color
clarity

Royal Jewels

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/16/2007 3:01:58 PM
Author: ulualoha

I don''t want to hijack your thread but was curious if you knew any history on the Thurheims or Hapsburgs/Habsburgs of Austria? I am a descendant on my grandma''s side.

I have never, to my knowledge, heard the family name, "Thurheim", but there must have been forests cut down to supply all the reams of paper for what has been written about the Hapsburg empire! It is not really an area of history I know well, but when an historian I adored (Sir Hugh Trevor-Roper) was delivering a series of lectures on the Hapsburgs I attended them just to hear him!

What do you know of your family? That would seem to be a logical starting point!

Deborah
34.gif

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Lady A, I finally found a site about the Thai Royal Jewels...though the photos are admittedly not that fantastic. I dont know how to import photos but for anyone interested in Asian royal jewels, the Thai Family has amazing pieces...

http://www.geocities.com/threeb.rm/royaljewels.html

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s the little guy. His title is Viscount Severn. No name yet though.

viscountsevern.jpg

eac

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/16/2007 3:01:58 PM
Author: ulualoha

Hi LadyAmythyst69!

I have been away from Pricescope for a while and came back to find this wonderful thread you started! Thank you so much! I saw that you are a historian in Royal History. I don't want to hijack your thread but was curious if you knew any history on the Thurheims or Hapsburgs/Habsburgs of Austria? I am a descendant on my grandma's side....I would be interested if you know anything about them or have any pictures of their gems too. Thanks again for all these amazing pictures! Happy holidays!

Hugs,

ulualoha
Okay, funny that you should mention this. My stepmother is one of the Austrian Hapsburgs (no longer living in Austria, of course). She is a very private person and has formally retreated from public life, so I don't feel this forum is the right place to post details about her. But...I will send you a private message with some information, if you like. Please private message me if that's OK.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Unfortunately this forum does not have private messages. But this is certainly a most interesting situation!

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
How about some Royal Christmas cards?

The Prince and Princess of Asturias (Spain).

Princess Letizia holding Sofia and Leonor with Prince Felipe.

asturiaschristmas2007.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
The Norwegian Royals don''t publish their Cjristmas cards but they have issued this new official photo.

Marius, Queen Sonja, Princess Mette-Marit holding Ingrid, Prince Haakon holding Sverre-Magnus and King Harald.

norwayrfchristmas2007.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Queen Sofia and King Juan-Carlos issued this card posing with all their grandchildren.

sofiacarloschristmascard2007.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Prince Charles and Camilla issued this card with a picture of them taken on their visit to Wales earlier this year.

camillacharleschristmascard2007.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
This is the sort of weird Christmas card Sophie and Edward Wessex sent out this year. Can you spot them in the crowd?

sophiewessexchristmascard2007.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Wouldn''t something like this have been a better card? Edward and Sophie with their new baby boy (who has been named James Alexander Philip Theo).

sophieedwardjames.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Not their Christmas card..but the Crown Prince and Princess of the Netherlands have started a vacation in Maxima''s home country of Argentina this Christmas. They sat for these new family photos.

Willem-Alexander holding Ariane and Amalia and Maxima holding Alexia.

netherlandschristmascard2007.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
The Belgian Royals also have not issued a Christmas card so we will have to be content with this photo of Princess Mathilde and Prince Philippe at a Christmas concert recently.

mathildechristmas2007.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Camilla hosted a Christmas tree decorating party...

camillachristmas2007.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
And Camilla and Charles participated in the Festival of Lights for Chanuka.

charlescamillachanuka.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
And lastly, Mary and Frederik of Denmark have issued this card of themselves with their children Christian and Isabella.

marychristmascard2007.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/23/2007 3:11:54 AM
Author: LadyAmythyst69
Queen Sofia and King Juan-Carlos issued this card posing with all their grandchildren.
Thank you for the Christmas card pics. They are really wonderful to see! Everytime you post a picture of Queen Sofia and King Juan-Carlos it makes me smile. About 18 years ago they came to New Mexico and my parents attended some benefit dinner w/them; my parents said they were so nice. I never knew what they looked like before this thread so I appreciate the pics!!!
36.gif

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s another new photo for Christmas of Mary and Frederik of Denmark with children Christian and Isabella.

maryfamilychristmas2007.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Mary and Isabella hang an ornament.

maryandisabellachristmas2007.jpg

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/23/2007 4:08:18 AM
I can honestly say I''ve never seen a "royal yarmulka" ever EVER before in my entire life! I dont know whether to laugh or not...but it''s quite interesting that they chose to have the "HRH" insignia put onto a yarmulka...or is it just odd to me?

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/24/2007 12:51:46 AM
Author: surfgirl
Date: 12/23/2007 4:08:18 AM

I can honestly say I''ve never seen a ''royal yarmulka'' ever EVER before in my entire life! I dont know whether to laugh or not...but it''s quite interesting that they chose to have the ''HRH'' insignia put onto a yarmulka...or is it just odd to me?[/QUOTE

I didn''t notice the HRH on it- but to me that''s no more bizarre than the guys that I went to college with who would have their fraternity letters and/or our college mascot put on theirs.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Thank you so much for the Royal Christmas cards. I have been enjoying them here on Christmas Eve.

Merry Christmas, eveyone!!!
35.gif

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
I just got a phone call that my nephew was just born!! Leave it to my sister to have a Christmas baby. LOL!

So to celebrate - here is a photo of the Queen delivering her Christmas broadcast this year.

queenchristmasbroadcast2007.jpg

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
congratulations on the new arrival!I APPRECIATE all that you do to keep this thread interesting and inviting!

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 12/25/2007 2:45:15 AM
I just got a phone call that my nephew was just born!! Leave it to my sister to have a Christmas baby. LOL!

So to celebrate - here is a photo of the Queen delivering her Christmas broadcast this year.
Congrats!
36.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulatoins Lady Amethyst!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats!

Is this your first nephew or niece?

Name?

How exciting!

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks you guys.
1.gif

No name yet. I think they enjoy keeping us in suspense.
20.gif
But at least I got to see pictures & he is a cutie pie. Cheeks like a chipmunk!
9.gif

I have another nephew but he is 15 now so we are all excited about the new baby. What a crazy Christmas!

kizmet

Rough_Rock
Congragulations! What a lovely Christmas present!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results