shape
carat
color
clarity

Royal Jewels

alexander1917

Shiny_Rock
By the way there are so many replicas of jewels of Victoria and the RF. one nice hp is http://www.stagejewellery.com/royal/index.html - and they SELL those items :))

the RF own some turquiouse jewels. the combination of turquiouse and pearls are seldom, but HM received one necklace from may Pakistan..it''s now sometimes worn in an altered style by the Princess Royal

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
And here is The Queen wearing the original necklace at a dinner during the Pakistan State Vsist in 1966:

1.c1sv.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/8/2010 2:50:14 PM
Author: alexander1917
Camilla in 2002

Thank you! I''ve never even thought such nice pictures of the turquoise necklace existed! I still hope we''ll see itagain, though.

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Today Elizabeth II wore mother''s grape/bow brooch at the Commonwealth Observance Service at Westminster Abbey:

97544539.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock

A very happy 8th March to all ladies here!!! Hope you all have a great day!​

Bogdan

elizabethannepinkdiamondbrooch.jpg

laurensmama

Shiny_Rock
I believe Sophie, Countess of Wessex now owns three tiaras, all gifts from HM the Queen. What are the history behind these three pieces, are any of them interchangeable (stones, convert to necklace, etc)?

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/9/2010 2:53:06 PM
Author: laurensmama
I believe Sophie, Countess of Wessex now owns three tiaras, all gifts from HM the Queen. What are the history behind these three pieces, are any of them interchangeable (stones, convert to necklace, etc)?

Hi Laurensmama!

HRH The Countes of Wessex has worn three tiaras but only owns two of them. The second tiara was on loan from a London jeweller.

This is her honeysuckle tiara, a wedding present from The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh. At the time of the wedding it's been reported that the tiara is from HM's collection. It is most probably crated from pieces, previously forming a brooch with the Koh-i-Noor.

At Frederik and Mary's wedding in 2004:

image_710799.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
As I said in my prevous post, the second tiara was on loan from a London based jeweller. It's convertable into a necklace The Countess wore at one of Frederik and Mary's pre-wedding galas:

Wessex_Button_Tiara.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
And her third tiara - a large aquamarine and diamonds. I think it's more likely a gift from The Earl, than the Queen.
This photo was taken in 2005 in Monaco, before an opera performance, marking the investiture of Prince Albert II:

aquatiara_css.o.w.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
The auqa-diamond tiara is also convertable into a necklace:

sophiem.jpg

laurensmama

Shiny_Rock
Maybe it is just me, but I find it rather sad, that the Countess has a tiara on loan from a jeweler, since there are so many fabulous pieces in HM QEII personal collection, some of which hasn''t seen the light of day in forever. Anyway thanks for the information, you are as always very helpful.

alexander1917

Shiny_Rock
I think it is not sad. it''s HM''s privilege to loan or gifted jewels as she wished. when I remember right the then Duchess of York received no tiara.....

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/9/2010 7:49:23 PM
Maybe it is just me, but I find it rather sad, that the Countess has a tiara on loan from a jeweler, since there are so many fabulous pieces in HM QEII personal collection, some of which hasn't seen the light of day in forever.

No, it's not just you.

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
What did Sarah, Duchess of York, receive by way of jewelry?

Lori

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/10/2010 3:05:59 AM
Author: loriken214
What did Sarah, Duchess of York, receive by way of jewelry?

Lori

The Queen and Prince Philip presented Sarah with a late XIX c. tiara and a modern suit of diamond jewellery. All jewels were bought specially for The Duchess of York:

sarahtiara.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Here the former Duchess decorated her hair with the bracelet from the suit:

fergybracelet.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/9/2010 7:49:23 PM
Maybe it is just me, but I find it rather sad, that the Countess has a tiara on loan from a jeweler, since there are so many fabulous pieces in HM QEII personal collection, some of which hasn't seen the light of day in forever. Anyway thanks for the information, you are as always very helpful.

I don't find it so sad. It's entirely up to HM to loan her jewels to members of her family. I don't know The Countess of Wessex had to rent a tiara, but I'm almost sure that (having in mind that HM really likes her) had she asked her mother-in-law to lend her a tiara, The Queen wouldn't have refused.
I still think HRH was gonna look gorgeus in The Queen Mother's rose tiara.

Personally I think it's a pity that The Countess doesn't have many necklaces to wear with her two rather nice tiaras.

Bobby

alexander1917

Shiny_Rock
I know that the necklca, earrings, bracelet where a gift from Sarahs parents-in-law, bought at Gerrard''s. the tiara was a loan from a close friend of the Ferguson family.
and when I remember right, I never saw her again with it, after her divorce.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/10/2010 8:27:11 AM
Author: alexander1917
I know that the necklca, earrings, bracelet where a gift from Sarahs parents-in-law, bought at Gerrard's. the tiara was a loan from a close friend of the Ferguson family.

and when I remember right, I never saw her again with it, after her divorce.

How do you know that the tiara wasn't a gift from The Queen and Prince Philip? Everything I've read sais it was. And it's quite unlikely if HM&HRH didn't really present her with a tiara, even if they weren't (and still aren't) really fond of her.

This is a photo from after the divorce:

gbfdlert.JPG

neil31uk

Shiny_Rock
I love Tahitian Pearls and these ones really suit the DoY.

Has anyone got any other pictures of royals in Tahitian pearls?

Princejohnny25

Rough_Rock
The Tiara is Sarahs. It was a gift from Her Majesty. It has not been seen in years however, Im not sure we will ever see Sarah wearing it again. Perhaps, if she gets invited to the coronation or remarryes Andrew. But we will most likely see the tiara and diamond jewelry on the York Princess''s one day. At least I hope so, I find her jewelry beautiful. Ive always had this fear that Sarah may have sold the jewels off to pay for debts but thats just speculation.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/10/2010 2:09:54 PM
Author: Princejohnny25
The Tiara is Sarahs. It was a gift from Her Majesty. It has not been seen in years however, Im not sure we will ever see Sarah wearing it again. Perhaps, if she gets invited to the coronation or remarryes Andrew. But we will most likely see the tiara and diamond jewelry on the York Princess's one day. At least I hope so, I find her jewelry beautiful. Ive always had this fear that Sarah may have sold the jewels off to pay for debts but thats just speculation.

Thanks for the support, Prince!

I had the same fear, but I think Sarah won't allow enyone to sell these jewels in her lifetime.

We can't deny that her tiara is relly nice, can we? I think it's even nicer than the Spencer tiara:

sarah_suchessyorktiara.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/10/2010 12:21:11 PM
Author: neil31uk
I love Tahitian Pearls and these ones really suit the DoY.

Has anyone got any other pictures of royals in Tahitian pearls?

Here''re some ladies with Tahitian pearls -
Princess Maxima:

PPE091028128.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Not sure if these're Tahitians, but they're lovely - the then Camilla Parker-Bowles at the Service Of Thanksgiving for Sir Angus Ogilvy:

52264173.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
I think I was wrong - the closer look shows them as regular grey/black pearls:

52264175.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
And finally my favourites - Queen Silvia of Sweden''s Tahitian pearls and diamond suit:

090831027.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results