shape
carat
color
clarity

Royal Jewels

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
this is the underside of a scarab seal ring..probably the most popular signet type ring for most all of egypt''s ancient past...

8gsg3.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
now to blend our talks about the snake ring and symbolism..which i first got into pages and pages ago...here is a snake symbol well, dragon snake thingy kind of, signet ring...lovely.

hand-engraver-ring-serpent-detail.jpg

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
I am looking for a better photo of last night
i would love to see the necklace of Queen silvia up close

silvia2009march.JPG

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
an other try

silvia20090312.JPG

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/9/2009 7:34:12 AM
Author: Josefine
Does anyone have a good photo of the real necklace

the earings i cant really see

´movie ''the young victoria''

Hi all!
I beliåve that in the movie they wontet to represant Queen Victoria''s collet necklace and earrings. The diamonds are really impresive.
Here the jewels are worn by Queen Elizabeth II.
I can''t wait to see the movie. Hope that it''s a nice one. Have you watched it? What are your impressions?

queenm1.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Talking about signet rings, we should not miss Napoleon Bonaparte''s. There were 10 similar rings, that throught the years were given to various people by the Åmperor. This one was given to Commander Hans de Bruyere and as far as I it is the only one that remained

PJC03041_CHA323.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/15/2009 4:25:21 PM
Author: prince.of.preslav
Talking about signet rings, we should not miss Napoleon Bonaparte''s. There were 10 similar rings, that throught the years were given to various people by the Åmperor. This one was given to Commander Hans de Bruyere and as far as I it is the only one that remained
now THAT"S cool!

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
i found this info, telling of the first ''ladt diana''....quite interesting..
Lady Diana Beauclerk (1734-1808) was born Lady Diana Spencer, daughter of the 3rd Duke of Malborough. As a noblewoman, she served as Lady of the Bedchamber to Queen Charlotte. Her first husband, Viscount Bolingbroke, was notoriously unfaithful and she herself became pregnant whilst in an adulterous affair. A scandalous divorce resulted in 1768. She next married Topham Beauclerk, her lover and later endured further public scrutiny as her son from her first marriage had an incestuous relationship with one of her Beauclerk daughters.

Topham Beauclerk mingled with an artistic and literary crowd such as Joshua Reynolds and Samuel Johnson. She not only was a warm and witty hostess to those luminaries but she was a gifted artist in her own right. She was one of Wedgewood''s most popular designers and a talented book illustrator. Her artistic endeavours were not publicly acknowledged in her time for she eventually had to depend on her art to make a living, another scandalous mark against her.

Her portraits show a woman who either eschewed jewelry or wore very little with the exception of this portrait ca. 1760 by an unknown artist. Here she wears a simple but elegant pearl necklace with matching earrings.

lady+[di.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
Mrs Diana Beauclerk (née Lady Diana Spencer; other married name Diana St John, Viscountess Bolingbroke) (1734–1808) was an English noblewoman and artist.

She was the daughter of the Honourable Elizabeth Trevor (d. 1761) and Charles Spencer, 3rd Duke of Marlborough (1706–1758). Her siblings were George, Charles, and Elizabeth. She was raised at Langley Park, Buckinghamshire, where she was introduced to art at an early age. Joshua Reynolds, an artist, was a family friend.
Diana Beauclerk, "Lady and child dancing"

She married Frederick St John, 2nd Viscount Bolingbroke (1734–1787) in 1757, and from 1762–1768 was lady of the bedchamber to Queen Charlotte. Her marriage was unhappy and Bolingbroke was notoriously unfaithful. In February of 1768 he petitioned for divorce on grounds of adultery. The petition required an act of parliament, which was passed the next month. Within two days she married Topham Beauclerk of Old Windsor. They had four children: Anne (born around 1764, and did not survive infancy), twins Elisabeth (20 August 1766 - 25 March 1793) and Mary Day Beauclerk (20 August 1766 - 23 July 1851), and Charles George Beauclerk (20 January 1774 - 25 December 1846).

Their circle of friends included Samuel Johnson, Georgiana Cavendish — who maintained a glittering salon — Edward Gibbon, David Garrick, Charles Fox, James Boswell and Edmund Burke.

Beauclerk illustrated a number of literary productions, including Horace Walpole''s tragedy The Mysterious Mother, the English translation of Gottfried August Bürger''s Leonora (1796) and The Fables of John Dryden (1797). After 1785 she was one of a circle of women, along with Emma Crewe and Elizabeth Templetown (1747-1823), whose designs for Josiah Wedgwood were made into bas-reliefs on jasper ornaments.

Her husband died in 1780 and, due to restricted finances, she began to lead a more retired life. She died in 1808 and was buried in Richmond.

In the mid-1990s a portrait of her hung in Kenwood House, on Hamstead Heath in London, with the caption: "Lady Diana Spencer, known chiefly for the unhappiness of her first marriage."

DianaBeauclerk.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
quite a few little details in the first lady diana''s life that match with our people''s princess, lady diana, queen of hearts...

charlukges-diana2.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
our princess diana with her lovely sapphire ring, this shot i don''t believe i had ever seen before..but of course diana was apparently the most photographed woman in the world. not a role she relished i''m afraid..

313l7220.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
and a sweet photo of diana with william..

(Image 001) Prince William 1991.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
not sure what harry was doing here, but it looks like mom is putting a stop to it..:)love her taste in simple earrings...

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
ooops, pic didn''t attach... here it is..harry up to no good???

2eam268.jpg

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Interesting about the other Lady Diana Spencer. I had no idea!

Doesn't Diana look great in the green and yellow outfit.

I can't believe "the establishment" didn't know what a good thing they had. They still don't. They're quite clueless.

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/17/2009 10:00:27 PM
Author: Imdanny
Interesting about the other Lady Diana Spencer. I had no idea!

Doesn''t Diana look great in the green and yellow outfit.

I can''t believe ''the establishment'' didn''t know what a good thing they had. They still don''t. They''re quite clueless.
i agree! they had no idea. and what a tragic shame. she was a gift the them and the world.

norma

Rough_Rock
I have spent quite a few days trawling through this marvellous thread. It''s a masterpiece, thankyou everyone. Such stunning pix, and bits of info. I''ve loved every moment that I have spent here.
What has happened to Lady Amethyst, who started the thread? Anyone know?
Thanks again for all the lovely pix.

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
hey all!
here''s an interesting article found online, cartier rings and royals!
A unique gold ring which the Duke of Windsor left to Wallis Simpson as a token of his undying love is to be sold at auction.

''The Duke had the triple hoop ring inscribed with the words ''Darling Wallis'' and her birth date, ''19.6''.

The ring was last sold as part of a Duchess jewellery collection auction at Sotheby''s, which grossed $59 million in 1987.

Royal sale: A triple band gold ring given to Wallis Simpson by her lover the Duke of Windsor could fetch more than £5000 at auction

It was one of two triple hoop rings the Duke wore on his left little finger.

One of the rings was bought by the Daily Mail as a competition prize and won by grandmother Rose Russell from Clacton-on-Sea.

Ms Russell has since died and her family has decided to sell the gold ring in a Royal sale at Colchester auctioneers Reeman Dansie next Monday. It is expected to fetch more than £5,000.

article-1086686-02805AE0000005DC-271_468x361.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
and diana''s set, a cartier trinity ring and a signet from charles

fdhfdhg14.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
here we can see sarah''s tank style watch...cool.

SarahFergusonDuchessOfYorkTeaCollection.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
now, this pic has been up here prior to this, but just to show diana''s tank watch, solid gold, and her lovely sapphire, which i never get tired of seeing...

Dianarcxbcbing2.jpg

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/26/2009 2:57:01 PM
Author: Sithathoriunet
and diana''s set, a cartier trinity ring and a signet from charles
I never tire of seeing trinity rings...they have been a favorite with the english royals(and other royals world wide) since their introduction in the Cartier jewelry lines in 1923...I have a small collection of trinity style rings(five all together) in tri-gold,yellow gold and sterling.I wear them often ands always get positive comments wether they are worn with a suit or jeans.Ive always found it interesting that many english men wear a trinity ring or signet on their pinkie finger rather then a wedding band.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Hi, all!

Princess Diana's jewellery collection includes some timeless pieces such as the Cartier tank watch, The trinity ring and of course her engagement ring. About the Tank watch(why is it called "TANK WATCH"?) I can only add that it was a gift from her father.

I find it strange that men in England wear trinity rings, aren't they woman's jewels? Does anyone know why do they do so?

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Here are some jewels from Queen Mary collection, that were previously in Empress Maria Fyodorovna's possesseion. The sapphire choker is now worn by HRH The Princess Royal, while the bandeau/tiara was worn by the late Princess Margaret. I think it hasn't been worn from decades, because the only pics of the bandeau are black&white, and Pss Margaret looks in her late 20s / early 30s.

Anyone knows what happened to the bandeau? Was it returned in the vaults or is owned by the princess' chldren?

gb20mary20small20russian.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/28/2009 5:56:46 AM
Hi, all!

Princess Diana''s jewellery collection includes some timeless pieces such as the Cartier tank watch, The trinity ring and of course her engagement ring. About the Tank watch(why is it called ''TANK WATCH''?) I can only add that it was a gift from her father.

I find it strange that men in England wear trinity rings, aren''t they woman''s jewels? Does anyone know why do they do so?
Because it was first designed many years ago to resemble a military tank in some respects.

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/28/2009 5:56:46 AM
Hi, all!

Princess Diana''s jewellery collection includes some timeless pieces such as the Cartier tank watch, The trinity ring and of course her engagement ring. About the Tank watch(why is it called ''TANK WATCH''?) I can only add that it was a gift from her father.

I find it strange that men in England wear trinity rings, aren''t they woman''s jewels? Does anyone know why do they do so?
Trinity rings are not womens jewels...men all around the world have worn and currently wear this style of ring..The Tank Watch was given this nickname because there is a design around the face/dial of the watch that looks like tank tracks...to commemorate the liberation of France during the war.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Thank you for the answers Jewelerman and Lorelei. I havent seen men wearing trinity/rolling rings exept the Duke of Windsor, but I guess it''s off topic.

I have another question - Why does Prince Charles wear his wedding band along with his signet ring on his pinky? As far as I know it is not common in the UK. Is it his personal choice or there is another reason?

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
hello all!
ok, this has not a thing to do with royal jewels, however, it is a porche fully covered with 40 pounds of pure 24 kt gold! any royal might well drive this! my goodness!

golden-porsche-russia-5.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
here we have diana and fergie together....diana is wearing her gold wedding band and her amazing gold watch that was a b day gift from charles.

News1_0.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
here diana is wearing her two gold bracelets...and gold earrings. my goodness the woman had such an amazing set of long legs, what a beauty. charles you fool.

Princess+Diana17.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results