shape
carat
color
clarity

Royal Jewels

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
A nice close up of Maxima and her earrings.

maxima12-2007d.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Mary of Denmark recently visiting a kindergarten. I noticed she is wearing a charm braclet.

mary11-2007.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Close up of the bracelet & ring. There''s got to be something engraved on those disks - wish I knew what it was! (Such a busybody.
1.gif
)

mary11-2007close.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Mary at the kindergarten.

mary11-2007a.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Mathilde of Belgium (she is pregnant) wearing some enormous black jet (?) earrings, a ruby and gold bracelet and her ruby engagement ring.

mathilde11-2007.jpg

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Maxima looks fun and happy, but those earrings from the fashion show look like tarantulas on her ear!

Mary always looks so lovely.

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Princess Letizia of Spain at this weeks gala dinner for the State Visit from the President of the Philippines.

letizia12-2007.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t know what is up with the red sash - I''m sure it goes with some order or other but it looks unfortunately pagent contestantish.

letizia12-2007a.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Letizia looked great - but still way too thin!

letizia12-2007b.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Letizia wore the Mellerio State Tiara for the first time.

letizia12-2007c.jpg

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Hate to say it but she really looks anorexic, doesn''t she. Someone needs to feed her.

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
This is the best picture I have found of Queen Sofia (so far) at the same gala.

sofia12-2007.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Another of Queen Sofia from the State Visit of the Philippines.

sofia12-03-2007.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Letizia, Felipe and Queen Sofia - State Visit of the Philippines. I think I said before that Letizia''s tiara is the Mellerio "State" Tiara - that was a mistake - it''s the Mellerio "Shell" Tiara. (I think I had state this and that on the brain...) Anyhow, you can see how the tiara is supposed to look like sea shells with pearls in them.

letiziasofia12-03-2007.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Crown Princess Maxima of the Netherlands and Crown Princess Mathilde of Belgium decided to be "twinsies" today at a launch of a book about Netherlandish and Belgian painting. They often do engagements together & like to make it a double act of sorts.

maximamathilde12-04-2007.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
I like this one because you get a fairly good look at how big Maxima''s orange diamond ering is on her hand. Her diamond earrings are a similar style to those citrine ones she wore a few days ago. She really seems to like that cluster look. The bracelet looks like it could be tigers eye. I''ve seen one by Stephen Dweck that looks very similar.

maximamathilde12-04-2007b.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Looks like Mathilde may have had to abandon her ering for the day - probably due to her pregnancy.

maximamathilde12-04-2007a.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Another look at Maxima''s diamond flower cluster earrings. Maxima is by far the most jewelry loving royal in my opinion. She just has tons and tons of stuff!

maxima12-04-2007.jpg

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
Do you think they spoke before leaving the house that morning? The matching tops threw me for a loop for a second! LOL!

ETA: I didn't see the pics on the previous page before posting!

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/4/2007 6:15:26 PM
Author: DiamanteBlu
Do you think they spoke before leaving the house that morning? The matching tops threw me for a loop for a second! LOL!

ETA: I didn''t see the pics on the previous page before posting!
I actually think they do talk about it and match or co-ordinate on purpose. They''ve done it too many times for it to be an accident. I can totally picture the girly phone calls...

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Queen Elizabeth at the Royal Variety Show this week. The necklace is the George VI Festoon Necklace and was made in 1950 out of 105 loose diamonds that the RF just had lying around.
1.gif

queenroyalvariety2007.jpg

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/18/2007 3:10:14 AM
Author: LadyAmythyst69
Sarah was wearing a diamond encrusted ''key'' pendant that I haven''t seen before. Hard to tell if it is real or costume jewelry.
These are real. I have forgotten the designer, but the boutique jewelry store, where my rings were purchased, has a display of them in both YG and WG. The owner always has one on. I think cost is around $2K.

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/5/2007 6:51:58 PM
Author: HollyS

Date: 11/18/2007 3:10:14 AM
Author: LadyAmythyst69
Sarah was wearing a diamond encrusted ''key'' pendant that I haven''t seen before. Hard to tell if it is real or costume jewelry.
These are real. I have forgotten the designer, but the boutique jewelry store, where my rings were purchased, has a display of them in both YG and WG. The owner always has one on. I think cost is around $2K.
Thanks Holly. It''s so hard to tell with Sarah what is real or costume. Her jewelry since the divorce is pretty slim and she borrows alot. So it''s hard to tell if she owns the piece, if it''s borrowed etc.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Something I''ve noticed about the young to middle-aged royal women of all the European families . . . they almost always look well put together and modest . . . without looking dowdy. They look like ladies, which, quite frankly, we average Americans have forgotten how to be. I mean, when you get a group of college girls invited to the White House, and they thought nothing of wearing flip-flops . . . well, that just says it all.

And you never see anything revealing in their wedding attire. I realize their churchs may require more traditional dress, but it''s always long sleeves and necklines without a hint of *the girls*. With the exception of Miss Bow Butt (I forgot her name!), they''ve been wearing lovely dresses for their weddings. A little modesty wouldn''t hurt the rest of us; I for one was rather shocked at what will pass for bridal attire in this day and age. I''ve seen underwear that covered more square inches than some of the (for instance) "destination" w-dresses being made!

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/5/2007 7:13:21 PM
Something I''ve noticed about the young to middle-aged royal women of all the European families . . . they almost always look well put together and modest . . . without looking dowdy. They look like ladies, which, quite frankly, we average Americans have forgotten how to be. I mean, when you get a group of college girls invited to the White House, and they thought nothing of wearing flip-flops . . . well, that just says it all.

And you never see anything revealing in their wedding attire. I realize their churchs may require more traditional dress, but it''s always long sleeves and necklines without a hint of *the girls*. With the exception of Miss Bow Butt (I forgot her name!), they''ve been wearing lovely dresses for their weddings. A little modesty wouldn''t hurt the rest of us; I for one was rather shocked at what will pass for bridal attire in this day and age. I''ve seen underwear that covered more square inches than some of the (for instance) ''destination'' w-dresses being made!
Yeah - I call it Brittney Spears syndrome!

Most of the "commoners" who have married into these families were successful women in their own right before they married. Maxima worked in some sort of finance & speaks several languages, Mary did some sort of real-estate I think, Sophie had an advertising company, Letizia was a television journalist etc. I think most of them learned how to present themselves as professionals before their marriages. Plus they were almost all closer to thirty rather than twenty when they married. And most of them went through fairly long periods as girlfriends when they were literally given some training.

I think alot of the Eurpopean RF''s learned from the problems encountered by Princess Diana and have figured out how to avoid them. The Princes generally have more freedom of choice in terms of a mate than their British counterparts do. Women seem to be accepted for their own individual merits rather than what looks good on paper - if you know what I mean.

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/5/2007 7:13:21 PM

And you never see anything revealing in their wedding attire. I realize their churchs may require more traditional dress, but it''s always long sleeves and necklines without a hint of *the girls*. With the exception of Miss Bow Butt (I forgot her name!), they''ve been wearing lovely dresses for their weddings. A little modesty wouldn''t hurt the rest of us; I for one was rather shocked at what will pass for bridal attire in this day and age. I''ve seen underwear that covered more square inches than some of the (for instance) ''destination'' w-dresses being made!
I agree!!!

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
I have to agree about the styles that are being worn today.I dont think its just the way people are dressing to go out but its how they are acting when the get there...people dont seem to care about how they carry or present themselves anymore.The vulgar laguage(when did four letter words become acceptable in classrooms let alone in the workplace?) some people use in public is sad at best,not to mention that some cant create a sentence that dosnt use the words like,em,okay or stuff in them.I am impressed by a persons ability to communicate with ease about different subjects and also reframe from gossip,or talking down to a person who disagrees with them on matters of money,religion or politics and creates a positive atmosephere when in a conversation or public speaking.I guess im old fashioned in that i want to see more elegance in the world.

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
Wooo LadyAmy....can you tell which Royals where their rings (engagement or Wedding) on their right hand verses their left and is there a reason why??? Thank you :)

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
Woo one more question...do you think Royals favor platinum or yellow gold :) I notice alot of yellow pieces ...woooo

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results