shape
carat
color
clarity

No one notices my new 5ctw e-ring upgrade!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lovewhitediamonds

Brilliant_Rock
I''m not looking for oogles, but I have worn my new upgrade (it''s a stunner and pics will come as soon as I get my new wedding band) for a month... with NO ONE really noticing it.
8.gif

Maybe 2 people have commented on it (one at work and one in the grocery store). Now, I''m not one to show-off, so I don''t bring it up... but isn''t it odd? Do you think they see it and they don''t say anything? How can you miss a big asscher center stone? I notice everyones jewelry!!

Maybe people just aren''t into diamonds like me? Oh well, it doesn''t matter what others think, but it would of been so nice for someone to notice.
39.gif

Guess I will have to wait until I post pics from all you wonderful PS''ers who appreciate gems!

Has this happened to anyone else out there?

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nobody where I live has a 1ct diamond. In fact nobody seems to have a diamond ring at all. Its more gemstone rings or just wedding bands.

If it makes you feel any better, nobody cares if I have a gorgeous 1ct diamond! I think its only us Pricescopers who are interested - so hurry up and post photos!!!
9.gif

lovewhitediamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/22/2008 12:56:38 PM
Author: Maisie
Nobody where I live has a 1ct diamond. In fact nobody seems to have a diamond ring at all. Its more gemstone rings or just wedding bands.

If it makes you feel any better, nobody cares if I have a gorgeous 1ct diamond! I think its only us Pricescopers who are interested - so hurry up and post photos!!!
9.gif
yea, you''re right Maisie.... it''s so nice to have PS...
1.gif

pics are coming, my band should be ready this week!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I think it depends on your social circle. Frankly, if I got a new ring, I wouldn''t expect many people to notice it either. Around my area, people just don''t comment on other''s personal choices. Please try to enjoy those who do notice, rather than be distressed about those who don''t.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
loveswhitediamonds,
I think sometimes lots of people don't know about diamonds so they don't exactly pay attention. I also think people aren't sure whether to comment or not. I actually commented on one of my friends rings and wanted to know all about it and she said she didn't know much about it, so now I don't ask too many people about their rings unless they are really good friends. I am in the camp of wanting to see your ring, please post pics soon!!!
3.gif

lovewhitediamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/22/2008 1:01:14 PM
Author: Fly Girl
I think it depends on your social circle. Frankly, if I got a new ring, I wouldn''t expect many people to notice it either. Around my area, people just don''t comment on other''s personal choices. Please try to enjoy those who do notice, rather than be distressed about those who don''t.

that''s just it no one does!!

.. and I''m disappointed really, not distressed in any way...

lovewhitediamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/22/2008 1:01:42 PM
Author: Skippy123
loveswhitediamonds,
I think sometimes lots of people don''t know about diamonds so they don''t exactly pay attention. I also think people aren''t sure whether to comment or not. I actually commented on one of my friends rings and wanted to know all about it and she said she didn''t know much about it, so now I don''t ask too many people about their rings unless they are really good friends. I am in the camp of wanting to see your ring, please post pics soon!!!
3.gif
Thanks Skippy...I agree about the "not payng attention"... I just always tell people I like their jewelry....but if I don''t like it, that''s when I don''t say anything!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Honestly? There are so many women wearing huge fakies these days that when I see one that is too big I often assume it''s fake.
7.gif

Sorry...

lovewhitediamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/22/2008 1:06:37 PM
Author: neatfreak
Honestly? There are so many women wearing huge fakies these days that when I see one that is too big I often assume it''s fake.
7.gif

Sorry...
this isn''t exactly huge -- as it is an asscher!!!!
and it lights up the room when it sparkles -- I don''t think anyone would think this one is a fake

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
People might think it''s fake like neatfreak said or they don''t want to make you feel uncomfortable (i.e. safety-wise). There was an interesting thread about scooching (sp?) a while ago.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/22/2008 1:08:20 PM
Author: lovewhitediamonds

and it lights up the room when it sparkles -- I don''t think anyone would think this one is a fake
I don''t know where you''re from, but I can assure you that a three-carat asscher is huge to a majority of people. Bigger than that IS huge to others.

I''d bet a month''s salary that most people would think it''s fake....because they just don''t know any better.

Most people don''t love jewelry the way we do here, so most people have NO point of reference.

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
LWD, I was at my doctor''s office last week, and the lady at the front desk handed me a clipboard to fill out some paperwork. All I noticed was her ring and the first thing I said was "how big is that". I don''t know if it was appropriate to say that, or not, but she said it was 5 carats. It was a beauty. Then one of the other girls she worked with said, let me see. Then I was thinking to myself, ''how did her co-worker miss that.'' The moral to the story is, I don''t think I would have said anything if I wasn''t into rings and diamonds. That could be what''s going on with you. I don''t think most people are like ''us''. Also, most people only know round stones and then after that they all look alike. I complimented someone I work with on your beautiful emerald pendant and she said ''i thought it was a princess''. I said, ''no, it''s an emerald''. I hope all my babbling is making sense, but I guess what I''m trying to say is I think unless you come across someone who appreciates diamonds like we do, they just don''t get it. Anyway, have you posted pictures of your stone, because I''d love to oogle over it
emsmilep.gif

lovewhitediamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/22/2008 1:20:07 PM
Author: aljdewey

I don''t know where you''re from, but I can assure you that a three-carat asscher is huge to a majority of people. Bigger than that IS huge to others.

I''d bet a month''s salary that most people would think it''s fake....because they just don''t know any better.

Most people don''t love jewelry the way we do here, so most people have NO point of reference.
Great point.

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/22/2008 1:20:07 PM
Author: aljdewey

Yes, this is what I was trying to say. They don''t have a point of reference. Once you have learned about diamonds, you really appreciate seeing other stones.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
honestly, i never comment on anyone's ring unless I know them, and even then it's rare. Of course I look and admire, but would just never say or ask anything about it. I don't think it's that people don't notice or don't like it, they just may feel uncomfortable saying anything to you about it.

lovewhitediamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/22/2008 1:24:54 PM
Author: mrssalvo
honestly, i never comment on anyone''s ring unless I know them, and even then it''s rare. Of course I look and admire, but would just never say or ask anything about it. I don''t think it''s that people don''t notice or don''t like it, they just may fell uncomfortable saying anything to you about it.
normally I would agree -- but I''ve worked with the same group of people for 12 years...we talk about everything!

lovewhitediamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/22/2008 1:21:58 PM
Author: marvel
LWD, I was at my doctor''s office last week, and the lady at the front desk handed me a clipboard to fill out some paperwork. All I noticed was her ring and the first thing I said was ''how big is that''. I don''t know if it was appropriate to say that, or not, but she said it was 5 carats. It was a beauty. Then one of the other girls she worked with said, let me see. Then I was thinking to myself, ''how did her co-worker miss that.'' The moral to the story is, I don''t think I would have said anything if I wasn''t into rings and diamonds. That could be what''s going on with you. I don''t think most people are like ''us''. Also, most people only know round stones and then after that they all look alike. I complimented someone I work with on your beautiful emerald pendant and she said ''i thought it was a princess''. I said, ''no, it''s an emerald''. I hope all my babbling is making sense, but I guess what I''m trying to say is I think unless you come across someone who appreciates diamonds like we do, they just don''t get it. Anyway, have you posted pictures of your stone, because I''d love to oogle over it
emsmilep.gif
another great point -- this has happened to me too... and your "babbling" totally makes sense!!! Thanks...
Here''s my stone saga:To Keep or Not

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
LWD, It really is a beautiful stone!! Did I miss the pictures of the new setting?

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
I once complimented my director on what I thought was a stunning honker of a yellow topaz ring. She said "yeah, it was $4." I said "well, it''s GOOD!" So I never really know when looking at big stones. I assure you if a close friend got a new ring I would notice, but not all of my friends would!

And I fully admit to tipping a waitress extra if she makes sincere compliments on my jewelry. Maybe you should go out to dinner!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
When I see LARGE stones (except at GTG''s) I don''t say anything. I just send covetous glances when no one is looking, craning my neck to get a better view. I always assume the person if comfortable with their stone, get bothered a lot, and while I would LOVE to grab their hands and stare... I think that would be rude of me.

So... that could be it. I promise though, shoudl you and I ever meet your rock is gonna get the ogling of its lifetime.

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Honestly, most people just aren''t that into jewelry, or they assume that stones that large are fakes. Our world here in Pricescope is much different than the actual world when it come to diamonds and jewelry.

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
Have you posted photos of this finished ring? I would love to see it - I promise you I''ll notice it!

Meanwhile I know what you mean, people don''t often comment on other people''s jewelry. I rarely do, unless it''s really the right moment and comfortable etc. I sometimes get uncomfortable when a stranger comments on my ring anyhow.

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/22/2008 12:48:15 PM
Author:lovewhitediamonds
I''m not looking for oogles...but it would of been so nice for someone to notice.

Ahhh, but you ARE looking for oogles, but in all the wrong places. Go to a jewelry store, I''ll bet you''ll get oogles there.

I read your post and wondered two things:

1. Why do you care so much what other people think about your ring. It''s YOUR ring, enjoy it for what it is and what it means to YOU.

2. Is it possible that you talked a lot about the upgrade when shopping and deciding to keep it, and now your colleagues are over the whole thing? Because to be honest, if I worked with someone who went on a lot about their 5ct upgrade, I might be a tad bit over it once it arrived...and I say that as someone who''s very into beautiful jewelry, so if they''re not even into jewelry, they just might not care at all. Just a thought...

Please, enjoy your ring. Nobody should get a ring because it will create a sensation when they walk through the office or a mall. Get it because it means something to you and your partner. And for godssake, enjoy it...!

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
No one EVER comments on my e-ring unless I am at a jewelry store....

Try not to feel odd, or think it is strange....some people are just not jewelry lovers, or prefer to keep comments to themselves.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Oh yes, I remember that drool-worthy Asscher beauty. If I saw you IRL, I would be tripping over my own feet to get a closer look, but perhaps people where you live are more restrained.
2.gif

Stop teasing us already and post pictures on your new e-ring! You can always add pictures with the new wedding band later. I want Asscher pictures now!!!

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
you know, i have always noticed other people''s jewelry and if given an opportunity i have complimented them on it. but i have noticed that often their response is awkward or uncomfortable as opposed to (my intention) of delighted, so lately i have been reminding myself to simply enjoy silently. i understand your dissappointment as personally i find that recieving a compliment (on anything) makes me feel warm & fuzzy, but since it seems to make more people feel uncomfortable rather than happy i put it out of mind.

now, let''s see this beauty of yours!
9.gif

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/22/2008 2:04:44 PM
Author: rainydaze
you know, i have always noticed other people''s jewelry and if given an opportunity i have complimented them on it. but i have noticed that often their response is awkward or uncomfortable as opposed to (my intention) of delighted, so lately i have been reminding myself to simply enjoy silently. i understand your dissappointment as personally i find that recieving a compliment (on anything) makes me feel warm & fuzzy, but since it seems to make more people feel uncomfortable rather than happy i put it out of mind.

now, let''s see this beauty of yours!
9.gif
Yeah, what is appropriate ring etiquette? I never know if I should say anything because they would be flattered, or not say anything because it makes them uncomfortable.

lovewhitediamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/22/2008 1:55:25 PM
Author: surfgirl

Date: 1/22/2008 12:48:15 PM
Author:lovewhitediamonds
I''m not looking for oogles...but it would of been so nice for someone to notice.

Ahhh, but you ARE looking for oogles, but in all the wrong places. Go to a jewelry store, I''ll bet you''ll get oogles there.

I read your post and wondered two things:

1. Why do you care so much what other people think about your ring. It''s YOUR ring, enjoy it for what it is and what it means to YOU.

2. Is it possible that you talked a lot about the upgrade when shopping and deciding to keep it, and now your colleagues are over the whole thing? Because to be honest, if I worked with someone who went on a lot about their 5ct upgrade, I might be a tad bit over it once it arrived...and I say that as someone who''s very into beautiful jewelry, so if they''re not even into jewelry, they just might not care at all. Just a thought...

Please, enjoy your ring. Nobody should get a ring because it will create a sensation when they walk through the office or a mall. Get it because it means something to you and your partner. And for godssake, enjoy it...!
Geez Surfgirl -- harsh!

No, I didn''t mention it at all to people I work with...only did my thing on PS... as I knew the people here could help me more than anyone.

And, believe me, I''m enjoying every minute of my ring! I never expect people to notice -- just hoped for one compliment! Is that so bad? Who wouldn''t like a nice comment about a new ring? It''s my 10 year anniv present!!!

fleur-de-lis

Brilliant_Rock
LoveWhiteDiamonds, I love it when I get compliments on my e-ring, but as pretty as it is, it certainly goes on "Compliment Dry Patches" where I find myself asking similar questions!

In truth, few people are as interested on a daily basis about diamonds as PS''ers are. I''ve noticed that if the flow of natural conversation turns to jewelry (or engagements), *then* normal people actually look at jewelry. I recently attended a bridal shower of a long-time friend, and when I asked to see the BEAUTIFUL ring her fiance picked out (high-color RB, set in a half-eternity), she used it as an opportunity to look at mine, then all the girls began asking and looking. My ring was a big hit and I loved that something I love so much had a few people actually saying "wow...", but it goes to show that even a "wow"-worthy ring can go a month without getting comments.

With a 5 carat ring like you have, I wouldn''t be surprised if it might be so stunning that it almost has a dampening-effect on compliments. Not unlike how a lot of people do not like talking about money, a piece that is obviously more expensive than the norm might tangentially have people not saying anything because it so obviously has a nexus to money, which is a taboo topic in their mind''s eye.

Well, either that, or you have one supremely ugly ring.
6.gif
The only way we can tell is if... you post photos of your ring as it is on this thread ASAP!
31.gif

f-d-l

lovewhitediamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/22/2008 1:45:52 PM
Author: Gypsy
When I see LARGE stones (except at GTG''s) I don''t say anything. I just send covetous glances when no one is looking, craning my neck to get a better view. I always assume the person if comfortable with their stone, get bothered a lot, and while I would LOVE to grab their hands and stare... I think that would be rude of me.

So... that could be it. I promise though, shoudl you and I ever meet your rock is gonna get the ogling of its lifetime.
You''re so sweet Gypsy -- thanks... and you really helped me out when I was shopping (thanks again!)
I only hope to meet some of the great people of PS -- I would oogle AND compliment them on all their jewels!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results