Date: 3/4/2010 11:41:24 PM
Author: loriken214
Date: 3/4/2010 11:39:32 AM

Author: prince.of.preslav

Here is front view of the glittering Princess:

I just can't get used to Camilla looking like a 'Queen.'

Lori

+1

And I know she's technically a "Princess" but I like to think of her as the Duchess of Cornwall.

Just my personal opinion, no offense intended to anyone here.

neil31uk

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/5/2010 2:45:49 AM
Author: Imdanny

I just can''t get used to Camilla looking like a ''Queen.''

Lori

+1

And I know she''s technically a ''Princess'' but I like to think of her as the Duchess of Cornwall.

I think the title of Duchess of Cornwall really suits her, far more than princess and I don''t mean that to sound bad, on the contrary I like camilla, I just think the title "fits" her, her look and her style. I think she will be a great Queen Consort (yes, I know they say she will be called Princess Consort, but I hope they change their minds in a few more years). I think she wears major jewels really well. That Emerald Necklace and the Honeysuckle Tiara look amazing on her. Just a personal opinion.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock

Lori

Well, Lori, every woman has the right to look like a queen and every woman is someone''s queen. What''s more, a tiara actually doesn''t make you look like one, a crown does. Tiaras just denote wealth and a certain position in society.

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/5/2010 2:45:49 AM
Author: Imdanny

+1

And I know she's technically a 'Princess' but I like to think of her as the Duchess of Cornwall.

Hi Danny!

No offence at all. I wrote Princess, instead of Duchess, absolutely intentionally. I just wanted to see pepole's reactions when they see Camilla being refered as Princess.
In my opinion the title Duchess adds more substantiality to the holder than Princess. When I hear princess, I think of a young, vibrant woman like Diana. And when I hear Duchess someone like Camilla comes to mind. That's why I also prefer calling her HRH The Duchess of Cornwall. As you poit, however, Camilla is more than legally HRH The Princess of Wales.

It seems that I and neil31uk share the same opinion on that issue.

Bobby

laurensmama

Shiny_Rock
So after the Duchess of Windsor passed away, and her jewels for auctioned for the Pasteur Institute, who bought Queen Mary''s pearls? Such a shame they have left the royal family. Thanks

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
At the 1987 auction Celvin Klein purchised The Duchess' peal necklaces, the pendant, the ear clips and diamond eternity ring. The jewels were a present to his (now ex) wife Kelly.
In December 2007 Mrs Klein sold Queen Mary's strand, the pendant and the earrings for $4.82 million - much over the estimate.
Obviously Mrs Klein retained the longer strand and the eternety ring.

Pic: Kelly Klein wearing the Duchess of Windsor's pearls in 1989

1989_75924271.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
In 2006 wering one of the necklaces. Since then I haven''t seen the perlas:

2006_75873842.jpg

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/5/2010 8:45:33 AM

Lori

Well, Lori, every woman has the right to look like a queen and every woman is someone''s queen. What''s more, a tiara actually doesn''t make you look like one, a crown does. Tiaras just denote wealth and a certain position in society.

Bobby
Bobby,

I was expressing MY opinion and I wasn''t trying to offend anyone. I am not used to seeing Camilla in such a large tiara and am having a hard time getting used to the idea of her being the future Queen/Princess Consort.

Lori

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Hi Lori!

I know it''s your opinion and you know that I respect it. You don''t have to worry - I doubt enyone can be offended by your post (at least I wasn''t).

One last thing - would you feel better if HRH wears her own tiara insted of the two royal ones she''s worn so far?

Bobby

laurensmama

Shiny_Rock
What does Camilla''s own tiara look like? What is the history behind it?

Princejohnny25

Rough_Rock
The Cubbitt tiara was apparently owned by Camilla''s grandmother and passed on down to her. Its pretty but hard to figure out what the design actually is. I would love to see Camilla wear it again but the last time she wore it, it got lost in her glorious hair.
7.gif

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Bobby!

The reason I associate these jewels with those of a queen is because they are associated with Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother!

All my best,

Danny

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/5/2010 5:52:30 PM
Hi Lori!

I know it''s your opinion and you know that I respect it. You don''t have to worry - I doubt enyone can be offended by your post (at least I wasn''t).

One last thing - would you feel better if HRH wears her own tiara insted of the two royal ones she''s worn so far?

Bobby
Hi Bobby!
35.gif

I''m still a Diana fan and need to get over it. Camilla is married to Charles and I know that. I''m sure Camilla is a very nice person and I need to learn more about her.

Lori

neil31uk

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/5/2010 8:23:28 PM
Author: Princejohnny25
The Cubbitt tiara was apparently owned by Camilla''s grandmother and passed on down to her. Its pretty but hard to figure out what the design actually is. I would love to see Camilla wear it again but the last time she wore it, it got lost in her glorious hair.
7.gif

I agree, it is a lovely tiara but it would get lost in her hair. IMHO the large tiaras that she has worn so far have looked very good on her, the honeycomb being a particular triumph. I would love to see her with the Cambridge Emeralds (if not the Cullinan diamonds) restored to the Delhi Durbar Diadem/Tiara (although I think that may just be more because of my love of the emeralds rather than because I think they would enhance the look). I think she will one day look amazing int he State Diadem, and I hope to see her in the Vladimir Tiara (either pearls or, you guessed it, with the emeralds. Not sure about the Brazilian Aquamarine Tiara, I just can''t see anyone BUT HM QEII wearing that!

Maybe it is time a new tiara was added to the collection - one designed fro Camilla (just not one like the hideous ones designed for Princess Maxima of The Netherlands or for Queen Sonia of Norway!). Thoughts please people...

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/6/2010 3:29:20 PM

Hi Bobby!
35.gif

I''m still a Diana fan and need to get over it. Camilla is married to Charles and I know that. I''m sure Camilla is a very nice person and I need to learn more about her.

Lori
Lori,
I am as well, and it''s difficult for me to look at photos of Camilla for that reason, among others. I know these photos of Camilla are posted with the best intentions and for the benefit of learning about royal jewels, but it''s still difficult for me to look at her without grimacing. I apologize to anyone I just offended.
emembarrassed.gif
I just had to get off my chest. There . . . I feel better now!!

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Princejohnny, are we sure that the tiara is owned by Camilla? For me it''s more likely that it''s owned by her brother, like The Spencer tiara and Diana''s brother, and just on loan to HRH and her daughter.

Here is another photo of the tiara from Laura''s wedding. Hope this one helps:

351355.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
And here is The Duchess wearing the Cubitt tiara. As siad before it looked lost in her hair.

_bigt_.jpg

Princejohnny25

Rough_Rock
I knew there was a better photo around somewhere! Ta, bobby. The history of the tiara isnt actually known, I remember reading it belonged to her grandmother and travelled down the female line of the family. I dont remember seeing any photos of other Shand members wearing it, or it being worn before Camillas wedding to Andrew. I''ve always thought it was a gift from the Parker-bowles to Camilla but who can say. Im not entierly certain all the gems are real in that tiara though.

I wish the Duchess would wear her tiara again though, and with a more tame hairstyle. It would be nice to see again. Do you know the history behind the torquois jewelry the duchess is wearing, it looks gorgeous. Ive never noticed them before.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/6/2010 3:29:20 PM

Hi Bobby!
35.gif

Lori

Hi Lori, Danny and TL and everyone else here!

Since I started the Camilla-Diana-Jewels issue I''d like to put an end of it.

I shall say that my attraction by royals and later by their jewels started because of Diana, at about the time of Prince Charles'' second wedding. In the begining it was all Diana, Diana, Diana...and I nearly hated Camilla! Maybe that was because of the papers that focused on Fred & Gladys'' past as lovers and the fact that Diana is a world-wide-know icon. But later I understood that royals actually ''work'' and don''t just stay in their palaces and go hunting and it''s the work they do that actually matters, not teir past. About two years ago I starting paying more attention royal work and understood that Camilla''s a kind, loving and wise woman, wife, mother and now grandmother.

And then bit by bit I started respecting The Duchess of Cornwall and even liking her. Now one can even say that I''m her fan, who supports her here when necessary.
One think we can''t deny - she really does justice to big jewels like the Boucheron tiara and some of the big brooches.

All that being said, I''m still (like you all) a Diana fan.

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2010 11:10:52 AM
Author: Princejohnny25
I knew there was a better photo around somewhere! Ta, bobby. The history of the tiara isnt actually known, I remember reading it belonged to her grandmother and travelled down the female line of the family. I dont remember seeing any photos of other Shand members wearing it, or it being worn before Camillas wedding to Andrew. I''ve always thought it was a gift from the Parker-bowles to Camilla but who can say. Im not entierly certain all the gems are real in that tiara though.

I wish the Duchess would wear her tiara again though, and with a more tame hairstyle. It would be nice to see again. Do you know the history behind the torquois jewelry the duchess is wearing, it looks gorgeous. Ive never noticed them before.

Hi Prince Johnn!

Thans for sharing what you know about the tiara.

Sorry, but I don''t know anything about the turquoise set. It may be a Ceppel/Cubitt heirloom, or something that Charles bought her. Strange that The Duchess hasn''t worn the necklaces ever since. She''s only worn the earrings. Onr thing is sure, however, it looks very beautiful!

Pic: At the Hilton with Cherie Blair in 2005

53001379.jpg

alexander1917

Shiny_Rock
I only can remember this necklace... it was said it''s from the Kepple treasure, but it''s from her family.

4-turquoise.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2010 9:35:06 PM
Author: alexander1917
I only can remember this necklace... it was said it's from the Kepple treasure, but it's from her family.

Thanks for the photo, Alexander!
It looks Edwardian to me, so maybe it really came from Mrs. Keppel. I hope Camilla will wear it again in the near future and we'll finaly get good photos;-)

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
A bit off topic, yet slightly on topic:

Sandy Powell, who designed some of the jewels from The Young Victoria, won an Oscar for Best Costume Designer for The Young Victoria.

Here is the artist with her Oscar:

po1.jpg

neil31uk

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/8/2010 12:57:58 PM
Date: 3/7/2010 9:35:06 PM

Author: alexander1917

I only can remember this necklace... it was said it''s from the Kepple treasure, but it''s from her family.

Thanks for the photo, Alexander!

It looks Edwardian to me, so maybe it really came from Mrs. Keppel. I hope Camilla will wear it again in the near future and we''ll finaly get good photos;-)

Bobby

Has anyone royal had turquoise and pearl jewels?

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
And here are some of the jewles she desingned. Really good work I must say! She deserves the prize very much!

Some of Queen Victoria''s signature pieces:

the_young_victoria07.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
This set must represent The Kent amethysts, since the wearer is ''The Duchess of Kent'':

the_young_victoria10.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
And last but not lest a ''ruby and diamond set'', perhaps inspired by the rubies worn exclusively by QEQM:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results