shape
carat
color
clarity

No one notices my new 5ctw e-ring upgrade!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
The only time that it''s "rude" to compliment someone on their jewelry is if it''s done in front of other people, meaning you pay one individual a personal compliment and not the others. This is improper as far as any compliments are concerned.

Otherwise, I LOVE getting and giving compliments about jewelry, and I''m sure I''d be complimenting this gorgeous 5 ct ring if there was a picture to admire!
2.gif

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/24/2008 4:35:40 AM
Author: Gemma12

Date: 1/23/2008 10:10:47 PM
Author: thing2of2

Date: 1/23/2008 9:56:49 PM
Author: ringabling
I''m curious. . . why do people think it''s rude to comment positively on another gals beautiful bauble?
I mean, we wear it on our finger, we''re not hiding it.
I wonder if people who haven''t reacted positively to a compliment may have appreciated it, but not be used to accepting compliment graciously?
I''m tellin'' ya, it''s a lost art and that''s sad!

KWIM?

I completely agree! As long as you give a simple ''I love your ring!'' or ''What a beautiful ring!'' I don''t think it''s rude at all. Even if it is a big honker! Let''s be real...98% of people probably wouldn''t be wearing a big ol'' ring if they didn''t want it to be noticed!

I love it when people compliment my ring, and I always respond graciously. Even if I do get a weird comment, like ''How much was that?!'', I just smile and say ''I don''t know because I didn''t pay for it!''
I agree-complimenting is good! I just don''t tend to strike up conversations with strangers and I guess I might feel a bit weird if I was stuck in a lift, say, with someone who said avidly ''That is a great diamond!'' and stared at my ring like they wanted to eat it (True story)!
23.gif
I absolutely comment on people''s jewelry if the opportunity arises!

Case in point-was eating lunch in a restaurant today when a woman with a gorgeous sapphire and baguette diamond bracelet sat down at the table next to me. I wanted to pull out a camera and start taking photos (to post here, you understand-I have a sickness) but just restrained myself! I do see Strm''s point too about guys commenting on jewelry-maybe some people might feel vunerable in that situation??
LMAO! The lighting in the elevators at my office is amazing -- it makes my ring shoot off rainbows. I get more compliments in the elevator than anywhere else.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/24/2008 2:41:28 PM
Author: isaku5
I can''t believe that we have three pages of dialogue about this gorgeous ring, and no one has posted a picture????
33.gif
Yes, this is becoming rather cruel. Time to put up or shut up.
11.gif
2.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/22/2008 2:24:10 PM
Author: lovewhitediamonds

Date: 1/22/2008 1:45:52 PM
Author: Gypsy
When I see LARGE stones (except at GTG''s) I don''t say anything. I just send covetous glances when no one is looking, craning my neck to get a better view. I always assume the person if comfortable with their stone, get bothered a lot, and while I would LOVE to grab their hands and stare... I think that would be rude of me.

So... that could be it. I promise though, shoudl you and I ever meet your rock is gonna get the ogling of its lifetime.
You''re so sweet Gypsy -- thanks... and you really helped me out when I was shopping (thanks again!)
I only hope to meet some of the great people of PS -- I would oogle AND compliment them on all their jewels!!!

Aww. You don''t have to thank me. You have a stunning asscher, and I know you are happy with it, which I think is the best thing about the whole thing.

I hope you get to meet some PSers in person soon too!

lovewhitediamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks again everyone for all your comments... guess we beat this one up...
... sit tight for pics...if I don''t get my band today, it will be next week... just wish I had a better camera.

On an off topic, (threadjacking my own thread?)
.. has there ever been an "annual" PS GTG? I see so many different ones (LA, NY, Chicago etc) but wondered if they ever organized one big gtg somewhere... how fun would that be?!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results