shape
carat
color
clarity

PS''ers You are Thankful For!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Gosh, this is a hard one.

I often feel I have more in common with a lot of PSers than people I know IRL. You are all such intelligent and well-meaning people. I have been amazed at the generosity of posters here, both with advice and help - and at times real-life practical help. The San Diego fires being an example.

Naming people is so difficult - but posts I really look forward to reading:

Harriet
DKS
Deco
SDL
Mara
Indy girl
Travelling gal
AllieCat
Mandarine
Nicrez
Maisie (my fellow Brit!)
Harleigh
Robbie
Anchor
Alexis
Aljdewey
Movie Zombie
Mine!
RockDoc
Richard Sherwood
Dave Atlas
Garry
Skippy
SarahtheWarrior
Basil
Sumbride
Kimberly H
Monarch
Lorelei
Musey
Gypsy
Musey
Canuk-gal
Ebree
Bee* and Delster

Okay, I must have missed someone out and will feel guilty in about an hour's time when I remember.

Really, I think all the regulars on PS are truly wonderful people. It's quite strange, but you can sort of spot the 'regulars-to-be' right from the first few posts. Thankfully, those who would not make this a happier place tend to disappear quite quickly.

So a big thank you from me to all of you for so much fun and education over the last 18 months.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

I am thankful to my dear family. They are an amazing parts of my life.

I am also thankful for all of Pricescope community; the consumers, enthusiasts, appraisals, vendors, and everyone else.

You are all the key ingredient to what makes Pricescope what it is. It seems that good Pie is something that is great to have too.
I am learning so much from all of you and appreciate everyone''s help that I have been getting to make Pricescope a better place.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
I''m another latecomer, but I think this is a great topic.

As a relative newbie, I''m just thankful for everybody who posts on here! This is such a warm community, and I''ve learned so much from everybody''s posts. I''ve gotten great advice here, and have seen the way PSers come together for each other and it just makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.
5.gif

mela lu

Ideal_Rock

Okay friends, I''ve given a lot of thought to this post...as I am a ''relative'' newbie to the more personal posts. here goes.

I came here because I was not entirely happy with my ering. I learned, I cried, I spent a lot more money....and I learned. Once saturated (never really) with pure diamond related threads, I gingerly stared braving the other forums....

and I found so much more than I bargained for! I have slowly melted into the fold of loveliness and honestly of the PS community, and these are the few that I have had some form of personal connection to. There are SO MANY beautiful people here, but in the spirit of the heartfelt, I''d love to shout out to:

TGal. you are open and honest and come up with THE BEST threads! you are infinitely thoughtful and innovative and I love how you weave everyone together in your open conversation. Your zest for life is infectious; even through words.

Robbie. I was never bride-ish. I never wanted a wedding. I fought tradition. YOU inspired me!!! You’re love for love and your thoughtful dedication to planning, family issues and ACTUALLY enjoying the planning of a wedding was (silently) inspiring to me. I never really mentioned it, but you helped me get excited about things that I never thought I could get excited for.

Independent gal. Again, you inspired me to ''go against the grain'' and stick to my vision of a wedding. This is HUGE, because I wanted nothing to do with tradition, and seeing you do ''untraditional'' successfully gave me the confidence to own my vision and move forward (happily). Thank you for being you!!!

SDL - you are so warm and responsive and REAL. Maybe it''s because you have a face in your avatar to put to your name...but I really feel like I know you and like you. That sounds so silly, but it''s true!

DKS. I don’t care if you have your door knob or not...you make me howl! I love your posts, I think you should be a writer in comedy. You are hilarious!

Blushing Bride - My fellow married-to-a-Croatian. We are forever linked. I cannot wait to exchange notes as we go through many a traditional events. I know it may sound trite, but I really wish we could meet in Croatia next fall!! wouldn’t that be amazing!

There are so many more, Mara for example - I always read your posts with hunger. you are a wealth of knowledge and taste. I can''t wait for more!

I do not mean to leave anyone else, but to be on this forum, you *know* what it means to be touched daily. I appreciate each and every person who makes this community what it is. I feel like I stumbled on GOLD. I am thankful for everyone here, and thankful that there is so much to share.

I can''t wait to know more of you more intimately as time goes by.

Mela

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
I lurk far more than I post on PS, and I have enjoyed reading everyone''s posts, from the newbies to the seasoned PS veterans. Because I knew nothing about diamonds when I first found PS, I am thankful for everyone that contributed their experiences and expertise, as it helped me and my husband to find and design exactly what we both wanted.

Belle: was the first PSer to make me feel welcome around here, so I definitely appreciate that.

LynnB: because my engagement ring was inspired by her latest upgrade...thanks Lynn!

TGal: not only for her insightful posts, but because we have something in common in that we both had international long distance relationships that lead to marriage and had to deal with visas and greencards and all in order to be together. Not many people can relate to all that goes into such a relationship, and her thoughts about the issue were very similar to mine. So it was very refreshing and encouraging to find out that I was not the only one going through the madness!

Everyone that posted in the BWW forum: I gained so much knowledge about wedding planning and handling all of the stress that comes with it. I really appreciate ALL of the advice I got directly and indirectly over on that forum. Had I not read all the advice there, I think my wedding experience would have been a lot different, and not for the better. So thanks ladies!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
This thread is a nice idea.

I am thankful for everyone on PS; without members we would not be here. Every member adds their own
spice to the dish!

I must thank PS for bringing Lisa into my life. She is my heart.
emlove.gif

Without her I wouldn''t be .............
emrose.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a lovely thread Mara.

I''ve been away (Vegas, family, and food comma-- don''t shoot me I have some bling pics for you all from Vegas I have to upload) so this is the first I''m seeing this.

I''m so humbled and touched to be mentioned by you all. Surprised too. Your friendship, advice, support, humor, and knowledge are invaluable and just amazing to me. I really just love you all.

I really can''t make a list that is all inclusive as so many of you have touched my life and my heart in so many ways. Trying to come up with one is so hard, as I keep thinking "oh... that person too!"

So I hope it''s okay for me to take the diplomatic route too, and just say a huge thank you to ALL the regulars, new and old, all of you are just so wonderful and special. To everyone I''ve met through the GTG''s and for all the fun we''ve had. And to the administrators, new and old... Irina, Leonid, and Andrey.

Happy Holidays all. And thank you for making this such a wonderful place to be, every day.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Seven's one you totally rock for keeping up the SMTR thread of everyones awesome bling! Thanks a million!!!!
35.gif

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock

What fun thread...although I''m a little late!

9.gif
I know I''m a newbie and even though I haven''t been a member for too long, I''ve lurked on this site for years so, I''ve been following along with so many of you!

I truly feel like this is an extended family in which I can throw anything out there and get honest feedback. I originally came here to learn about engagement rings and became an official member right after my DH proposed. I used the name Blushing Bride because when I joined, I thought this forum would help me with the daunting task of planning a wedding and that I would leave afterwards.

Over the past year and half of being a member, I''ve come to find that PS is an amazing place that I can come to for ANYTHING...not just wedding planning (too bad I can''t change my name now!

20.gif
). The people here are truly wonderful souls who inspire me and who allow me to learn something new every single day! I look forward to signing on each day to see what all of you have been up to and to see if there''s something that I can help other people with.

Thanks PS!!!

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

I know I''m leaving out so many, but to my those who I’ve come to know from the BWW forum:

Mela
Robbie
Dani
Sumbride
IndieGal
Dixie94
Mandarine
Zoebartlett
Jaders731
Janinegirly
Surfgirl
Harleigh
Anchor31
FacetFire
Chellebelle
Jas12

To the PS’ers whose posts I’ve enjoyed and learned from:

JCrow
Kalieigh
TGal
Monarch64
Kimberly H
Mara
Mrs. Salvo
Ellen
Kaleigh
DiamondFan
DKS
Skippy
SDL
Strmrdr and Wifey
Ebree
Aljdewey
Ellaila
Snlee
Curlygirl

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I am very thankful for finding this wonderful forum called Pricescope. I love gemstones, diamonds and jewelry and have so enjoyed sharing in everyone''s excitement over their treasures.

However, I am most thankful for my friends and fellow health seekers in the WWT group. Some of them have become dear cyber friends to me. They inspire me and motivate me to continue on my incredible journey towards a healthier life.

Thank you PS for being her for me.

Delster

Ideal_Rock
Oh my goodness, Skippy and Pandora I am so honoured you mentioned me! Seriously my heart did a little thud when I saw my name. Twice! I am beyond chuffed. Céid míle thank yous!!!

I love this place. The way my life is structured at the moment, it could get rather isolating. I work at home most of the time, bar about eight hours a week when I need to be in uni. I can't afford to live near to the uni so my social life is rather curtailed. Add to that that BF is over 100 miles away...
7.gif
So this place is a little bit my connection with 'outside' while I work. I keep it open in a browser and hit 'posted today' every once in a while to see what's going on! You all are sort of helping to keep me sane!!!
1.gif

I'm enormously grateful for everyone here, but the following are some of the people I most look forward to reading posts from:

All the experts who take the time to post on here and keep educating us, thank you!

TGal and Deco for telling it like it is and for your wonderful wit.

Mara, Musey, and Luckystar for your straight-talking, calling it as you see it, and ever good sense.

DKS for your wonderful optimism and shameless romantic streak on all those proposal threads
1.gif

Skippy for your boundless positive energy. You are so kind to everyone here. You are such a fantastic role model.

Ellen you are just wonderful to everyone and I love all your happy clappy jumpy emoticons
1.gif

IndyGal because I want to be like you when I grow up, you go-gettin' all-inspirin' phenomenon of a woman
2.gif

Gypsy you are an inspiration how you coped with your mother's surgery and everything around that time. And I want you to be my personal shopper - you have such beautiful taste!

All the UK Pricescopers, particularly Lorelei for your kicking sense of humour, Maisie for your great big heart, and Pandora because you are so wise and sensible and your posts are always so INTERESTING!

The ladies on the Pregnancy thread - I lurk bigtime and you warm my heart
1.gif

The LIW, particularly (alumnus LIW) Miscka (my wisdom toothums buddy), Stephanie (you were the first person to welcome me to the LIW board, thank you!), Gwendolyn, Mimzy and Emilina (you're so enthusiastic it's infectious!
9.gif
)

The knitters and crafty people! You inspire me!

And of course the Irish Pricescopers. Steel you are so funny in your posts and so straight to the point and direct. I enjoy reading your posts! Hope the job-hunting is going better this week for you. Bee-STAR, my kindred countrywoman (even if you are a Dub, grrr
2.gif
) - you were the first person to speak to me on Pricescope and I always look out for your posts. You are so supportive and helpful to everyone on the LIW board. I've often been told that Irish women are remarkably independent and strong in themselves - I think you show that on here all the time!

Delster

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/24/2007 11:35:52 PM
Author: mela lu

I do not mean to leave anyone else, but to be on this forum, you *know* what it means to be touched daily. I appreciate each and every person who makes this community what it is. I feel like I stumbled on GOLD. I am thankful for everyone here, and thankful that there is so much to share.

I can''t wait to know more of you more intimately as time goes by.

Mela

THIS is what I wanted to say but couldn''t do it even a quarter so eloquently
1.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Now that I can post...dumb Safari...

Anyway, I am thankful for PS and each and every one of the posters who take time to help one another via support or advice.

I especially am thankful for Lorelei, whom I have had the pleasure of corresponding with for a couple of years now, and who is the most lovely, kind and sweet person. She is a joy and sincerely a friend, and I would not know her without PS.

Closer to home, the funny coincidence that Kaleigh and I live 5 minutes from each other (and will be closer still soon) is just amazing. We have a ball, laugh and share bling, and meet for salads and trips to some local boutiques, and she is truly a wonderful lady. I am happy to have made such a great new friend that I can get together with.

Literally, with small exception, I would be listing ALL of PS here, which would make this was too long! But you all have been great and inspirational and lovely!

And I am thankful for anyone who mentioned me specifically, it is wonderful to know I have helped anyone is any way, and makes me feel glad for my PS late night obsession!!

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Delster I am thankful for you! You really helped me when I needed it most. I am also thankful for the great LIWs, I love reading their posts. I am also so thankful for the experts that take the time to contribute here, it is trully amazing the amount of knowledge that they share. And last but NOT least, anyone who has ever posted a picture for feeding my need for bling
9.gif
36.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gosh I am late to this but I wanted to say thanks to all of you!!!

Oh goodness, I was thinking the other day what a great experience it is to truly care about so many members of my PS family, it just proves you don''t need to meet to have a strong friendship and connection.

I have to say how blessed I am to have Miss DiamondFan as part of my life, she is a wise, kind, fun, loving and most generous friend and I love her to bits!!!! Also Miss Kaleigh too!

I did a list of people here whom I am thankful for, but it was absolutely huge, so I will just say thank you all sincerely for everything you do to make Pricescope such a great place to be!

Also a big shout out to Andrey!! Leo and Irina left some huge shoes to fill and we still miss them, but I think our Andrey has done an absolutely superb job of taking the reins!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

beau13

Ideal_Rock
There are so many helpful individuals on this site. A special thanks to Lyra, Woobug, Skippy, Mela Lu, Loralie, and of course RisingSun (who posted so many beautiful pics of her rings, for me). You ladies are great!! You seem to be the ones you always answer my questions!! I''ve learned alot from many of you on PS!!

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww, thanks Beau. BTW, I really love your avatar.
35.gif

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Lyra..I like yours too, very original!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
awww thank you Delster!! I love having another Irish person around here and I love reading your responses. You say what I''m thinking a lot of the time! If you''re ever in Dublin, we''ll have to meet for a drink!

thankyouflowers.gif

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/28/2007 8:44:10 AM
Author: Delster
And of course the Irish Pricescopers. Steel you are so funny in your posts and so straight to the point and direct. I enjoy reading your posts! Hope the job-hunting is going better this week for you.

Oh Delster!

You made me so very happy. I thought nobody loved me here!
39.gif

Thank you!
36.gif

I am thankful for every single pricescoper. You all Rock, and your rocks do too!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/28/2007 3:57:24 PM
Author: Steel
Date: 11/28/2007 8:44:10 AM

Author: Delster

And of course the Irish Pricescopers. Steel you are so funny in your posts and so straight to the point and direct. I enjoy reading your posts! Hope the job-hunting is going better this week for you.

Oh Delster!

39.gif

Thank you!
36.gif

I am thankful for every single pricescoper. You all Rock, and your rocks do too!

I love you too
3.gif
9.gif
My other Irish ps buddy!

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/28/2007 4:02:15 PM
Author: bee*
I love you too
3.gif
9.gif
My other Irish ps buddy!
Thanks Bee!

Group HUG!

usIrishgottasticktogether.gif

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
39.gif

Thank you!

Steel, your post made me feel badly and I've felt the same way on other threads, which is why I dont like these types of threads to begin with. Too many people get left out and people who dont post all the time can feel like they're not liked as much as others who maybe post more often - it starts to feel like a popularity contest. I know the OP truly only meant well, but there have been several threads like this lately and I just wish we didn't have to go there. People are always going to be left out and it just doesn't feel right to me. Then again, maybe it's only me that feels this way...

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love [the intention of] this thread, and my thankful list is long. I will be back! Of course I am thankful for all the people here. I've got a special place in my heart for the old timers that have been here a long while, as I feel that I 'know' them from their posts. But it's nice to be mentioned, so thanks!

Please don't feel bad regarding omissions
7.gif
...I can see how that would make one feel sad but I think the original meaning was well intended...everyone who hangs around here is a treasure!!

Steel

Ideal_Rock
ETA: Post deleted in effort to keep negative energy out, I regret saying anything now
7.gif
. (No sarcasm)

To all lurkers, infrequent posters and those who are the posting 'heart and soul' of pricescope. Thank you. You make me a little bit happy every day.

E B

Ideal_Rock
To Kaleigh, Pandora and BlushingBride, thank you so much! You made my day much brighter. *HUGS*

As for feeling excluded, I have to admit that I was a little bummed for the first page and a half, too. But this thread's intention is good, and at the end of the day, I just hope I've been and can continue to be as helpful/supportive as people have been to me. I love PS. <3

P.S. Extra hugs to Steel, who is definitely on my list.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
As noted already, this thread is meant to be positive, so I'm requesting people respect the original thought and keep negative energy out. I understand that not everyone wants to participate in this, so if you don't want to, please don't. Posting just to say that you don't like threads like this only brings the whole idea down.

Numerous people, including my original post, said that YES Pricescope is WONDERFUL and so are all contributors on here..there would quite obviously be no Pricescope without the consumers (and moderator and backend!!).

No one should be made to feel bad for wanting to say 'thank you' for special individuals who have touched our lives. I am really happy I started this thread, because the premise is still positive.

THANK YOU!

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/28/2007 5:13:05 PM
Author: Mara
As noted already, this thread is meant to be positive, so I'm requesting people respect the original thought and keep negative energy out. I understand that not everyone wants to participate in this, so if you don't want to, please don't. Posting just to say that you don't like threads like this only brings the whole idea down.

Says the member listed in almost every post!
3.gif
9.gif

I keed, I keed. I think this is a very sweet thread and everyone should keep in mind the sheer number of helpful PS members that contribute daily. If I listed everyone I was thankful for, it'd be one long post and would probably take me a few hours to compile.

I do however want to add my thanks to the wonderful Leonid and Irina, if they ever see this, and to Andrey as well. What would we do without you three? I'd have a lot less finger-workout-age (?) without PS, and if these babies are ever going to slim down to a size 4, I need this forum!
41.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock

Date: 11/28/2007 5:28:49 PM
Author: EBree

Date: 11/28/2007 5:13:05 PM
Author: Mara
Says the member listed in almost every post!
3.gif
9.gif

I keed, I keed. I think this is a very sweet thread and everyone should keep in mind the sheer number of helpful PS members that contribute daily. If I listed everyone I was thankful for, it'd be one long post and would probably take me a few hours to compile.
But wait! I wasn't listed in EVERY post. What's up with THAT? Aren't I special to EVERYONE????
41.gif
As my husband would say, in my own little world maybe, hehehe.

For me, I also know I have missed mentioning some who I have encountered in my 4+ years here. After I posted originally I was like 'OH and'...the longer you are here the harder it is to remember everyone. Maybe people forgot me too.
31.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
I really have to agree with Mara on this one (which should come as no surprise, being that we often think so much alike LOL).

Not every thread on PS is going to be liked by everyone, and there is no requirement to participate in those you don't like. Is it seriously necessary to rain on someone else's (very well intentioned) parade by saying "I don't like these types of threads?"

I understood the point of Mara's thread, and I thought it was a nice one. While I do communicate with Mara outside of Pricescope, I can't do that with everyone, and many others can't either. So, it's only natural that the way we'd communicate our affection is through PS.

Taking a minute to voice appreciation for special relationships we've formed here shouldn't be seen as a negative thing. Nor should it be construed as a 'popularity contest'; we're all adults here, so I'm hoping we're beyond the high school competitive mentality.

It would be nice to put aside the 'pc' requirement for a while and be able to express genuine affection for people who touch us, and I'm glad Mara's thread provided the vehicle to do so.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results