clarity

Royal Jewels

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Close up of the King Carl Gustaf Order.

kingcarlgustaforder.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Close up of the 10th Anniversary Tiara that Madeline wore.

Sweden10thanniversarytiara.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Whew - I just noticed that I passed 1000 posts
9.gif
- off to take a shower & then back with more pics from the Nobel Ceremony!

kizmet

Rough_Rock
Lady, I have a quick question... are you interested in only current royals? The reason I''m asking is that I was recently reading a book regarding Indian royalty, and I can only assume that some of their descendants must have some great jewelry! I guess since they aren''t techinally in power, there would be a lack of press.

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Lady A...might I request you to direct your research attention to the Thai Royal family one of these days? They have some lovely bling too!

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/10/2007 8:44:15 PM
Author: surfgirl
Lady A...might I request you to direct your research attention to the Thai Royal family one of these days? They have some lovely bling too!
I''ll post some pictures when I come across them. I really don''t know anything about the history or provenance of any of the jewelry though!

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/10/2007 6:57:56 PM
Author: Nimrata
Lady, I have a quick question... are you interested in only current royals? The reason I''m asking is that I was recently reading a book regarding Indian royalty, and I can only assume that some of their descendants must have some great jewelry! I guess since they aren''t techinally in power, there would be a lack of press.
I rarely see anything about the Indian nobility or royals. Sorry.

Actually I am more interested in the royal houses historically but in terms of jewelry it''s fun to post the pictures of the current royals. It''s harder to find any good historical/old photos of royals online. I do have some though & will post them eventually.

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
There was a banquet in Oslo for the Nobel Prizes but Mette-Marit wore a plain black dress and very small diamond hoop earrings. And that was it. Arrrggghh! Won''t someone give that girl some good jewelry??

So it''s back to Sweden....

Queen Silvia, a good look at just how massive those earrings are!

silvia2007nobel8.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
A nice look at the cross necklace containing over 200 diamonds.

silvia2007nobel6.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Queen Silvia''s tiara from the side. A good look at the earrings and brooch too.

silvia2007nobel7.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Crown Princess Victoria at the banquet.

victoria2007nobel5.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Crown Princess Victoria.

victoria2007nobel6.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Nice fire off the tiara in this picture.

victoria2007nobel7.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Crown Princess Victoria..

victoria2007nobel8.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
The six rosette tiara from the side...

victoria2007nobel9.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
I love this close up of the tiara. I think the upper band of diamonds forms part of a necklace and the lower could easily be used as a bracelet.

victoria2007nobeltiara.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Last one of Princess Victoria...

victoria2007nobel1a.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Other royal jewelery on display today - although much much more minor! - was the Duchess of Cornwall''s diamond brooch in the shape of a stick insect. She was christening the new ship of the Cunard line the "Queen Victoria". This was supposedly a great honor since the last royal to christen a ship for them was the Queen. Usually the royals are given quite nice pieces of jewelry on these occasions so I am looking forward to seeing what Camilla got! Princess Anne got a tiara one time - just for breaking a bottle on a ship!

camilla12-2007a.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Camilla''s diamond stick insect brooch.

camilla12-2007.jpg

kizmet

Rough_Rock
I think that color blue looks good on her! I just can''t stand that brooch, I would be scared wearing it.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/10/2007 11:22:26 PM
I think that color blue looks good on her! I just can''t stand that brooch, I would be scared wearing it.
i agree re the color! and she looks so happy! but i like the brooch for it simplicity and that she dares to wear it with this outfit. it all works so well together for her.

movie zombie

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Camilla''s hat is not great.

But I think Madeline and Victoria are so pretty. Are either of them married or close to it?

kizmet

Rough_Rock
I could be totally off, but I think Victoria has had a steady boyfriend for a while.

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/11/2007 1:58:49 AM
I could be totally off, but I think Victoria has had a steady boyfriend for a while.
Yes, her boyfriend is called Daniel Westling and he''s a gym owner. They''ve been together for about three years I think. The rumor is that this is the year they will get engaged and marry in the summer - but who knows?

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/11/2007 1:48:41 AM
Author: diamondfan
Camilla''s hat is not great.

But I think Madeline and Victoria are so pretty. Are either of them married or close to it?

i think this entire outfit is not a great look. i have no problem with the color but the styling is not my favorite.

i have no illusions that camilla gives a care what i think though.
2.gif
2.gif

true_diamante

Rough_Rock
Hello there. Newbie on the block...hopefully one of the youngest out here (17)

I was hoping to see some more of the Bruneian Royalty''s Jewels. I''ve seen some of them online. They''re really blingy...Trust me, I live in Brunei.

LOVES MY DIAMONDS!!
31.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/10/2007 11:04:49 PM
Author: LadyAmythyst69

Other royal jewelery on display today - although much much more minor! - was the Duchess of Cornwall's diamond brooch in the shape of a stick insect. She was christening the new ship of the Cunard line the 'Queen Victoria'. This was supposedly a great honor since the last royal to christen a ship for them was the Queen.

Only monarchs (actually, only Queens) have, in the past, christened ships in the Cunard Line named after Queens (i.e. the Queen Elizabeth and the Queen Mary). When a spokeswoman for Cunard was asked about the break in tradition (asking Camilla to name the Queen Victoria) she replied that a senior member of the Royal Family had always been asked and that this time the Duchess of Cornwall had been asked and had come for the ceremony with Prince Charles. That's a pretty neat way of begging the question; who can deny that the Queen is a senior member of the Royal Family?

Deborah
34.gif

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/11/2007 5:27:43 PM
Author: AGBF

Date: 12/10/2007 11:04:49 PM
Author: LadyAmythyst69

Other royal jewelery on display today - although much much more minor! - was the Duchess of Cornwall''s diamond brooch in the shape of a stick insect. She was christening the new ship of the Cunard line the ''Queen Victoria''. This was supposedly a great honor since the last royal to christen a ship for them was the Queen.

Only monarchs (actually, only Queens) have, in the past, christened ships in the Cunard Line named after Queens (i.e. the Queen Elizabeth and the Queen Mary). When a spokeswoman for Cunard was asked about the break in tradition (asking Camilla to name the Queen Victoria) she replied that a senior member of the Royal Family had always been asked and that this time the Duchess of Cornwall had been asked and had come for the ceremony with Prince Charles. That''s a pretty neat way of begging the question; who can deny that the Queen is a senior member of the Royal Family?

Deborah
34.gif
That''s for sure!

Which makes it even more ironic that the champagne bottle failed to break. Take that omen as you will....
31.gif

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
Which makes it even more ironic that the champagne bottle failed to break. Take that omen as you will....
31.gif

LOL! You''re kidding! Too funny! [Actually, I''ve seen that happen before so it was probably not her - but funny nonetheless!]

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Another view of Camilla''s diamond stick insect brooch.

camillastickinscetbrooch.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results