on the front.

The watch is a nice larger face watch. It measures 34mm tall x 29mm wide with the crown. ''

now, i would buy this myself, if i had the cash right now to do that..but maybe one of you may...it''s a chance to own a part of royal history! here''s a picture..
ps, if one of you buys it, post about it k?
:)

31ff_1.JPG

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
queen maud herself, the previous owner of that lovely watch!

3696_1.JPG

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
the inside movement, which is lovely

3571_1.JPG

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
last one...now, you''ll have to check the history of course, but it''s a pretty amazing thing if this is all true!

32da_1.JPG

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
Crown princess Victoria The Skytte Foundation at Uppsala University has awarded the Johan Skytte Prize in Political Science for 2006 to Professor Robert Putnam, Harvard University, USA, for his theory of the social capital

06093029.jpg

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
Princess Mathilde, 06/07/2007. Brussels, Belgium,

GAS1020307_008.jpg

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
Queen Rania of Jordany a tne conference of the cite de la reussite at the university of Sorbonne, 06/04/2008

GAS2018129_041.jpg

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
Princess Caroline 10/04/2008

GAS2018835_059.jpg

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
here is a photo of how Marys tiara looked like before the new setting you see the part of the setting as ingird wore as corsage brooches

Stockholm1938-CPIngridDenmark2.jpg

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
thiís is how it looks today

daneeee1.jpg

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
princess Elisabeth of Denmark

1935%20Elisabeth.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/8/2009 5:23:19 AM

Wold you reupload the picture or post a similar one, please.

Do you think that the brooches used in the new setting are detachable and still can be worn as corsage brooches?

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/8/2009 9:36:18 AM
Author: prince.of.preslav

Date: 3/8/2009 5:23:19 AM

Wold you reupload the picture or post a similar one, please.

Do you think that the brooches used in the new setting are detachable and still can be worn as corsage brooches?
I do not know but hope that if one wanted to it could be changed back..

Here is the photo of Princess Elisabeth of DENAMRK.

ELISABETHDENAMRK.jpg

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
Here is the tiara again.
As she has no children do you think the tiara may end up in the hari of mary or isabelle in the future.

663375i.jpg

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/8/2009 1:10:45 PM
Here is the tiara again.
As she has no children do you think the tiara may end up in the hari of mary or isabelle in the future.
lets try to wright that again

Princess Elisabeth has no children.
Do you think we may see the tiara of hers on the hair on Mary or possible Isabelle.
Even if the tiara is not given back i thought maybe the royal family has the possibility to buy the tiara

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results