shape
carat
color
clarity

PS Mommy thread with toddlers 12-36 months

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
MissChi
I've been calling the baby "he" for a long time, but I think that's b/c I know DH wants a boy.
Hehe. We weren't thinking about giving her granola bars, but she saw DH eating one and she just walked over for a bite. We usually let her try what we are eating if she shows interest.

MissChi

Rough_Rock
qtiekiki - I do think there is something to say about a mother''s instict. I thought T was a boy.

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Wow! Lots of great stuff going on in this thread!

Jas Congrats! How exciting!

Burk Yay for little boys
2.gif
I wanted #2 to be a girl, but I am sooooo glad he wasn''t! Congrats to you and DH

Hi QT I am doing well, thanks for asking. I can''t wait to hear your news in three weeks.

Tacori It seems like just yesterday that T was turning 1. Doesn''t it go too fast? Happy 2nd Bday T!

Hi Lili How are you? Love the AV! J looks adorable as ever!

Puffy I love your B stories!
9.gif

Hi Mrs. S Sorry to hear that everyone was sick. Hope you are all on the mend and that your DH feels better soon.

Sorry if I forgot anyone, but hi
35.gif
if I did. Hope you are all happy and well.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lili, I have to go back to school since I don''t want to work with my undergrad degree.
40.gif
Guess knowing what I wanted to be when I grew up since I was in second grade was NOT helpful
2.gif
T is talking a lot. She basically copies everything we say. She still has her own language but she is starting to communicate more. I can''t believe you got this far without a crib! J sounds dramatic just like another girl I know. Haha. You aren''t a bad mommy BTW. I give in to things I know I shouldn''t do. It''s all about survival!

snlee, sorry your weening is painful. I dropped 2 feedings and had no real pain since she wasn''t nursing much anyways. She lost interest too.

Q, how exciting! I can''t to find out what you are having. Do you have a Marshall''s? I find better stuff there than TJ Maxx even though they are the same company. I did enter her but so far the only vote is mine. Haha. I am so not a stage mom but I do think she is pretty cute.
16.gif
Not sure exactly what we are doing but I know we are doing lion cupcakes. I need to research to come up with one or two more designs. Thanks for the luck! I need it!

Puffy, I am NOT a great test taker. Luckily it is the least weighted part in the application. They think GPA is a better indicator of being a good student. Since I graduated with honors I feel confident in that portion of my application. I hope #2 is mellow too! Not sure I could handle two Ts.
32.gif
So maybe #3 will be your little girl.
2.gif

MissChi, it is difficult not having your family around once you have a baby. I totally get that. I only go to CA once every few years and T has never been. I cannot handle a 5 hour flight with her. I am just NOT that strong.
2.gif
I was a graphic designer before so this is quite the departure. The professor I spoke to said they love converted art majors though. So we shall see. I am intimidated by the thought of going back to school but I don''t like fear to dictate my life. Now is a perfect time since I am a SAHM and she will go to preschool next year. Plus they are night classes so her dad can watch her. I really don''t want to wait 3+ more years until she is in school full time. Then I will NEVER see her.

iluv, I cannot believe how fast my pregnancy AND the first 2 years of her life has flown by! Pretty soon she will be 16 and hating me
2.gif

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
qt heehee, B has a ton of original penguin clothes. i think they are super cute!! do you guys have a preference? i know a healthy baby is all we want, but do you prefer boy or another girl? i''m counting down the weeks for you!! and you are super cute and tiny with your little belly!! B acts all grown up, and sometimes i can''t even believe that he''s not even 2 yet. just the other day, he was helping put MY laundry away. haha!! i''ve got that kid trained pretty well, i must say. how is M doing?

misschi haha, B is a TOTAL mama''s boy!! when DH even tries to touch me, he''ll tell DH "don''t touch my mommy." and even when DH and i are joking around, B will tell DH to be nice to me. haha!! my MIL has 3 boys, so when we found out this little one is a boy, the first thing i thought was "oh no, i''m going to end up just like my MIL, with 3 boys." haha. how is T doing?

iluv good to see you on here!! how are the kids, all 3 of them?

tacori those lion cupcakes are going to be so cute!! two Ts would be so amazingly cute but so much work for you!! B is pretty mellow MOST of the time, or at least he used to be. lately he''s just been all over the place. i have to basically bribe him to get him to slow down or listen to me for 1 minute. but i tell him every day that he can''t be this crazy when the baby comes, and he always says that he will be good and be very very quiet. we''ll see about that.

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Hello friends! Busy weekend with volleyball tourney-which went really well! Yay! And then T woke this morning with a fever. It was weird because she really has no other symptoms except she was a bit irritable this morning. So I gave her tylenol and the temp broke. When I went to give her tylenol again her temp was up to 101. She napped for 4.5 hours and woke happy as can be and fever free. But, when I took her temp before bed at 8, she was at 100 again. Boo. Gave her tylenol again but I doubt I''ll take her to her school tomorrow so that means I''ll have to stay home from school too. Not that I''m sad to stay home with T, but it is so much harder being gone with my job than other jobs. I have to have lesson plans so that the kids stay out of trouble for 52 minutes!! Okay. Enough about us.....

puffy~Thanks! I''m 1 for 2 now so I feel better about my instincts.
41.gif
I told DH there''s always next time and he looked at me like I was crazy!

MissChi~Thanks! We''re so excited to have one of each. I didn''t go to work on Friday since I only work half days and we had our u/s then I have a volleyball tourney in the afternoon. We did call family and friends. We''re really looking forward to getting our house going. It was rather stressful but now that we have the plans finalized and a lot of the decisions made I think it should be smooth sailing. Fingers crossed. As for snacks, we do a lot of the same as the others posted. She loves granola bars and string cheese as well as crackers. And, I have no shame in admitting I give her fruit snacks. The girl loves them.

mrss~Thanks! I think I''ll love having a little boy. I''m very lucky to get to experience both! Hope your entire household is finally done being sick!!

QT~THanks! Can''t wait to see if you''re joining team blue this time!! Maybe you shouldn''t use my method of sex determining....it would look like pink again for you. ha ha.

Tacori~I am glad someone can relate to being torn re: sex. Of course, I''m so thrilled now but part of me was hoping for another girl. Those invites are TOO cute. And the price, you can''t beat that!! Too funny that the T''s have both decided to be hat girls! The funny thing is my T''s head is still so small that all of her hats from last year still fit her!!

iluv~Thanks for popping in!! I know you''ve been busy busy, but it''s great to see you around!

lili~Thanks! DH was pretty surprised but so happy to have his boy.

snlee~Thanks!! Good luck TTC!

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
Burk--glad your V-ball tourney went well! Sorry to hear T is sick, I hope that if you two have a relaxing day together at home. I hear ya about it being difficult to take a day off, but don''t worry, the supply teacher will survive!
Also, re: sex. I know how you feel. I always pictured myself with 2 girls b/c of the bond my sister and I share. Now that a have a boy i think it would be fantastic for him to have a little bro, but i also would be thrilled to have a girl (a girl makes me more excited right now, b/c it would be totally new to me, but a boy is easier to picture since i feel like i just know what it feels like to adore a little guy).
i am excited for you. I don''t know if it is a stereotype( Co fits it to a tee if so) but boys just *adore* their moms and it is so precious. You''ll see...
2.gif
1.gif

Tacori--are there jsut few job prospects in your area of work, or have you just realized that it is not what you really want to do? I think you''ll excel in whatever you choose--it is daunting getting started, but i bet time will fly once you actually start classes etc. again.
Those invites are adorable, have fun planning! Can''t believe she will be 2 soon!

Lili--i am not planning on going back to schoo (full time)l anytime soon. I''ve ben taking courses online for several years, but just b/c i like school
5.gif
I am thinking maybe in my mid 30s. I am planning to take a few years off after this baby is born. I hope to become a Bradley Method childbirth instructor and maybe do a little baking as some side jobs. There is only a tiny university in my city with 2 grad programs so i will have to go out of town or do correspondence.
Do you think you''ll go back to work after #2? And speaking of which, you are trying this month right
3.gif
2.gif
Get on it girl!

Co''s bottom eye-teeth are coming in right now. Poor child''s face was red and felt like it was burning up yesterday. I''ve had to give him motrin a few days in a row now
15.gif
. Hoping the top poke through soon too--get ''em out of the way!

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
congrats burk! That's great news and I bet your DH is over the moon.

hi snlee, sorry to hear about painful weaning, but I hope it passes soon. Did you go on vacation yet or is that coming up?

qtiekiki: can't wait to find out if your mother's instinct is right!

things are ok here. C is not a good sleeper anymore...she wakes up several times a night. I dont' think it's teething b/c she sees me and goes back to sleep. But pops up her head to make sure i'm stilll there, so I can't go back to bed. She is a restless sleeper...crawling all over the crib, leg kicking and popping out the bars of the crib--takes forever for her to settle down! She also seems to be fighting the 2nd nap...

She's eating well though..everything in sight, mostly out of curiousity. Still so skinny though, not even 19lbs by my amateur weight check. She looks chubby and eats and drinks milk non stop (still on formula since I wonder if whole milk will not be enough), so I'm not worried, but don't get it. She also is still not into walking, sometimes she'll go on her knees and she's stood on her own and made 1-2 steps towards me, but always prefers to go to a crawl right after. The walk ride hasn't caught her attention yet, but maybe soon. I'm not really worried yet, but will see what the dr. says at her 1 year (which will be more like 13 mo's!).

And this may call for a separate thread but DH is not sure about #2, and while I'm not 100% either, I'm having a hard time closing the door. I think I might want #2, but it's hard b/c I know if I admit it, I may have to accept that it won't happen and that's a form of loss too (or at least that's how it feels). DH feels he's too old for it (have kids in college when he's a senior!) and that we're managing all we can as it is (with me working,etc.). We'll see, there's some time to discuss, but not much and we seem to be leaning different ways. It seems like I'm one of the few in this boat, all your DH's are so gung ho!!

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
Janine--sucky that C isn''t sleeping well. I think something like teething or a cold can initially wake them and then it becomes a habit. Is it at the same time every night? Have you tried one day of dropping the second nap and pushing bed time a little earlier. Co dropped his 2nd nap at around a year. It took a week or two to transition and then he was fine. Maybe C isn''t tired enough for bed b/c of the 2 naps and that is why she is taking long to settle? Just an idea.
Great that she is a good eater! Co is getting pickier these days and it''s annoying.
No real advice about the 2nd child. I am kinda having the opposite problem. I very casually brought up DH getting the snip after #2. He''s not into that. He *thinks* he wants more, but i anticipate 2 monkeys running around may change his mind on that
37.gif
. Maybe just give it some more time & discuss it seriously again. C is still young.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
tacori-I think you''ll do great on the test. It''s really not so bad, I promise!

iluv-it''s nice for you to stop by. i hope you all are having a good school year thus far. how are your munchkins?

puffy- how''s little b doing? I can''t believe how quickly your due date seems to be approaching!

burk-when I was pregnant with lIly I really wanted a boy so I could have one of each. I wasn''t sure we''d have more than 2 so I thought it would have been nice. but, of course I was happy she was a girl and love having the 2 girls. then when I was preggo with Jake I really wanted a 3rd girl. it just would have been easier b/c I already had a ton of girl stuff etc. but of course, now that Jakey is here I cannot imagine for one second life without my little buddy. it seems no matter which we want we always end up over the moon with what we get. Once your little man gets here I know you will feel the same way. I hope T gets to feeling better too. tis the season i guess...

Jas12- poor Co. I think Jake is cutting teeth again too. I thought his runny nose was a cold but he can''t seem to shake it and yesterday he was stuffing his blanket into his mouth and I think his teeth are really bothering him. I hope they both cut them soon.

janine-it seems like almost ever baby goes through a period where their sleeping habits get messed up. My niece went though it a few weeks ago, she wouldn''t nap and kept waking up at night. my sister just tried to keep her consistent schedule and after a couple weeks she did go back to sleeping well. but it just took a little time. re: #2. my hubby already had 2 kids when we got married. we talked about kids prior to marriage and agreed we''d have at least 2. I didn''t want our 1 to basically grow up and only child. i was an only child until my parents divorced and remarried and other kids came in the mix and hated it. I used to beg for siblings. my sister is one of my best friends and I just always wanted my kids to be able to have each other. my dad is an only child and it was very sad for me when my grandparents passed away b/c he had no siblings to go through that with him either. crazy thought I guess but something I think about nonetheless. I had always wanted to have 3 of my own and hubby wasn''t really on board with going for a 3rd. He was older too and just really felt done. But, I would bring it up every now and then, not in a nagging way but just letting him know my thoughts and that I still wanted another. we went out to dinner one night and he brought it up about trying for #3. He was 42 at the time and 43 when Jake was born. I don''t know how old your hubby is but there are dad''s who do just great later. my dad had a son when he was in his 40''s and I swear it has kept my dad from turning into an old man. But, I would say give it a little time. your baby is still a baby, once she''s more self-sufficient he might feel differently about adding another one.

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Yikes, I haven't checked in for a while so I just wanted to pop in and say hi to everyone!!
35.gif
Life is just super busy with work and 2 toddlers!

Happy (belated) Birthday to Derek and Chloe!! Congrats to Burk on team Blue! And congrats to jas12 on #2!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
Sooo much going on here!

In the L world, Lucy turned one on September 26! We don't do parties for 1st birthdays so we just went to my parents' house in NJ and had a little family thing. My mom bought an ice cream cake and we had party hats and cute decorations. It was very low key and sweet. Lucy was thrilled to eat ice cream and Lily, of course, thought it was her birthday too!
2.gif
She took off with Lucy's gift from us--the Fisher Price tea set--but at least she'll "share" it with Lucy and they've been having tea parties together. Lucy is a GIANT, as if I didn't already know. At her one year appointment she weighed..........26 POUNDS!!!!!!!! Holy crap, she's so big. But she's also 31.5 inches so I guess she's big and tall. She honestly doesn't look fat, she's steadily in the 95th percentile. She just looks like an 18 month old! She says mommy (she'll actually use this on everyone including DH!), daddy, milk, ball, more, baby, shoe and a few other random repetitions of what we say. She's walking like a champ and actually almost running!!! She moved up to the toddler class at daycare about 2 weeks ago and is only taking one nap a day now. She has been on whole milk for almost a month now--as soon as we ran out of formula we made the switch and she's fine with it. She is strictly on sippy cups during the day but takes a bottle before bed so I'll have to work on that but I'm not in a rush. She's cutting a tooth, only her third one, so her sleep has been off lately but we're dealing with it. She still eats anything and everything (hence the 26 lbs!), she's super happy all the time and is truly a joy to be around. She is totally standing her ground with Lily and not letting her big sister bully her. And they are actually super cute together. Lily calls her "cutie pie" and gives her hugs and kisses all the time. Lucy gives Lily the big open mouthed MWAH kisses. Very heartwarming stuff, ladies!

Lily is just chugging along. She is smarter than I am on most days! She speaks in full sentences where she is putting 2 thoughts together like, "mommy, you can't go to my dance class because you have to go to work"! Yes, they offer a dance class at her daycare/preschool so of course she's taking that along with their music class. And we've started her French classes again on Saturday mornings so we're pretty busy! She is selective about when she wants to use the potty but she wants to wear PANTEEEEEES so badly that we've given it a try a few times. I've put them on over her Pull Up and she loves that but she's also gone without a Pull Up and that worked for a little while till she had an accident and was too embarrassed to try again. So I'm not pushing it, she's calling the shots on the potty training and I'm fine with it considering she's not even 2 1/2 yet. She is extremely independent and helpful but also a true Taurus. She is incredibly strong-willed and tests my patience every chance she gets. It is a battle to get her dressed in the morning because she wants to pick out all her own clothes (which DO NOT match!) and then she wants to dress herself. It's generally a whirlwind in the mornings in our house and I try to just laugh about it because sometimes I feel like I'm going to cry!!!!! But she's really a sweetheart deep down and no matter how much we struggle with stupid things, she always hugs and kisses me and tells me she loves me when she goes off to school so I can't complain too much, right? I have the teen years to look forward to for that!!!!
3.gif

Anyway, sorry to make this all about me! Just wanted to check in. I know most of you are on FB but those of you who aren't (janine, puffy), you really should come and find us! Miss everyone and will try to stay more connected here! xo

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
curly, I was JUST thinking about you today and thought - wow, she hasn''t posted in awhile! So glad to see you hear and to read the update of your cuties!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Curly, did you use all those Gymbucks?
2.gif
Such a clever marketing ploy. I spent way too much money. Happy belated B-day Lucy! I LOVE that Lily calls her "cutie pie." Adorable!

MrsS, I am still scared. Princesss and I were doing some practice questions...yeah...not so good.

Janine, I hope you both agree on what is right for your family. Tough decision. Hope C starts sleeping through the night soon.

Jas12, both I guess. Honestly I just lost my passion for design. I want to do something more meaningful for me. I am sure the time will fly. Though the thought of 3,000 supervised hours is pretty daunting.
23.gif
I think I have most of the food and the goodie bags planned. They are too young for games/activities. The invites were CHEAP and I have always had good luck with vistaprint''s quality. Hope Co''s teething goes quick.

Burk, well it is a win/win I guess!
2.gif
Nice that her old hats still fit! T''s head has grown but she has a few. I need to get her a new winter one. Hope T is feeling better today.

Puffy, I need mellow. So funny you are bargaining with him. Bribes are starting to work with T too.

So Tessa has perfected her fake laugh. She is so silly. She does it to engage people (Princesss it my witness) and now she even covers her mouth and really gets into it. She is a good actress which makes me nervous. She is stringing 3 or 4 words together. She will now say "I love you" which is wonderful to hear of course! I am currently her favorite person which I also enjoy
2.gif

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
burk hope T is doing better!! does your DH want a big family? i am all for at least 1 kid and i always pictured 2 kids would be perfect, of course i pictured 1 boy and 1 girl. so now i am starting to hear DH out on having another one. he grew up with 2 brothers so i think he wants another boy. he already is "planning" when we should TTC. CRAZY!!!

jas12 hope those teeth come in quick!! poor kid!!

janine sorry C isn''t sleeping well anymore. hopefully it''s just a phase that will pass. hopefully you and your DH will come to an agreement about #2. it must be tough to go through that. DH and i always wanted kids, at least 2. but he wants more, and i think i might be ok with 1 more but no more after that. Dh on the other hand, he would have an entire football team if i agreed.

mrsS B''s just being B. thanks for asking. i know, i am 28 weeks today and i still can''t believe it. i still wonder where on earth did the first 27 weeks go?!?! but then i look down and see my growing belly, and it does seem real. haha. is the family all better from being sick?

curly awww, the girls sound like they are doing well, and so darn cute!!!

tacori it''s so bad sometimes when we go out, and i have to tell B to sit still and i will give him a cookie. i feel like such a bad mother that i have to bribe my own child. oh well, hopefully it won''t have to continue for much longer. T sounds so adorable and funny!!! i love the fake laugh. B always does his fake laugh to get me laughing when he knows i am mad at him. awwww, i love you, so cute! before you know it, she will be speaking in full sentences!!!

not much new here...28 weeks along today!! holy cow!! and B is still loving his mommy the most then his little brother. DH will ask him who he loves more and he will tell DH, it''s mommy then brother, then daddy. i feel bad for DH but DH thinks it''s pretty funny. on some days, he will love his little brother more than he loves his mommy. silly kids.

lili

Ideal_Rock
Puffy--
Yup, she definitely knows how to work us.
One time, she bit me when I tried to fish something out of her mouth.
So I screamed and she knows I was upset.
She immediately start to playfully pinched me and I still ignore her.
Then she grabbed my face w/ both hands and start identifying my face parts
38.gif

Of course, I broke down and played w/ her.

Unfortunately, she didn''t shake this cold away as fast.
Or it could be the perpetual teething or she caught another cold.
40.gif

How cute that B will let you know that you are his favorite person in the world.
I''m only J''s favorite when it''s time to sleep, otherwise it''s daddy.

QT--
What type of books does M have?
I know J likes to flip through the non-board type of books (those w/ lots of words).
Her attention span is not long enough for me to finish a page....so we usually just go through and identify things on those books.
Give her time, she''ll grow into them.
J was more interested in eating the books when she was younger too.

MissChi--
Another thing that J loves is artichoke.
Just steamed them for half an hour and she''s a happy camper for a while.
Also, frozen veggies (like peas and corns) are some of her favorite snacks.

iluvcarts--
Glad to see you drop in.
How have you and your kiddies been?

Tacori--
Haha, the fun stage of monkey see, monkey do huh?
J is starting to echo things we said too. Her favorite expression is "wha was that?" because I kept using it when she tried to tell me something.
Yup, we''ve gone 18 months w/o a crib and a stroller!
At this point, I don''t think we''ll be getting one....I know J will just rattled the crib or try to climb out of it.
Anyway, good luck w/ your GRE. I''m sure you''ll do great. You just need to get back into the test taking mentality.

Wow, can''t believe T is going to be 2 soon.
The zoo theme is going to be so cute.
Are you going to do cuppies again and w/ your mom''s help?

Burk--
Ugh, hope T feels better soon.
Is she teething?

Jas12--
Poor Co, hope his teeth come in soon.
Don''t feel bad about the motrin. I had to drug J up for a whole week too when her molars were coming in.
We''ve actually been not preventing for the last couple of months.
We did try last month, but evil AF showed up
15.gif

So we shall see what is in store this month.
I went ahead and schedule a consultation w/ the fertility specialist the end of this month, just to get the ball rolling if I get a BFN again.
Fingers crossed I don''t need to make that appt.

Curly--
Glad you come to update us.
Happy belated bday to MsLucy!
Wow, sounds like she''s becoming quite the little chatterbox too.
I''m not surprised since look who she has to compete w/ to get some words in.
Ms Lily sounds like quite the little diva --- so cute.
Any recent pix of your little beauties?

Janine and Puffy--
Yeah, come find us on FB.

TGal--
Can''t believe we have 1.5 yr olds on our hand huh?
Did A have her 18month check-up yet?

lili

Ideal_Rock
Janine--
J was 18lbs at her one year appt.
Until recently did she break the 20lb mark.

36.gif
for C taking her first 2 steps.
J didn''t start walking until about 1.5 months after she took her first couple of steps.

Haha, DH is not gung-ho about having #2 here.
But since both of us are not getting younger and we are pretty sure that we don''t want J to be an only child, we''ll have to start now and it''ll never happen.

Burk

Ideal_Rock
So, Tayva has H1N1.
7.gif
Today was trying. She played hard like usual (aka she was her normal crazy doesn''t stop self), but is just extra clingy and whiny and would not nap which made for a very long day. She ended up falling asleep laying beside me on the couch at 6:30 watching Sesame Street. Hopefully tomorrow will be better. The doctor says this strain is really mild so it could be anywhere from 2-6 days.

Jas12~I''m sure everything went fine at school I just wish that I didn''t have to go there to prepare and it didn''t take so darn long to do so....what can ya do, though? I think DH is going to stay home with her tomorrow for the half day I teach so that I can go in. I have a sister I''m really close with as well so I think it''s hard not to picture that for your kids. I''m sure whatever you end up with this time you''ll be so excited! Teething sucks! Hope those teeth pop through quickly!!

janine~Thanks! My DH just turned 42 yesterday. He was worried about trying for number 2 (which we hadn''t really officially started doing when we found out we were preggo
40.gif
) for a number of reasons. We always knew, though, we wanted to have 2. I am the one who really wants to have more than 2 (or so I think right now....time will tell) so I may be trying to convince him for number 3 should that time come. Chloe is still young and you two are plenty young so I would just give it a little more time.

mrss~Isn''t it funny how things work out? I am so excited to have a little boy.

curly~Sounds like the girls are doing awesome!! I can''t believe how big Lucy is! T was weighed at the clinic today and she''s 26 pounds too!
3.gif
So cute about the girls together. I think we need video on FB!!!

Tacori~I ordered a fall/light winter jacket today and I don''t think any of her hats from last year will match so I''ll *need* to get a new winter one too. So cute about the fake laugh. I think "I love you" is about the best phrase any child could learn to say. Melts my heart every time T says it.

puffy~No, my DH does not want a big family. I do!
21.gif
He has always wanted 2. I, however, would love 3 or 4. We''re just going to see how things go with the new baby and discuss later. The new house will be big enough for more so we have our options open. So funny that your DH is planning TTC for the next one....my DH is sooo not doing that however I think he''d be more than happy to actually get to go through the process of actually TTC since we never have done that and he feels he missed out on the BDing!
20.gif

lili~Thanks! She just got 5 teeth in so I think she''s done with teeth for a while...maybe. Stupid influenza!!

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
We had a long night.

So we took Meena to the emergency room yesterday night when her fever was still 103 after giving her tylenol two hours (she woke up around 2:00am and had a fever of 104). Her fever had been between 101 - 103 for the past day, and we couldn''t get it to go below 100 with motrin and tylenol. So we were a little. I was still kind of hesitant b/c I didn''t want to be the over-protective/overreacting parents when the kid only has a fever. But DH said better safe than sorry, so we went. Well after we got there, they gave her some motrin (the nurse said that we can overlap giving tylenol and motrin since they work differently, as long as the tylenol is given every 4 hours and motrin every 6 hours). I don''t remember pedi suggesting that. Anyways so after they gave her the medicine her fever went down. We stayed for the dr to see her, but I figured they''ll send us home since the fever went down anyways. To be safe, the dr ordered a nose swab for the flu, chest x-ray for pneumonia, and blood test for bacteria in the blood. The tests came back normal (the blood test results aren''t in, but the other two were normal), and she just has a cold. So I feel so silly for being the overreacting mom and that I wasted the time of the emergency staff, and on top of that, we are all very tired.

Since we came home this morning at 10:30am, Meena''s fever had not come back. I am hoping it stays that way.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
burk, I really hope T gets to feeling better soon. Lily was sick with a fever last week but her ped. said that unless tylenol didn't seem to be working or she had a really high fever . to just keep her home. the hospitals and dr.'s offices are so swamped here with parents freaking out that they are really trying to calm fears and said most kids will recover just fine with fluids and motrin/tylenol. So, I'm pretty sure Lily had the flu, just not sure if it was H1N1 or the regular flu. hubby had it too but never got sick enough to got to the dr. so we don't know. the rest of us of have been fine. the kids all are scheduled to get their regular flu shots on thursday. Lily did run a fever and complained of a headache and sore throat for a few days.

everyone seems to be pretty much recovered on our house. my kids have fall break this week and are off school so we are going to go to the zoo tomorrow, if it's not raining. should be fun. it's really starting to feel like fall here now and I love this time of year. I've been baking pumpkin bread and made a pot roast yesterday. it was cold enough for us to have a fire in our fireplace which was just so nice. Jake would just look at it, point and say "hot" and then blow like he does when I put something hot on his tray. it's cute.

tacori-i totally am with you on the gymbucks but I really do love gymboree's clothes. they hold up really nicely so I usually get a double dip with Lily being able to wear C's hand me downs.

curly-so glad you checked in and gave us the update. having 2 little girls is fun isn't it? your 2 are just adorable.

puffy-everyone is doing well. jake's nose is still running a bit but I think it may be teething. he now goes and gets his own tissues and will wipe it himself, that's how long he's had it.

lili-sending baby dust prayers your way
1.gif

qt-don't feel bad. if one of my kids had a fever and medicine didn't bring it down I would have gone to the dr/ER too. i think will all the "flu" fear out there it's always better to be safe than sorry. I'm so glad she's okay.

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
lili so cute that J does that to you! it''s amazing that kids know when you''re mad and what exactly to do to get you not to be mad anymore. hope she is getting better from the cold. has she gotten her flu vaccine? good luck with the TTC!! so exciting!

burk oh my...poor girl!! i hope she gets better real soon! i tell DH that he may change his mind once we have 2 kids. he thinks it''s going to be all fun and games. of course he has conveniently forgotten about those sleepless nights, so once we bring baby home, i''ll ask him hoe he feels about having more kids. it''s so strange with B and the new baby, we didn''t "try" so he also feels like we should have had a BDing marathon and that he missed out. MEN!!

qt hope M''s fever continues to stay away!! you were just being a parent! and yes always better to be safe than sorry.

mrsS have a great time at the zoo with the kids! and pumpkin bread...YUMMY!!! i love the smell of pumpkin anything baking.

so whatever DH had, a common cold or whatever, i think i am coming down with it now. my throat is really hurting and just slight coughs here and there. hopefully it''s nothing major. i don''t want to get B sick too.

MissChi

Rough_Rock
Tacori - You should give yourself a lot of credit for wanting to go back to school and into a completely different field. Sometimes I wonder what I will do when I go back to work. I enjoyed the working with kids aspect of teaching, but not necessarily all of the other stuff that went along with it. I started my master''s in education before we moved and don''t know if I have it in me to finish. I think it''s awesome that you are going back! On a different note - have you looked into preschools at all yet for T? I know I have a few years to think about it, but I know that the (good) programs around us are crazy expensive. SO cute that T is saying I love you now!! I can''t wait for that day... I know it will melt my heart too!!

Puffy - That''s so cute that B tells your DH to be nice to you! Do you have any girls on your side of the family? T is doing well. The weather is finally starting to cool off here so we''ve been spending quite a bit of time outside. Congrats on making it to 28 weeks! You''re little one will be here before you know it!

Burk - Oh no! So sorry to hear about Tayva! Poor girl! Is your new house close to your current house? Will you still work at the same school next year? That''s nice that you won''t have to worry too much about all of the house decisions when the new baby arrives. Do you think you''ll be in the new house by then? By the way, I really like the names you''ve chosen!

Jas12 - I totally agree with you on boy''s adoring their mama''s!
2.gif
The same thing used to happen to my T''s face when he was teething - very rosy cheeks. How many teeth does he have so far? T LOVES to brush his teeth! He will stand by our bathroom cabinet, point, and say "teeth!" It''s kind of funny actually.

Janinegirly - Do you think C is trying starting the transition from two naps to one? Maybe that has something to do with the wake ups at night? I''m sorry you are having some issues about #2. I agree that maybe as C gets a little older you could try discussing it again.

Mrssalvo - Cute story about wanting a girl vs. a boy. I agree - you cannot imagine your life any differently once they arrive!

Curlygirl - I am new to this thread, but just wanted to say hi! Your girls sound adorable and that they keep you very busy!

lili - Yum... I love artichokes! Maybe I''ll need to make them for all of us soon!

qtiekiki - Poor Meena! I would have done the exact same thing as you. Trust your mommy instinct. We can never be too careful with our little ones. Glad everything is ok. Hopefully you guys were able to get some rest.

Funny that a few of you were mentioning Gymbucks. I just went there with T today. I found a few long sleeved polos/shirts and a couple of sweatshirts. It''s easy to spend too much $ there. I agree with MrsS though on the quality. At least I know that I''ll be able to reuse them if we have another boy someday. It used to be so much easier to shop for T. Now it''s one (or two) stores and I''m done. He just doesn''t want to sit in his stroller for too long. I''ve actually been finding that it is much easier to shop online these days!

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
Thanks all--it's a tough spot. Yes I can wait a few months/a year to discuss it with DH, but it makes it hard to have to convince someone of something like this. Because what if he is guilted into agreeing and then for whatever reason feels I created a stressful life that he didn't 100% want. Like when there's a newborn and a toddler driving me mad, or 2 teenagers when he's in his 60's, or 2 college tuitions when he should be playing golf somewhere in his golden years. It's a tough thing to try to convince, he'd need to come to the decision on his own..and even then I'll never be sure it's really what he wants. Sucks! Especially since most of people IRL and here have reverse situations--where DH's are pushing the wife to have more, but she wants to wait (ie not in a rush to be preggo).

Anyway, thanks for listening.

Burk: thanks for sharing--I'll be curious how things turn out when it's time for #3! You'd be great with a big family! Oh and I can't believe T has H1N1, it is something I am hearing more and more--it's more prevalent then most think. Do you think it was from daycare? Are they having you take the vaccination since you are preggo? Hang in there, you are juggling alot.

Curly: thanks for the update, your girls continue to be superstars by the sounds of it! Lily is already talking? All I get are bossy sounds!
emsmilep.gif

Tacori: Good for you for thinking about going back to school!

Puffy: 28 weeks already?? Oh my!! Exciting...

Lili: good to know my C isn't the only featherweight with a big belly!
emteeth.gif

Qtiekiki
: I'm so sorry about M, that's scary. Let us know what the tests come back as. You can never be too careful in my opinion. High fevers are not to be messed with! Hang in there..

Jas12

Ideal_Rock

Hi gang

MissChi--i love my momma’s boy. When he melts into my arms and when he says "ma, I lub ew" I burst. Just something about boys and their moms
30.gif
. My Co loves to brush his teeth too. Sometimes it is the only way i can get him out of the bath. He makes a clicking sound when he wants to brush. At first he would just eat the toothpaste, but now he''s pretty good at brushing on his own. He has about 14 teeth now (2 are the eye-teeth that just came in)
I don''t know Gymbucks--we don''t have it in canada--but i totally agree that shopping online is easier! I''ll have to check it out! Are the prices good?
Puffy--hope your aren''t sick! Everyone is getting sick on this thread!
My DH is talking about kid #3 too. Kinda makes me feel ...
32.gif
. We will definitely have to play it by ear. You *must* be interested in the third if you are considering it while preggo--lol.

QT--i think you did the right thing. With all the flu scares going around, it''s better to just be safe

MrsS. I LOVE fall too. It is fully fall here and ihave been making comfort foods as well. Nice isn''t it! Snow has already flown here, so i am enjoying the colors and outside-time while it lasts. Have fun at the zoo--hope everyone is well enough to enjoy it. Hope to see pics on FB

1.gif

Burk--oh poor T. I really hope tomorrow is easier on you. The only up side to that is you won''t have to worry about H1N1 any longer right? Have you stayed healthy--must be a worry for you, pregnant and all?
Your DH does not look 42. Looks younger than my 30 yr old ''trades-worn'' DH
3.gif
You are young however, so I guess if your DH is game, you could wait a long time before deciding on #3!
Tacori--it does sound daunting, but i bet if your heart is into it, it won''t be so bad.
Party planning is so fun--i love shopping for that sort of thing.

Lili--i hope you don''t need that fertility appnt. You can obviously get pregnant so it''s probably just a matter of timing. I don''t know about you, but having a baby makes DTD harder to um, "schedule". It''s crazy that we only have a 25% chance of getting preg each month--assuming everything is in order. Don''t get stressed yet!

Curly--can''t believe Lucy is one now. Sounds like your girls are wonderful. They are really great kids eh?! Lucky momma
1.gif

So after lamenting that i need to let some things go in order to balance my life, i did something kinda stupid. I was notified about a government job posting looking for curriculum writers (a text) for adult education. I applied at the last minute since the subject matter is really relevant to my teaching and it is contract work intended to be completed on your own time. I have some experience from university writing for a text that was published, but certainly nothing recent and really, i didn''t think i was qualified but decided to give it a shot. I got the position. The good news is it is great experience, the pay is nice (& i need it with the new house and all !) and I can do a lot of it at work since i have tons of down time while my students complete assignments. The downside is it may be a few days away for conferencing and i have a feeling it''ll mean putting in a lot of time in the evenings. *sigh* sometimes i don''t know why i get myself into these kinds of situations. It is a typical Jas12 thing to do
5.gif

Burk

Ideal_Rock
T is about the same today. I just got to work and DH is staying home with her while I teach my 3 classes. T''s pedi thinks I probably gave the H1N1 to her....I was so sick last week and my allergist never tested me but the pedi just assumes that''s what I had. I am around sick kids every day so I wouldn''t be surprised. Since he thinks it was me who gave it to her, I don''t have to worry about getting it from her now! What a mess.

QT~Sorry you had a rough night! Good that all the tests came back fine. We took T to the emergency room once when I couldn''t get her 104 degree fever to break. It''s scary. Hope she''s feeling better now!!

mrss~I think there is way more of the H1N1 going around than we even know in addition to all the other crap going around. Our doctors office said they''ve been swamped. Her pedi said it''s really a mild flu and most kids are handling it just fine and wasn''t really concerned. Glad everyone in your household is getting back to normal!!

puffy~I was hoping she''d be one of the ones who just had it for 2 days and was over it but doesn''t look like that''s the case since her temp was still 102 this morning.
7.gif
Men are funny....my DH has the exact same line of thinking!

Misschi~Thanks. Our new house is across town from our current house but my school is basically right in between so it''ll only be a 10 minute drive to school. We''re not really sure when we''ll be in the new house, but we most likely won''t even break ground until February. Winters are pretty cold here and we really don''t like the idea of being under construction in sub zero temps! Quality of work can go down the drain. Oh, and shopping online is a must....taking T shopping is a nightmare!!

janine~I''ll keep ya posted on the #3 progress in a couple years when we''re there! There is H1N1 everywhere in our city. I just told my class she has it and 6 of my 22 kids said they''ve had it!!!! There has only been one case at her daycare and he was 2 rooms above her and it was weeks ago so I''m pretty certain her pedi''s theory about me giving it to her is right. I think everyone is really freaked out by it but it''s really just the flu.
41.gif

Jas12~Congrats on the job! At least it''s pretty flexible and the extra money will be nice. No H1N1 vaccines at our house now!
16.gif
I felt horrible for about 2 weeks so I probably had it and am over it. The baby looked great last week and I looked better when I had T''s pedi look at me yesterday so I''m trying to be worry-free about it. No one ever believes me when I tell them how old DH is. It''s quite entertaining. We have time to decide on #3 for sure. If it''s meant to be, it will be I think!

sasa

Brilliant_Rock

Jas12, hope Co''s teeth pop soon! Congrats on the job, just concentrate on the good side and don''t think about the downside then you''re set.

2.gif

janinegirly, we''re not sure about #2 either. We don''t want little B to be the only child but little B was such a difficult child that gave us lots of scared that we''re kind of traumatized by it. DH is close to his 40 and he is not sure if he can go thru the first 3 months of hell again.

Curly, the mental image of Lucy gives Lily kisses just warms my heart, so jealous that Lucy is 26 pounds...

Tacori, Tessa is so lady like to cover her mouth when she laugh...she is too cute.

puffy, can''t believe you are 28 weeks already, time flies...Hope you are not sick and it''s just the weather changing that is causing it.

Burk, sorry to hear Tayva has H1N1, hope she recover soon. Did the pedi gave her any medicine for it?

QT, don''t feel bad about it, all Meena''s symptom are like little B''s symptom when he got Kawasaki disease. We did the overlap of the tylenol and motrin too at home and at the ER when we couldn''t get his fever down. It''s always better to be safe then sorry. Hope Meena feel better soon.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
hi mommies, so we had a great time at the zoo. the weather held out and the rain didn''t come until after we left. they have a caged area that you can go in and birds fly all around you. Jake loved it. he also loved the petting zoo (goats). I really need to get a membership now that he''s big enough to really understand and enjoy looking at the animals etc. pics are up on fb. i''m trying to plan some other fun activities for the rest of the week since my big kids are off school. so crazy they get an entire week in the middle of october.

tgal-did A have her 18 month check up yet? jake goes on thursday and I''m anxious to see what his stats are. he''s outgrown all of his 12-18 month pants so I know he''s gotten at least a little taller.

hope everyone else is doing well and staying healthy.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
MrsS, I screwed up on her 15 month appt and I ended up taking her at 16 months. So her 18 month is at 19 months to space out the vacs. I go early in November.

We measured her using a yardstick recently and she looked to be about 33.5 inches. My guess with the way they measure at my docs that she will come back as 34 inches. I''ll weigh her later today, but I''m guessing somewhere in the 25-26 pound range? Who knows...maybe less, but she sure feels heavy to me.

lili

Ideal_Rock
Burk--
Poor T. Hope she makes a quick recovery.
Haha, too funny about your DH worrying about TTC#2.
Maybe #3 will be the same :D

QT--
Another sick baby.
Hope M feels better too.
Glad to hear that it's just a cold.
Anyway, don't feel bad....I'd probably do the same too if J's fever is high after being medicated.

MrsS--
Haha....that's so cute Jake will blow when he knows it's hot.
And how nice is that he knows to use the kleenex for his runny nose.
J will wipe her nose only when she pretend sneeze.
Like I said before, J acts like I'm trying to suffocate her when I wipe her nose.
She'd be smacking my hands like a crazy woman.
Thanks....send as much dust as you can.
So is your sister TTC #2 too?

Puffy--
Ugh, hope you and B don't get sick.
Tis the season I guess. I better go and get the flu shots for myself and family.

Janine--
Haha, I like them featherweight since I'm a shortie myself.
At 20lbs, J is getting a bit heavy for me to carry her upstair.
There's no way I would be able to carry her if she's any heavier.

I see what you mean about having DH want to have the second one instead of agreeing to have the second because you want it.
I had the same issue too when we were talking about starting a family.
DH was fine w/ or w/o children, but if we have children, it'll have to be 2.
But he said that it's really up to me if we want to have kids.
Honestly, if it were up to him, he'd probably prefer a child-free lifestyle.

Jas12--
Wow, congrats on the new job!
That's great how flexible the job is.
It is going to be tough, but I know you can handle it.
How long is the contract for?
Hehe, I hear you about "scheduling" w/ a baby.
Not stressing yet, but just thought I get my name in the initial consultation class doesn't happen everyday.
They have those classes every so often.

Bobo--
How is B doing?
Did he miss mommy while you were gone?

TGal--
Wow, 34 inches? I think J is only 32 (33 max)
That girl is supermodel tall!
J will have her 18 months checkup on Thu too...but it's pending if she over this cold.
Don't know if they'll administer shots if she's got a cold.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
lili-yes, my sister is TTC #2 as well. like you gals she''s trying to be patient and just see what happens but it''s hard. I think she did start charting and gets a text from baby center that''s a pretty funny reminder of the days that are her best chance so she and her hubby should baby dance..hehe....

well, now my oldest is sick. she''s actually spent a couple of days of her break with my mom and hubby is picking her up this afternoon. she''s still asleep so I''m not sure if she''s running a fever or anything yet. our ped. is just up the street from my mom though so if she is running a fever I think we are going to just take her in. she''s complaining of a sore throat too
7.gif

i''m getting ready to run some errands with L and J and we''re going to go get Jake''s halloween costume.

i hope everyone has a great wed.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tessa and I went to her library class today. We take it with my friend''s twin boys. She was whiney at first but then started to get into it. She grabbed one of the boys hands and tried to walk with him around the room. He CLEARLY did not like being bossed around so finally shook her hand off (she put up a fight). Instead of feeling rejected she just went to the other boy and tried to grab his hand while saying "walk! Walk!" Which sounds more like wawk but still. He ignored her so she moved onto rolling around on the floor. Hysterical.

Puffy, cookies work. Plain and simple. I think we will have to bribe them for life. My parents STILL bribe me to come visit
2.gif
and I am almost 30. Her vocab is expanding so quickly now. She says the most random things. It is fun to watch her change and grow. Good thing your Dh has a sense of humor. That would hurt my DH''s feelings. Hope you are feeling better.

Lili, no stroller! Does she walk everywhere or do you have to carry her? Even now T makes us carry her sometimes. A stroller is still a must for us. Will you get one for #2? I am so freaked out by the GRE it is not even funny. Fingers crossed I do decent b/c decent is all I need. I set the test date YIKES! No going back now. My mom is totally helping me with the cupcakes. Not sure I have enough confidence to do it on my own. J is such a skinny mini. I cannot believe she can fit into 4 months clothes.

Burk, sorry to hear about T.
7.gif
Poor baby. Where do you hat shop? I need to get T one.

Q, poor M! 104 is high enough to warrant an ER trip IMHO. You were being good parents. Hope she feels better soon.

MrsS, love the zoo pics. So cute! Glad everyone is feeling better. I couldn''t find some tights I wanted but oh well. That''s what happens with gymbucks...things go FAST. I agree the quality is really good. Makes me hope for another girl
2.gif
What is Jake going to be for halloween?

MissChi, I need to be happy and I think this new field would be very fulfilling. I just don''t want to wait to get started if that makes sense. I have briefly thought about preschools b/c I know admissions is in Feb. Poor kid will be in preschool for 3 years before she is old enough for kindergarden. Seems kinda like overkill but at least it gives her structure and socialization. I don''t think the prices are that bad but I have nothing to compare it to.

Janine, it will work out. I know it will. Adding to your family is a BIG decision. Just talk it out.

Jas12, congrats on the new job! I am sure it will help with the new house. Can''t believe it has snowed there already.

Bobo, she is an actress. Haha.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results