shape
carat
color
clarity

PS Mommy thread with toddlers 12-36 months

sasa

Brilliant_Rock
Quick drive by to say:

Tacori, love all the pictures, Tessa is beautiful!

lili, love your new AV.

QT, M''s peace sign AV is just too cute.

Burk, hope you will start feeling better soon, love your AV. Tayva look so much like you DH in the AV

MrsS, sorry to hear the kiddos are sick, hope they feel better soon.

puff, how cute that B goes around singing jingle bells to everyone, such a smart kid.

Jas12, Big congrats!!! I''m so excited for you!

Was out of country over the weekend to take care some personal business and just got back Monday night and is trying to stay awake at work while dealing with a sick kid. Little B refused to wear his blanket at night and I think he catch a cold because of it. Major running nose and slight cough, I''m so tired I feel like a walking Zombie.

lili

Ideal_Rock
MissChi--
Does Trevor cry if he wakes up w/ you there?
Forgot to mention how impressed I am w/ T''s verbal skills too.

Puffy--
Wow, he''s got the christmas jingles already?
You should teach me ''santa claus is coming to town''.
Didn''t realize your EDD is so close to xmas.
You could have a christmas baby or newyear baby (if he''s late).
Was B early or late?

Burk--
Yes, yes. Tape some this weekend :razz:
Can''t believe how big T is getting.
Funny thing is that she looks so tiny next to her daddy though.
Great AV. Looks like she''s ready for the cold season eh?
Sorry to hear that you are still not feeling 100% yourself.
Hope you can recoup over this weekend.

MrsS--
Oh no....hope Jake and Lily recover soon.
One sick baby is hard enough
7.gif

QT--
I really don''t know how tall J is.
Dr''s measurements are all over the place.
Our last measurement at home was 31" I think.
She has grown alot since then because her pants are starting to hike up over her ankles.
And she is towering over the furnitures...but then again, she likes to walk tiptoed.
She has her 18month checkup next Thu, so we''ll see.

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
jas12 YAY!!!! CONGRATS!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
lili, I am not sure how large. Maybe one up from 8x10. What is that, 10x13? The dress was an awesome deal. I as planning on buying her dress from David''s but thankfully found this one and it saved me $100!

MissChi, I am in NC. Have been here for 7 years. I know how difficult it is not having your family around. Believe me, I know. T didn''t even have her first babysitter until she was 15 months old b/c I didn''t know how to find someone I could trust. My ILs have recently moved here but they aren''t my parents and never will be if you know what I mean. Honestly I would buy her a ticket even if they allowed lap children older that 2. Over the summer, gratefully, there were extra seats b/c she is just too big to sit on my lap that long. She kicks, squirms, wiggles...MUCH easier to have her in her OWN seat. I travel alone with one all the time, two would be tough but not impossible if your oldest is a good listener. Good luck with moving back. I try to talk my parents into moving here but I know they never will. Thanks for the compliment on my daughter. I am 100% bias but think she is pretty special
2.gif
I remember babysitting for one of my friend''s kid and she warned me (it was over nap time). Once she saw me she was fine. I think some kids just do NOT like to hang out in their cribs. My T does. She plays all sorts of games and sings songs in there.

Q, thanks. Hope you are feeling good. M sounds a lot like T. She is just too busy to be read to but loves looking at them herself.

Natalina, thanks. She is a sweet little girl.

Burk, she did a good job! We should rent out our girls as flower girls
2.gif
Love the pics!

MrsS, thanks friend. Hope Jake and Lily feel better soon!

Puffy, I am NOT ready!
32.gif
Where did the time go? Seriously. I just went to get my yearly and my doctor was like "oh are you getting ready for her first b-day?" I was like "no, second!" Then I was teasing him how I was still shell shocked over L&D. He was like "no! You forget soon!" Ummm...obviously not! Haha. He is a really nice guy. I like to give him a hard time. T is talking a lot more. She repeats EVERYTHING. Also think it is funny whenever I give her something she says "thank you, you''re welcome." Haha. She doesn''t quite understand how that works yet. You gotta video him singing and post it on FB for us!

Jas12, congrats!
36.gif
I am a June baby but let''s hope your future baby and I don''t share the same birthday
2.gif
I am guessing you don''t want to go that far overdue again.

Bobo, thanks! Sorry little B is sick. Poor little guy. Hope he feels better and you get some rest tonight.

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
qt haha, B is totally his own person. i try to make him do things now and he''ll tell me, "ok later" or "when i feel like it." lately, he''ll just say, "why do i have to....cause mommy said so?" haha, that''s my favorite. M will totally be talking like crazy soon. i forget, but are you guys going to get another u/s?

burk haha, i am total opposite of you, with B, i just knew i was having a boy, and with this little guy, i always felt like it was a boy. well either way, let us know. i am super excited for you. it''s pretty cute when B sings jingle bells, but not in the beginning of october. haha. he has been asking when we can go get pumpkins, but he''s still a bit ahead of himself.

bobo hope you get some well deserved rest. and hope little B feels better soon. poor kid

lili B loves to sing and dance still, so it was not hard at all teaching him some jingles. santa claus is coming to town is actually next on my list. i''m hoping that this baby comes before christmas just because christmas is such a crazy time of the year. doc already agreed she wouldn''t let me go late unless i really had my mind set on it, which i don''t so it will be due date or before if everything is ok with baby. B was only a few days early, but i''m hoping as soon as i go full term, this little guy will just make an appearance.

tacori T sounds so darn cute!! it''s funny that she says thank you then you''re welcome!! had me laughing out loud on that. i know what you mean...B will be 2 one month later than T, and i''m still looking at him wondering how in the world that happened. any plans for a party yet? i am still super impressed with those cupcakes from last year!! when are you guys going to TTC a little brother or sister for T?

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Puffy, no plans for TTC anytime soon. I am actually planning on applying to grad school. Nervous. I am not good with competition. I am doing an animal themed (zoo) party for her. I just ordered the invites and favors today. What are you doing for B''s second b-day?

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Bobo~Thanks! She does look a lot like her daddy! Hope little B feels better soon!

lili~DH is a pretty big guy and T is so skinny so yep, she does look so tiny next to him! She is obsessed with hats lately...I hope the winter hat choice doesn''t mean winter is close to follow!
16.gif

Tacori~I like the way you think! I wonder how much we could get for their flower girl cuteness?!?!
9.gif
A zoo themed party sounds so cute! Post the invite when you get it!

puffy~DH''s whole family is boys (one brother, biological dad had 5 brothers) so I figured I was just destined for boys.
40.gif
We shall see if I''m right or not. DH thinks it''s another girl. No matter what the time of year, I still think Jingle Bells is cute! Ha ha. Too bad there aren''t any cute Halloween songs to teach him.
3.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
crazy day again today. Jake is better, well enough to go to school tomorrow. he''s been fever free this whole time so I''m pretty sure they are ok with the slight runny nose. i think all the kids have them right now. Not sure if I''m going to keep Lily home tomorrow or not. She was playing and back to her normal self tonight but I''m not sure if the medicine was working giving her the boost. hubby is still sick and if he''s still this bad tomorrow I''m making him call the dr. no sense messing with anything.

burk-soooo excited for you tomorrow! I cannot wait to hear what you are having.

puffy-so cute about B singing jingle bells. he really is so smart.

bobo-I hope you can get some rest tonight and that little b is feeling better

lili-Jake has his 18 month check up next thursday too.

Happy 18 month to Amelia!!!

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
tacori good luck on the grad school! and good for you!! the zoo themed will be a hit. i think they are at that age now where they just love animals. i know has been super obsessed with them lately. not too sure what type of party we''ll have, but definitely nothing like the first. hopefully, it''ll be some family and close friends and that''s it. but i am starting to look into places to get the cake.

burk OMG, DH''s entire family consists of boys, 2 brothers, and we have 1 nephew, so i knew i was definitely going to have boys. but a girl can dream about that elusive girl. we went to dinner tonight and B was singing jingle bells to our server who got such a kick out of it, she called the other servers over to watch B perform. he was super happy to oblige of course since he was the center of attention. keep us posted tomorrow!!

mrsS hope Jake is 100% better real soon. and hopefully lily is back to her normal self again tomorrow. hope your DH gets better as well.

DH has a terrible cold. i told him to stay away from me and B. so he set up his home for the next few nights in the guest room. he said he would see the doc if he''s not better within a few days. so hopefully he''ll get better soon. B insisted that i make DH some soup cause he said he saw that on tv. haha. kids.

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
Tacori-that''s great that you are thinking of grad school. It''s something i want to do someday too--and like you, it makes me nervous. Are you thinking of applying for this september? Good luck with it!
Oh and ya, hoping (*praying*) i don''t go 2 weeks over again. At least this time around i know it is a possibility
40.gif

zoo theme is a great idea. All the kiddies will love it!

Puffy--jingle bells! How funny. He has amazing veral skills eh? He seems more like he is 3ish. Think of the funny things he''s gonna say once the baby arrives
1.gif

MrsS. --glad Jake can go to school today. You must be wiped too and really be looking fwd to that break. Hope you can do something nice for yourself

Burk--You find out the sex today--FUN! Don''t know if i missed it, but do you have a preference ? Looking fwd to the news

Off to track down a midwife. They are in such high demand right now--and apparently home births have spiked due to scares about H1N1 etc. DH and i decided we will try for a homebirth (in the new house!) this time. I have 2 close girlfriends who would like to be at the birth. For Co, i would have been too shy to have them there, but this time i am kinda like "meh, it is what it is" ...but i have a long time to change my mind
2.gif

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Well.....I''m back and it''s a BOY!! He was little stinker for the u/s tech-had his hands AND his feet by his head the entire time. Everything looked great, though.

mrss~Glad the kiddos are getting back to themselves again! Hope your DH feels better soon, too!

puffy~Too funny that both of our Dh''s families are all boys. I forgot to mention I have 2 nephews too! I figured we''d end up with a boy this time. So cute that B was performing at dinner! Hope your Dh feels better soon. So much yucky stuff going around!!

Jas12~I was sort of hoping for another girl, I''ll admit it. There are just boys everywhere (my nephews, all my friends have boys, ect) and I wanted Tayva to have another girl around. I''m of course thrilled to have a little boy and so glad he looked healthy and everything is fine....and, of course, there''s always time to try for another.
21.gif
Good luck finding a midwife!!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Woo hoo, a boy! One of each sounds great Burk! Congratulations!

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Tgal! I agree, one of each is great. We''re very lucky!

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
burk CONGRATS!!! i guess your instincts were right this time around!! and that''s great that everything looks healthy with your little guy. T will be such a great sister to her little brother! you guys can try for another girl next time. i know i''ll be. haha.

jas12 yeah, B talks like he''s in preschool! we went to visit the preschool that we might send him to and he just blended right in with all the other kids. the teachers were all impressed with his verbal skills as well. and i swear, i do not teach him everything he knows...yes i admit it, he watches tv...educational tv MOST of the time.

MissChi

Rough_Rock
Congrats, Burk!!! Glad everything went well! Yeah for a boy!! How perfect, one of each! You will love having a son!
1.gif

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Congrats Burk on a baby boy!

MissChi

Rough_Rock
This thread moves fast!
2.gif

qtiekiki - Yes, Trevor''s costume is plush. I thought about that too. But, I figured he really won''t be in it too long... I just mainly want a few pictures and to take him to a couple of houses on our block. We will most likely start TTC#2 in the spring. I would like Trevor to be between 2.5 and 3 when the next baby is born. But, we''ll see. All of these preggo mama''s around here though has got me thinking...
2.gif

Burk - Congrats, again! Are you telling your co-workers today? That''s exciting that you are building a house! We built our first house, but only lived it in for a year because then we were relocated. It was a fun process that I''d be open to doing again someday. I''ll keep my fingers crossed for you that you get an offer soon!

mrssalvo - Is Jake feeling any better?

puffy - No shame on admitting it! I feel the same way! I am amazed at B''s verbal skills. I am sure he will be a fantastic big brother (and helper)! I definitely don''t want more than 3, but we''re still deciding between having 2 or 3. I just think it would be fun to have a big(ger) family when we''re older. We will probably start TTC#2 in the spring.

Jas12 - Yeah!!! June is a great month to have a baby... even thought I might be a little biased!
2.gif
Also, I think summer birthdays are the best! Congrats!!!

lili - Good point about him waking up if he''s with us. When he was younger we used to co-sleep occasionally. But, I''d say it was more for naps than at night. Thinking back I don''t think he really ever cried when he woke up next to us. He does fine going to bed (seems to not mind his crib), it''s just the waking up part that makes me cry hysterically. I don''t really want to get in the habit of having him sleep with us now though, you know. Hopefully it''s just a phase that will pass. Trevor is definitely not saying sentences, but his vocabulary sometimes is crazy. It''s really taken off in the last few months.

MissChi

Rough_Rock
Tacori - What brought you out to NC? It seems like we are in a similar situation. My husband's family all lives close by and I don't think I'll ever convince my parents to move out by us. Although if we keep having more babies...
2.gif
. They just adore their grandson and I know it kills them that we don't live close to them anymore.

We've been pretty lucky with traveling. Since I am a SAHM and my dad is retired, my schedule is pretty flexible. I tend to take random flights during the week that aren't too full. T usually will get his own seat and a few times we've even had our own row. I do agree though that having a toddler sit on your lap for 3+ hours is a LONG time! I can see why you say that it would be worth the price of a ticket!

That's cute that T loves to hang out in her crib and sing to herself! My T doesn't ever mind going to bed, it's just the waking up part. Hopefully it's just a phase and it will pass...

That's exciting that you are applying to grad school! What will be your focus? Also, a zoo themed bday party sounds cute!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats Burk on having a boy! I promise boys are just as fun as the girls
1.gif

jas-my SIL was going to do a home birth. she ended up with complications and ended up having to go to the hospital but I think they will try again for a home birth with their second. You know I love my epidurals and hospitals but I think for a second birth and since you did go natural with Co you''d be as good a candidate as anyone. I hope you can find a midwife that you really love.

Jake is at school but lily and hubby are still home. Lily is almost back to normal but hasn''t been fever free for 24 hours yet so I decided to just keep her home. we''ve got family movie night tonight and i''m looking forward to pizza and hang time on our couch.

i hope everyone has a great weekend.

MissChi

Rough_Rock
Oops... forgot to add...

Question - As I''ve said before, Trevor LOVES to eat! It''s funny though because looking at him, you would probably never guess (he''s usually in the 50th percentile for weight, 75th for height). Maybe it''s because he''s always on the "Go, go, go!" (as he likes to say).

Anyway, my question for you ladies is... what kinds of snacks do your kids like to eat during the day? I tend to give T the same things (yogurt, fruit, cottage cheese, cheese) and am looking for any new ideas! Thanks!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Burk! Yay for a boy! I TOTALLY hear ya on being torn about wanting another girl but also wanting a boy. I think I will feel the same way when and if #2 comes along for me. These are the invites I ordered. $1.99 for ten...I mean come on! I couldn''t design and print them myself for cheaper! BTW my T LOVES wearing hats now too.

Puffy, the party will be small and informal. I have some ideas of food and goodie bags. I am sure once she is older with demands we will have to have something fancier. I will feel more relaxed once I take the GRE and my application is in. Do you think you will only have two kids? Hope your DH feels better soon!!!

Jas12, the way my life has been going I figured now is the time to do it. I am excited to go back and start a new career in a few years. It WILL be a long haul but time goes by fast so I am sure this will be no exception. My sister just started a PhD program that is 6-7 years so I guess it could be worse! I am not competitive but I remind myself I got into and finished a VERY competitive BFA program so I have to stop putting myself and qualifications down. If I get in I have the option of starting this summer or fall. What do you want to get your Master''s in? Good luck finding a midwife.

MissChi, no real reason we chose NC. We were both sick of the midwest (mostly the weather). I really do love it here which dilutes any homesickness. I actually think my parents will move FARTHER from me
39.gif
I know my parents and siblings (both are in CA) REALLY miss her. It gets harder as she gets older and more charming
2.gif
I want to go into counseling. Tessa is not a huge snacker but she likes graham crackers, string cheese, granola bars, yogurt or fruit. Sometimes I will cave and give her alphabet cookies or fruit snacks. Those are both her FAVORITES. She used to be obsessed with gold fish but she must have gotten burnt out on them.

MrsS, enjoy family movie and pizza night!

lili

Ideal_Rock
Burk--
36.gif
36.gif
for the good u/s and your little boy!
I''m sure your hubby is beyond thrilled w/ that since now he can have his little man to do guys thing (that''s not to say that T won''t be able to do those things either).

Tacori--
Wow, going back to grad school!
Hats off to you.
I was so over school after my BS, so I''m quite done.
Fingers crossed for you that everything works out next school year.

T is turning into a talking machine too huh?
How funny that she would play by herself in her crib.
I don''t have a crib for J, but I do put her in her pack-n-play when she refused to nap.
She''ll be pretend crying the whole time, and smile as soon as I come in.
I''d come into the room to find her w/ her butt in the air and smooshed against the mesh. All the while crying "mommy mommy"
20.gif

Hehe, I am a bad mommy. I give J those fruit snacks and crackers daily on the carride to and from work.
Nothing would calm her down enough for us (yep, both of us couldn''t get her to stay seated) to buckle her in.

Jas12--
Wow, grad school for you too?
Even w/ 2 kids?
Hats off to you and Tacori for going back for your MS.

Puffy--
Sorry to hear that your hubby is sick.
Hope you and B don''t catch what he has.
Yep, I agree w/ the others, B definitely talks like he''s a preschooler! What a little smartie.

Jas12--
Co is not too far behind B too.
I bet you he''ll be talking faster than he can run ^.^
Wow, can''t believe you already have to hunt down a midwife already.
So how does the midwife thing work anyway? Do they just take on so many clients at one time?
So what happens if 2 clients go into labor at the same time?
Or do they take clients whose EDD are more spaced apart?
I hope you don''t go too far over again this time around.

MrsS--
Glad to hear that Jake and Lily are feeling better.
Hope the cold bug stays away.
Is Jake going to get his shots this appt?
We didn''t have a 15-month checkup, so J is due for her next round of shots (according to the immunization record, I think she''s in for 5-6 shots unless some of them are coupled together).
Can''t wait to see his update.

MissChi--
I hope it is a phase too that Trevor will outgrow.
Anyway, I''m a bad mommy and do give in to the not-so-good snacks to J (fruit bar, gummy, cookies) but only for the carride though.
Other times, she gets cheese, yogurt, artichoke, avocado, or edamame.

lili

Ideal_Rock
Bobo--
Hope B is getting over his cold
15.gif

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Just thought I''ll update you ladies on my appt. OB says he''ll check the sex for me next appt when the baby is bigger. So I''ll know in 3 more weeks.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for all the input on long cycles. It''s only my first cycle so it''s to be expected that it''s a bit off. I know you can conceive on long cycles too so I''ll try not to worry about it. It is what it is!

jas12, congrats! How exciting!

Burk, congrats on a boy! So exciting! One of each is awesome!

QT, bummer you have to wait 3 more weeks but glad to hear your dr will check for sex!

I haven''t nursed D is 2.5 days and I am in so much pain! I hope the pain doesn''t last long. How long did the pain last when you weaned? I''m still deciding if I want to try and nurse D once a day when I get back from our vacation but I am pretty sure I''m done BFing. He doesn''t seem very interested anymore. I''m a bit sad to lose that bonding time with him but I will enjoy the freedom!

lili

Ideal_Rock
QT--
Bummer that you had to wait 3 wks to find out the sex...
but yay for another u/s. Baby should be alot bigger by then.

Snlee--
That''s great.
The first 2 days of weaning are always the most difficult.
Yea, I know what you mean about losing that bonding moment that comes w/ BF.
I did pump a little at night to relieve the engorgement.
Only had to do it for a few nights.

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
qt awwww, 3 more weeks!?!?! but baby is going to plumper and cuter then! i can''t wait!!

misschi you know spring will be right around the corner. a lot of my friends think that i was a bit upset about having another boy, and i really am not. i admit to be like, "oh ok, well hopefully a girl next time." the minute B found out he was having a little brother, like he wanted, he was so happy and it just brought me to tears thinking about what a great big brother he''s going to be. now if i can only get him to change diapers for me, which he has agreed to doing. so we''ll see.

mrsS have a great movie and pizza night! i think we might have to do pizza as well. it''s so hot that i don''t want to cook anything.

tacori cute invites!! i remember taking the GRE''s, it was such a PITA but once it''s done, it felt so good to have it over with. good luck! but i''m sure you''ll do great. DH is definitely pushing for AT LEAST 3 kids, so i said we can maybe compromise with 3, but we''ll have to see how it''s going to be with my crazy B and our new little guy, who hopefully will not be as crazy as B, just a bit more mellow and i will be SO happy. haha.

lili haha, i had to laugh about J crying and smiling once she sees you. that girl is working you mama!! haha. that''s ok cause i am the same way. we give B fruit snacks once in awhile as well only if nothing else will calm him. how is J feeling? seeing your AV makes me smile every time, so darn cute!!

snlee hope you are having a great time!!! when i weaned B completely, i was in no pain only cause he was nursing so little at that time anyways. but i hope the pain goes away. and if he''s not interested, and taking to bottles or cups, then that''s great!!

have a wonderful weekend all!!

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Lili
M is 30.5” based on pedi’s measurement. She isn’t that tall when we measure her at home. I am pretty sure J is taller; she looks taller in her video.
I am a bad mommy too. We gave her some fruit snacks the other day b/c there were a few bags of them in the favor bag she got from the birthday party. Now she keeps asking for them (well points to the bag).
Yeah I''ll take the u/s in 3 weeks over not having one. LOL.
Tacori
Forgot to say that Tessa’s flower girl dress is a steal. How come the TJ Maxx by me never have dresses like that and Maclaren stroller.
I would be happy if M is as smart as T. M just can’t stay at one place for too long, and she gets mad when I try to read to her and don’t let her turn the pages.
You should enter T in the Gap casting call. She would totally win.
Zoo themed party will be fun. Will you be making zoo themed cuppies? The Halloween ones you made last year were so awesome.
Good luck with the GRE and applying for grad school.
Puffy
B’s verbal skill is just amazing, and has a great personality to match. Your stories of B totally crack me up. “When I feel like it”… LOL… you got a teenager already.
So funny that B wants to make daddy some soups. He is going to be a wonderful big brother.
I will get an u/s at my dr’s office in three weeks. He agreed to check the sex for me. Can’t wait. I’ve bought two jackets, one sweater and one shirt for boy toddlers since I saw them on sale for cheap at Nordstroms Rack and they are Original Penguins, which is the brand of like 50% of DH’s wardrobe. So I figure if we have a little man, he can dress like Daddy. If not, I’ll just give them to our nephew.
Burk
If your thinking is right, then I am destined to have another girl. DH has three older sisters, but we definitely won’t try for a boy so many times. =P I have two sisters and plus all her cousins are boys, so I kind of want another girl for M to play with too. But at the same time, I want a boy for DH.
MrsS
Glad Jake is better, and went to school today. Hope your DH and Lily will get better soon.
Jas12
Good luck with finding a midwife. I bet it’ll wonderful to have your close girlfriends there for support.
MissChi
Yeah I kept M in her costume for too long last year. She fell asleep wearing it. =P
That’s my SIL ideal age gap too, and her sons are 3 yrs apart. He is really good with his baby brother, very protective.
M is kind of like T. She cries (not hysterically, more whiny) in the morning when she wakes up. We let M nap in our bed on weekend too, but we are ok with that as long as she sleeps in her crib at night. The thing is that when she is home with MIL on weekday and naps in her PNP, she doesn’t cry at all and just plays in the PNP when she wake up. So I think it’s her way of saying “I want mommy” in the morning. Maybe it’s the same with T.
We give her the same snack you give to T plus cracker type snacks (like animal cracker, goldfish, cheerio, etc), granola bars, and Fig Newton. She is a big snacker and loves her crackers. Once she grabbed some chips from my bowl when I was snacking. She wants to eat everything we are eating.

snlee
The first few days of weaning was very uncomfortable for me, and I was already not producing that much. I just expressed the milk by hand while taking a warm shower to help with engorgement. I didn''t want to pump b/c I didn''t want my body to still make the milk. But it only lasted a few days. Sometimes I still think about bfing M, I do miss it. I don''t miss the pumping at work. Now I wonder if M will want to breastfeed when the baby is here b/c I''ve read that some toddlers will do that.

MissChi

Rough_Rock
mrssalvo - Family movie night, how fun! I can't wait to do that when our kid(s) are older.

tacori - That's great that you enjoy living where you do. At first I did (and enjoyed the change), but think it's gotten harder since having Trevor. Plus the school systems are not great where I live and would rather our kids grow up where my husband and I both did. Do you go to CA often? That must be a long flight for you! Thanks for the suggestions. Trevor loves graham crackers too lately. String cheese would be easy while we're out. I never thought about granola bars. T used to be obsessed with Cheerios, but I know he's burnt out on those too! That's great about counseling. Is that what you did before? I have thought about that before with having an education background. Just the thought of going back to school right now, I dont know...

lili - You are not a bad mommy! I give T avocado and he loves it, but I never thought about edamame! Thanks for the idea!

qtiekiki - How exciting that you'll find out in 3 more weeks! Any instincts?

snlee - I began weaning Trevor at a year too. However, it took him until 14.5 months before we were finally done. He hung on to the last (morning) feeding forever. Actually I probably think he would still be nursing if I let him! I just decided he was getting too old (with walking and talking) and it was time call it quits. He struggled for a few days, but now seems fine. We just make sure to feed him breakfast as soon as he wakes up. I agree though, it's a little bittersweet with losing the bonding time... but exciting that you are thinking about #2!

MissChi

Rough_Rock
puffy - I think if you already have a boy you understand about not being so upset about having another one, you know? Plus it sounds like your B and my T are a lot a like in the way that they love their mama's! That's so cute that B was so excited to find out that he was going to have a little brother! And you are right, there is always next time! Although for some weird reason I've always pictured myself with three boys. One of the reasons I think I've felt that way is that I am a total neat freak and just know that I'll end up with three boys and a crazy house because of it!
2.gif

qtiekiki - con't from my last post... It does sound like M is a lot like T. Maybe because they are so close in age. Maybe I'll do an experiment and see what happens if he naps with me in our bed. I tend to try to lay down in the afternoon anyway. Maybe he does miss me. The thought of that is cute!
2.gif
. Tacori also said she gives T granola bars. I've never thought of that before. I'll have to pick some up. T is a big snacker and is recently obsessed with graham crackers. He even will stand by our pantry and say "cracker" (well as best as he can say cracker).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results