shape
carat
color
clarity

Royal Jewels

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s December 7 and I just noticed today that this thread has been moved from Hangout to Jewelry Pieces. It definitely belongs here in terms of finding the most appropriate area to house a thread on royal jewels, but seeing it moved concerned me.

I spend a lot of time in Jewelry Pieces because I follow some of the threads on high karat gold here. I hope other people will come here to continue to read and to participate in the Royal Jewels thread. In Hangout it was always visible to everyone and everyone really enjoyed it. It was a major crowd pleaser!

Deb
34.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, I love this thread! I agree that it is more appropriately placed here. Maybe Andrey would consider sticking it at the top so it''ll always be easy to find?

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/7/2007 8:38:04 AM
Author: diamondseeker2006
Yes, I love this thread! I agree that it is more appropriately placed here. Maybe Andrey would consider sticking it at the top so it''ll always be easy to find?

That''s a good idea, although I suspect that it will almost always be at the top naturally! I don''t know why it is called a "sticky" when threads are permanently placed at the top and their titles are written in boldfaced type, but I think that that is what you are suggesting?

Deb
34.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker,

Did we celebrate your 10,000 postings yet? I know I did not yet offer you a cake! If there is not a thread started in Hangout, I will start one. If there is, I will contribute to it! Hearty congratulations!!!!

Hugs,
Deb
34.gif

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/7/2007 8:47:00 AM
Author: AGBF

Date: 12/7/2007 8:38:04 AM
Author: diamondseeker2006

That''s a good idea, although I suspect that it will almost always be at the top naturally! I don''t know why it is called a ''sticky'' when threads are permanently placed at the top and their titles are written in boldfaced type, but I think that that is what you are suggesting?

Deb
34.gif
I did email awhile ago when the idea first came up of asking to make this a sticky thread. Never heard back so I don''t know what will happen. Maybe we will just see it at the top in bold letters someday.

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/6/2007 3:02:53 PM
Author: woobug02
Wooo LadyAmy....can you tell which Royals where their rings (engagement or Wedding) on their right hand verses their left and is there a reason why??? Thank you :)
Many of the Scandinavian Royals wear their wedding rings on their right hand. It''s just the custom there. I think Mary and Frederik wear theirs on their left hand though in a break with Danish tradition.

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/6/2007 3:15:46 PM
Author: woobug02
Woo one more question...do you think Royals favor platinum or yellow gold :) I notice alot of yellow pieces ...woooo
Most of the important pieces are set in platinum. There is a large section of gold jewelry in the royal collections but much of that comes from the Middle eastern countries as gifts.

Princess Diana and the Duchess of York seemed to favor yellow gold for their personal pieces but I think the rest of the British Royals favor platinum.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/7/2007 8:51:19 AM
Author: AGBF

diamondseeker,

Did we celebrate your 10,000 postings yet? I know I did not yet offer you a cake! If there is not a thread started in Hangout, I will start one. If there is, I will contribute to it! Hearty congratulations!!!!

Hugs,
Deb
34.gif
That is so sweet of you, Deb! I answered you on the other thread, and I definitely would be honored to have one of your cakes!!!

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
The Nobel Prize Gala/Ceremony and dinner took place today in Sweden. This is a huge event over there and the royal ladies always turn out in full glitter!

This is Princess Madeline. She is wearing a tiara that was a 10th wedding anniversary girft from her father King Carl Gustaf to her mother Queen Silvia. The tiara also converts into a necklace.

madeline2007nobel.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Crown Princess Victoria wore a tiara with six diamond rosettes. The Swedish Royal House has several of the "button" or rosette style tiaras. The rosettes in this one came from the crown of a 16th century King which was remodeled in the early 1800''s.

victoria2007nobel.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Crown Princess Victoria''s necklace has a leaf pendant which is detachable and has also been worn by Queen Silvia as a brooch. The brooch she is wearing comes from the "foundation" of jewels of the Swedish Royal House. It''s kind of like a collection of jewels which are not owned privately by any of the royals but are shared amongst them and cannot be inherited by any single person. Hope I explained that well enough!

victoria2007nobel2.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like CP Victoria's necklace. Any closeups?

ETA
Lady A, you beat me to it. Thanks for the close up. I am eyeing her brooch too. Any story on it?

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Another shot of pretty Princess Madeline.

madeline2007nobel2.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Crown Princess Victoria.

victoria2007nobel1.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
A close up of the six button/rosette tiara without the diamond base. You can see how the base can be attached on the frame - usually with little screws. Most royal jewelry is totally rearrangeable this way. Makes it very confusing for people like me who like to keep track of the history of these pieces. Never sure if it is something new or just something remodeled.

sixbuttontiara1.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Queen Silvia of Sweden at the Nobel Prize Ceremony.

silvia2007nobel.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
This is a close up of the tiara Queen Silvia is wearing. It is known as Queen Sophia''s Diamond Tiara. Silvia wears this one alot.

QueenSophiesDiamondTiara.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
The earrings Queen Silvia is wearing come from stones left to the Royal House by Empress Amelie. In the early 80''s Silvia took two huge diamonds from the collection and had these earrings made.

silvia2007nobel1.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
This is a great shot of the whole ensemble! The diamond cross necklace is the same one that Queen Silvia wore to the first Nobel Ceremony in 1976. The large brooch comes from the "foundation". And those earrings!! Lordy!

silvia2007nobel3.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
The whole shebang from another angle.

silvia2007nobel4.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, the queens crown is gorgeous; thanks Lady!
35.gif

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Some nice diamonds in there - I want to see a close up of the earrings.....
18.gif

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
For the ladies
28.gif
....Prince Carl Philip at the Nobel Ceremony.

carlphilip2007nobel.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
They also do a simultaneous ceremony in Norway at the City Hall. Unfortunately it is totally different in style and thus far less interesting jewel-wise.

Crown Princess Mette-Marit and Crown Prince Haakon of Norway.

mm2007nobel.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
I almost didn''t recognise Queen Sonja - she looks so matronly!

sonja2007nobel.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Let''s go back to sparkly Sweden for some more jewels! Another angle on Princess Madeline''s tiara.

madeline2007nobel3.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
And from the side. The earrings are ones that were worn frequently by Queen Louise.

madeline2007nobel5.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Madeline again - you can see the family order pinned on the right of her gown, with it''s miniature of King Carl Gustaf. The whole RF wore them tonight.

madeline2007nobel4.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results