shape
carat
color
clarity

Royal Jewels

shadowed_rain

Shiny_Rock
In most cases, the jewelry of single family members is either bequeathed on behalf of their nieces/nephews/cousins/other relations, etc.; or the jewelry reverts to the Crown (if part of the Crown Jewels, it immediately reverts) or the reigning sovereign.

So it''s very possible, in either case, that it could end up on Princess Mary (more tiaras, huzzah!), or eventually on one of her children/children''s spouses.

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
so we have seen great jewellery but what does it looks when it goes all wrong
here is a modern work and its called Golden Poppies made by Arje Griegst

1zd1xfd.jpg

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
from the same designer
modern topaz tiara
the stone can be changed

stiara7e.jpg

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
with green stones

stiara7g.jpg

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
Charlotte Casiraghi

-2058426016_263.jpg

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
Mette-marits earings

1784266191_373.jpg

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
Victoria
necklace and earings

745022503_873.jpg

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
queen rania

1310807660_493.jpg

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
not royal
but maybe royal in the future
Kate Middleton

673320e.jpg

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
28 Nov 2007
a ring on kate

716697e.jpg

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
kate again
07 Jun 2008

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
Does anyone have a good photo of the real necklace
the earings i cant really see
´movie "the young victoria"

youngvictoria_31098248.jpg

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
Napoleonic Amethyst Tiara
Its a part of a "parure" brought to Sweden by Josephine of Leuchtenberg later known as Queen Josefina. Queen Silvia placed the grand necklace upon frame and wore it as a tiara.

amal.jpg

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
Silvia with the whole parure

CH_01040.jpg

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
Queen Silvia

silvia101.jpg

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
an other try with victorias photo

Amethystnap.jpg

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/9/2009 6:07:56 AM
Author: Josefine
not royal

Kate Middleton
I hope not. I'm sorry but I was having a conversation about this with a friend just today. I suppose we're going to be told William's marriage to any social climber is "the romance of the century." I'm not buying it.

It's a nice picture, though. Thanks.

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/9/2009 10:59:58 PM
Author: Imdanny

not royal

Kate Middleton
I hope not. I''m sorry but I was having a conversation about this with a friend just today. I suppose we''re going to be told William''s marriage to any social climber is ''the romance of the century.'' I''m not buying it.

It''s a nice picture, though. Thanks.
I do not know much about her.
Do you know if she is well liked bythe papers.
What i Understand she has not had a real job after her education.
How long has they dated?

she looks a bit like prince carl philip ex girlfriend, they seem to have split up just a few weeks ago.

Emma Pernald

HEB06090930.jpg

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/10/2009 2:33:55 AM

Date: 3/9/2009 10:59:58 PM
Author: Imdanny

not royal

Kate Middleton
I hope not. I''m sorry but I was having a conversation about this with a friend just today. I suppose we''re going to be told William''s marriage to any social climber is ''the romance of the century.'' I''m not buying it.

It''s a nice picture, though. Thanks.
I do not know much about her.
Do you know if she is well liked bythe papers.
What i Understand she has not had a real job after her education.
How long has they dated?

she looks a bit like prince carl philip ex girlfriend, they seem to have split up just a few weeks ago.

Emma Pernald
sorry looking again they do not look much a like.
but hey a prince with no girlfriend maybe someonce chans to have a go trying out some royal jewellry

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
Queen Elizabeth Posing in Royal Attire
Original caption: In a white satin evening gown embroidered in gold and pearls, Queen Elizabeth is shown in this royal command portrait. She wears the Rib and Star of the Order of the Garter, and a diamond and emerald tiara and necklace formerly belonging to the late Queen Mary. The rest of the Monarch''s jewelry consists of a diamond and emerald bracelet and wrist watch. The Queen and Prince Philip were scheduled to pay a state visit to France from April 8th to 11th.

U11gfvhvg27832.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
President and Mrs. Kennedy with Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip
Original caption: Royal Dinner for Kennedys. London: Prince Philip (left) chats with Mrs. Jacqueline Kennedy while the President (right) and Queen Elizabeth watch the photographer following dinner at Buckingham Palace here June 5th.

U128gjfj2381.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
The first known reference to the ancestor of the wristwatch was Earl of Leicester''s presentation to Queen Elizabeth I of England (1533-1603)of a round watch inlaid with diamonds and suspended with an ''armlet''. And contrary to popular belief, women, not men, were the first to wear their watch on the wrist; bracelet-watches - which were very much ornamental.

Just two learnings from many, which are taken from Le Journal de la Haute Horlogerie''s enlightening and elegant chronicle which celebrates women''s influence on the evolution of the watch. The online interactive chronicle; ''Fine watch making: a tribute to women'' is by Dominique Flechon - an historian and expert in fine watchmaking.

From the sixteenth century, to today, the chronicle reflects on the discreet yet decisive influence of women on the watch''s evolution. As the years have become centuries, timidly but undeniably women have shaped the watch''s destiny, just as they have left their mark on changing fashions and, more widely, society. The catalogue is a delight for anyone interested in timepieces and/or history with pictures of watches through different eras and a wealth of historic knowledge.

elizabejhfthfirst.jpg

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/10/2009 2:33:55 AM

Do you know if she is well liked bythe papers. (No, I don''t know.)

What i Understand she has not had a real job after her education. (I find that kind of sad.)

How long has they dated? (That I don''t know.)

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/10/2009 11:42:19 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady
I''m not into Egyptian royalty however, I know Sithathoriunet is.. and I''ve just been reading about these pieces that were found recently in the tomb of Gahouti, the head of the treasury under Hatshepsut, who ruled Egypt some 3,500-years ago. There are five gold earrings and two gold rings. Neat find.

gee, thanks sandiegolady...
don''t know what to say, but it''s nice to see someone else adding a photo of royal jewlry of the ancients other then myself!:) i can''t imagine not being interested in ancient egyptian, roman, greek, somarian and other royal jewels and history though, i mean..this is why we have royals today...the ideal of royalty came from these ancient times, and so, to have a discussion board about royal jewels, one should be very interested in the full history of the subject no?
and where better to start then at the beginning so to speak..ancient times...egypt...some of the oldest known royal jewelry ever...ancient egyptian kings even loved vintage jewelry and it has been proven (with found artifacts in ancient egyptian tombs of kings) that they, like we now, collected artifacts from other more ancient societies and loved to wear those jewels very much.
the pectoral shown is from the king tut treasure. scarab/sun pectoral

hiddentreasures21-main_Full.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
Signet Ring Bearing the Name of Amunhotep II

The enemies of Ma''at took many forms, but none was more immediate or threatening than hostile foreigners. From earliest times, Egyptian artisans made images of the king smiting enemies with his mace or war club in a symbolic pose of triumph. These representations ranged in size from huge reliefs on temple walls to tiny figures on finger rings.

Rings such as this example served as effective amulets, ensuring the wearer of victory over obstacles that threatened the order of his or her life or afterlife.
o Medium: Silver
o Place Made: Saqqara, Egypt
o Dates: 1450-1425 B.C.E.
o Dynasty: XVIII Dynasty
o Period: New Kingdom
o Dimensions: Other (Central design): 1/2 x 1/2 in. (1.3 x 1.3 cm)

37.726E_reference_SL1.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
Ring of Ramesses IV

All three of these rings probably belonged to nobility or other private persons, not to royalty, The small bronze signet ring has the prenomen, or throne name, of Ramesses II. The scarab ring lacks his prenomen but has an associated epithet ("Beloved Of Amun") and his nomen, or birth name (Ramesses).

On the large silver-tin alloy signet ring the prenomen of Ramesses IV appears—Hekama''at-re'' ("Re Is the Ruler of Ma''at"). In the lower half are several hieroglyphs—djed("stability"), hes ("praise"), and hetep ("peace" or "satisfaction")—that probably serve a decorative or amuletic function because they do not comprise a logical text. Likewise, the semi-hemispherical nb hieroglyph at the bottom was probably employed simply because its shape conveniently fit the oval.
o Medium: Silver
o Place Found: Egypt
o Dates: ca. 1152-1145 B.C.E.
o Dynasty: XX Dynasty
o Period: New Kingdom
o Dimensions: 7/8in. (2.3cm)

37.72d7E_SL1.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/10/2009 11:42:19 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady
I''m not into Egyptian royalty however, I know Sithathoriunet is.. and I''ve just been reading about these pieces that were found recently in the tomb of Gahouti, the head of the treasury under Hatshepsut, who ruled Egypt some 3,500-years ago. There are five gold earrings and two gold rings. Neat find.
oh, and let''s not forget even queen victoria wore a snake ring as her engagement ring, why? because of her love of all things ancient and the egyptian cobra was one of them...her ring was the beginning of a major upswing in the popularity of things egyptian...in modern society.
cool eh?
i had mentioned all of this before, but i can''t even remember what page it was..

gdgen-victoria500px.jpg

shadowed_rain

Shiny_Rock
The serpent was also viewed as a symbol for eternity, which is another reason why the serpent became such a popular figure during the Victorian era.

Here''s a great example
9.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results