shape
carat
color
clarity

PS''ers You are Thankful For!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ooooh GOODIE! I have to go back & read this thread but I wanted to say that I''m thankful for the people I tend to AGREE with **and** the people who have completely opposite points of view **and** all the shades of grey in between! How would we ever learn & grow without challenging our thoughts & beliefs? And how could we survive tough times without compassion & hearing other people''s stories? The same things that help in "real life" are also found here ("online") -- and specifically, remarkably here on Pricescope: the most diverse, inclusive, educational & humane forum I''ve had the good fortune to come across.

Thanks for helping me plan a wedding, buy a car, honeymoon in Ireland, find my way in Santa Fe, purchase the proper Crock Pot, scout out countless wedding bands, whip up dozens of new tasty dishes, teach me how to "fage", work out Reality TV frustrations & fandom, find fab dresses & shoes & beauty products & nail polishes, figure out more than I ever needed to know about Asschers ... and tantalizing me with enough constant bling/keeping my wishlist ever growing. But mostly for making me laugh & keeping me company when I don''t feel like working.
3.gif

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/28/2007 5:56:52 PM
Author: decodelighted
Ooooh GOODIE! I have to go back & read this thread but I wanted to say that I''m thankful for the people I tend to AGREE with **and** the people who have completely opposite points of view **and** all the shades of grey in between! How would we ever learn & grow without challenging our thoughts & beliefs? And how could we survive tough times without compassion & hearing other people''s stories? The same things that help in ''real life'' are also found here (''online'') -- and specifically, remarkably here on Pricescope: the most diverse, inclusive, educational & humane forum I''ve had the good fortune to come across.

Thanks for helping me plan a wedding, buy a car, honeymoon in Ireland, find my way in Santa Fe, purchase the proper Crock Pot, scout out countless wedding bands, whip up dozens of new tasty dishes, teach me how to ''fage'', work out Reality TV frustrations & fandom, find fab dresses & shoes & beauty products & nail polishes, figure out more than I ever needed to know about Asschers ... and tantalizing me with enough constant bling/keeping my wishlist ever growing. But mostly for making me laugh & keeping me company when I don''t feel like working.
3.gif
I second that last line!!
28.gif

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
awww Mara...this is the cutest thread ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I blushed when I read my name by some of you...you guys are so sweet!
9.gif

I''ve been sort of MIA but still check PS regularly!!!!...between work, wedding planning and vacations it has just been a crazy year!!.

I love reading so many of your posts...a few of the PSers that come to mind:

Mara, because I love her style and how she writes...to the point and always sincere! (and for starting this thread!)
Deco, because she always cracks me up with her fast-wicked sense of humor
KimberlyH, just because. I love Kim, she is humble and loving...honest and caring!
Robbie, because she''s the best flower girl ever!
Fisher & Argh, because I love their sweet story and you can just see the goodness in them (even through a monitor!)
Janine, because we sort of have grown up in PS together :)
SanDiegoLady, because she''s always smiling....not sure how I know that since all I see is teh avatar! but she''s like a breath of fresh air!
alj, I just love her avatar and I know when she responds to a thread I always stop and read....she is straight to the point but always does it in a respectful and classy way.
DeeJay, PS just wouldn''t be PS without DJ!!
DKS, because I love the sense of humor and the graphic examples to define how she feels or sees things...always makes me laugh out loud!
Ellen, Lorelei, IG, TG, Ellaila, kaleigh, Just all wonderful and a PS staple :)

To my fellow brides...Harleigh, blushingbride, eBree, Musey, Anchor, Pandora, Haven...I am thankful to all of them for putting up with me and how indecisive I am...haha...for helping me pick "the" dress, helping me get creative and enjoy every second of planning this wedding!!

I am probably forgetting many...

But I am MOST thankful for all of you that went through the dog ordeal with me earlier this year. I will NEVER forget that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1.gif

M~

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am thankful for all PS''ers for allowing me to share my diamond obssession; for sharing all of your life''s up and downs, I love reading your threads even though I don''t always respond to them. Most of all, I am grateful for the incredible support that I received during the extremely difficult period of my life when my mom passed away.

God bless you all!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey Miss Mara, I am still here, as I am sure Kaleigh is, if you ever need to pick our brains! How is the decision to move here or not coming? You know you have a welcome wagon/blingfest partners if you do come!!!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
I never checked this thread because Canadian Thanksgiving was over a month ago and I''m silly like that... I never thought I''d see my name listed so many times! So, why not participate, even if I''m uber-late (especially for Canadian Thanksgiving!)?

To my old LIW buddies, who are mostly married now, thank you for your support through those tough times!

To my BIW buddies, for being so patient with my impossible indecisiveness, for supporting me through all the drama with my FI''s family and my sister, for helping me plan my wedding and design stuff I can''t do myself. I don''t have a fellow bride friend IRL, so it''s fun to talk about wedding plans on here without boring anyone.

To everyone else who are just intent on helping others, making us laugh, think and grow. I can''t even begin to tell you all how much I''ve learned from this forum, and it''s not just about diamonds.

Thank you to the PS community for being so kind and supportive, praying for my best friend who lost her mother when you didn''t even know her, alleviating my fears when I had to go for a colposcopy, helping me chose a vaccum cleaner, find Christmas presents or ways to keep my sensitive acne-prone skin under control, giving me studying or job-hunting tips, quick and healthy cooking tips... The list could go on and on.

On that note, I can''t wait to meet IndyGal next week!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm so thankful to Mandarine, Pandora II, Delster, Ellaila, HollyS, Independent Gal, and TravelingGal for noticing me! It feels very special to know that my silly musings (ha!) on here have been appreciated by so many.

TGal...
Musey - for being the early 20 something I would have loved to be.
I am SO honored and flattered by that one sentence. I have a lot of respect for you from what I've learned on here, and those words coming from you mean a lot
1.gif

There are so many, but I'll keep my notes short. I'm quite thankful for:

Everyone knows for so many reasons... her humor, wisdom and compassion being only three among them.

TGal, I loved you pre-preggo but am loving even MORE the preggo snark. Ttot has already been a great influence on you, and that kid's still baking!
9.gif

Ellen, your posts just flat out make me happy. Oh, and I'm obsessed with your ring, too. Love, Musey.
16.gif

Skippy and SDL, even when threads get incredibly frustrating, we know we can count on you two to be kind and remind us what was important in the FIRST place. I love knowing that I'll never feel irked after reading one of your posts!

EBree for being the wedding gown MASTER--always finding what I (or anyone else) so inadequately attempt to describe... and quickly!

Haven, for keeping a cool head during our almost-argument a ways back. That wasn't the most level-headed day for me, and your bigger-person-ness saved me from making too big an arse of myself
2.gif

ALL the BIWs for helping me keep my sanity, and bouncing fabulous ideas around.

All those PSers who are here out of genuine interest and/or desire to help. I love that this community is so welcoming and sincere, and I feel lucky to have stumbled across it.

Everyone who's ever posted their ring/necklace/bracelet/whatever on SMTR. Dunno what I'd do without the yummy eye candy on here!
30.gif

Anyone who's ever said that they love my ring. Flattery will get you everywhere
3.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh oh, and MoonWater, for (almost) always havin'' my back!
2.gif
3.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
ellaila, mrss, blushingbride, Delster, Manderine and musey, Thank you all so much for mentioning me. I''m honestly touched.
1.gif

And musey girl, your post cracked me up!
grins-xmas.gif
2.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I didn''t want to take up too much space on this thread with thank you''s, but I think it''s calmed down enough for me to say I really am touched by all the kind words...both directed toward me and all the other PSers. You all are my water cooler as I work from home alone, and without you, I''d be pretty much koo-koo!

*muah!*

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you to all Pscopers for making me see things from different points of view. thanks for making me laugh, inspiring me(wwt--even though i''ve been too busy...excuses
20.gif
), and for "being there" to share my feelings and thoughts.

LOVE TO ALL!!!!
30.gif

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just wanted to say that I am glad that there is a place like Pricescope. I think people come here for the knowledge and end up staying for the people. Confession: I mostly come here as a form of escapism from everyday life (let''s look at the Danish royals jewels say, or an asscher''s windmills, or someone''s beautiful rendition of diamonds by the yard) and so while I often read the "heavy" threads and empathize I often shy away from posting, especially as by the time I read them the posters here contain so much sage advice if I did post I would often say "ditto".

You guys , so many I get these mental images
Nicrez, Firegoddess, Traveling Gal, Madam Bijoux, Diamondfan of Glamorous, Gutsy, Gallivanting, Genteel, Giant a** diamond wearing
2.gif
, well interesting people, well couldn''t probably live up to my expectations, but I''m glad I got to meet you at least in internet space!

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also wanted to give a shout out to the roosters in the hen house, like Storm, Rich sherwood, and Gary cutnut, for their knowledge and refreshing perspectives!

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/28/2007 9:19:55 AM
Author: beau13
There are so many helpful individuals on this site. A special thanks to Lyra, Woobug, Skippy, Mela Lu, Loralie, and of course RisingSun (who posted so many beautiful pics of her rings, for me). You ladies are great!! You seem to be the ones you always answer my questions!! I've learned alot from many of you on PS!!
Thank you for naming me on your list. I know that Mara had the best of intentions by starting this thread. It is difficult, however, to see that you are not recalled by others with whom you have interacted for almost a year. I didn't name anyone on my first post for this reason. I'm grateful that Beau thought of me. You made my day
1.gif

Gemma12

Brilliant_Rock
I''m coming out of lurkdom to say thanks-I have finally found a place where my (ahem) ''hobby'' is normal!
36.gif
36.gif
My stuff is nowhere near as gorgeous as some of the bling you ladies have but thanks so much for sharing! Hopefully I can work things out so I can post some pics as well.

Thanks to everyone here-it''s so hard to name names but I have noticed Mara, mrssalvo, Skippy, Kaleigh, decodelighted, DKS all seem to step up when someone needs help on a setting or has a question about living life-I have learnt SO much from scanning posts and everytime I do a search... there you are!

So I guess on behalf of lots of lurkers-you are touching more people than you know! Oh, and keep up the enabling
27.gif
!!

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/28/2007 4:34:36 PM
Author: surfgirl

You made me so very happy. I thought nobody loved me here!
39.gif

Thank you!

Steel, your post made me feel badly and I''ve felt the same way on other threads, which is why I dont like these types of threads to begin with. Too many people get left out and people who dont post all the time can feel like they''re not liked as much as others who maybe post more often - it starts to feel like a popularity contest. I know the OP truly only meant well, but there have been several threads like this lately and I just wish we didn''t have to go there. People are always going to be left out and it just doesn''t feel right to me. Then again, maybe it''s only me that feels this way...
I''m with you here, SG. I don''t think it adds any "negative" energy to speak from your heart. My heart is speaking the same thing...

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
Oh this is hard, esp since I am not such an "active" PSr anymore...but just a FEW of MANY:

Mara-Even though I really don''t "know" her, she is just so nice, fun, has great bling and attitude.

Kaleigh & Diamondfan- Philly girls that, although I didn''t meet while living there, made me feel a tad more comfortable knowing that if I were dying, they would come and visit
36.gif
Being alone in a place like Philly is no fun....Just nice, classy women!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/5/2007 1:34:58 PM
Author: UCLABelle
Oh this is hard, esp since I am not such an ''active'' PSr anymore...but just a FEW of MANY:

Mara-Even though I really don''t ''know'' her, she is just so nice, fun, has great bling and attitude.

Kaleigh & Diamondfan- Philly girls that, although I didn''t meet while living there, made me feel a tad more comfortable knowing that if I were dying, they would come and visit
36.gif
Being alone in a place like Philly is no fun....Just nice, classy women!
Awww, I wish we could have met up while you were here. Seems like only yesterday that you got accepted to Grad school, my how time flies.

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you to those who have thought of me on this thread.

Also, thank you to all of you who have chosen to help me in some way, whether it be supporting and understanding me on LIW, providing help with wedding planning, sharing thoughts on various random topics or helping me through the harder times. It has meant a lot to have this forum to come and speak my mind, get advice and support from so many, when you truly don''t have to take the time to do so. It has been a very hard time lately but many of you have helped me in very memorable ways.
Thank you. PS means a lot to me.

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
Well, I think the lot of you are absolutely fabulous. If I had to point out any specific poster(s), I would have to so Kaleigh, diamondfan, and San Diego Lady.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I've been here for a while, but I don't post as much as I should. The job gets in my way of having fun far too often . . . Boo Hoo!

However, there have been some people on PS, both here now and in the past, that I really, really am thankful for.

The LIWs from 2004 - 2006. You all were so incredibly supportive, and being able to vent my frustration here was incredibly cathartic, and you saved my now DH tons of grief when I arrived at home. Goldengirl, GingerBCookie, Matatora, Tacori, appletini, Melissa Sue (I miss her, met her when she was in Dallas and she's awesome, but she was banned for some reason), Blueroses, Mara, SDL. You are all so incredibly wonderful women, and I've glad I've had the opportunity to get to "know" so many of you!
30.gif

Also, for the few weeks I was in BWW, thanks to those that helped with my "shotgun wedding" planning! Lizzie C, jcrow, Ebree, Strawdermangirl (who helped Weston with my ring).

And to the Asscher lovers here, Musey, Vespergirl, Kaleigh . . . God, how am I ever gooing to remember them all . . . I would probably not have even looked twice at an asscher if it wasn't for some of your lovely rings! Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!

I'm just really happy I found this place, and can't wait to spend more time here!
30.gif

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock
Here's another thread I wish I wasn't so late in replying!

I've only been on PS for about a year, and lurked for a year before that, so I don't know as many of you as well as I would like, but here are some of the PSers I am grateful to for various reasons:

Surfgirl, Facetfire, Ericad for inspiring and enabling me to get my very own OEC.

Mrssalvo for always being one of the first to jump in with advice or recommendations and for making newbies like myself feel welcome.

DKS for making me laugh with each and every one of her posts.

LadyA for the royal jewels thread - one of my all-time favourite threads on PS.

SanDiegoLady for her warmth and sweet personality.

All PS-ers who contribute to the celebrity rings thread. I've spent many happy hours drooling over the celeb bling
1.gif

I'm sure I've forgotten many others, but thank you to all of you who make PS such a welcoming place to be. A lot of my friends IRL think my diamond obsession is insane, but I know every time I come on here, I'm not so weird after all
2.gif

ETA: Oh, how could I forget Gypsy! Your bravery and strength through your mother's illness was inspriring to me and so many others. I'm so happy you finally got your gorgeous setting too, and it looks FABULOUS on your hand!

crowmama

Shiny_Rock
I''m thankful for EVERYONE here... as I''m more a wil-o-the-wisp on this site, and everytime I come back there are new posters to get acquainted with. Over the years, though, Deco (I miss your papillon avitar, btw), Widget and MrsSalvo have taken the time to answer my stupid questions and eBay finds. DKS rocks, too -- I love your humor and honesty!

nebe

Brilliant_Rock
I debated for a really long time whether or not to reply because I didn't want to name names. But...

I'm thankful for EVERYONE on PS, because you're what make PS.... PS!
2.gif
5.gif
37.gif

canadiangrrl

Brilliant_Rock
I think it''s been almost three years since I last posted...but I came here tonight on a whim, and saw that Mara and Al still remember. :)

PS''ers I''m (still) thankful for...

Mara - Sassy, irreverent, extroverted, helpful, and fun - the quintessential Cali chick.
Al - Has never pulled a punch in her entire life - the quintessential East Coast chick.
Rich Sherwood - Always the wittiest person in the room. Rich was very patient with me in 2003 when my engagement ring was purchased and did a bang-up appraisal.
Leonid & Irina - Always the smartest people in the room. They were very kind to me when I still lived in Toronto and are WONDERFUL people.
Garry - Urbane, knowledgeable, and honest.

Lots of other people from way back when - Fire & Ice, PQ, AGBF (whose love of the English language shone through), Rank Amateur (whose incisive wit always cracked me up), Storm, Valeria, Giangi, Josh, Glitterata, Hest - hello to you all. :)

Mara, if you come back to this post - my latest diamond purchase - .66 ideal cut H&A studs, G SI2, set in 3-prong 18k white gold, from James Allen. Yes, I went with Gs! I wanted F or better, still don''t care about clarity so long as they''re clean, but I couldn''t find any in the size/price point I wanted, and I''m happy with my Gs. :)

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/18/2007 12:36:55 AM
Author: canadiangrrl
I think it's been almost three years since I last posted...but I came here tonight on a whim, and saw that Mara and Al still remember. :)

PS'ers I'm (still) thankful for...

Mara - Sassy, irreverent, extroverted, helpful, and fun - the quintessential Cali chick.
Al - Has never pulled a punch in her entire life - the quintessential East Coast chick.
Rich Sherwood - Always the wittiest person in the room. Rich was very patient with me in 2003 when my engagement ring was purchased and did a bang-up appraisal.
Leonid & Irina - Always the smartest people in the room. They were very kind to me when I still lived in Toronto and are WONDERFUL people.

Lots of other people from way back when - Fire & Ice, PQ, AGBF (whose love of the English language shone through), Rank Amateur (whose incisive wit always cracked me up), Storm, Valeria, Giangi, Josh, Glitterata, Hest - hello to you all. :)

Mara, if you come back to this post - my latest diamond purchase - .66 ideal cut H&A studs, G SI2, set in 3-prong 18k white gold, from James Allen. Yes, I went with Gs! I wanted F or better, still don't care about clarity so long as they're clean, but I couldn't find any in the size/price point I wanted, and I'm happy with my Gs. :)
OH MY GOD!!!!!! Where have you been?? I am SO happy to see you on here!!!! Alj and I talk about you all the time, woman. We miss our Scooby. What have you been up to? Three years, gosh I can't believe it...we thought you were long gone.

YAY for G's...did you know I am on my third (fourth?) upgrade now and I have an amazing J stone ?? I've firmly gone over to the lower color camp and never looked back. Stuff is so expensive now that it's the only way I can really justify purchasing!

Are you going to be lurking around or is this strictly just a drive by? hee hee. In any case, fab to see you and I hope you are deliriously happy. Anytime you want to happen on by, please do...we'd love to get some of your wry humor around here.
5.gif
Plus there is that fabulous red cape....
2.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/18/2007 12:36:55 AM
Author: canadiangrrl
I think it's been almost three years since I last posted...but I came here tonight on a whim, and saw that Mara and Al still remember. :)

PS'ers I'm (still) thankful for...

Mara, if you come back to this post - my latest diamond purchase - .66 ideal cut H&A studs, G SI2, set in 3-prong 18k white gold, from James Allen. Yes, I went with Gs! I wanted F or better, still don't care about clarity so long as they're clean, but I couldn't find any in the size/price point I wanted, and I'm happy with my Gs. :)

SCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOB!

Oh my GOSH - I cannot believe you dropped in! I'm torn between wanting to hug you to pieces and to SMACK you for LEAVING us for such a long time!

I remember what state you were moving to when we last spoke; are you still there? How's B doing? How about your mom?

Oh, this is like a little Christmas present.....I can't believe you stopped by after all this time! SO many changes here. Of course we remember you - not a day goes by that I haven't wondered where you disappeared to.

Mara and I have been keeping the capes warm. Mara's become seriously buff in the interim, so the tights are a bit saggy for her now, but they still fit me just fine.

I wish PQ would stop by too, have missed her immensely as well.

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease stick around.
9.gif
It's more fun when you're on the playground too!

Glad to see you're drifting over to the "DARK SIDE" of near-colorless
11.gif
11.gif
. How long ago did you get the earrings? .66 cwt or .66 each? Pictures?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
"Mara and I have been keeping the capes warm. they still fit me just fine."

_____

LIAR. Your cape is saggy now too....skinny minny.

CG we do really miss you...Hope you guys are enjoying the happiest of holidays.

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
I am especially thankful for Loreli, FG, Gypsy, bee* and all the other cat owners who were so wonderful to me when MC was sick last summer. Couldn''t have made it though without it!

I am also thankful for ABGF, whose academic ticks made me smile, and DKS, who has been good for more than one belly laugh!

Thanks for: helping me buy a sapphire, a setting, fix the setting, buy an armchair (!), dress---and endless hours of procrastination!
3.gif
9.gif

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
A few late additions, because why not...

for AGBF...insightful, naughty, edgey and wise
Jule N...newly back from a brief sabbatical...smart, merciless, cute
the gals...independent
and traveling...I like the gals
Stebbo...sharp
Capn Aubrey..experienced
and a new favorite...Julianna...winning a prize for an active sales associate who comes on and shares her mind.

Happy Holidays all...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results